Posted in the Kingsport Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Read All About It !”

Since: Apr 08

Rogersville

#1 Feb 24, 2009
Has anyone gotten their car painted out at McConnell's paint & body ? I have heard some pretty horrific stories about how this place isn't any good. Just wondering how accurate those reports are.

It's a cheap price for a paint job that's for sure.
KingsportMOM

Knoxville, TN

#2 Feb 24, 2009
Easy Answer:
You get what you pay for.
If you dont care for some mess ups then take to bill were "we make bodies beautiful"
personaly wouldnt take a vehicle to him inless ij ust couldnt afford a good one elswere
traveler

Elkton, VA

#3 Feb 24, 2009
There isn't a chance in Hades that I'd take a vehicle there! If you want great reliable paint work, Volunteer Collision in Mount Carmel is excellent. Have had a couple of jobs done there and the results have been perfect both times.
DO NOT USE McCONNELL

Bristol, VA

#5 Mar 3, 2009
Do not have your car painted there. I made that mistake and within a few months paint was chipping off. He would not back his warranty and would not fix the paint job. Check his record with BBB. I would not let him help my little child paint a toy car let alone my car.
not a judge of others

Ringgold, GA

#6 Mar 23, 2009
I am ashamed to admit I took my car there to be painted. It will be my last one too.
old benz

United States

#7 Mar 23, 2009
i had an older benz painted there and he did a decent job. There was a lot of overspray and I saw some toothless man shaking a can of spray paint. I was nervous at first, but all in all it was good enough to sell to some sucker.
joe

Ringgold, GA

#8 May 3, 2009
they are all true 100%
oregn

United States

#9 May 3, 2009
What has kept him in business all these years, what he has had success with, is most likely doing one-time jobs for cheapskates. You can't blame that on him. In terms of a successful, money-making American small-business entrepreneur, I think he has an *excellent* business model because there will never be a shortage of cheapskates walking in the door.
Jasamine Williams

Johnson City, TN

#10 Apr 22, 2010
The paint job my car experienced was tranquil. I loved it!! I feel new and different that my car had a face lift. My advice to the readers DON'T BELIEVE what people write most of the time the problem is TIME obviously you have too much. get a life or a new hobby.

Jasamine Williams
u gotta be kidding

Nashville, TN

#11 Apr 22, 2010
if some dont like the quality the they can write about it. i dont see how its evidence of too much time to write few lines about it.

maybe everyones experience wasnt the same as yours. maybe you wouldnt know a good paint job if it bit you on the ass.

get a hobby? for writing about their experiences>

just doesnt seem to apply here.
Jasamine Williams wrote:
The paint job my car experienced was tranquil. I loved it!! I feel new and different that my car had a face lift. My advice to the readers DON'T BELIEVE what people write most of the time the problem is TIME obviously you have too much. get a life or a new hobby.
Jasamine Williams
Rhonda

Nashville, TN

#12 Jun 6, 2010
I loved my paint job. This paint job has been with me for 5 years now and still no problems. You have to let it cure in a garage for about a week after the paint job or have it baked on and clear coated. No problems here!
NOTAFANOFYOURS

North Tazewell, VA

#13 Jun 13, 2010
I have had several painted there, the only problem i ever has was overspray on a window, my truck was painted there in 1997 and it stil looks great (except for some gravel chips).
NO NAME

United States

#14 Jun 28, 2010
my husband had his work truck painted at this place. it looked like sh!t on a white rag. if you care about what your ride looks like, don't take it here.
NO NAME

United States

#15 Jun 28, 2010
Jasamine Williams wrote:
Jasamine Williams
it appears you have a little bit of TIME on your hands as well. who asked for your advice? everyone on this forum is entitled to their own opinion based on their experience with this business.
Not Fooled

Knoxville, TN

#16 Jun 29, 2010
NO NAME wrote:
<quoted text>
it appears you have a little bit of TIME on your hands as well. who asked for your advice? everyone on this forum is entitled to their own opinion based on their experience with this business.
Have you even spent any money with Bill ???
NO NAME

United States

#17 Jun 29, 2010
Not Fooled wrote:
<quoted text>Have you even spent any money with Bill ???
if you will look two comments ago, you will read i HAVE spent money at this establishment.
Not Fooled

Knoxville, TN

#18 Jun 29, 2010
NO NAME wrote:
<quoted text>
if you will look two comments ago, you will read i HAVE spent money at this establishment.
If You have had a bad experience and spent Money with Bill you should have taken it back to him ,surley he would make it right.I have had several vechiles painted there[over 10]some are over 8 years ago and the paint is still fairley decent I have no complants.

Since: Jul 10

Johnson City, TN

#19 Jul 30, 2010
the paint jobs are good if you want to sell your car right after you get it done.
Tennessee Girl

Johnson City, TN

#20 Jul 30, 2010
Dont do it, your car will start chipping. You get what you pay for
UT Foosball

Waterloo, Canada

#21 Aug 12, 2010
Use some sense! You get what you pay for. TIP: After you have your car painted there, don't drive off to fast or else your paint will STREAK
going down Stone Drive!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The obsession continues to be Johny Ringo 7 hr South High Trust ... 6
Their was a little weirdo at South High School 7 hr South High Trust ... 7
Hobbs has completely lost it 9 hr Born on Watauga S... 3
Adulation BINGO 10 hr Johny Ringo 1
I have an admirer - the obsession continues 11 hr Johny Ringo 6
Poll Most missed Tri-City stores of yesterday 14 hr hobbs 17
Johny - waithing to hear about Wade Hampton Cou... 14 hr hobbs 6

Kingsport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance