Debbie Middleton is Martin Gillette's...

Debbie Middleton is Martin Gillette's NIECE

Posted in the Kingsland Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tax Payer

Saint Simons Island, GA

#1 Dec 18, 2012
Rumor has it Debibe has announced that she would be running for Probate Judge. Athough I do Like Debbie and she is a fine person everyone needs to know she is also Martin's NIECE.
We need to get away from the Nepotism in the elected offices. There is no where in the laws that this is a FAMILY POSITION. so lets stop it from staying in "the family". Elect someone who does not have "family ties". Just saying......

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#2 Dec 18, 2012
Hell fire and damnation!

This friggin county really beats all.

It's a damned interesting case study of the results of a multi-generational, insular, bigoted society of GOBs with a closed gene pool.

Better yet, can we find and elect damned outsider candidates with absolutely no Camden family history from now to the end of this century so as to give the influx of new genes into the area the time needed to undue the damage to the indigenous population?

OBTW, when I was at the courthouse yesterday, there was sheriff-elect Proctor standing on the front porch of the sheriff's office surrounded by half-a-dozen fawning young deputies.

It looked like a Scoutmaster with his adoring troop gathered 'round. Had they been dogs, their tails would have been wagging away.

Jim I hope that "I'm your buddy!" management style works for you. Just remember: there is a reason why law enforcement agencies have para-military structures.

St. Marys, GA

#3 Dec 18, 2012
Okay, now that weknow that it has been decided that Debbie Middleton will be our next probate judge, might a voter be so old as to ask what her educational background is?
Wondering

Saint Marys, GA

#4 Dec 18, 2012
Moreno Jay wrote:
Hell fire and damnation!
This friggin county really beats all.
It's a damned interesting case study of the results of a multi-generational, insular, bigoted society of GOBs with a closed gene pool.
Better yet, can we find and elect damned outsider candidates with absolutely no Camden family history from now to the end of this century so as to give the influx of new genes into the area the time needed to undue the damage to the indigenous population?
OBTW, when I was at the courthouse yesterday, there was sheriff-elect Proctor standing on the front porch of the sheriff's office surrounded by half-a-dozen fawning young deputies.
It looked like a Scoutmaster with his adoring troop gathered 'round. Had they been dogs, their tails would have been wagging away.
Jim I hope that "I'm your buddy!" management style works for you. Just remember: there is a reason why law enforcement agencies have para-military structures.
A broken tail light, improper changing lanes, excessive scooter speed, what will the charge be that returns you to that icy cold cell? Do you still dream of your semi-retarded up close and loving cell buddy?
proudkow

Clayton, MI

#5 Dec 18, 2012
What you fail to remember oh "Lord of the Wheels" is that most of those "young Deputies" worked for the man at some point in their time there. Very few did not. He is well likd by those who did. By the way, there are probably some still there that fed you when you spent a bit of time there a few years ago.
jww

United States

#6 Dec 18, 2012
That's why its called an election. You have the choice, key word - choice - to vote for or to not vote for any person for what ever reason. I don't understand how his niece running as a candidate is nepotism.
Edward

Kingsland, GA

#7 Dec 18, 2012
It's not !! Nepotism would be if Martin appointed her or hired her. Moreno is just an envious and jealous individual who has never been able to get elected or appointed or even been able to reproduce. So he hates family connections. Hates those who can and have been elected. Hates the fact he has declared himself of superior intelligence over anyone from Camden County. And finally the only throne he gets to sit on is full of $hit or the one that rolls his fat a$$ around. He believes he's deserving of royalty while we all believe he's a royal pain. He has really lead such a sad life.
anon

Saint Simons Island, GA

#8 Dec 18, 2012
jww wrote:
That's why its called an election. You have the choice, key word - choice - to vote for or to not vote for any person for what ever reason. I don't understand how his niece running as a candidate is nepotism.
The GOB of Camden will make sure she is elected to keep it in the family reguardless of the election. You must have not been from Camden long enough.

St. Marys, GA

#9 Dec 18, 2012
Edward wrote:
It's not !! Nepotism would be if Martin appointed her or hired her. Moreno is just an envious and jealous individual who has never been able to get elected or appointed or even been able to reproduce. So he hates family connections. Hates those who can and have been elected. Hates the fact he has declared himself of superior intelligence over anyone from Camden County. And finally the only throne he gets to sit on is full of $hit or the one that rolls his fat a$$ around. He believes he's deserving of royalty while we all believe he's a royal pain. He has really lead such a sad life.
I see.

And Bill Smith being a hereditary, dynastic sheriff was just a totally random occurrence.

Oh, it's raining? Thank goodness. I thought for sure you were pissing into my shoe.

I see.
Victor

Kingsland, GA

#10 Dec 18, 2012
Absolutely no difference than George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush running and attaining the same office. President of the United States you stupid SOB.
Anon

United States

#11 Dec 18, 2012
Debbie is a very nice person. With that said, she doesn't have any formal experience doing this type of work. I think we need to get someone in there that has some time of legal experience.
Mrs B

Kingsland, GA

#12 Dec 18, 2012
Anon wrote:
Debbie is a very nice person. With that said, she doesn't have any formal experience doing this type of work. I think we need to get someone in there that has some time of legal experience.
Thank you, that is what I have been saying. The Office of Judge is a very complicated and involved function. It should only be held by an experienced attorney. A non-lawyer simply can not grasp the fundamentals of legal procedure and the rules of evidence.The Judge would be ruling on legal arguments from seasoned attorneys, researching statutory and caselaw and making important decisions based on sound legal principles. I have tried cases in front of non-lawyer judges and it was always a joke and a precurser to an expensive and time-consuming appeal. So, I implore you -- all of you -- do NOT elect an amateur, or worse yet, support someone merely because you like them, know their family, or want to help him/her get a job.
Inbreeding Not

Herndon, PA

#13 Dec 18, 2012
Anon wrote:
No attorney and no debbie middleton please. Both are bad for the job and Kamden Kounty.
Anon

United States

#14 Dec 19, 2012
jww wrote:
Who will count the votes? Her uncle! Who fiercely believes the position should REMAIN in the family.
Anon

United States

#15 Dec 19, 2012
Edward wrote:
You're just pissed that Jay is nailing your ass to the cross!! All of you inbreeds have destroyed the reputation of this county. And yes the Kow Klub has always dictated elections in this county via Probate. A lot of folks are watching! The word is spreading about how these positions seem to always have chosen successors.

I came here with SWFLANT and since day one stories like what's happening we're shared by the locals. Now blogging is the "it" way of disseminating this stuff to the electorate. I for one believe we need to turn this county around. No more inbreeding and fair elections should be standards that we all can agree on.

Let return to the prosperous county we were back then. And as far as bar-b-que; my entire office would go to Bonos and Moody's good stuff at both.
Mrs B

Kingsland, GA

#16 Dec 19, 2012
Inbreeding Not wrote:
<quoted text>
No attorney and no debbie middleton please. Both are bad for the job and Kamden Kounty.
Interesting opinion. How would an attorney with trial experience be bad for the job? I can't wait to hear your reply.
Mrs B

Kingsland, GA

#17 Dec 19, 2012
Since I am relatively new to the area, what exactly is the Kow Klub? Is that supposed to be the Klan?
afdvad

United States

#18 Dec 19, 2012
Mrs B wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting opinion. How would an attorney with trial experience be bad for the job?
Not sure it would be good. Does that mean bad? How long have you been here?
Ole Timer

Kingsland, GA

#19 Dec 19, 2012
Let return to the prosperous county we were back then.

You idiot it was 10 times worse back when you thought times were good. Just goes to show how little you know or think you know.

St. Marys, GA

#20 Dec 19, 2012
Ole Timer wrote:
Let return to the prosperous county we were back then.
You idiot it was 10 times worse back when you thought times were good. Just goes to show how little you know or think you know.
Exactly.

This is not the first instance of some deluded, indigenous apologist trying to blow a little revisionist local history smoke up the asses of recent arrivals.

Remember the recent assertion that downtown St. Marys was "humming"
before the mill closed?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bye-Bye Spicey 43 min Draining the Swamp 2
Why they really hate him 53 min Move along 4
Russians In Woodbine 6 hr Jean Green 5
Domestic Violence 6 hr Jean Green 7
Crews gets certified as a Fire Chief 15 hr Kimberly Ehret 11
Nuke deal the worst or is it make up yalls minds Thu chucksmga 2
The Most Corrupt City/County/State Wed randomness 12

Kingsland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance