Caution: New Heatlh Club?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
peak member

Raleigh, NC

#24 Jan 19, 2010
so what happened? its ZX fitness, because now they're getting sued for stealing the name Z max? ha!gIVE IT UP JEFF STEC AND STOP TAINTING the fitness industry and the 66% of obese americans
peak member

Raleigh, NC

#25 Jan 19, 2010
Fitness Instructor wrote:
Ok, I have read the postings. So what are your options? Join Planet Fitness where you get thrown out for sneezing loudly even though its $10 a month? Join YMCA whose facilities and fees ($$$$) are targeted more towards giving to the community and whose hours are not flexible? Get a Wii and equipment and stay at home? Join any other dollar sized fitness club on the corner? Start your own gym? Hmm...even if i did have to pay...I will stick with a gym that has equipment, variety of classes, long hours. I agree cleaniness and fitness of staff is challenging at some clubs. But what else are you gonna do...join the 66% of the obese American population and sit on the couch and complain about the gym? Get moving doign something somewhere
so what happened? its ZX fitness, because now they're getting sued for stealing the name Z max? ha!gIVE IT UP JEFF STEC AND STOP TAINTING the fitness industry and the 66% of obese americans
peak member charlotte

Little Rock, AR

#26 Jan 19, 2010
It isn't the prettiest of facilities but for $25 a month I am not complaining. Better than paying extra at the Y for being over 30.
FormerPeakMember

AOL

#27 Jan 24, 2010
Peak = ZX

Truth be told that Stec and company owed $12MM of debt and assets were essentially worthless.See attached link.
http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/docume...

Peak employees applied for the Zmax name prior to filing bankrutcy ...hmmm maybe some preplanning.

Ever wonder why the company that supposedly bought them out was in Nevada, gambling capital of the US.

You will complain about ZX or whatever they call themselves today or tomorrow after you get locked into a 3 year contract with the hidden maintenance/equipment fees ($50-60) that go to someone pockets and not 1 cent is put back in the gym.
Peak In Charlotte

Charlotte, NC

#29 Feb 24, 2010
The new Steele Creek one looks alot better but still needs some work here and there. I wish they had LA fitness out here though. Alot of people complain about them but their the best chain imo.
Back Atcha

Jonesborough, TN

#30 Feb 25, 2010
Jettazero wrote:
Just because a company owes money to creditors/vendors and have a bad rep in the carolinas doesn't mean they won't run a good fitness center here. So what whoever runs the company, if you go there, use their facilities, what do you have to complain about?
A fitness center in another state was opened under similar conditions. Everyone joined anyway and when they went belly up, their money went with it, even though their center was doing well and making money.
CALL NC ATTRY GENERAL

Raleigh, NC

#31 Feb 28, 2010
These jokers are running the same scam they ever have. They have re-opened "bills" for "extras" or old canceled memberships that customers have founght them on and long since dis-proven. These bills are from years and years ago and they are trying to claim they are now a new company and have "no record" that the amounts due were false...even though they seem to have the exact records of what the fake bills are for. If you get one of these bills, go straight to the NC State Attorney General's office web site and file a complaint. The AG is already investigating and you'll be amazed how fast these scum get off your back when they realize they could face criminal charges for what they are doing. If you talk to ANYONE at PEAK or any of their made-up subsidiaries ("first credit services") about your situation, get names and contact info before you say another word to them.
Old Member

Clarksville, MD

#32 Mar 1, 2010
I agree that its the same BS. I am currently going through a situation where they apparently "lost" the payments I made directly from my bank account for 2 years and now say I owe over $1000 on a contract that ended in 2007. Not onyl did I pay the contract until the end, but I paid them for 6 months that I was un able to use services since I moved 4 hours away. According to my contract, moving 50 miles away from a gym constitutes a reason to end the contract. FALSE. I provided change of address, mail, utility bills and bank statements and none of that was enough to cancel my contract. So i was stuck paying almost $50/month for 5 months that I couldn't use service. Now they are saying I owe them for 2 and a half more years. STAY AWAY.
Old Member

Clarksville, MD

#33 Mar 1, 2010
If it's not the same gym, I guess it's a coincidence that they have the same mailing address for member services in Charlotte. Seems kind of strange to me.

http://www.zxfitness.com/contact-us.html

http://www.peakfitnessclubs.com/contactus.htm...
FormerPeakMember

AOL

#34 Mar 3, 2010
In addition the domain zxfitness was registered by J Stec in January 2010

Domain name: zxfitness.com

Registrant Contact:

j stec ()

Fax:
13347 South Point Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28273
US

Name Servers:
ns.inmotionhosting.com
ns2.inmotionhosting.com

Creation date: 13 Jan 2010 18:40:31
Expiration date: 13 Jan 2013 18:40:31
Marketing Director

Charlotte, NC

#35 Mar 19, 2010
Good afternoon everyone!
I am the marketing director for ZX Fitness. I will answer any questions that everyone has. It seems like a lot of people have questions about the new ownership, the new name, etc. Just reply back and I'll answer any questions to the best of my ability.
Thanks for everyone's interest in ZX Fitness!
www.zxfitness.com
Zero eXcuses!
Sandy V

Fayetteville, NC

#36 Apr 3, 2010
SO is it true that you fire your managers over the phone, while they are in the club working out, after they put their notice in? Just what I heard on facebook. We all know that it is still peak mgt with professional fitness as the money behind it. I'm sure you wont last.
southpark member

Stanley, NC

#37 May 6, 2010
I'm with you. Not a lot of options here is Charlotte. So for 20 bucks a month grin and bear it.
Michael Cain

Denver, NC

#38 Jun 2, 2010
Sandy V wrote:
SO is it true that you fire your managers over the phone, while they are in the club working out, after they put their notice in? Just what I heard on facebook. We all know that it is still peak mgt with professional fitness as the money behind it. I'm sure you wont last.
Funny how this dumb@$% thinks that by bashing the company would do anything for him it's just making him look like a complete idiot, from what we have heard his story is full of it, he knows he did people wrong himself, so he can continue to say all he wants, I think he is just bitter that he did get fired and with all his insecurities he can't accept it. So dude get over it! You're a loser! This is probably yourself saying this!! Just like an ex girlfriend you can't let it go! LOL!!!
ice

United States

#39 Jun 11, 2010
" I just would like to know if i worked for the club can i train and n a GM at the same time. And get paid on both ends."
Marketing Director wrote:
Good afternoon everyone!
I am the marketing director for ZX Fitness. I will answer any questions that everyone has. It seems like a lot of people have questions about the new ownership, the new name, etc. Just reply back and I'll answer any questions to the best of my ability.
Thanks for everyone's interest in ZX Fitness!
www.zxfitness.com
Zero eXcuses!
FormerPeakMember

AOL

#40 Jul 22, 2010
This will get good, the AG is again investigating the company. I guess their $10 offer with the added fees for processing, "equipment maintenance" are a quick cash fix.

http://www.foxcharlotte.com/news/health/ZX-Fi...
I Used To Like ZX

Charlotte, NC

#41 Aug 5, 2010
I joined ZX earlier this year for $19 a month and was loving it. Then they decided to start charging $10 for child care. OK, I can get with that, but then they started charging $2 for some of the group fitness classes here and there. I looked at the August group fitness schedule for Harrisburg and they are charging $2 for ALL group fitness classes every Saturday and Sunday of this month. For someone like me who likes to go to all the weekend classes, that's an additional $19 this month! That is so ridiculous. ZX mgmt told me they are making changes "trying to stay in business". If they are having problems balancing the books, they need to charge more for the monthly membership. Even if money wasn't an issue, who wants to worry about carrying cash to the gym everytime you work out? BTW, I posted these comments on their facebook page and they were promptly deleted. I also noticed that they aren't charging for group fitness at the South Park facility. Hmmm...what's up with the discrimination. ZX is a poor excuse for good business management.
Durham Club Member

Mebane, NC

#43 Sep 7, 2010
The club in Durham really needs to be cleaned. I know a great cleaning service that would get the exercise room floor presentable.

A revamp of teachers for the classes is also needed. There a few good ones but there are some who've been around awhile, and just aren't inspiring anymore.

If Zmax is listening please clean it up!
ZMAX - Peak- HELP

Salisbury, NC

#44 Sep 28, 2010
People all I ask is watch their contracts. I have lost my job and have not been able to close my open monthly account(which requires 30 days notice). They keep charging me a monthly bill and I haven't been to the gym in 4 months. They say that they will not even allow me to close the account and stop the bill from getting bigger because I am past due. I can manage to pay my bill over a couple of months if they will stop tacking 24.99 a month to something that I am not using. I ask of you, Zmax. let me close my open account. So that I can pay you back what I owe. I can't pay you part of it this month and you charge me for another month. Its a win-lose situation for me.
As my parents taught me. Don't complain about something if you dont act on a solution. here is my solution:
Guys and girls. We in Charlotte should just start exercise clubs. Everyone meet on certain days and we work out together(like at a park or tracks at some of the schools) No payments- no contracts. just plain clean hard exercises.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drug Dealer/User named "wee wee" 3 hr Keith 9
Greg Slemp (Nov '14) 11 hr Styr0foam Peanut 144
Development at Tri-Cities Crossing 11 hr Styr0foam Peanut 14
Whatever happened to 60s/70s furniture guy Paul... Tue Cousin Banjo 3
"Everyday Manna" (Feb '14) Mon kim kardashian 148
Clown Sighting Sep 26 kim kardashian 2
Concerned About Court Sep 26 kim kardashian 8

Kingsport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance