people from outta town
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
greg

Johnson City, TN

#1 Mar 30, 2013
why do people from out of town come to the tri cities & try to change stuff??
Because

Cleveland, TN

#2 Mar 30, 2013
Maybe because they can? What are you going to do about it? Not a da*n thing.
Do what

Columbia, TN

#3 Mar 31, 2013
Define "stuff'. And are those people visitors, town officials or what?
Larry

Ringgold, GA

#4 Mar 31, 2013
Because the greedy, scum sucking, money grubbing, bottom feeding, city leaders sell us out with their "Move to Kingsport!" and "Visit Kingsport" bullsh!7.

THAT'S why. The rest of us get to enjoy the ever increasing smog and traffic and snotty out-of-towners. Thank you, greedy, scum sucking, money grubbing, bottom feeding, city leaders. Now go to hell, go straight to hell, do not pass go, do not collect red light camera fines.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5 Apr 2, 2013
Larry wrote:
Because the greedy, scum sucking, money grubbing, bottom feeding, city leaders sell us out with their "Move to Kingsport!" and "Visit Kingsport" bullsh!7.
THAT'S why. The rest of us get to enjoy the ever increasing smog and traffic and snotty out-of-towners. Thank you, greedy, scum sucking, money grubbing, bottom feeding, city leaders. Now go to hell, go straight to hell, do not pass go, do not collect red light camera fines.
Larry, you must be on the welcome to Kingsport committee. But actually you sound like a stupid inbred hillbilly who doesn't realize that if a city is to survive, it must grow.
Larry

Ringgold, GA

#6 Apr 2, 2013
Joefoxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Larry, you must be on the welcome to Kingsport committee. But actually you sound like a stupid inbred hillbilly who doesn't realize that if a city is to survive, it must grow.
Stupid inbred hillbilly? What's the matter joey - ashamed of your heritage? On the other hand, you sound more like those snotty out of towners who like to come here and point and laugh. I guess you got the reaction you were looking for.

By the way, as a city grows, so does the infrastructure to support that growth...but that would mean spending money instead of duping wealthy out of towners to move to our ohhhh so great city.
The Philanthrophist

Kingsport, TN

#7 Apr 2, 2013
I am driving cross country looking for a nice town to which I can bequeath a sum of $10 million. I stopped in Kingsport to refuel and to check the out the place while I was here. I liked what I saw. However, I checked Kingsport out on Topix and was thoroughly disgusted with what I encountered. What a bunch of backwoods boobs you people are. To hell with the whole lot of you. As far as I'm concerned, all of you can F.O.
Joefoxx

Saint Petersburg, FL

#8 Apr 2, 2013
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid inbred hillbilly? What's the matter joey - ashamed of your heritage? On the other hand, you sound more like those snotty out of towners who like to come here and point and laugh. I guess you got the reaction you were looking for.
By the way, as a city grows, so does the infrastructure to support that growth...but that would mean spending money instead of duping wealthy out of towners to move to our ohhhh so great city.
Not sure what you were trying to say in your last paragraph. I think you were trying to say "as the city grows so does the NEED for infrastucture to support that growth. Infrastructure doesn't grow as the city grows, but the demand does. What would mean spending more money? Infrastucture demand or growth? Do the out of towners need infrastructure at a higher level that current residents? Are the wealthy out of towners causing a problem for yu?
Larry

Ringgold, GA

#9 Apr 2, 2013
You seem rather confused. Is there something about not having an appreciation for snotty out of towners calling us stupid inbred hillbillies that have been duped into coming here by our short sighted city leaders instead of emphasizing the retention our own local people you do not understand? I'm sorry...was that sentence too long?

To "The Philanthrophist" - first of all, bull$h!t on the screen name. Secondly...well I'll just stick with bull$h!t.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#10 Apr 2, 2013
Larry wrote:
You seem rather confused. Is there something about not having an appreciation for snotty out of towners calling us stupid inbred hillbillies that have been duped into coming here by our short sighted city leaders instead of emphasizing the retention our own local people you do not understand? I'm sorry...was that sentence too long?
To "The Philanthrophist" - first of all, bull$h!t on the screen name. Secondly...well I'll just stick with bull$h!t.
Oh to the contar, my friend Larry. You are the one that seem very disoriented (was that word to big)? Actually you should be glad to run off some of your homegrown inbreeds, and replace them with educated intellectuals who can bring Kingsport out of the dark ages.
the model city

Nashville, TN

#11 Apr 2, 2013
JoeFoxx you are right but dont be too hard on Larry. you gotta remember that KPT was set up by developers decades ago to be the "Model City" ha! you see how that worked out.

When it was decided to do this railroads were the main conveyance for industry. interstates did not exist and when the interstate went up too far away from KPT. other cities had that advantage.

but there's more..
when KPT was set up as the model city im sure land was cheap even for those times. and developers do what they always done-buy it up develop it and try to lure business here. they set up a town "grid" and for a time the model city thrived.

however this was decades ago and alot of dynamics were overlooked.
the typical local was like Larry. the "heritage" he speaks of is really the reality of the locals that lived here pre-"Model City" for generations.

they were and are tennessee jeds. picture snuffy smith the comic strip character if you will. now this isnt exactly meant to be an insult, mind you. its just that the locals were in fact hillbillys.

think of lyrics to songs like "long haired country boy" and "a country boy can survive". thats what is glorified here because that was the simple life these folks had.

to them makin a livin consisted of runnin shine, growin weed, bein a shade tree mechanic, a little carpentry for cash under the table, avoiding the tax man and the revenuers.
it really was like that. i met lots of these folks when i lived there.
when the model city spring up it was a culture attack for them and a challenge for the new citizens to cope with.

not much changes that mindset. its kinds like why development runs from the encroaching ghettos.

and like the ghettos, in the hillbilly world they have their crime, their teen pregnancy and even their churches. they are unapologetic and still behave as if time hasnt moved forward.

so now that the lure in KPT is affordable living for retirees from the north or for the wealthy to escape the big city and have cheap living to stretch their dollar further, it always caters to something else other than the locals like Larry.

its 2013. KPT doesnt have many options. so, Larry is stuck with the route KPT must take. and Larry is still livin that traditional mindset from yesteryear.
Joefoxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Larry, you must be on the welcome to Kingsport committee. But actually you sound like a stupid inbred hillbilly who doesn't realize that if a city is to survive, it must grow.
the model city

Nashville, TN

#12 Apr 2, 2013
i didnt mean to leave out that these hillbilly people were also coal miners and the river system was the main conveyance even before the railroads. this was another part of that old culture that has folks still living -in part- along those simple old time thought processes. evolution is for the modern world, not for alot who live in the city of KPT.
it could be a dead town in another 30 years. my father was from a small town that once thrived on cotton farming for over a century. its a dead town now. you can see some of those towns not far from KPT. head on up to SWVA and see some of those once coal boom towns. little progess but lots of old time hillbillies left holding the mantle of what once was..... KPT is kind of like that-not totally. will the city leaders actually be able to maintain kpt in a viable manner or will it become a desolate place in a few decades? will everyone and everything end up in or become part of "new johnson city"? its hard to say.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#13 Apr 3, 2013
the model city wrote:
i didnt mean to leave out that these hillbilly people were also coal miners and the river system was the main conveyance even before the railroads. this was another part of that old culture that has folks still living -in part- along those simple old time thought processes. evolution is for the modern world, not for alot who live in the city of KPT.
it could be a dead town in another 30 years. my father was from a small town that once thrived on cotton farming for over a century. its a dead town now. you can see some of those towns not far from KPT. head on up to SWVA and see some of those once coal boom towns. little progess but lots of old time hillbillies left holding the mantle of what once was..... KPT is kind of like that-not totally. will the city leaders actually be able to maintain kpt in a viable manner or will it become a desolate place in a few decades? will everyone and everything end up in or become part of "new johnson city"? its hard to say.
I moved away from Kingsport in 1982. I come back 2-3 times a year. Had some time to kill last weekend before attending a funeral. I drove thru downtown and all I saw were junk stores. What happened to downtown? It was very depressing. I went to lunch at Cheddar's and three fourths of the men had ballcaps on while eating, what's that about.....don't mind saying I am from there. I guess we can blame the destruction of small towns on Walmart LOL!
the model city

Nashville, TN

#14 Apr 3, 2013
yeah its depressing everytime i venture back that way. KPT cant sustain the population it has without SSI and disability. it would be a good biker town. but without more progress its gonna be a senior citizen town with the youth preying on them.
Larry

Ringgold, GA

#15 Apr 4, 2013
Wow at the preconceived notions of who and what I am based on my notion of "out of towners" turning their nose up at us. Sorry if I didn't thank you properly for your insults and the prospect of attracting more people like you. I must be good ole Snuffy Smith hissef.

The very attitudes displayed here is why we can't stand "out of towners". And judging from ballcaps in Cheddars??? Yeah, that's pretty much suggests the intelligence level I realize I'm dealing with. How dare them stupid inbred hillbillies wear ballcaps in Cheddars. Name calling with the stereotypical "Stupid inbred hillbilly" and you think I'M backwards. Have you actually graduated from a high school?

Our city leaders are sellouts. Instead of providing a system that retains our own people, we get to endure people like you. And slowly our roads get crammed with people just like you. So you will forgive me if I don't give you a hug and shower you with love. But you're kind of a stupid inbred..."outta towner" who obviously looks down on the people here. And that's why we don't want people like you here. Surprise.
Dylan

Lexington, SC

#16 Apr 5, 2013
We need to get rid of them Yankees! They're the problem! They come to the south cause its nice then try to change the culture to how it fits them they're snobby and annoying as hell thinking they're better than us!! Go to hell yankees

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17 Apr 5, 2013
Larry wrote:
Wow at the preconceived notions of who and what I am based on my notion of "out of towners" turning their nose up at us. Sorry if I didn't thank you properly for your insults and the prospect of attracting more people like you. I must be good ole Snuffy Smith hissef.
The very attitudes displayed here is why we can't stand "out of towners". And judging from ballcaps in Cheddars??? Yeah, that's pretty much suggests the intelligence level I realize I'm dealing with. How dare them stupid inbred hillbillies wear ballcaps in Cheddars. Name calling with the stereotypical "Stupid inbred hillbilly" and you think I'M backwards. Have you actually graduated from a high school?
Our city leaders are sellouts. Instead of providing a system that retains our own people, we get to endure people like you. And slowly our roads get crammed with people just like you. So you will forgive me if I don't give you a hug and shower you with love. But you're kind of a stupid inbred..."outta towner" who obviously looks down on the people here. And that's why we don't want people like you here. Surprise.
Larry, first of all I graduated from Dobyns-Bennett, and have a masters degree from Vanderbilt. So Larry, I do have decent education, mind you now not Harvard or Princeton but probably at least on par with you. It's entertaining to me that you cannot equivocate ball caps in Cheddar's with a lack of etiquette and education but Larry that really explains to me what a social illiterate I am replying to. Most of the time people look down there noses at you for a reason. Jeff Foxworthy has made millions drawing attention to the actions and traditions people like yourself, Larry. Kingsport has changed over the last thirty years from being a thriving industrial town. Many educated people moved in to manage the cheap hillbilly labor that was available in "them thar hills". It seems to me the educated have either died off, and their offspring have chosen to live elsewhere leaving the culture to return to people like you Larry and those like you. Now have the city leaders really sold you out or are they trying to keep the region from being the butt of another Foxworthy joke.....I like the one about "if your house trailer blows up"...does that hit home with you , Larry?
Larry

Ringgold, GA

#18 Apr 5, 2013
Oh it's come to appendage comparisons I see. "My qualifications for being better than you are blah blah blah blah"....except for the concept of paragraphs of course.

What happened Joe? They kick you out of town because of the superiority complex you display in real life? Can't sleep at night unless you're putting someone else down? We all know someone from our area could have PHD and be put in a room with the stupidest inbred coal bucket from say, Ohio, and people would think the one from Ohio is smarter.

Our "stupid inbred hillbilly" accent, which you must no longer have, seems to make it easy for people who need to feel above someone else to come here and live. That pretty much explains it. Why else would you spend so much time and energy on a place you can't stand?

And so now to save face after making yourself sound like a real arsewipe, you turn to attempting a sympathy attitude for our poor, poor town that used to be so much more thirty years ago...oh a history reference too. What happened to us being "stupid inbred hillbillies", Joe? Oh wait - there it is...we don't rate a decent Jeff Foxworthy joke. Oh, woe is me. We are at the brink of a Jeff Foxworthy joke? We can't have that! Better take them thar straw hats off in the Cheddars people! Jeff Foxworthy's a watchin!

THAT'S the real stupidity. That's the true lack of respect that get us sold out by people like you AND our city leaders. You think you and the rest of those apparently "better" people deserve more respect than us? Then get the f*** on out and don't let the door hit you. You don't like us. Why bother with us? Oh, I almost forgot...superiority issues.

I would rather work on keeping our people here, showing THEM respect, giving them the jobs, giving them the education, the entrepreneurial spirit. Instead, most of them are subject to sellout jackasses like yourself who are obviously truly so blind and stupid, that you think the educated have "died off"??? How about we keep our culture and tradition and you and Jeff Foxworthy can go hang and make all the jokes you want. We don't give a turd from a rat's assular area.

Except that I am sooo sorry that someone standing up to you and putting the tiniest of doubts in that tiny brain that now you may or may NOT be better than us, keeps you awake at night. Go see your local psychiatrist, wackjob. And if you happen to be in our backwater town, I'm sure you'll be surprised that you can visit psychiatrists right here. That is if you can trust our "stupid inbred hillbilly" psychiatry or understand our "stupid inbred hillbilly" accents.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#19 Apr 5, 2013
Larry wrote:
Oh it's come to appendage comparisons I see. "My qualifications for being better than you are blah blah blah blah"....except for the concept of paragraphs of course.
What happened Joe? They kick you out of town because of the superiority complex you display in real life? Can't sleep at night unless you're putting someone else down? We all know someone from our area could have PHD and be put in a room with the stupidest inbred coal bucket from say, Ohio, and people would think the one from Ohio is smarter.
Our "stupid inbred hillbilly" accent, which you must no longer have, seems to make it easy for people who need to feel above someone else to come here and live. That pretty much explains it. Why else would you spend so much time and energy on a place you can't stand?
And so now to save face after making yourself sound like a real arsewipe, you turn to attempting a sympathy attitude for our poor, poor town that used to be so much more thirty years ago...oh a history reference too. What happened to us being "stupid inbred hillbillies", Joe? Oh wait - there it is...we don't rate a decent Jeff Foxworthy joke. Oh, woe is me. We are at the brink of a Jeff Foxworthy joke? We can't have that! Better take them thar straw hats off in the Cheddars people! Jeff Foxworthy's a watchin!
THAT'S the real stupidity. That's the true lack of respect that get us sold out by people like you AND our city leaders. You think you and the rest of those apparently "better" people deserve more respect than us? Then get the f*** on out and don't let the door hit you. You don't like us. Why bother with us? Oh, I almost forgot...superiority issues.
I would rather work on keeping our people here, showing THEM respect, giving them the jobs, giving them the education, the entrepreneurial spirit. Instead, most of them are subject to sellout jackasses like yourself who are obviously truly so blind and stupid, that you think the educated have "died off"??? How about we keep our culture and tradition and you and Jeff Foxworthy can go hang and make all the jokes you want. We don't give a turd from a rat's assular area.
Except that I am sooo sorry that someone standing up to you and putting the tiniest of doubts in that tiny brain that now you may or may NOT be better than us, keeps you awake at night. Go see your local psychiatrist, wackjob. And if you happen to be in our backwater town, I'm sure you'll be surprised that you can visit psychiatrists right here. That is if you can trust our "stupid inbred hillbilly" psychiatry or understand our "stupid inbred hillbilly" accents.
Larry, Larry, Larry, I hope you don't speak for the majority of the citizens of Kingsport, although I suspect you do. Your attitude of "we don't care about anyone's opinion of us" leads me to believe you are one of the problems not the solution. You seem to scream from the highest peak on Bays Mountain, "we are backwoods and we want to stay that way". Larry, you put no doubt in my mind, oh to the contrary, Larry, people like you only serve to reinforce what myself and a lot of America including Foxworthy thinks about you. Maybe your reading and comprehension skills need a slight bit of dusting off, Larry, I did get the f*** out. Larry your statement "give us jobs" tells me you have a entitlement complex which I am afraid is shared by many of your brethern you obviously have been annointed spokesman for. Larry, you never answered the question on how the city leaders had sold you out... kinda interested in that theory, especially from flummoxed person as yourself.
Larry

Ringgold, GA

#20 Apr 5, 2013
No one is claiming NOT to care about someone's opinion unless it happens to be some jackwagon like yourself who likes to think he's so above everyone else.

This is why I suggested psychiatric help my paragraphless fellow human being. You seem to fail at answering anything, just one, of the issues I sent your way, and yet you seem incapable of understanding my already-given explanation of how the city leaders have sold us out.

You DID get the f*** out? Oooook then. I guess that's where we can agree you're just some arrogant a$$hole who still comes to "our" town and puts us down just so you can feel better about yourself.

FROM this, we can thus conclude, that instead of being some backwoods, "stupid inbred hillbillies" with entitlement issues and nothing to do but complain about the "outta towners", it seems apparent that this thread and the complaint it represents actually has some real merit, since people like yourself seem bent on putting yourself above others. And what better place than Kingsport to do that, where we still have that hillbilly accent and those hillbilly traditions and that hillbilly culture? YES, we DO have issue with "outta towners" - THANKS for being a perfect example as to WHY. THAT. IS. Maybe you were from here but you ain't now. And you're one of the perfect examples of a fool and a sellout. Sleep effing well.

You sound like some ignorant youth who is ashamed and embarrassed of his past. News flash - as long as you come to our town, or a message board concerning it, you're still one of us - or at least putting forth an obvious effort to STILL be one of us. An azzhole, but still one of us.

You CLAIM to have left, but you're still very much here. Go ahead big guy. LEAVE. Really do it. Go away and don't come back - here or in the real world. I DARE you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trump 32 min erica and billy 6
going to take a crap then shovel driveway off 41 min rebel rouser 2
JJugs 49 min kale von peppers 4
Fake Ad cop 1 hr Cordell 6
ISO - Lawyer(s) 7 hr kale von peppers 6
Does anyone know Jacob Bowman? 7 hr kale von peppers 21
Pill mill shuts down 8 hr Broken hearted 15

Kingsport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kingsport Mortgages