Illegal Cumberland Island Constructio...

Illegal Cumberland Island Construction Continues

There are 127 comments on the www.tribune-georgian.com story from Jul 20, 2007, titled Illegal Cumberland Island Construction Continues. In it, www.tribune-georgian.com reports that:

Contractors continued to work illegally this week on a private residence on Cumberland Island. via Http

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.tribune-georgian.com.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Rose

Strong, ME

#1 Jul 20, 2007
Hi Rick,

Here's a good thread to get some comments on.

“Shy”

Since: Jul 07

Kingsland, GA

#2 Jul 20, 2007
Jenkins, Bill smith and that whole gang think they can do whatever they want. It is wonder ful they are trying to make a wheelchair bound person's life better, but that does not give them the right to thumb their noses up at all of us poor taxpayers and just keep doing what they are without the right paperwork, permits. etc.
mikeandike

Phillips, ME

#3 Jul 22, 2007
I can't believe this rhetoric is between
consciously sane people. Do you not have
something intellegent to complain about? There
are far more important issues that you are
drawing attention away from!
mikeandike

Phillips, ME

#4 Jul 22, 2007
Why does doing good for handicapped people
make problems? The good people doing the work circumvented polital red tape, gah, gah! They
volunteered knuckle heads!
Rick Rogers

United States

#5 Jul 23, 2007
mikeandike wrote:
Why does doing good for handicapped people
make problems? The good people doing the work circumvented polital red tape, gah, gah! They
volunteered knuckle heads!
Dumb and Dumber,
have you ever built a home without a building permit. The laws (not red tape) are there for a reason. Every hospital built in this country has had a building permit. So what you are saying as long as it is for a good cause we should just ignore the law. Everyone knows this is a stunt for Jenkins (who Bill Smith lied in court to protect)to stay on the island past 2010. Why would the Sheperd Center pay 60,000 to have this built if they could only use it for 2-1/2 years. After it is built and a few people use it. The Sheperd center will ask congress for an extension to stay. And of course Mr. Jemkins will stay on to help out. A win win sitution. And what about the illegal use of trustys even after they were told to stop work the Sheriff ignores the county and continues to send the trustys. But you know it all so just keep spinning your lies, they will come back to bite you.
Rick Rogers

United States

#6 Jul 24, 2007
Check out the Good ole boys's
www.schoolpolice.blogspot.com
concerned in Camden Co

United States

#7 Jul 24, 2007
I think a permit is a good idea, but who cares if the prisoners are used? Why not, and why dont we see them picking up trash on the roadsides and cleaning the ditches like they use to do when we were younger? I will tell you why, because society dont want to see convicts or prisoners, they think they are being mistreated, they need to let the non violent offenders out and do some work around this community. We pay for them to sit in jail, I'd much rather see them working for their crimes! Another thing, having this investigated by the National Park service big shots is a waste of money, how much do you think its cost the taxpayers to put the investigators in a motel, feed them, and transport them here? I bet a lot more than it cost to build something for the needy!!
shyshy

United States

#8 Jul 24, 2007
I thought the prisoners got paid something?
Rick Rogers

United States

#9 Jul 25, 2007
concerned in Camden Co wrote:
I think a permit is a good idea, but who cares if the prisoners are used? Why not, and why dont we see them picking up trash on the roadsides and cleaning the ditches like they use to do when we were younger? I will tell you why, because society dont want to see convicts or prisoners, they think they are being mistreated, they need to let the non violent offenders out and do some work around this community. We pay for them to sit in jail, I'd much rather see them working for their crimes! Another thing, having this investigated by the National Park service big shots is a waste of money, how much do you think its cost the taxpayers to put the investigators in a motel, feed them, and transport them here? I bet a lot more than it cost to build something for the needy!!
I would rather see them work also. But these guys are working on private land. This is an addition to someones private home that the Sheperd Center is flipping the bill for. Something illegal is going on here and it will come out. If Bill Smith would allow all private citizens to use these guys that is fine, but we don't all have access to the trusty's so therefore I can assume he does this to buy votess. That is why this criminal has been in office for so long.
shyshy

Norridgewock, ME

#10 Jul 25, 2007
Good observations Rick. But remember this is the deep deep South and Sheriffs do tend to go bad.
spec op

Jasper, GA

#11 Jul 28, 2007
shyshy wrote:
Good observations Rick. But remember this is the deep deep South and Sheriffs do tend to go bad.
they just good ol boys

Since: May 07

Adair, OK

#12 Jul 30, 2007
Camden's Most Wanted At:

www.schoolpolice.blogspot.com
Spec op

Jasper, GA

#13 Aug 3, 2007
work is to stop IAW federal investagators
Rick Rogers

United States

#14 Aug 3, 2007
Gee,
If they weren't breaking the law. Why would they issue a stop work order.

Will Bill Smith ignore this order as well.

Bill Smith is making a good organization look really bad. Sorry Sheperd center, but I warned you this guy was bad news.
Bill Smith Supporter

North Anson, ME

#15 Aug 10, 2007
RICK, HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ARRESTED? WOULD YOU LIKE FOR ME TO POST YOUR JAIL HOUSE PHOTO ON HERE, SO MAYBE THESE PEOPLE WILL SEE WHY U ARE MAD,,, GIVE IT UP DUDE AND GET A JOB.
Rick Rogers

United States

#16 Aug 10, 2007
Go ahead.
Rick Rogers

United States

#17 Aug 10, 2007
I why don't you use your real name so I can tell them every thing you have done.

Oh and buy the way I have the drug fund money audit, I wonder if your name appears on it.
Bill Smith Supporter

North Anson, ME

#18 Aug 10, 2007
Brother, I can promise you my name is not on it. Rick, I am not trying to argue with you. but you post alot of false statements. You are in the right neighborhood, but you are at the wrong house. I could write a book about Camden S.O.,, and I will say you have uncovered some stuff that is good,, but you already assume I am a bad guy, and do not even know who I am. I just want facts stated, not rumors. It appears you have an axe to grind, and the first thing that is said about you is your mad because of your brush with the law.. Tommy Gregory worked there for many years. Why did Tommy leave,, no one ask that question. Was the sheriffs office by the book untill the day he left? i do not think so. Rich Gamble with no blemishes or ties to camden did not receive hardly any votes,, No one believed what he pointed out. I do not know how you could support Tommy,,, He was a part of that dept for many years,,
Rick Rogers

United States

#19 Aug 10, 2007
Brush with what law the KPD. The only person i don't like at the KPD is the middle school resource officer and that is because of what she said to my daughter and you would be mad also, but that has nothing to do with Smith.

I have paid my fines and everything the court order me to do. Hell I pleaded guilty. Because I was.
End of story.

Let me ask you this why did Dalton Gillette quit the Sheriff's Office, It was because Bill Smith told him to ignore warrants from other counties. Mainly against his friend Jenkins. In which Smith lied in court. That makes him a good man?
Rick Rogers

United States

#20 Aug 10, 2007
Please,
If I have something wrong tell me what it is and I will fix it as long as you have the proof.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
St Marys widows, single, and often, married wom... 1 hr Jorge 8
Crime 1 hr Jorge 6
huge turn over at k.p.d. (Aug '16) 1 hr Not Anon 11
The Top 10 Global Warming Lies of the Left (Sep '15) 2 hr Moreno Jay 4
Commissioners to hear variance on Cumberland Is... 5 hr pac man 59
Looking back.......... 6 hr The Real Epic Josh 4
Salt, Pepper, and Thyme 13 hr I Remember 27

Kingsland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance