Jury hears 2 tales of millionaire's murder

There are 20 comments on the Austin American-Statesman story from Feb 19, 2008, titled Jury hears 2 tales of millionaire's murder. In it, Austin American-Statesman reports that:

“Charlie White Sr. had a perversion. He had a temper and a contrary aspect about him that completely destroyed his entire family”

Two very different stories about what happened when multimillionaire Charlie White Sr. via Austin American-Statesman

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Austin American-Statesman.

First Prev
of 34
Next Last
Karrie

Arlington, TX

#1 Feb 22, 2008
well i think Darin basically got away with murder!!! i met him one time at a mav game with his Dad (actually it was one of the last games his Dad got to go to)and i knew immediately that he was a piece of crap... who cared nothing about anyone but himself... i had a feeling when i saw him that he was going to do something to Charlie... he just had that "air" about him i am better than you and i deserve to have my Dad's money.. Charlie spoke nothing but, good things about Darin to me and my Husband at that game as a matter of fact he talked about all his kids that night when Darin went to get another beer.. he told us about the son who died and about his daughter that died and about the son in California that he never talked to and i asked him why and he said "i don't know" he just does not call me or return my calls... Darin was a selfish pig who deserves to rot in jail and now thanks to the jury's decision he will be free and on the streets in about 10 years to kill again.. great job !!!!
terri

Marble Falls, TX

#2 Feb 22, 2008
Darrin murdered his father with forthought and malice. Testimony on the behalf of Charlie was practically non-existant. The night of the murder Darrin testified that he sat in the car while his father had dinner in a local resturant and again while Charlie went into Wal-mart. I think Darrin was planning the murder then. He lived off Charlie and his mother and was angry (I believe)when Charlie denied more funds.
Ronni

Carrollton, TX

#3 Feb 25, 2008
Darin White got a light tap on the hand for a brutal murder. He has once again escaped true punishment for a crime. This man has never and probaly will never take full responsibility for his actions. It will always be someone else's fault. He has absolutely no remorse!! I sat in the courtroom and was appalled that his response to his actions is "I am sorry this happened, I just want to move on with my life". I am not a fan of Charlie White but I do not think anyone deserves to be viciously attacked!!
puplecoyote

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Feb 25, 2008
I think Darin has alot of issues you guys don't understand.Just because he shows no emotion doesn't mean he isn't torn up inside. He had to deal with a dad who was always putting down his mom and trying to screw his girlfriends and using him to pick up women wherever they went. Darin's a momma's boy and in High School chose to live with his mom and drive a beat up truck rather than Orgy around with his dad. Could you imagine having to screw girls in front of your dad and then having to face your mom.I don't think any man is giving out a sentence on this one.Darin is going to have to deal with the man upstairs and ask and plead for forgiveness-Charlie I hope was ready-sad.ten years?
Kathy

Dallas, TX

#5 Mar 3, 2008
The Llano County District Attorney, Charlie White Jr, Eddie Shell and relatives of Darin White's knew there was a witness who wanted to testify as to the Motive, hearing DArins RAGE before he killed his dad and how she knew Darin killed his father before knowing that Charlie Sr was killed.
The Llano County DA's, Charlie Jr, Eddie Shell, and relatives of DArin White abused their power, carried out intentional fraud, deception, concealment of facts, concealment of Motive and maliciously threatened the witness before the sentencing and after the sentencing to destroy her life financially or put her in prison I hope you write Alvin Alexis Texas Ranger in Austin, Joey Gordon, Texas Ranger in LLano; Governor Rick Perry who appointed Judge Mills; John Edwards of the Texas State BAr; and Ron Bennett of the TExas Commission on Judicial conduct with your desires to have the DA's, Jr, Shell, and relative of Darin White's investigated and prosecuted for intentional abuse of power to Obstruct Criminal Justice by preventing a witness from not only testifying as to the Motive and hearing DArins RAGE but also the malicious threats and tacktics used by the LLano County DA's and Charlie Jr on the first day of the trial and up to now.l
Ronni

Dallas, TX

#6 Mar 3, 2008
The District Attorney put on no case for Charlie White Sr and Judge Mills concealed 32 witnesses testimony on behalf of Charlie White Sr; while the Llano County DA's intentionally prevented testimony and Charlie White Jr threatened witnesses if they did testify or met with Jay Tedder. At least Darin didn't get Probation which he would have gotten in September since the DA's put on not case at all and Judge Mills stated that due to the dA's not objecting to an expert witnesses interpretation of the sudden passion law then he had to give Darin a sentence of 20 years or less. This is a horrible justice system of lies, deception, abuse of power and concealment of facts. Did someone bribe the DA's, Judge or both?
Ronni

Dallas, TX

#7 Mar 3, 2008
Ronni; you obviously didn't know Darin White very well. Darin got on top of Charlie Sr's dates while they were asleep and after his father left the house. Darin tried forcing himself on women sexually. Sure, Charlie Sr chose a lifestyle of the Playboy; why shouldn't he; women were just after his money and his family wasn't any different. If Darin didn't like and want what his father had; then Darin simply could have stayed away from his father as most families are today. Darin is a looser who simply wouldn't get a job and he was a Bullie all his life; a low life; scum; a Sociopath, narcisist, killer, how dare you say "poor Darin". Maybe you will be so lucky as to have DArin kill you the same way he did his father some day and then, and only then will you realize the wrongs of your claims about sicko Darin White; money and bribes allowed Darin to get away with a brutal killing; Did you know there was a MOtive concealed by the LLano County DA's; this had nothing to do with name calling or
a fight or anything at all that Darin alleged; DArin killed his dad solely because his father said he was taking Darin out of his Will and that's a fact that the DA's and Judge concealed from the trial You know nothing of what you are talking about
Ronni

Dallas, TX

#8 Mar 3, 2008
you are right; Darin got away with Murder by lying, deceiving and most likely bribes of people in power
Sue

Dallas, TX

#9 Mar 3, 2008
You are absolutely right. This was a planned killing. the DA's knew it was a planned killing; and the DA's simply concealed or prevented testimony of this being a planned killing
Sue

Dallas, TX

#10 Mar 3, 2008
We should all complaint to our Congressman, Senators, Texas Rangers, Governors, State Bar, Texas Commission on Judicial Conduct about the Llano County District Attorney and Judge Dan Mills obvious concealment of facts and preventing testimony of witnesses for Charlie White Sr and
putting on no case at all for Charlie Sr and instead playing the justice system to let Darin get a slap on the hand for such a brutal killing.
there are people in prison serving longer time for crimes they didn't commit; or for DUI's or DWI's but then, they didn't have the political pull or money to pay the right people to conceal the facts of Darin White
Bob

Dallas, TX

#11 Mar 3, 2008
Did you know that 48 Hours is doing a documentary on Charlie White Sr and this obvious unjust murder trial put on by the Llano County DA's and Judge Mills intentional concealment of facts.
I want to see if Charlie White Jr lies for his brother, Darin. After all; if it hadn't been for Darin killing his father; Jr wouldn't be rich now so Jr owes Darin alot of sucking up.
Betty

Dallas, TX

#12 Mar 3, 2008
I heard that Charlie White Jr was going to sue anyone who said anything about his brother lying or told any facts about his brother actually killing his father due to Darins father telling him he was taking DArin out of the Will. Money is almost always the Motive but the LLano County DA's concealed that fact. Why? Bribes? Money? politics?
jeff

Marble Falls, TX

#13 Mar 4, 2008
i know darin and i witnessed the sexual, verbal, physical abuse that charlie sr. did on darin. no charlie did not deserve to die, but i think after all the years of abuse darin simply "lost it". darin will have to deal with what he did, maybe he can get some help while he is in jail, some deep conseling. i think its a tragity two lives were destroyed.
Katy

Marble Falls, TX

#14 Mar 5, 2008
First of all I want to say that I know Darin, he is a kind, sweet man! The second thing I want to say is that KATHY, you were caught passing notes to perspective jurors during jury selection! They had to take your cardboard sign away from you, and then after passing the notes you were asked to leave and not come back! I also notice that RONNI, SUE and possibly the other name posts are yours!(KATHY).... notice the way you typed Darin's name.... DArin! You typed the same in the other posts too! There was no evidence kept out of the trial. If it hadn't been for that crazy "book" of garbage you wrote and gave to the invesigator, there wouldn't have been a second trial and Darin would have gotten probation! The judge realized that you were a nut and disregarded you as a witness.... It's a shame that Darin is going to prison. He was so abused as a child, along with all of his siblings! Yes, he killed his father, but I'm guessing the only reason a person would kill his parent would have to be because of years of abuse! That was shown in court. The jury was kind to him by giving him just 20 years. I will pray for Darin and I pray there will be healing for what's left of his family. His girlfriend, Darci loves him so much and will help him thru this! Shame on all of you who do not know what your talking about!
Katy

Marble Falls, TX

#15 Mar 5, 2008
Oh! and by the way I forgot to mention that you, KATHY lied on the stand when the judge asked you if you had passed any notes to any perspective jurors, you said "no." The judge called the perspective juror to the stand and she said,"yes," that you had passed a note to her about Darin. You were asked to leave and came back into the courtroom twice, until they pulled out the handcuffs. Then you preceeded to drive around and around the courthouse for hours! Thought everyone who wasn't in the courtroom might want to know the real facts!
Betty

Dallas, TX

#16 Mar 6, 2008
Darin White was always trying to screw Charlie Sr's girlfriends. My friend spent some time at Charlie Sr's home and while she was asleep; Darin got on top of her; trying to have sex with her.
Bob

Dallas, TX

#17 Mar 6, 2008
yes, Darins desire for money didn't just end Charlie Sr's life but think about the horrible
pain Charlie Sr's endured; his teeth flying from his mouth; nose caved into his face; electricity shooting through his body every 15 minutes for an hour; and what did Darin do? took a shower and went to bed with his dad dying downstairs. Yes, Darin's sentence is a cake walk compared to his crime but no sentence could ever be anything close to what Darin did to his own father. It's sickening to listen to friends of Darins claim "poor Darin was abused by his dad". What an idiot of a person who would say that. Darin was and is a lazy, sleeze, bumb, who attempted raping his dads dates and he bought himself a ticket to brutally kill his dad and even more childish of Darin is the fact that he blames his dad for his being a brutal killer. Hey Darin; next time you get the urge to kill someone - maybe, just maybe you should think "no, I'll just leave and go get a job instead". What shocks me is the poor and almost non existant trial the State put on. What was with those Attorneys; did someone bribe them or what?
Kathy

Dallas, TX

#18 Mar 6, 2008
Katy;
you are a liar and from such lies; I assume you are actually Charlie White Jr instead of Katy.
1. I didn't lie on the stand.
2. I didn't get to finish the question asked of me.
3. I did get to answer the question the next day on Tuesday and it is a fact that: Eddie Shell, a relative of DArins, Charlie Jr and the Llano County DA's railroaded me for one reason and one reason only: they wanted to discredit me so as to prevent the Motive (the Will) and my hearing Darins RAGE before he killed his dad from being known to the jurors and if this hadn't been the plan ever since November 2005 then the DA's would have simply subpeonad me to testify and Charlie Jr wouldn't have been trying to make me out as crazy to people who don't even know me.
4. There were never any handcuffs brought out to take me to jail.(liar that you are)
5. I was never charged with a crime because I didn't comit a crime; I didn't perjure myself; Charlie Jr; and I didn't drive around the courthouse like you are claiming (you are such a liar)
Kathy

Dallas, TX

#19 Mar 6, 2008
The number one and most important issue of all is
WHY DID THE LLANO COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY AND CHARLIE WHITE JR WORK TOGETHER TO PREVENT KATHY HASTINGS FROM TESTIFYING AS TO THE MOTIVE, HER HEARING DARINS RAGE BEFORE HE KILLED HIS DAD, THE SEQUENCE OF EVENTS LEADING UP TO DARINS KILLING HIS DAD AND CONCEAL THE FACT OF ALL THE AFOREMENTIONED BEING GIVEN TO THE TEXAS RANGERS IN NOVEMBER 2005 AND BEING TOLD TO THE LLANO COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY SHORTLY AFTER CHARLIES BODY WAS FOUND?
Kathy

Dallas, TX

#20 Mar 6, 2008
Does everyone know the ways by which Charlie Jr and the Llano County District Attorney or Eddie Shell and White family tried to discredit Kathy Hastings in order to prevent her from stating what she told the Texas Rangers in November 2005 which was the Motive and her hearing Darins RAGE:
1. in September 2007; Charlie Jr asked Hastings to stay at the house where his dad was killed and she slept in the bedroom where Darin slept. Coincidentally and not to be considered a coincidence at all is the fact that Charlie Jr pointed out that he moved the nightstand out and put a bookcase there; it had 5 books on it; one was on boys killing their parents; another was on changing ones identity; another was staging ones death.
This was far too coincidental to be considered just a coincidence and I told Jay O. Tedder, Probation officer the next day that I felt Charlie Jr was trying to set me up in order to discredit me due to my knowing too much. I was right. Jr claimed I was crazy and that there were no such books there. Unfortunately, for Charlie Jr; I had already told Jay Tedder that I felt this was a set up to discredit me.
2. the next attempt to discredit me was when one of Darins relatives reported me giving a note to a non juror; thus, clearly I was being sought after; fortunately for me; I told 48 Hours before going from Dallas to Horse Shoe Bay that I felt strongly that the LLano County DA's would come up with a way to set me up so that I spent more time in prison than DArin does; only because it was extremely obvious how much effor Charlie Jr and the LLano County DA's were going through to prevent my testimony; not ever send a subpoena to me; and ultimately succeed at preventing me from testifying as to the Motive (the Will; dads taking me out of the will says darin) and my hearing Darins RAGE before he killed his dad. A RAGE that Darin built up from Sunday (when Darin said to me that dads taking him out of his Will) to Tuesday evening when Darin drove from Dallas to Horse Shoe Bay and I heard the extreme amount of RAGE (more than RAGE) from DArins mouth when I was talking to Charlie Sr on the telephone. Yes, a tape of Charlie Sr was given to The Texas Rangers where Sr said that DArin is nothing but a liar and he was right. Now, it appears unfortunately; that Charlie White Jr has become nothing but a liar also. It's a shame that money and Darins killing his dad has now made Charlie Jr the person he is today. Money; the rought of all evil. Most recently, I received an e-mail from CW - saying that I brought DArin to Dallas so that DArin would help me kill his dad. Now, can everyone see exactly how far CW has gone to prevent what I know from being known to the jury; public; made of court record?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 34
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 27 min Napoleon Pedo Lindo 822
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Mon Test fart 639
Coach Taylor (Karron Taylor) (Oct '10) Apr 10 John Doe 3
Buckners Babtist Boys Ranch (Aug '10) Mar '15 scott kerns 9
lanny lindsey what kind of man is he really ? (Sep '14) Feb '15 wordsmith 2
Burnet County Corruption (Jul '12) Jan '15 Sharie 2
Review: Highland Lakes Taxidermy Dec '14 Donf 1
More from around the web

Kingsland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]