Oakwell Armory Pistol Range
Ben Casey

United States

#41 Jun 12, 2012
I do have concern from them. Maybe I will let some shoot some of the deer out of my pea patch. As for hogs I have not seen a wild hog out here in 25 years or more. And again hunting is not the issue.
Anon

United States

#42 Jun 12, 2012
No your right. Hunting isn't the issue, it's the gunshots and with hunting there are also gunshots. You can't have it both ways Mr. Casey.
Ben Casey

Wheatland, WY

#43 Jun 12, 2012
Are you really this stupid? If there were only the number of shots needed to kill a deer or two per year coming from the shooting range then there would be no problem. You are beginning to bore me. LOL
Anon

United States

#44 Jun 12, 2012
Okay attack me if it makes you feel better. It still doesn't make your argument any better by doing so. I think I'll just agree to disagree with you, because now you are beginning to sound like the other Mr. Casey who was famous for attacking people when they chose to disagree with him. Guess the apples don't fall far from the tree.
Ben Casey

Wheatland, WY

#45 Jun 12, 2012
When did asking a question become an attack?
Ben Casey

Wheatland, WY

#46 Jun 12, 2012
Anon- a few gun shots would not bother anyone, it is the amount of gun shots per second, minute, hour, and day. The rate of fire. The level of fire. Not just one shot. With your reasoning if my neighbor shot just once I would be annoyed and that is not the case.
Well

United States

#47 Jun 12, 2012
But Ben wrote:
where is your concern for the poor trapped devils in Howard's mobile home park whose right to peaceful enjoyment of their rental estates will be disturbed by you and your relatives shooting deer and hogs?
Moreno, you haven't given a rats ass about anyone but yourself your entire life, so cut the crap.
observer

Woodbine, GA

#48 Jun 12, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>Okay well does the gunshot rule still apply during hunting season when said nephew hunts on the land in question???
Dear Tard,

If a man hunts with several thousand rounds in an assault rifle and blasts for 8 hour a day, you might have a point. But, since most hunters only shoot a few times a YEAR during the season, it makes your point like comparing an apple to a big pile of shit. The pile of shit (your point) doesnt fit on the food pyramid (comparable points to the apple). I cant make it any more plain and simple for you.
JUST ME

Saint Marys, GA

#49 Jun 13, 2012
Has anyone on here ever been close to this gun range ,,, bet not , when there is mutiple people out shooting it sounds like a war going on , so don't sit behind your monitor saying crap about someone or something you know nothing about , I've known Ben and his family and Howard and his for 25 years , Ben and his family should be able to enjoy there yard without gunfire , and so should anyone that lives close ,I've got an idea how bout Howard moves it out of town further west towards the river , you know out where he lives , if it's ok for the Casey's it's good enough for the Davis's , just saying , he's got plenty of land out there where the company had plants growing , or down by the river where Howard lives would be a great site , again , just saying !!!!
some where else

United States

#50 Jun 13, 2012
The people out there had to deal with gun noise one weekend in the first part of May and did not like it. This maybe why all who are in the running for that district live out there. One rents from Howard I think.
Anonymous

Kingsland, GA

#51 Jun 13, 2012
JUST ME wrote:
Has anyone on here ever been close to this gun range ,,, bet not , when there is mutiple people out shooting it sounds like a war going on , so don't sit behind your monitor saying crap about someone or something you know nothing about , I've known Ben and his family and Howard and his for 25 years , Ben and his family should be able to enjoy there yard without gunfire , and so should anyone that lives close ,I've got an idea how bout Howard moves it out of town further west towards the river , you know out where he lives , if it's ok for the Casey's it's good enough for the Davis's , just saying , he's got plenty of land out there where the company had plants growing , or down by the river where Howard lives would be a great site , again , just saying !!!!
Howard is just as entitled to have a business in town as Ben is entitled to his peace and quiet. Why should Howard be forced to shut down a "Booming" business; no pun intended, just to pacify a couple of people who are bothered by the noise. I live closer to the range than Ben does and the noise doesn't bother me. I have learned to tune it out. I know it is a lot louder over here than it is over where Ben lives. Learn to live with it.
Some where else

Kingsland, GA

#52 Jun 13, 2012
Business everywhere are having to abide by the noise laws in their area and the gun range should be no different
Tom

Saint Marys, GA

#53 Jun 14, 2012
Ben, didnt I read somewhere that the shooting range was not up to the county's standard or there was an issue that needing changing to bring them into compliance? I was just thinking of this issue and the scrap metal dealer in Kingsland that is having to close his business because he was issued a license in error. Not sure what is going on in Camden County. Guess Casey is not what it used to be here. Good Luck.
Sue

Kingsland, GA

#54 Jun 14, 2012
Some where else wrote:
Business everywhere are having to abide by the noise laws in their area and the gun range should be no different
Noise law, how bout quoting it?
Sue

Kingsland, GA

#55 Jun 14, 2012
Tom wrote:
Ben, didnt I read somewhere that the shooting range was not up to the county's standard or there was an issue that needing changing to bring them into compliance? I was just thinking of this issue and the scrap metal dealer in Kingsland that is having to close his business because he was issued a license in error. Not sure what is going on in Camden County. Guess Casey is not what it used to be here. Good Luck.
You need a title to crush cars. 1 title, 1 crush. Yes, I would say it was issued in error.
Ben Casey

United States

#56 Jun 14, 2012
Tom- the Armory never met what was set forth in the special use permit. I can not and will not list everything here at this time. Mr. Davis did not do what all he himself said he would do. One item was the size of the back berm. It was always to be 30' high or higher which would have made it twice as high as his building. Some of the back Berms may be at the correct height now.
Ben Casey

United States

#57 Jun 14, 2012
Hope this helps. There is more, but this is the heart of it.

The noise law is in the Camden County UDC. Division 2. Noise Control. Sec. 810. Loud; unnecessary; unusual. It shall be unlawful for any person to make, continue or cause to be made any loud, unnecessary or unusual noise or any noise that unreasonably or unnecessarily annoys, disturbs, injures or endangers the comfort, repose, health, peace or safety of others in the county.
Problem is

Kingsland, GA

#58 Jun 14, 2012
the sound of gunshots from a duly licensed firing range is neither unnecessary nor unusual.

Sorry, Ben but you will just have to hang your hat on the political cowardice of the county commissioners and hope that they feel that you Camden Casey's have enough poliitcal clout left, especially relative to Davis family cloutr, to hurt them if they go against you.
Ben Casey

United States

#59 Jun 14, 2012
I will have to disagree with you. It is legal to own a dog but if it is a nuisance that is unlawful. It is legal to own and play a radio but if it is a nuisance because it is played too loud it is unlawful. There are many legal things that can and do become a nuisance.
Ben Casey

United States

#60 Jun 14, 2012
And you omitted Loud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump is going down 18 hr 7 trumpets 15
Crews gets certified as a Fire Chief Mon Camden Sux Azz 6
Dukes of Iron MC (Jul '14) Mon Original Bob Says 33
north korea is not a threat Sun bill 1
Steppin Fetched days are over. Sun black savage 8
he has to go May 20 bill 1
where was the uproar? May 19 bill 1

Kingsland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance