Greg Bird resigns from City Council

Greg Bird resigns from City Council

Posted in the Kingsland Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Truth is

Kissimmee, FL

#1 Sep 17, 2013
Thank you for serving Greg! I do believe it is a very wise move for you to cut ties with the Council.

Things are going to get much worse in St. Marys!!! Higher taxes, higher flood insurance, higher water sewer bills, higher millage rates and decreased property values; spells disaster waiting to happen.

First sequestration hit Kings Bay. Now the decision to delay building subs has been made. Next up Bangor, Washington will be chosen as home port.

Smart decision Greg!! Good luck to you and JoBeth!!
Oh really

Kingsland, GA

#2 Sep 17, 2013
Greg resigned due to serious illness in his family NOT "to cut ties with the Council." Don't try to turn this into something it isn't.
mag pie

Saint Marys, GA

#3 Sep 17, 2013
Now you have heard from a council member that not only resigning from the council is moving out of St. Marys. That says a lot about how screwed up this place really is today.

Who being of sound mind is willing to do this kind of job ?

The Mayor and his gang have really screwed up this place. Now Morrissey is going to be mayor. He has no one, well and 80 year old man with dementia; Who is running against him. Morrissey hope you can do it. But looking at your pass time on council I don't think you can do it. Just flounder around until it crashes.
Telling it like it is

Talladega, AL

#4 Sep 17, 2013
I am glad I don't live there!!!That place is a money pit.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#5 Sep 17, 2013
IF this is true - and one never knows with you people - I'm sorry to hear of the illness situation and wish the Birds and whoever in the family is ill well.

However, I have to wonder why in the world he did not resign prior to the end of qualifying for the upcoming election.

Does anyone know what happens now?

How long will we have to function with 5 councilpersons.

How much more will a special election cost us compared to if he had resigned sooner?

Was the timing a political strategy designed to grease the skids for his chosen successor?

Shades of Steve Berry's strategic exodus.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#6 Sep 17, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
IF this is true - and one never knows with you people - I'm sorry to hear of the illness situation and wish the Birds and whoever in the family is ill well.
However, I have to wonder why in the world he did not resign prior to the end of qualifying for the upcoming election.
Does anyone know what happens now?
Yes we do.
Say what

Kingsland, GA

#7 Sep 17, 2013
Truth is wrote:
Thank you for serving Greg! I do believe it is a very wise move for you to cut ties with the Council.
Things are going to get much worse in St. Marys!!! Higher taxes, higher flood insurance, higher water sewer bills, higher millage rates and decreased property values; spells disaster waiting to happen.
First sequestration hit Kings Bay. Now the decision to delay building subs has been made. Next up Bangor, Washington will be chosen as home port.
Smart decision Greg!! Good luck to you and JoBeth!!
You have consistently been one of the dumbest SOB's to post on this site. Very few at Kings Bay were sequestered and it was for just a few days. We are not building subs. We are refitting them and Kings Bays largest employer TRF is operating more now than ever. Bangor has always been home port to subs you idiot.
Quest

Kingsland, GA

#8 Sep 17, 2013
I doubt there will be a special election. Why six? Why not five on council. If a sixth is wanted or needed, a person will be appointed!
horsetowater

Saint Marys, GA

#9 Sep 17, 2013
Quest wrote:
I doubt there will be a special election. Why six? Why not five on council. If a sixth is wanted or needed, a person will be appointed!
What is the difference between a 4 - 2 vote and a 5 - 1 or a 4 - 1 vote? The results are the same.

As I see it, after the November elections, the votes will be 5 - 0 until Seat #1 is filled. Then In suspect a 6 - 0 vote on all significant issues.
Facts

Kingsland, GA

#10 Sep 17, 2013
Bird's post will be included in the upcoming election.
bubba131

Saint Marys, GA

#11 Sep 17, 2013
I ran into Greg at the store a couple months ago and we stopped and chatted..
He asked if my heart attack had left any side affects. I told him no BUT he needed to get past the psycological (?) effects .One who has had a heart attack is very antsy the first few months as you get the slightest pain and you think "oh boy this is it"'. This wariness passes after a while and you start living your life again.
I wish him the very best!!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#12 Sep 17, 2013
horsetowater wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the difference between a 4 - 2 vote and a 5 - 1 or a 4 - 1 vote? The results are the same.
As I see it, after the November elections, the votes will be 5 - 0 until Seat #1 is filled. Then In suspect a 6 - 0 vote on all significant issues.
Unfortunately you will probably be right. At least with a minority vote they kept an eye on the five in the middle.

Our city council presides over a town where business closing is the norm, lay-offs and hourly cut backs is the most used management tool for survival along with wage freezes. We have a council that can't make any decisions without paying an outside consulting firm 20k or more. So what do we hear at the council meeting? Gant trying to get our city manager a pay hike!! Unbelievable.
anon

Kingsland, GA

#13 Sep 17, 2013
Clipper wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately you will probably be right. At least with a minority vote they kept an eye on the five in the middle.
Our city council presides over a town where business closing is the norm, lay-offs and hourly cut backs is the most used management tool for survival along with wage freezes. We have a council that can't make any decisions without paying an outside consulting firm 20k or more. So what do we hear at the council meeting? Gant trying to get our city manager a pay hike!! Unbelievable.
Wonder why he would do that. Take a hard look at the real estate cartel.
cant make him drink

Saint Marys, GA

#14 Sep 17, 2013
Obviously you haven't been paying attention to real votes just making assumptions. There have been numerous times where there has been unified voting as well as split voting of the middle group.
david

Kingsland, GA

#15 Sep 17, 2013
The only person who voted with brains and not greed is Gant. The others did what mayor and J.M. told them to.
Say what

Saint Marys, GA

#16 Sep 17, 2013
david wrote:
The only person who voted with brains and not greed is Gant. The others did what mayor and J.M. told them to.
Why don't you shoot us a couple of those "voted with brains" against the best wishes of the mayor and clones as examples.
david

Kingsland, GA

#17 Sep 17, 2013
I can't say who you should vote for,not my place to I'm gonna vote for Tommy for sure. He will buck the system for sure.I like his thoughts on getting rid of debt. Not sure about Mike yet. Howell is a toss up he did nothing but sit there,yet Mrs Williams has her chance at city and county levels. She did not bring up the first thing good she did at either one.Not at her speech or her website.
kingslander

Wimauma, FL

#18 Sep 17, 2013
An opening for Jay to step up to the plate. You know you want him run. He just might be what y'all need.
david

Kingsland, GA

#19 Sep 17, 2013
Its time for a major change. I know Tommy is not for more taxes.
anon

Saint Marys, GA

#20 Sep 17, 2013
Huge loss for the citizens of St Marys. Bird was the only one who rubbed the rest of the councils face in it when they went poop on us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clownboy's really bad four weeks (2:49) 1 hr Ospreyite 1
Rethuglicans have no politically plausible agenda 2 hr Ospreyite 1
"I Voted for Trump. And I Sorely Regret It." 2 hr roberta1 5
Two Hate Groups 2 hr roberta1 2
K Mart in Kingsland will close (Jan '17) 3 hr Might work 30
Bannonza gonner 6 hr fivestar family 4
"Don't Hire People Who Are Smarter Than You" 8 hr anon 2

Kingsland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kingsland Mortgages