First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hmm

Kingsland, GA

#1 Dec 6, 2012
Why is it so difficult to find jobs in this city?
Trigger

Calhoun City, MS

#2 Dec 6, 2012
Because there are no jobs here unless you want to flip burgers or wait tables. The economy here has tanked like it has everywhere else.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#3 Dec 6, 2012
Hmm wrote:
Why is it so difficult to find jobs in this city?
The old union hands from the defunct mill have worked dilligently to politically block the arrival of any market wage jobs, especially retail jobs. Apparently, they will only get behind overpaid union jobs.

I'm sure you appreciate their protecting you from the horrors of non-union employment.
Really

Kingsland, GA

#4 Dec 6, 2012
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
The old union hands from the defunct mill have worked dilligently to politically block the arrival of any market wage jobs, especially retail jobs. Apparently, they will only get behind overpaid union jobs.
I'm sure you appreciate their protecting you from the horrors of non-union employment.
One example please.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#5 Dec 6, 2012
Where to start?

The shopping center at Exit 6.

The amusement park at Exit 3.

And anything else that wants to locate here and not be extorted by union wages.

If the "space center" materializes as a real possibility, it will also be opposed if it is not unionized.

Have you been living under a rock since the mill closed or what?
Really

Kingsland, GA

#6 Dec 6, 2012
So now you have developed a new conspiracy theory involving the old union hands. I suggest first pulling your head out of your ass and take a good look at Keating and the JDA. The only thing they bring us are pipe dreams and crooks.

Most of the union hands moved either north or south to find work. ANY WORK.

"The university’s Selig Center for Economic Growth in the Terry College of Business prepared the forecast, which calls for the Brunswick area’s employment to grow by 2.3 percent in 2013"

What about us Mr. Keating?

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#7 Dec 6, 2012
Really wrote:
So now you have developed a new conspiracy theory involving the old union hands. I suggest first pulling your head out of your ass and take a good look at Keating and the JDA. The only thing they bring us are pipe dreams and crooks.
Most of the union hands moved either north or south to find work. ANY WORK.
"The university’s Selig Center for Economic Growth in the Terry College of Business prepared the forecast, which calls for the Brunswick area’s employment to grow by 2.3 percent in 2013"
What about us Mr. Keating?
Suggestion: Call David and tell him that you would like to sit down with him, have him report to you what his strategy is and what he has done and plans to do. Then you can tell how how he's going about it the wrong way and how you would do it.

I'm totally serious. I know David. He would be more than happy to meet with you.
Really

Kingsland, GA

#8 Dec 6, 2012
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Suggestion: Call David and tell him that you would like to sit down with him, have him report to you what his strategy is and what he has done and plans to do. Then you can tell how how he's going about it the wrong way and how you would do it.
I'm totally serious. I know David. He would be more than happy to meet with you.
And would Davy also be happy giving me his 82k plus salary for doing his job?
Concerned citizen

Woodbine, GA

#9 Dec 6, 2012
Jay, I don't normally agree with you, but I think you hit it right on the head with this one. Reality of it is, the jobs at the base are going away, or at least not growing, the mill is gone and anytime there is a good idea, it doesn't happen (i.e. olive garden, the mall, the entertainment place). Could you imagine a Hooters here?!?!

For whatever reason, the old gang (both Kingsland and St. Mary's city counsel's) don't want to change the way it's always been. Well, if they don't look to the future, this area will never improve.

What did lovetown get us? Nothing... Really, all those other city's that were in the running sat back and said "thank God they didn't pick us, look how stupid they look." What corporation will really want to come here after that disgrace?

Anyway, I hope the councils get their act's together and try to promote some "real" businesses to come here. Bringing movie productions here is great, but it doesn't bring jobs....

I do hear the prison is hiring consistently out in Folkston....
Really

United States

#10 Dec 7, 2012
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been taunting the story of David's effectiveness for what, about 6 years. To this date he has produced how many jobs? He has made how many announcements, to no avail? He has endorsed how many piped reams via Charlie Smith, Cecily Hill and Druryland?

You should go sit down with David to get a update on the above. This will enable you to freshen up your sucking up!!!!
Really

Kingsland, GA

#11 Dec 7, 2012
Moreno is just another example of our entitlement society. When your income exists off the tit of the government (TAX PAYERS) your standards drasticly change.

If Keating brought his track record into the business world who would hire him? Sweet talk gets you nothing it's all about numbers.

Very few people in government demand results just revenue increases to sustain the status quo.
Just Saying

United States

#12 Dec 7, 2012
Scroll to the top of this page.... they are listed in the right hand column.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#13 Dec 7, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been taunting the story of David's effectiveness for what, about 6 years. To this date he has produced how many jobs? He has made how many announcements, to no avail? He has endorsed how many piped reams via Charlie Smith, Cecily Hill and Druryland?
You should go sit down with David to get a update on the above. This will enable you to freshen up your sucking up!!!!
Actually, I interviewed David for 45 minutes about a month ago as part of a paper I did on JDA for a public management class.

Why are you such an arsshole?

By the way, this is the second time you have written "taunting" when the word you were looking for was "touting," but YOU would not hire David! You ignaorant ass, David could take a small caliber round through the frointal lobes, live, and have a higher residual IQ than you and most of your fellow arssholes on Topix.
Only some

Kingsland, GA

#14 Dec 7, 2012
Concerned citizen wrote:
Jay, I don't normally agree with you, but I think you hit it right on the head with this one. Reality of it is, the jobs at the base are going away, or at least not growing, the mill is gone and anytime there is a good idea, it doesn't happen (i.e. olive garden, the mall, the entertainment place). Could you imagine a Hooters here?!?!
For whatever reason, the old gang (both Kingsland and St. Mary's city counsel's) don't want to change the way it's always been. Well, if they don't look to the future, this area will never improve.
What did lovetown get us? Nothing... Really, all those other city's that were in the running sat back and said "thank God they didn't pick us, look how stupid they look." What corporation will really want to come here after that disgrace?
Anyway, I hope the councils get their act's together and try to promote some "real" businesses to come here. Bringing movie productions here is great, but it doesn't bring jobs....
I do hear the prison is hiring consistently out in Folkston....
Give a example or two of how Kingslands council is not wanting things to change. I believe they have listened to proposals on three different TADS and two different redevelopment plans in the last month alone. Show me, don't tell me....
Really

United States

#15 Dec 7, 2012
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I interviewed David for 45 minutes about a month ago as part of a paper I did on JDA for a public management class.
By the way, this is the second time you have written "taunting" when the word you were looking for was "touting," but YOU would not hire David! You ignaorant ass, David could take a small caliber round through the frointal lobes, live, and have a higher residual IQ than you and most of your fellow arssholes on Topix.
No you ignOrant ass!!!!! The words I wanted to use is taunting!!! As I feel that's your purpose for insulting others with your nonsensical crap about your non effective hero.
Really

United States

#16 Dec 7, 2012
Taunting- to provoke or harass with insulting remarks. You're welcome, now you can continue sucking.
Really

United States

#17 Dec 7, 2012
Arse, ignoarant and frointal!!!! All by the spell genius!!!! You truly are a special case. However not special enough to be hired anywhere!!!! Keep sucking......

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#18 Dec 7, 2012
Apparently, your guess that none of the other boobs on here knew the definition and proper use for "taunt" was correct.

Of course, you knew as soon as you Googled it that you were indeed a fool.

Did you think to Google, "tout," fool, so that you will not show your ignorance again? Probably not.

How about the JDA montly board meeting? Please, show up there and tell them the right way to bring a major industry to Camden in this economy with this socalist idiot in the White House. Be sure to invite the press for your revelation.
Truth is

United States

#20 Dec 7, 2012
Jay Moreno you are indeed pathetic!!!! He probably googled it to give you the definition as written. And you did exactly what was expected
"googled it"
Really

United States

#21 Dec 8, 2012
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you want to taunt us with word usage. Get over yourself!!!! This mentality is WHY none of those you "suck up" to will employ you.

First you get all the education needed in a field that actually has a lot of jobs in the surrounding area. EDUCATION!!!! But no one and I said no one will employ you.

Now on the same government tit you're pursuing all the education needed in the second largest employment pool. Healthcare Management, County/City Management and Private sector. With a masters in public administration no one and I said no one will employ you.

Lastly, the attitude that proceeds you will prevent any entrepreneurial venture you desire from EVER being successful!!! Although you enjoy taunting all the actual restaurateurs locally, no one and I said no one would patronize your establishment.

Therefore we welcome your taunting, as we realize, you don't have a life and really need us. Although you frequently insult the very ones you need.

There seems to be a pattern in your miserable existence. No one and I said no one ever cared enough in your pitiful 60+ years to have an intervention. Thank goodness you discovered topix before your dismal end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 21 min Jemima 55,550
"French" it ain't. 44 min FoodDude 16
So this is who you want on the council? 3 hr Bob 7
MORONO's Campaign Literature 4 hr flip flop 15
JDA Scam 18 hr Art Garrate 4
Tenn. fireman suspected of murder arrested in C... Thu RNeck 2
The Micheal Brown case will be judged fairly Tue li li 2
•••
•••
•••

Kingsland Jobs

•••
•••