First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WatchMan

Mount Juliet, TN

#1 Apr 23, 2013
Is there anybody else in the Kingsport area that watches Pastor Arnold Murray from the Sheperd's Chapel ? Looking to get a bible study group going, I cant find a local church that teaches the truth. Every church I have been to teaches the rapture theory and other crazy things, just want some normal people to study with.
well

Nashville, TN

#2 Apr 24, 2013
isnt the raputre mentioned in the Bible? what is it you are looking for if not sometings that are n the Bible? is it a different version you read? what are the tenets you are looking for?
WatchMan wrote:
Is there anybody else in the Kingsport area that watches Pastor Arnold Murray from the Sheperd's Chapel ? Looking to get a bible study group going, I cant find a local church that teaches the truth. Every church I have been to teaches the rapture theory and other crazy things, just want some normal people to study with.
i know

Patrick Springs, VA

#3 Apr 24, 2013
the rapture is a bunch of horse crap, very new to Christianity, for the hicks mostly
WatchMan

Mount Juliet, TN

#4 Apr 24, 2013
About the Rapture - yes, Jesus will come back and all those who believe will be caught up but this rapture will happen AFTER the 7 year tribulation - NOT before! Jesus lived on earth - the first coming. Jesus will come again after the tribulation - the second coming. If he came before the tribulation in a Rapture then came again after the tribulation, that would be a third coming which is not Biblical. Also, the Old Testament has countless parallels to the new testament. I believe God's deliverance of the Jews out of Egypt is representative of when He will deliver us from this world. That being said, when God sent the plagues over Egypt, were the Jews still in Egypt? YES! He delivered them THROUGH tribulation, not FROM tribulation. We will absolutely endure the tribulation and God will be glorified by delivering us through the mess. If we aren't here, how can God be glorified? The word rapture is found nowhere in the bible, I only read the King James version.
Wow

Kingsport, TN

#5 Apr 25, 2013
Hahahahahahaha! Roflmao! Total $ullshi!
master chowder

Washington, DC

#6 Apr 25, 2013
Okay so I am not really the biggest fan of Jews. BUT I do realize that Jews are an important part of God's plan for whatever reason, and Jews are especially significant with consideration to the rapture. If you and me, but especially me, want to get into heaven, then America needs to support Israel because the welfare of the Jews is critical to God's plan.

Right now the Muslims have made the destruction of Israel their number 1 objective. We need to be supporting Israel no matter what the Israelis do. This is in the best interest of not only Israel, but Christians like you and me, but mostly me.

In order to get where you are going you first have to set objectives. Heaven is that objective. Heaven no matter the cost. Support Israel no matter the cost.
Truth

Mount Juliet, TN

#7 Apr 25, 2013
Watch and learn the truth !!!
&fe ature=player_detailpage
shebazz

Monroe, NC

#8 Apr 26, 2013
Ok here's my problem with molst churches around here. Hold on because this may be long. Please bear with me.

The bible was written centuries ago in a part of the world most of us have never been to. It was also written in aramaic then greek then then english (at least todays version). The bible several times make allusions to places people and situations that, unless you are at least an amateur historian at the time, you have no idea what they are talking about. The whole eye of the needle and camel thing? Sounds like rich people aren't going to heaven right? But thyats not what that means at all. This kind of thing happens all through the bible. Here's another one. Ever story and book of the bible has several SEVERAL lessons to be learned, but if you're some country bumpkin who learned how to preach from his daddy then you don't know to look further into the bible to look for thos moral truths and hidden meanings that make reading the bible to rewarding. If more preachers were educated on the bible then the church would be gay friendly, we would be more tolerant, we would welcome people of other religions to worship with us and we wouldn't be such loudmouth right wingers. I can't go to church around here because my world and religious views make me a person that they want to pray for. And don't give me garbage about how people can ne inspired by the holy spirit because those are very very rare cases so there's no way every church has a bonafide prophet.
Alex Jones best friend

Maryville, TN

#9 Apr 27, 2013
shebazz wrote:
Ok here's my problem with molst churches around here. Hold on because this may be long. Please bear with me.
The bible was written centuries ago in a part of the world most of us have never been to. It was also written in aramaic then greek then then english (at least todays version). The bible several times make allusions to places people and situations that, unless you are at least an amateur historian at the time, you have no idea what they are talking about. The whole eye of the needle and camel thing? Sounds like rich people aren't going to heaven right? But thyats not what that means at all. This kind of thing happens all through the bible. Here's another one. Ever story and book of the bible has several SEVERAL lessons to be learned, but if you're some country bumpkin who learned how to preach from his daddy then you don't know to look further into the bible to look for thos moral truths and hidden meanings that make reading the bible to rewarding. If more preachers were educated on the bible then the church would be gay friendly, we would be more tolerant, we would welcome people of other religions to worship with us and we wouldn't be such loudmouth right wingers. I can't go to church around here because my world and religious views make me a person that they want to pray for. And don't give me garbage about how people can ne inspired by the holy spirit because those are very very rare cases so there's no way every church has a bonafide prophet.
Do you know what would be even worse than being a gay kid surrounded by evangelicals?

Being a kid in the Bible Belt, being surrounded by Baptists, and you are being raised by your parents as a Seventh Day Adventist.

Not only would you have to go to church on Saturdays, but you would basically have to suffer through two days worth of God.

Go ahead and kill me now. Please.
well

Nashville, TN

#10 Apr 27, 2013
great breakdown shebazz.
politics seemed to have hijacked all the "holy books" and the "prophets" etc.

as for watchman. i asked a simple question and got the clueless bulb. i dont understand why. a response would have clarified my question because later you broke it down. so who gave me the clueless judging and why? i asked what watchman was looking for and he clarified his rapture comment.

one question-not even a controversial one just one asking what he was looking for and what bible he reads and already some judgement? thats how this religion stuff goes.

i think that what makes it a slippery slope. next thing you know, it becomes violatile.

if i ask another will i get suicide bombed??
shebazz wrote:
well

Nashville, TN

#11 Apr 27, 2013
master chowder i think thats why there is so much backlash against israel. because the muslims call those in Israel Zionists. basically saying they arent jews practising judiasm but rather people who are an extension of the chrisitan crusades.

this is a double edged sword becasue Catholcs engaged in the crusades NOT protestants and we protestants get lumped in with the "Zionist charge" which really belongs to catholcism.
so, its hard to keep using that argument. i think it works against Israel. for me Zionism is really a democracy rather than a theocracy.

islam doesnt want an Israel of any kind but most of all they dont want a democracy in that area.

they want more of a theocratic rule without freedoms that women enjoy, and all the other things that come with western ideals.
they use the Zionist argument to rebuff democracy. this is what we need to unveil and create a dialogue about. if we take away the islam vs Christian Zionism (an extension of the Crusades in their minds) then we will have Islam on its heels about issues like womens rights, non violence and so on that will upset the usual rhetoric they have been spewing for decades.

just my take on it.
thanks
master chowder wrote:
Okay so I am not really the biggest fan of Jews. BUT I do realize that Jews are an important part of God's plan for whatever reason, and Jews are especially significant with consideration to the rapture. If you and me, but especially me, want to get into heaven, then America needs to support Israel because the welfare of the Jews is critical to God's plan.
Right now the Muslims have made the destruction of Israel their number 1 objective. We need to be supporting Israel no matter what the Israelis do. This is in the best interest of not only Israel, but Christians like you and me, but mostly me.
In order to get where you are going you first have to set objectives. Heaven is that objective. Heaven no matter the cost. Support Israel no matter the cost.
Keeping it Real

Mount Juliet, TN

#13 May 5, 2013
Pastor Arnold Murray is the man !!!
Sparticus

Chicago, IL

#14 May 6, 2013
master chowder wrote:
was jesus not a jew? the KING of jews???
Pastor Murray

Kingsport, TN

#15 May 7, 2013
I watch pastor Murray and so does my whole family... We travel to MO for Passover and ur right there is no churches in kspt...their all baptist...their all flying away and their all pork eaters ...
So ur not the only one who studies him in kspt :))
WatchMan

Mount Juliet, TN

#16 May 7, 2013
Pastor Murray wrote:
I watch pastor Murray and so does my whole family... We travel to MO for Passover and ur right there is no churches in kspt...their all baptist...their all flying away and their all pork eaters ...
So ur not the only one who studies him in kspt :))
Hello,
Glad to hear from you, I seen some videos on youtube of Pastor Murray in MO for Passover. They have taken a lot of his videos off youtube, I have never seen him in person. I have learned so much truth from Pastor Murray and Dennis, I feel so blessed to have found the Shepherd's Chapel. Do you know of any local places for fellowship, my wife and I been looking for around two years and had have no luck. Thinking about starting a bible study group, please contact me at higs8@yahoo.com . Thanks for writing me and really hope to hear back from you !
Goddmann

Kingsport, TN

#17 May 11, 2013
Religion is nothing but trouble and a total waste if time why drive away to pray when you can actually help real people? The ruination of the world is based in religion if only that energy was put into something that was actually real! It's all a big story that people want to believe although they really don't. That's why they're always shoving it up each others butt is cause they think strength in numbers- when they really don't even believe it theirselves. Why are cods servants raping so many little boys? Should cod not be doing something about that? Why does he not intervene? Better yet if he knows all and moon stars bla bla bla why does he make his servants rape boys and be sex fiends in general?
david

Rock Hill, SC

#18 May 11, 2013
Goddmann wrote:
Religion is nothing but trouble and a total waste if time why drive away to pray when you can actually help real people? The ruination of the world is based in religion if only that energy was put into something that was actually real! It's all a big story that people want to believe although they really don't. That's why they're always shoving it up each others butt is cause they think strength in numbers- when they really don't even believe it theirselves. Why are cods servants raping so many little boys? Should cod not be doing something about that? Why does he not intervene? Better yet if he knows all and moon stars bla bla bla why does he make his servants rape boys and be sex fiends in general?
Cause we are all sinners
Gonjo

United States

#19 May 13, 2013
Rapture is bunk and a creation of satan.......going ti be alot of pissed off foljs when it doesnt happen......
Anonymous

Johnson City, TN

#20 May 14, 2013
Watchman: be your own pastor. Make your own study group, and inspire others. Then, when the crowd is big enough, become tax exempt ;)
matt meriden ct

East Providence, RI

#21 Saturday Apr 11
LORD JESUS was not a jew, have you never read numbers ch.24:17, i see him but not now, i behold him but not near.A Star will come out of jacob, a scepter will rise out of israel.Matthew ch.1:23, So it was fulfilled what was said of the prophets, that would be called a NAZARENE, Jesus came from galilee, not judah.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Miranda Woods 5 hr justasking 1
recovery associates 18 hr All for Profit 17
Faith Taylor ? (Jun '13) 23 hr 31B A795 elite 23
kingsport sucks too many fat people there. (Dec '11) Sun ByeBye 62
Home wrecker... Sun Truest words 7
kirby the best vac in the hold world Sun dirt farmer 8
mark dockery Sun tenileakers 12
More from around the web

Kingsport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE