Info

Johnson City, TN

#268 Feb 14, 2013
I read an article in the Times-News by a professor at the UVA of Wise that said: "these proposed gun controls will not impact the vast majority of us if they do become law". My question is whom does he think these laws will impact (bad guys)? He also said: "With the expense of buying these kinds of guns, wouldn't it be better just to move to a better part of town where your commute doesn't require military-style armament?" I guess he assumes that buying a new home is cheaper than buying a gun. It appears that he is saying that we should allow the "bad guys" to controll our everyday lives and give them the run of the streets. He is saying that these laws if passed will have no impact or control of guns in our society. If that be the case why don't we try to find out why people do bad things with guns.
israeloverofg

Johnson City, TN

#269 Feb 18, 2013
Info wrote:
I read an article in the Times-News by a professor at the UVA of Wise that said: "these proposed gun controls will not impact the vast majority of us if they do become law". My question is whom does he think these laws will impact (bad guys)? He also said: "With the expense of buying these kinds of guns, wouldn't it be better just to move to a better part of town where your commute doesn't require military-style armament?" I guess he assumes that buying a new home is cheaper than buying a gun. It appears that he is saying that we should allow the "bad guys" to controll our everyday lives and give them the run of the streets. He is saying that these laws if passed will have no impact or control of guns in our society. If that be the case why don't we try to find out why people do bad things with guns.
We should really trust a professor.WHAHAHAHHA.Oh in march the UN treaty that obama will sign about the guns and the internet will take care of us.
FYI

Johnson City, TN

#270 Feb 19, 2013
israeloverofg wrote:
<quoted text>We should really trust a professor.WHAHAHAHHA.Oh in march the UN treaty that obama will sign about the guns and the internet will take care of us.
If you wondered why #LiberalTips2AvoidRape was trending on Twitter, wonder no more. It's because of some inadvisable remarks about rape and firearms made by Democratic Rep. Joe Salazar, who's been shredded on the right-wing blogosphere as the liberal answer to Todd Akin.

In a House debate over concealed carry on campuses, Salazar attempted to make the point that women on campus risk shooting the wrong person if they're armed and fear being raped:

It's why we have call boxes, it's why we have safe zones, it's why we have the whistles. Because you just don't know who you're gonna be shooting at. And you don't know if you feel like you're gonna be raped, or if you feel like someone's been following you around or if you feel like you're in trouble when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop...pop around at somebody
israeloverofg

Johnson City, TN

#271 Feb 19, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
If you wondered why #LiberalTips2AvoidRape was trending on Twitter, wonder no more. It's because of some inadvisable remarks about rape and firearms made by Democratic Rep. Joe Salazar, who's been shredded on the right-wing blogosphere as the liberal answer to Todd Akin.
In a House debate over concealed carry on campuses, Salazar attempted to make the point that women on campus risk shooting the wrong person if they're armed and fear being raped:
It's why we have call boxes, it's why we have safe zones, it's why we have the whistles. Because you just don't know who you're gonna be shooting at. And you don't know if you feel like you're gonna be raped, or if you feel like someone's been following you around or if you feel like you're in trouble when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop...pop around at somebody
FYI ....you are exactly right. We want firearms and concealed carry on and off campus.
We want our children guarded with ARMED guards at public re-education camps aka public school.
All the shootings take place in no gun zones. I mean it is soooo ignorant to say we do not need protection. I came face to face with a man yesterday that would have threatened me, but you know ....he thought twice. He didn't know FOR SURE if I was packin' or not. So the ole' boy stood down and cowd down. Ha. That's what the 2nd amendment is all about.
reality chek

Nashville, TN

#272 Feb 20, 2013
cnut jobs seem to pop out of the woodowrk and shootup schools and malls. sure, you have crimes other than this. but there IS an issue in out schools, with our youth, with guns.

punishing adults for these actions is reactive and will not solve the problem.

ignoring mental illness and the dynamic that causes kids to get and use guns wont sole this issue.

if crazed nuts still exist after they bans guns, they will devise new ways to kill our kids at school or the mall.

crimes like home invasions will jump.

suicide bombers dont need guns anyway.....
50BMG

Kingsport, TN

#273 Mar 18, 2013
Big Earl wrote:
The 2nd amendment was written back in the 1700s. Will your car work after 200 years, i doubt it. It is a dumb ass amendment now. If a person wants to keep a gun at home for protection thas fine, but when that start carrying a gun to go the movies or the mall, just keep their chicken shit ass at home. Most of the NRA are people who got their asses kicked as a kid and now look as a gun as a way stopping it. Try keeping your mouth shut and stay out of peoples business and it wont happen
Just wanted to say, you are a very stupid man/woman.

Tell me, when Obama makes a quick right or left turn does it hurt your nose?
50BMG

Kingsport, TN

#274 Mar 18, 2013
Blank wrote:
<quoted text>It is odd that you quote Jefferson...Jefferson worte that "there is an implied separation of church and state in Constitution, he call the (s0-called) "apostle" Paul a "corrupter of the teachings of Jesus," and even wrote his own type of Bible which excluded any reference to miracles by Jesus or Jesus being a divine entity, which he thought silly!You are just cherrypicking the founding fathers which is what many American-Taliban wannabe's (aka "Evangelicals") do! And before i get slammed, i AM a person of spirituality, of the Unitarian faith!
Unitarian? So basically you are too big of a coward to pick a single faith?
rhodes

Union, SC

#275 Mar 19, 2013
People around here are dumb. Several other .countries bannewd guns a long time ago and now they have less than 50 homicides per year by guns.home invasions and violent crimes dropped dramatically because cowardly criminals that needed guns to rob people didn't have weapons they felt would get the job done. They're too afraid to get in close with knives. Also their populace still hasn't been rounded up and put into work camps by their govts so far. Guns are used for killing and that's it. We should have melted them all down a long time ago. Case closed.
Lel

Bristol, VA

#276 Mar 19, 2013
I'm sorry, all I heard was:*fart fart fart wheeze cough fart fart fart I dunno what in hell I'm talking about fart fart fart fart fart*

Must have been the wrong attempting to communicate...something.
rhodes

Union, SC

#277 Mar 19, 2013
Lel wrote:
I'm sorry, all I heard was:*fart fart fart wheeze cough fart fart fart I dunno what in hell I'm talking about fart fart fart fart fart*
Must have been the wrong attempting to communicate...something.
Fart jokes? Really? I thought at least one person wod use the knee jerk reaction "well if you like other countries so much then leave! Commie! I HATE OBAMA!!!!" Or something. But fart jokes are actually a welcome repose for me. Fart jokes are an all time high for you people. Thank you friend.
50BMG

Kingsport, TN

#278 Mar 19, 2013
rhodes wrote:
People around here are dumb. Several other .countries bannewd guns a long time ago and now they have less than 50 homicides per year by guns.home invasions and violent crimes dropped dramatically because cowardly criminals that needed guns to rob people didn't have weapons they felt would get the job done. They're too afraid to get in close with knives. Also their populace still hasn't been rounded up and put into work camps by their govts so far. Guns are used for killing and that's it. We should have melted them all down a long time ago. Case closed.
A student of history, you are not.

Hitler
The Soviet Union
China
South America

History is full of government gun grabs, each followed by mass killing of the citizens by the government.

A gun clearly is no more than an inanimate object. Of itself, it is nothing and can do no harm.

Same as a car. More people die in drunk driving wrecks than guns. Many many more. Ban cars?

Same as a fork. More people die from obesity than from guns. Ban forks? Spoons?

One thing each of the above has in common is each require something to become harmful.

A human being. Perhaps you want to ban humans as well?

Go smoke some more pot you liberal hippie. Speak your mind, as it's your 1st amendment right. I equally have the 2nd amendment right to have an AK-47, 45acp, 22lr, 50BMG etc etc etc.

You have the right to spout stupid statements. I have the right to carry.

Regards.
Lel

Bristol, VA

#279 Mar 19, 2013
Sorry I am for you. Poorly developed your trolling skills are. Again you try when brain you have. Better it is for your butt to speak. Similar sense your farts do make.
Lel

Bristol, VA

#280 Mar 19, 2013
Fun fact:

"DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) has contracted with Lockheed Martin to develop the EXACTO program, including .50-caliber bullets complete with microprocessors and steering vanes that allow the bullet to adjust its trajectory mid-flight to stay on target when the flight path has been altered by uncontrollable variables, as well as weapons that fire these rounds and monitor their flight. The weapon system is expected to be available in 2015."

I'll take two!

And I HATE OBAMA!
Blank

Wise, VA

#281 Mar 20, 2013
50BMG wrote:
<quoted text>
Unitarian? So basically you are too big of a coward to pick a single faith?
No...Unitarian IS a faith. Too bad you not very knowledgeable on religion.

Since: Oct 12

Johnson City, TN

#282 Mar 20, 2013
Blank wrote:
<quoted text>No...Unitarian IS a faith. Too bad you not very knowledgeable on religion.
NO Unitarian is not of GOD ALMIGHT/JESUS.
Blank

Wise, VA

#283 Mar 20, 2013
israeloverofg wrote:
<quoted text>NO Unitarian is not of GOD ALMIGHT/JESUS.
Please do more research before you criticize another's beliefs. Unitarian is indeed of GOD. Peace to you...
Blank

Wise, VA

#284 Mar 20, 2013
Info wrote:
Anything or an person affiliated with the hellhole known as UVA Wise should NOT be taken seriously!

Johnson City, TN

#285 Mar 29, 2013
50BMG wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wanted to say, you are a very stupid man/woman.
Tell me, when Obama makes a quick right or left turn does it hurt your nose?
Wahahahahahhahhah really. Only Jesus can change lives.

Johnson City, TN

#286 Mar 29, 2013
Blank wrote:
<quoted text>Please do more research before you criticize another's beliefs. Unitarian is indeed of GOD. Peace to you...
Unitarians are confused.

Johnson City, TN

#287 Mar 29, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
No I wasn't wondering. Obama will sign a UN gun treaty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kingsport new mayor 27 min pancake 5
reputation of pain clinic in kpt 1 hr doc8404 1
Allendale Mcdonalds (Dec '13) 1 hr Leonard 9
help!!! 11 hr unbelievable 10
Heritage Glass, Kingsport 13 hr Larry 6
Another Buck bagged for Buggering Babies. 21 hr Allen 1
The myth of the abused slave. Thu Sir Lynchalot 3
More from around the web

Kingsport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE