Guess what

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

Kodak filled for Ch 11 bankruptcy......so you better start looking for a new job now rather than later.
Blank

Baxter, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

Best thing about Kingsport is that there are a lot of stores. Worst thing is the drivers there...turn signals and speed limits seem to be optional, and tailgating seems to be legal!
lives in kpt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

luvmybeetle wrote:
I lived in kingsport and hate it. Thats why I moved away. The people are rude and to tell you the truth they are nothing but drunks and drug users!!! Yea, most will say they are not but they are the ones that do it behind close doors!!!!The kids have no manners or morals that goes for the so called adults to.Kingsport is at the bottom of the barrel,thats why they have the Eastman there!!
This post makes me sad.... Really???? Everyone is drug users? Sounds like you surrounded yourself with a bad crowd....
kokoro

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Wow all these negative comments and positive ones... I'm not sure who to believe... I'm moving there in the next year and this thread is just making me scared to do so. I hope Eastman doesn't smell like you say it does and I hope that Dobbyns Bennet isn't as horrible as you make it out to be... Thanks for making me scared to move...
Citizens United

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Susan wrote:
Hi!
My husband may possibly transfer from Eastman Kodak up here in Western NY, to Eastman Chemical
in Kingsport, TN.
I'm looking for honest opinions of what it's like living there.
Thanks for any help!
Susan
90% of the churches are hate groups. But the good news is that the other 10% is not. It took 88 Sunday's in a row to find a church that wasn't totally biased against Christs teachings. Out of the three cities, Kport is #2 in economy. The politicians ate horrible hate and war mongers. REICHT WINGED NAZIS with no sense of fairness. ingots, really. There's less crime and two excellent DAs in Lewis Combs and a woman (her name escapes me). Not far from an airport. People are generally cordial, but you should know that some have NEVER left the mountains and New York is a bad land that they heard about in church. It might behoove you to buy a home based on who your neighbors are. Of not you might go weeks without an intelligible conversation. Schools are good, but under attack by the GOP, of course. If a kid breaks a window in this city, it is somehow twisted to end up being Obamas fault. You will be an hour away from Pigeon Forge a growing and wondrous mountain vacation area with world class entertainment. 95% of realtors are self-serving, 5% are not. Don't shop for a house. Shop for an agent and the location of that house. Hate and bigotry is rampant here. A democrat is outnumbered 5/1 and they have been known to do ANYTHING to you because of your views. Eastman puts out an odor that tolerable, obviously. If I weren't going to work at Eastman, I wouldn't come for anything else. Good luck
HOOTERVILLE HAINT

Gate City, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

I really doubt that anyone is reading this 5 year old topic very much. The original poster from NY. probably moved here back then and lost their spouse to some gay pardner sh!t, their children are probably in jail now or if they are female there knocked up by someone of a different race or a so called preacher from a local church has mollested and cobbed them in the a?? and they are now strung out on so many different kinds of drugs that they cant count them all and they themselfs are probably dieing with or have already died with cancer caused by the polluting factorys in and around kpt. KPT is a po-dunk little hillbilly town full of people who think they are real city dwellers. They look down on their neighbors just a few miles to the north as foreigners from another planet, so if you come here they damm sure wont accept you if they cant accept anyone across the state line in VA. There is nothing in this area but poverty, drugs, drunks ,ignorant a??holes, gays, race mixers, hate, greed, backstabbing, perverted freaks who will screw anything with a pulse including your grand mother, mother, wife, sister, child, or anything that will bend over. Thiefs that will steal you blind to get more money so they can buy drugs to sniff up their big hook noses or to buy alcohol to stay drunk on till their next crazy check comes in. GOTTA GO FOR NOW, ILL EDUCATE YOU MORE ON WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS PLACE AND ITS PEOPLE LATER. TATA
Yankee Doodle Dandee

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

I moved here from out west and have regretted it ever since. There is no diversity, everyone in the bars are druggy rednecks, and it smell like $#^+. The crime rate is very high and there are little to no careers to pursue. It is a bad place to raise a family.
The Prez

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Yankee Doodle Dandee wrote:
I moved here from out west and have regretted it ever since. There is no diversity, everyone in the bars are druggy rednecks, and it smell like $#^+. The crime rate is very high and there are little to no careers to pursue. It is a bad place to raise a family.
If all you have found are druggy rednecks in bars to associate with no wonder there are no careers to pursue.
Yankee Doodle Dandee

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

The Prez wrote:
<quoted text>
If all you have found are druggy rednecks in bars to associate with no wonder there are no careers to pursue.
I like to have a few drinks on the weekends. Everyone I meet out here is on meth even people I meet through work or at the grocery. Plus everyone is obese and out of shape, Kingsport was voted as 4 on top worst cities to live in 2008.
kmp

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Ex-Kingsporter wrote:
Some of these posts are hilarious. I detect a distinct odor of jealousy.
If you already live with a chemical smell, you can locate mear Eastman. If you dont like it( and it CANT be good for your health), live somehwere nearby and upwind. LOL.
Kspt typically wins the scholastic and sports awards/events and surrounding communities tend to dislike that.
Why did I leave? There were no jobs in my chosen profession(marine engineering) and I had to move to a more coastal area. When I retire, it will be to somewhere near Kspt in upper E. TN.
You will enjoy your move unless you are a 'damn Yankee'.
Cliff
i hate the word yankee!!!
kmp

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

kokoro wrote:
Wow all these negative comments and positive ones... I'm not sure who to believe... I'm moving there in the next year and this thread is just making me scared to do so. I hope Eastman doesn't smell like you say it does and I hope that Dobbyns Bennet isn't as horrible as you make it out to be... Thanks for making me scared to move...
when you smell eastman, it smells like film..
driving in, you smell the papermill, it does not always pour out smoke but smells bad when it does
Jane

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

13 reasons to stay put
1) The foul oders and pollution by Eastman and Domtar contributing to widespread cancer and other health issues. They have multiple spills per year that do not get reported locally.(Eastman controls local media)
2) Eastman runs the local government and expects employees to vote GOP
3) Traffic cams with mayor kickbacks, and short yellow light timing
4) Not walker or bicycle friendly (you will get yelled at/ honked/ threw stuff at), also contributes to local obese problem
5) Too many rednecks (beer drinking, cig smoking, duely driving, pro hunting and gun fools)
6) Nobody uses turn signals, general bad driving habits
7) Too many UT fanboys
8) Too many people double parking
9) Too many shops closed on Sundays
10) You better be Republican because you will be shunned otherwise.(big issue with people coming north to south)
11) Heavily racist area (all of east TN)
12) Major drug problems
13) It's slowly becoming a retirement community. Young moves out and old moves in, caused by lack of jobs unless you a chem engineer
doggard

Napoleon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

oh kingsport is just fine , you have to live somewhere , no where is perfect
teedoff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

slumlords like KENNY KITCHENS!
Damn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Ya'll are just a bunch of out of touch downers. There's a lot of people trying to make a difference but y'all just knock it or won't support it. Truth! Kingsport is a great place.
teedoff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Damn wrote:
Ya'll are just a bunch of out of touch downers. There's a lot of people trying to make a difference but y'all just knock it or won't support it. Truth! Kingsport is a great place.
are you retarded??? kingsort sux!!!!!
Entitled

Kings Mountain, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Yes if you don't pay your bills, some will call you and ask if you would mind catching up. If you steal from somebody they will not have anything else to do with you. Now go sell your pills and be part of what sucks most in Kingsport, punk thieves who will not work.
Good for nothing

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

teedoff wrote:
<quoted text>are you retarded??? kingsort sux!!!!!
Well make it a better place. Instead of bashing others.
Charles

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

The best thing about Kingsport is shut up and get the heck out. The worst thing is the town trying to get people to move here. I do not live in Knoxville or worse Pigeon Forge and I do not want to see my town turned into that mess.

The roads here are already over-crowded. There's nothing here you can't get at any other town anywhere else. Most of us don't own our own business so are not benefiting from population increase but we're the ones you get to interact with on a daily basis. It seems like the town only cares about enticing people to come here instead of serving those who have spent their lives here. Spread the bad word.
Bob

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Is the smell really that bad??? We are thinking of moving there because it seems like a cute little town. Please reply!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the Kingsport Forum right now

Search the Kingsport Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
gays 8 min marthe stewart 31
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 1 hr Irving 141,540
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 2 hr Zeke 8,980
United States Navy 6 hr marthe stewart 4
would not recommend doctor randall j falconer's... (Jul '13) 19 hr Va patients that used to 16
Alicia Mumpower 20 hr hmm 13
the satanic church and hobby lobby 22 hr Six Six Six 4
•••
•••
•••
Kingsport Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Kingsport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000