First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Kingland Tax Payer

Saint Marys, GA

#1 Mar 9, 2014
How much money is Kingsland going to giv away on this project. I was told by a public work emploee that Kingland city crews started the project, then gave it to Charlie Hester Construction even though he was no low bid. They have milked the project for over a year , and now the Ga DOT is pulling there funding because time has expired. Why do we need a road through a swamp? Why doesnt Kingsland follow public bidding procedure? Why does the council allow public works to screw up some any project with out doing aything about it?
Oink Oink

Norcross, GA

#2 Mar 9, 2014
You got it part wrong. He was low bidder. Which is why you should never use low bidder. This project was pushed through by Kingdlands engineer P and A. Who has a vested interest in this road being built. Look who else owns kand along the route. Funny huh?
Kingland Tax Payer

Saint Marys, GA

#3 Mar 10, 2014
No, a another firm was low, Kingsland ejected there bid and gave it to Charlie. Now Charlie blames the problems on Kingsland public work. Public Work just wants to keep it quiet. I understand Kingsland is pying for all the delays with endless change orders. P&A is happy cause they get a cut of every change order.
why

Kingsland, GA

#4 Mar 10, 2014
Right now this project is 225% over budget. WHY????
Will council please address this?
The Watcher

Kingsland, GA

#5 Mar 10, 2014
You really want to get pissed, why not ask the city, why public works has used their equipment times over to bail Hester out. This is not including the feul for the trucks. The dirt alone was moved no less then four times back and forth from Refuse to the road site due to Hesters inability to build a propper road. Granted this is Bill Gross' friend so we know how that goes. The money spent or mostly wasted here is a reflection of why city workers have not had a raise in over 5 years. The real story is DOT kept failing the road because of subpar work and now all the sudden just last week it passed. These are questions that need to be addressed as well. One last thing is Hester and company couldn't get the job done on time and in budget, much less his crew showing up after 9A.M. and look at them go on the new store by the high school. I could keep going but in the end wanton waste will continue in the city that royaly screws you over.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#6 Mar 10, 2014
I thought the Mayor was just trying to close the car wash by Kmart. Kind of like Gov. Christe did in New Jersey. Instead of a day long lane closer mayor Smith has done a year long road closer of the car washes drive wa
The Watcher

Kingsland, GA

#7 Mar 10, 2014
No ill intent there from the mayor, just another POOR choice for the city. If he had to prioritize his concerns it would be that the North Center on 17 is rented out to friends or aquaintents on the cheap. As if the city needs to compete with local catering businesses. The counsel wont address this because they already know. They will continue to treat residents like mushrooms untill they are pulled out on the carpet for it.
Kingland Tax Payer

Saint Marys, GA

#8 Mar 11, 2014
I dont understand. There was a paved road by Kmart,that went to the car wash. The city tore it out and hired Charlie Hester to put it back. Its been over a year and Charlie has worked on it every day and cant put it back? Its 225% over budget? And they have only worked on a small section of it? The whole city must be on the take ,not just public works! Do they have a open check book with Hester? Is he getting paid by the hour or the job?
True

Saint Marys, GA

#9 Mar 11, 2014
Don't worry about poor management, bidding corruption or huge cost overruns. That's the reason for having Splost 7.
Oink Oink

Auburn, AL

#10 Mar 11, 2014
Time and material. Or by the hour. He has made out like a bandit.
anon

Saint Marys, GA

#11 Mar 11, 2014
So does he payoff public works? why do they do so much for him?
The Watcher

Kingsland, GA

#12 Mar 11, 2014
Time to demand a By-Line Audit and publish it so the taxpayers can see how the money is being wasted.
Kingsland Taxpayer

Saint Marys, GA

#13 Mar 12, 2014
I agree, but that will never happen. I assure you Public Works and City Hall will blame it on the DOT, They will ignore the fact that Hester was not low bid on the project. They will lie about public woks involement on the project,and lose any records of it. Then they will treaten any public work employee who talks about there involement on the project. Business as usual.
anon

Saint Marys, GA

#14 Mar 15, 2014
I saw someone working today, but they were taking equipment off he job!
Kingsland Taxpayer also

Saint Marys, GA

#15 Mar 17, 2014
I drive by this site everyday and nothng changes, how is the car wash staying open with there drive way closed for so long?
Passing through

Saint Marys, GA

#16 Mar 17, 2014
I do, too. The only change from day to day is the exact location EMS has to park to check out the day's accident victims.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#17 Mar 19, 2014
Has there been any talk at the council meetings about the cost over runs?
The Watcher

Kingsland, GA

#18 Mar 19, 2014
No, they are clueless at this point. The big concern is moving the Chamber of Commerce from Stank Marry's to the North Center on Hwy 17 by next Wednesday. Unanimous vote this morning to do it.
Jolly Roger

Kingsland, GA

#19 Mar 20, 2014
Hester is a POS that shouldn't be allowed to do anything more than haul dirt and clear home plots. Kingsland is getting what they deserve for using that pos. He never was and never will be, a true road construction guy. Maybe a driveway.....maybe.
The truth speaks

Kingsland, GA

#20 Mar 20, 2014
Jolly Roger wrote:
Hester is a POS that shouldn't be allowed to do anything more than haul dirt and clear home plots. Kingsland is getting what they deserve for using that pos. He never was and never will be, a true road construction guy. Maybe a driveway.....maybe.
No you really need to get over your anger. If you need to know his father just really passed away also. He is one of the honest, greatest construction companies around. Just ask around from his finished jobs. With all the rain we have had (if you have even noticed) any one would know that greatly holds up construction. The GADOT is the real pain and the holdup. Be a little more patient. When it raps up soon you will enjoy the alternate route from Gross road and RED Light that has been needed here for years. SO GET OVER IT. By the way if anyone needs land cleared call him you want regret it trust me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
St Marys Hospital Authority Audit 1 hr Voter 6
State Rep Race 10 hr Charlie 46
St Marys City Council 12 hr Crown Vic 7
St Marys Hospital Authority 15 hr Troy 33
Trump beats Obama in approval poll Mon Barnie 5
Thinking of moving to Kingsland area Mon roberta1 9
More good news for America and Democrats Sun Brassica Rapa 4

Kingsland Jobs

Personal Finance

Kingsland Mortgages