Comments
1 - 20 of 58 Comments Last updated Sunday Jul 20
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ListenToMe

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

St. Marys City Council passed a revised Noise Ordinance last Monday evening. Here is the best part:

Sec. 46-71 (c) No person shall so operate, play, or permit the operation or playing of any radio......

2.......which is plainly audible at a distance of 25 feet from a private motor vehicle, when such device is operated in or on a public right-of-way or public space.

So all you A holes who have your sub-woofers cranked up at the gas pump, the stop light, or while driving through my neighborhood with your windows down better get your check books ready.

Sec. 46-77 (c) Any person in violation of this Ordinance, upon conviction, shall be guilty of an ordinance violation punishable by a warning for the first offense and thereafter punishable by a fine of at least $500.00.........

Woo Hoo.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Corect me if I am wrong. I thought St Marys, as with most other cities, already had a noise ordinance.

No matter though, it will only be effective IF it is enforced.

I completely agree that there should be something done.
ListenToMe

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Really Not Yours wrote:
Corect me if I am wrong. I thought St Marys, as with most other cities, already had a noise ordinance.
No matter though, it will only be effective IF it is enforced.
I completely agree that there should be something done.
Yes, St. Marys had a noise Ordinance. It was very difficult to enforce as it was written. The newly REVISED ordinance is much easier to enforce and the minimum fine was raised to $500.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 3, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

On the third offense, the offender's picture should be placed into the T&G with permission for the general public to shoot the son-of-a-bitch for any further offenses.
ak47shooter

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 3, 2013
 
Why do you always want to shoot someone...

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Do you hunt squirrels with that AK-47, A-hole
TaxDude

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 3, 2013
 
ListenToMe wrote:
St. Marys City Council passed a revised Noise Ordinance last Monday evening. Here is the best part:
Sec. 46-71 (c) No person shall so operate, play, or permit the operation or playing of any radio......
2.......which is plainly audible at a distance of 25 feet from a private motor vehicle, when such device is operated in or on a public right-of-way or public space.
So all you A holes who have your sub-woofers cranked up at the gas pump, the stop light, or while driving through my neighborhood with your windows down better get your check books ready.
Sec. 46-77 (c) Any person in violation of this Ordinance, upon conviction, shall be guilty of an ordinance violation punishable by a warning for the first offense and thereafter punishable by a fine of at least $500.00.........
Woo Hoo.
Wish you had printed the entire section. What you said really said nothing.
rugburn

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 3, 2013
 
TaxDude wrote:
<quoted text>Wish you had printed the entire section. What you said really said nothing.
He was probably typing it from a handout or a copy of the ordinance. Did you really want him to type the whole thing?

If you are really interested, you might be able to get a copy from the police or Roger Weaver at Building and Planning.

Rest assured, the ordinance was not revised for no reason. There have been problems lately with noise in the city and the people making the noise have thumbed their nose at the people complaining about the noise and have made no efforts to tone it down. If you attended City Council meetings you would know.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Moreno Jay wrote:
On the third offense, the offender's picture should be placed into the T&G with permission for the general public to shoot the son-of-a-bitch for any further offenses.
Will this apply to those with convertibles, listening to Jimmy Buffet, audible at 25 feet?

Teenagers listening to the stereo too loud at a stop light at 40 & 40?

Brooks & Dunn, too loud in a pickup truck?

Or does it only apply to black savages in hoopdees...in Cumberland Oaks and the Pines?

And what about "excessive noise" on Topix? Do we need an Internet Trooper, or is the decision made by popular vote?

If so, you might be in trouble.

internet muscle guy

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Moreno Jay wrote:
Do you hunt squirrels with that AK-47, A-hole
Yep. Big, fat, arrogant, stinky, foul-mouthed internet squirrels.

TaxDude

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 3, 2013
 
rugburn wrote:
<quoted text>
He was probably typing it from a handout or a copy of the ordinance. Did you really want him to type the whole thing?
If you are really interested, you might be able to get a copy from the police or Roger Weaver at Building and Planning.
Rest assured, the ordinance was not revised for no reason. There have been problems lately with noise in the city and the people making the noise have thumbed their nose at the people complaining about the noise and have made no efforts to tone it down. If you attended City Council meetings you would know.
The noise ordnace is on line and quite lengthy. It is also 2012 version.
ak47shooter

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

To tell you the truth I do not own an AK47. I do own several others from my .22 squirrel shooter on up. Do you need an anger management class? And you wonder why so few voted for you. Some of your ideas are spot on but you are just such a butt the way you act on here. Are you sure you are not a teenager trapped in an old mans body. Sucks I am out of beer again.....
rugburn

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 3, 2013
 
TaxDude wrote:
<quoted text>The noise ordnace is on line and quite lengthy. It is also 2012 version.
Looks to me like you have 2 choices;
(1) Wait until the new revision is on line.
(2) Go visit Roger Weaver and get the latest revision.
wrecker

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 3, 2013
 
ListenToMe wrote:
St. Marys City Council passed a revised Noise Ordinance last Monday evening. Here is the best part:
Sec. 46-71 (c) No person shall so operate, play, or permit the operation or playing of any radio......
2.......which is plainly audible at a distance of 25 feet from a private motor vehicle, when such device is operated in or on a public right-of-way or public space.
So all you A holes who have your sub-woofers cranked up at the gas pump, the stop light, or while driving through my neighborhood with your windows down better get your check books ready.
Sec. 46-77 (c) Any person in violation of this Ordinance, upon conviction, shall be guilty of an ordinance violation punishable by a warning for the first offense and thereafter punishable by a fine of at least $500.00.........
Woo Hoo.
does this include the head of southpork out on pt. peter rd. bent over screaming yes in the city council chambers in closed door session.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Does anyone have any idea who or what this guy is talking about?
BackPorchBand

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 4, 2013
 
ListenToMe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, St. Marys had a noise Ordinance. It was very difficult to enforce as it was written. The newly REVISED ordinance is much easier to enforce and the minimum fine was raised to $500.
Here's another excerpt from the newly revised noise ordinance:

Sec. 46-71.(c) Except for activities for which A PERMIT HAS BEEN ISSUED BY THE CITY UNDER THIS SECTION, no person shall.........

1. Create a noise across a residential real property line. Bars, taverns, lounges, nightclubs, dance halls, game-rooms, and similar activities which produce a noise that is plainly audible beyond the premises shall be deemed a noise disturbance in violation of this division.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I see in today's T&G that he impetus for the new noise ordinance was the loud music coming from the
trash band playing on the deck of the sewer-side restaurant and disturbing the folks on the bluff in Shadowlawn.
ak47shooter

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

What about the police gun range? Will they enforce it upon themselves? What about other types of businesses that may create noise, such as auto repair?
The county codes also restrict industry by not allowing noise to cross property lines.
ListenToMe

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 5, 2013
 
ak47shooter said: "What about the police gun range? Will they enforce it upon themselves? What about other types of businesses that may create noise, such as auto repair?
The county codes also restrict industry by not allowing noise to cross property lines."

Sec.46-68 - Exceptions

9. The emission of sound in the discharge of weapons at a firing range issued a permit by the city.
AkTard

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 5, 2013
 
Bahhah farking AK guy is a TARD .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kingsland Discussions

Search the Kingsland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 6 min rename 49,682
Residential car lots 9 hr Jay Moreno 93
Hardcases at B&B Custom Hardscapes 17 hr Karmacita 27
Which pest control? Thu Jolly Roger 4
kingsland adventure park Wed anon 69
Can the President be recalled? (Jul '09) Jul 22 joker 37
The new "OPS" location (Dec '13) Jul 21 Wrinkletard 52
•••
•••
•••
•••

Kingsland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Kingsland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Kingsland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kingsland
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••