Republicans have lost their minds - a...

Republicans have lost their minds - again

Posted in the Kingsland Forum

Ospreyite

Saint Marys, GA

#1 Sep 20, 2013
Well they've gone and done it. The Republican majority House in their continued jihad against President Obama, voted and sent to the Senate a CR that funds the government only until December 15th and, of course, for the 42nd time, defund Obamacare.

This is in spite of being told repeatedly for months the president would NOT sign anything linking increasing the national debt to any issue again. It is, as he said, pure blackmail and extortion. He further said he was wrong to have negotiated with Republicans on this in the past, most recently that lead to the ongoing sequestration. He won't do it again and set a precedent for future presidents. So again, we see a Republican lead House wasting valuable time on a CR that is DOA. This is not good governance and is not doing the work of the people. This is simply Republican anarchy and terrorism.

Meanwhile over in the Senate, which has also told the House repeatedly they do not have the votes to do any of the House's irrational demands, we find the senior Republican Senator McCain again saying today,“I can tell you in the United States Senate. We will not repeal or defund Obamacare. We will not, and to think we can is irrational.”

But back to the ridiculous and crazy Republican run House, they went on to pass and send to the Senate H.R. 3102 which among other drastic measures, will end food assistance for 1.8 million low-income seniors and people in low-income working families, 170,000 veterans, 210,000 children will loses their school lunches, and, 2 million to 4 million poor jobless individuals who live in areas of high unemployment, even if they want to work and are willing to take a job or participate in a training program. And here we have yet another bill that is DOA. The Senate promised before the House even voted the bill was dead. Again, this is not how responsible adults govern. Republicans are acting like terrorist in cutting food from the plates of the elderly, working families, veterans and children.

Ironically, even Bush's brain, Karl Rove, is freaked out by Republican plans with the shutdown and defunding strategy. In his WSJ editorial today, he said, "After all, avoiding a shutdown would require, first, at least five Senate Democrats voting to defund ObamaCare. But not a single Senate Democrat says he'll do that, and there is no prospect of winning one over."

"Second, assuming enough Senate Democrats materialize to defund ObamaCare, the measure faces a presidential veto. Republicans would need 54 House Democrats and 21 Senate Democrats to vote to override the president's veto. No sentient being believes that will happen."

"But any strategy to repeal, delay or replace the law must have a credible chance of succeeding or affecting broad public opinion positively."

"The defunding strategy doesn't. Going down that road would strengthen the president while alienating independents. It is an ill-conceived tactic, and Republicans should reject it."

When crazy Karl Rove is worried, we've got good reason to worry.

So while we've not reached End Time, we've certainly reached Republican Crazy Time. Shutting down the government, ruining the creditworthiness of the country, failure to honor past bills, cut food from those in need, and for the 42nd time try to do the same thing again is craziness at its finest and everyone knows it. Except Republicans. And Teapublicans.

All the more reason to NEVER vote Republican or Teapublician again. Ever.
bubba131

Saint Marys, GA

#2 Sep 21, 2013
What an absolute bunch of garbage!!
And the democrats have done such a super job:
Deficit has tripled which our childen and grandchildren will be stuck with.
Americans butchered in benghazi and all the democrats could care less. They just care about covering it up
Adminstration snooping on Americans and press..
Oh yeah they have done a great job in destroying this once proud nation...
Mo money

United States

#3 Sep 21, 2013
Naturally you have drank the kool aid. The food stamp cut is one, over ten years and two, does NOT affect seniors or little kids our any other scare tactic group you want to use. It cuts benefits for ABLE BODIED people who are not willing to go work but choose to sit at home living off the teet of hard working Americans. A demographic that had grown under Obama from 1.7 million to 4 million plus. Facts are hard to believe for most liberals.
Jorge

Saint Marys, GA

#4 Sep 21, 2013
Mo money wrote:
Naturally you have drank the kool aid. The food stamp cut is one, over ten years and two, does NOT affect seniors or little kids our any other scare tactic group you want to use. It cuts benefits for ABLE BODIED people who are not willing to go work but choose to sit at home living off the teet of hard working Americans. A demographic that had grown under Obama from 1.7 million to 4 million plus. Facts are hard to believe for most liberals.
It would appear that you are the victim of cuts to education.
really

Morganton, GA

#5 Sep 21, 2013
Ever wonder why the gov. was advertising the availability of food stamps and even calling people to help them get all kinds of benefits?

Lerts start w/ benefits to illegal aliens
Facts are awful things

Saint Marys, GA

#6 Sep 21, 2013
Mo money wrote:
Naturally you have drank the kool aid. The food stamp cut is one, over ten years and two, does NOT affect seniors or little kids our any other scare tactic group you want to use. It cuts benefits for ABLE BODIED people who are not willing to go work but choose to sit at home living off the teet of hard working Americans. A demographic that had grown under Obama from 1.7 million to 4 million plus. Facts are hard to believe for most liberals.
You wouldn't know a fact if it fell out your as*. Here's a quote from the CBO's own report: "Under CBO’s baseline, we project SNAP participation to decline from 48 million people in an average month in fiscal year 2014 to 34 million in 2023."
former demoratic voter

Saint Marys, GA

#7 Sep 21, 2013
Mo money wrote:
Naturally you have drank the kool aid. The food stamp cut is one, over ten years and two, does NOT affect seniors or little kids our any other scare tactic group you want to use. It cuts benefits for ABLE BODIED people who are not willing to go work but choose to sit at home living off the teet of hard working Americans. A demographic that had grown under Obama from 1.7 million to 4 million plus. Facts are hard to believe for most liberals.
Excellent post...
I'll never ever vote democratic again...
I get SO tired of their lying and blaming everyone else for their failures.
bubba131

Saint Marys, GA

#8 Sep 21, 2013
I find it very very sad that the democrats care NOTHING about the Americans being butchered in Benghazi.
Their only concern is that it won't reflect on their party..
Have they no morals or sense of right and wrong at all??
Clearly not..
Sad...really sad..
bubba131

Saint Marys, GA

#9 Sep 21, 2013
Facts are awful things wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't know a fact if it fell out your as*. Here's a quote from the CBO's own report: "Under CBO’s baseline, we project SNAP participation to decline from 48 million people in an average month in fiscal year 2014 to 34 million in 2023."
The CBO is a government agency.
Are they the same numbskulls who said the recession was over 4 years ago?? LOL LOL
If you believe anything that comes out of the government you need mental help.
I do not believe it. Someone believes a government publication!!
LOL LOL
Hammer

Saint Marys, GA

#10 Sep 21, 2013
bubba131 wrote:
<quoted text>
The CBO is a government agency.
Are they the same numbskulls who said the recession was over 4 years ago?? LOL LOL
If you believe anything that comes out of the government you need mental help.
I do not believe it. Someone believes a government publication!!
LOL LOL
You need to see a doctor dude, mental health field I'd say. Posting nonsense, answering your own nonsense, etc. Which reminds me, you're the clown that said in another post he was "hoping for riots in the urban streets" of America. Second thought, I hope you and your Al Qaeda brothers rot in hell. Something's wrong with you if you're an American citizen and you're having those wishes.
bubba131

Saint Marys, GA

#11 Sep 21, 2013
LOL LOL LOL
And you say I need mental heath work?
LOL LOL LOL
And you care nothing about Americans butchered in Benghazi
And no it wasn't I who posted anything about "rioting in the streets"
Go seek help "dude"
And while youre seeking help ask if he can help you with your lack of morals and principles...
former democratic voter

Saint Marys, GA

#12 Sep 21, 2013
Bubba,
You're wasting your breath.
These people have no morals or principles.
You can tell that by their lackof remorse about the Americans slaughtered in Benghazi.
And tripling the budget deficit with no thought to their kids and grandkids who will bear the brunt of repaying it.
They are ONLY concerned about harming their party. Principles and morals are secondary.
former democratic voter

Saint Marys, GA

#13 Sep 21, 2013
Facts are awful things wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't know a fact if it fell out your as*. Here's a quote from the CBO's own report: "Under CBO’s baseline, we project SNAP participation to decline from 48 million people in an average month in fiscal year 2014 to 34 million in 2023."
Good one!!!
LOL LOL LOL
Anon2

Saint Marys, GA

#14 Sep 21, 2013
Our own Congress critter got quoted nationwide today when discussing the upcoming Republican shutdown of the government.

“It’s total atrophy. We’re earning our 11 percent popularity” rating, said Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.), the leader of the latest group of lawmakers to try to forge a big debt deal.“It’s easier to talk about Obamacare than the major sources of our problems.”

For those who don't know, atrophy is "the partial or complete wasting away of a part of the body."

Atrophy would certainly describe the Republican run House of Congress - just wasting away. And wasting your time, my time and our tax dollars.
pearl

West Jordan, UT

#15 Sep 21, 2013
Hammer wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to see a doctor dude, mental health field I'd say. Posting nonsense, answering your own nonsense, etc. Which reminds me, you're the clown that said in another post he was "hoping for riots in the urban streets" of America. Second thought, I hope you and your Al Qaeda brothers rot in hell. Something's wrong with you if you're an American citizen and you're having those wishes.
Those "Al Qaeda brothers" have the same wish for you, see how much you have in common?
former democratic voter

Saint Marys, GA

#16 Sep 23, 2013
Facts are awful things wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't know a fact if it fell out your as*. Here's a quote from the CBO's own report: "Under CBO’s baseline, we project SNAP participation to decline from 48 million people in an average month in fiscal year 2014 to 34 million in 2023."
And you believe anything that comes from the goverment?
Lord man ITS THE GOVERNMENT!!!!
Get some help...
LOL LOL LOL LOL
Max

Saint Marys, GA

#17 Sep 23, 2013
Anon2 wrote:
Our own Congress critter got quoted nationwide today when discussing the upcoming Republican shutdown of the government.
“It’s total atrophy. We’re earning our 11 percent popularity” rating, said Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.), the leader of the latest group of lawmakers to try to forge a big debt deal.“It’s easier to talk about Obamacare than the major sources of our problems.”
For those who don't know, atrophy is "the partial or complete wasting away of a part of the body."
Atrophy would certainly describe the Republican run House of Congress - just wasting away. And wasting your time, my time and our tax dollars.
"We’re earning our 11 percent popularity.”

Holy cow, when did Republicans get to double-digits in popularity? That's news to me. Sounds like a stretch.
bubba131

Saint Marys, GA

#18 Sep 23, 2013
Anon2 wrote:
Our own Congress critter got quoted nationwide today when discussing the upcoming Republican shutdown of the government.
“It’s total atrophy. We’re earning our 11 percent popularity” rating, said Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.), the leader of the latest group of lawmakers to try to forge a big debt deal.“It’s easier to talk about Obamacare than the major sources of our problems.”
For those who don't know, atrophy is "the partial or complete wasting away of a part of the body."
Atrophy would certainly describe the Republican run House of Congress - just wasting away. And wasting your time, my time and our tax dollars.
No adminstration in history has wasted as many tax dollars as the current one.
Has the budget deficit no TRIPLED??? Yes or No?

(its probably someone elses fault....we know about democrats and how they ALWAYS like to blame someone else.) LOL
bubba131

Saint Marys, GA

#19 Sep 24, 2013
Hmm no reply from my friend Anon.
I'll try again
Has the budget deficit not tripled since Obama (the inept) took office? Yes or No ?

(try hard not to blame it on someone else)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The media grilling Rep. Nunes 48 min Really 2
Border tax 1 hr Bill 1
Commissioners to hear variance on Cumberland Is... 2 hr Logic 53
Camden County, where the greeds of the few outw... 2 hr Robert Spock Says 10
Another mistake at Oscars 3 hr Mike Moore 1
The Winners are La-La Land and Hillary Clinton 4 hr Help us all 3
Osprey Cove is locking out non-resident members 5 hr Anon 35

Kingsland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kingsland Mortgages