First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Ben Casey

Cape Coral, FL

#227 Nov 15, 2012
By the judges order he is to shut down as soon as the county turns down the permit. I would have to say that Mr. Davis will not abide by this.
Reader

Saint Marys, GA

#228 Nov 15, 2012
He has to shut down as a business. What about him allowing friends to use his property freely. It is clear, people should have a place to practise safely. I often have concerns when I hear gun shots from practise in the wooded areas around here. All it takes is one stray bullet for disaster. Alot of people use wooded areas if the county. And I have called the police out to the house and was told "this is county". Unless I have been threatened there was nothing they could do. And with Christmas coming we get to worry not about the noise, which I can handle but a bullet missing a beer bottle that was set up as a target. I hope whoever is going to open a range now, hurries up. And if I had property of decent size, and based on activity and you thoughts on noise, one as to assume that this is a profitable business.
Old Tyme

Saint Marys, GA

#229 Nov 16, 2012
Reader wrote:
He has to shut down as a business. What about him allowing friends to use his property freely. It is clear, people should have a place to practise safely. I often have concerns when I hear gun shots from practise in the wooded areas around here. All it takes is one stray bullet for disaster. Alot of people use wooded areas if the county. And I have called the police out to the house and was told "this is county". Unless I have been threatened there was nothing they could do. And with Christmas coming we get to worry not about the noise, which I can handle but a bullet missing a beer bottle that was set up as a target. I hope whoever is going to open a range now, hurries up. And if I had property of decent size, and based on activity and you thoughts on noise, one as to assume that this is a profitable business.
Any disturbing the peace laws?(In the county)
Reader

Saint Marys, GA

#230 Nov 18, 2012
Old Tyme wrote:
<quoted text>Any disturbing the peace laws?(In the county)
I went in the codes and did not see one specific to gun fire. Did see the one on excessive barking dogs. And I grew up not mowing before 10am on Sunday mornings.(Not sure if that was my Father's law or just him teaching us to be respectful to neighbors on Sunday mornings). I understand that nuisance noise covers alot af areas and target practise in the woods would fall in that area. But I respect the our law enforcement pretty much have their hands tied in regards to tracking down folks in the woods making all that noise with all the other things they deal with. I know I sure as heck would not not wish to go trotting through the woods not knowing where the gun fire was coming from.
TIRED

Dalmatia, PA

#231 Nov 19, 2012
How about the LOUD MUSIC from CAPTIAN STAN'S here in Woodbine, this go's on sometimes past mid-night. I have talk to the owner Stan, about the noise, he said F the neigbors, he didn't care about them. What a jerk !
Clem

Woodbine, GA

#232 Nov 19, 2012
TIRED wrote:
How about the LOUD MUSIC from CAPTIAN STAN'S here in Woodbine, this go's on sometimes past mid-night. I have talk to the owner Stan, about the noise, he said F the neigbors, he didn't care about them. What a jerk !
Calm down Bob!!
George

Herndon, PA

#233 Nov 20, 2012
Is Oakwell open or closed , if it is open then what was all this voting about or for ?
Ben Casey

Kingsland, GA

#234 Nov 23, 2012
The store is open, but the gun range is closed.
I hear that they have very good prices on guns.

The letter to the editor in today's Tribune omits some facts. I thank God we live under the rule of law and not by mob rules. What most people fail to realize is that most of the errors that lead to this whole mess started with Mr. Peterson in the planing department. I think that if he had done his job correctly the original permit would not have been issued. Then he failed to enforce the requirements of the permit.
wow

Herndon, PA

#235 Nov 23, 2012
I refuse to purchase that one sided (fat hoe edited) rag so unless you can paste the story on here like jay turdeno I for one will never read it.

Since: Dec 12

Kingsland, GA

#236 Jan 5, 2013
Oakwell has the best prices within 100 miles and he just recieved a shipment. Go support a local business.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#237 Jan 5, 2013
Howard certainly did when I purchased my last pistol from him.

I'm sure part of the reason he sold for about a 10% mark-up was the anticipated revenues from purchasers buying ammo, targets, and range time.
Shooter pooter

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#238 Jan 5, 2013
Have heard that they have moved the range out to the end of Clarks Bluff Rd.
Whatever became of the range that was going to open in St. Marys?

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#239 Jan 5, 2013
Would-be owners refused to pay uinon wages. We just can't have that kind of thing around here. That and the $100,000 water-sewer connection fee.

Any Caseys at the end of Clarks Bluff Road?
xdm 45

Saint Marys, GA

#240 Jan 17, 2013
Funny how the Casey's didn't seem to mind the heavy equipment pushing trash at the landfill merely steps from their home, but guns shots half a mile away is too much too bear..........I'v Parked my truck on the side of the road by the caseys pond when shooting was going on to see how load it was..........I have to say that ben casey is full of shit!

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#241 Jan 17, 2013
You too?
beer maker

United States

#242 Jan 18, 2013
Yeah, him and others that live around there, the five county commissioners, the two of the planning board members who voted to deny the new permit (only three were there) are full of it.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
St Marys Employess Christmas Bonus 6 hr georgia lady 18
Melissa Boswell Weddings (Jan '10) 8 hr georgia lady 34
And so it starts.............. 8 hr Please 19
Any ladies watching the Hallmark Channel? 12 hr georgia lady 4
Has Jay been making an ad in the UK? 14 hr Nancy 8
Mayor DeBlasio, are you happy? 14 hr Sherlock Homeboy 2
JDA vs Private Business 16 hr Moreno Jay 9
Kingsland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Kingsland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Kingsland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kingsland

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:00 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:00PM
Panthers-Falcons tie would deliver division title to Carolina, in unusual way
ESPN 3:24 PM
Falcons WRs to CB Lewis: Back up trash talk
Bleacher Report 3:58 PM
Is This End of the Line for Brees in NOLA?
Bleacher Report 6:22 PM
Can NFC South Winner Steal Playoff Win?
NFL 8:59 PM
Falcons' turnaround sends them to brink of playoffs