Herron leaving camden couty

Herron leaving camden couty

Posted in the Kingsland Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
cotton clean

Kingsland, GA

#1 Jan 16, 2012
Heard he will take a job as a offensive co-ordinator for a college.
GOOD BYE!!!!!!!!!!
SELF-CENTERED PERSON
Sue

Kingsland, GA

#2 Jan 16, 2012
Football or politics?
wthmfer

United States

#3 Jan 16, 2012
Self centered huh? Wow! This guy poured his heart and soul into teaching kids discipline, respect, teamwork, the rewards of hard work and dedication, and perseverance. The byproduct of this was building a nationally ranked high school football team, along with several kids earning scholarships to schools that they would have never been able to go to otherwise because somebody had the willingness to take the time and help build a solid foundation of the qualities needed to succeed in a high demand atmosphere. Yep, that sounds like a self centered person to me. The people he has helped for the better number in the thousands. The teamwork skills taught on the football field in middle and high school help break down the walls of class, race, creed, and religion. It teaches kids to recognize qualities in others, and not judge by outer appearance, or skin color, or the clothes they wear. Even if these kids never get a scholarship, they are better prepared for life than ones who have never played a sport. I think the self centered person is the one who started this crap thread, because they didnt get things their way, so they come here to whine and down the person standing where they wish they could be, with a head held high and pride in what they have accomplished. People who want everything handed to them and are to lazy to do for themselves always confuse those traits for being self centered.
Camden Sux

Saint Marys, GA

#4 Jan 16, 2012
Oh yeah, well tell that crap to the scores of kids who never caught a pass, returned a punt or threw a TD because he refused to let the kids shine! His ego wouldn't let his coaches or players play to their potential!!!!!!!

Guess the fact that Camden has to play real competition each week will expose us for the Team we really are.

He is a good man, just could do so much more to get our kids scholarships if he wasn't so dam stubborn.
wthmfer

United States

#5 Jan 16, 2012
Camden Sux wrote:
Oh yeah, well tell that crap to the scores of kids who never caught a pass, returned a punt or threw a TD because he refused to let the kids shine! His ego wouldn't let his coaches or players play to their potential!!!!!!!
Guess the fact that Camden has to play real competition each week will expose us for the Team we really are.
He is a good man, just could do so much more to get our kids scholarships if he wasn't so dam stubborn.
This guy had more guys on the sidelines in pads than almost any other team in the state. Most teams have half of what he had. They got the same training, letter jacket, and everything else the others did. Its a team playing a competitive sport, to win. Whats wrong with that? Some people have shine in football, some dont. Its just like anything else on the planet, some get it, some dont. If you gave the shine away to everyone, what good would it be for those that worked hard to polish that shine?
Yep

Fernandina Beach, FL

#6 Jan 17, 2012
Well, all I can say is my son is a better person today for being on the football team. He graduated in 2003 and team skills and attitude learned from Jeff Herron and his staff have benefitted him to this day. To the originator of this post: I am sure Jeff has done more for the youth and community as a whole here in his tenure at CCHS than you could ever accomplish in three lifetimes.
Jockless in St Marys

Dornsife, PA

#7 Jan 17, 2012
OMG!
What WILL we do?
noname

Saint Marys, GA

#8 Jan 17, 2012
Bull..... Now if you would have said defensive coordinator I might have believe it!!!!
Camden Sux

United States

#9 Jan 17, 2012
I will give you an example of just how one kid was held back and not given the chance to shine, just one out of many. Deangelo Smith was good enough to play for the Gamecocks but only had 14 catches his entire 4 years at Camden, 6 of those for TD's.

Had it not been the fact that this kid had close friend and family connections to Coach Spurrier he would never have been worked out and looked at by this D-1 school. This kid had 14 catches, get that, 14 catches in 4 years as a receiver. He had no substantial film to show potential schools and his stats could not compare to kids who were thrown the ball 14 times a damn game!

Now compare Camden to a school like Stephenson who has never won a State Championship and they routinely place at least 25+ kids into colleges each year. We get 7-10 maybe a year for all our support and 3 State rings.

So tell me again how great this program and Coach is? I would rather not be Nationally ranked and have more kids in college than what we got now, period!
Just wow

Herndon, PA

#10 Jan 17, 2012
If you had any idea what you were talking about you would realize we send almost 20kids a year to college on football scholarships each year. These kids don't all go to DI schools, but they get an education and that is what is most important, because not a lot of kids make it to the NFL.. So you need to check your facts.

We run a wing-t offense the kids know this from day 1 in middle school, so WR's are not going to get a lot of catches in this offense, if they don't like the offense then they should transfer to a different school. 3 state titles, nationally ranked every year, playing on ESPN every year, you don't think that is a big deal? Who do you think sees these type of things college scouts.

If the kid is good enough to play at a d1 school they will get the chance because of the things Herron does. Brice Ramsey got offered a scholarship before he ever started a game, and he is in a wingt offense. Their are camps these kids can go to. Also don't think Herron does not pick up the phone and call these colleges and push for kids to go to a college.

Herron has done more for Camden football, and his players than any other coach has ever done here and ever will.

He is not going any where. He is a defensive coach first off, and he has a son in HS that he will not move outta here.

Wow again some ppl.
Anon

Herndon, PA

#11 Jan 17, 2012
sent 11 players to college in 2010, sent 12 to college in 2011, and we will send more this year to college. Above poster is right check your facts before you say stupid things.
Yep

United States

#12 Jan 17, 2012
Camden Sux wrote:
I will give you an example of just how one kid was held back and not given the chance to shine, just one out of many. Deangelo Smith was good enough to play for the Gamecocks but only had 14 catches his entire 4 years at Camden, 6 of those for TD's.
Had it not been the fact that this kid had close friend and family connections to Coach Spurrier he would never have been worked out and looked at by this D-1 school. This kid had 14 catches, get that, 14 catches in 4 years as a receiver. He had no substantial film to show potential schools and his stats could not compare to kids who were thrown the ball 14 times a damn game!
Now compare Camden to a school like Stephenson who has never won a State Championship and they routinely place at least 25+ kids into colleges each year. We get 7-10 maybe a year for all our support and 3 State rings.
So tell me again how great this program and Coach is? I would rather not be Nationally ranked and have more kids in college than what we got now, period!
Your point about recruiting is taken. The fact that Stephenson holds the record for recruits in a single year is noted as well. I will dispute the accuracy of your claim that Stephenson routinely places 25 plus players a year though. This years team has 9 players with offers from D1 schools. Stephenson's coach is an amazing man for sure. He is a businessman who volunteers his time, something truly unheard of in HS football. None the less, Herron is a good coach, mentor and teacher. Could he do better at helping players get exposure? I guess you made your point. Could we do
worse? You know the answer to that. I'm
Glad Smith got his chance with the Gamecocks. But you know as well as I do that there are players in the NFL today that were walk-ons in college. Talent and ability speak for themselves at the college level. I agree with your statement regarding recruiting, I just disagree your assertion that Herron and the program are worthless. Just a side note: I have a nephew who walked on his freshman year at Ole Miss. He started his last three years. Anyway, your point is taken and there is always room for improvement.
Yep

United States

#13 Jan 17, 2012
With all I said from my soapbox above, I have to make a correction. My son graduated in '04 not '03. And I still think that Jeff Herron is an asset to the football community and has brought more for the citizens of Camden to rally around than anyone else I can think of. He coaches a team that draws more fans to one football game than the presidential election draws voters to the polls.
anon

Saint Marys, GA

#14 Jan 17, 2012
Jockless in St Marys wrote:
OMG! What WILL we do?
DO nothing this is all bullshit.
Andy

United States

#15 Jan 17, 2012
Camden Sux wrote:
I will give you an example of just how one kid was held back and not given the chance to shine, just one out of many. Deangelo Smith was good enough to play for the Gamecocks but only had 14 catches his entire 4 years at Camden, 6 of those for TD's.
Had it not been the fact that this kid had close friend and family connections to Coach Spurrier he would never have been worked out and looked at by this D-1 school. This kid had 14 catches, get that, 14 catches in 4 years as a receiver. He had no substantial film to show potential schools and his stats could not compare to kids who were thrown the ball 14 times a damn game!
Now compare Camden to a school like Stephenson who has never won a State Championship and they routinely place at least 25+ kids into colleges each year. We get 7-10 maybe a year for all our support and 3 State rings.
So tell me again how great this program and Coach is? I would rather not be Nationally ranked and have more kids in college than what we got now, period!
So based on your criteria we should throw the ball more and lose more so we can send a few more receivers to college ??? What a dumba$$!!!!
Camden Sux

Saint Marys, GA

#16 Jan 17, 2012
List the 20 players each year that get a scholly to play football. I dare you!

Just wow you sir are full of horse manure! Your facts are not correct! Half those 10 scolly's are walk on or partial scolly's. You can drop to your knees and worship if you like, but if I were a kid I would want the chance to show my talents.

Sorry we run the wing-t, not gonna let you throw or catch a pass, what a bunch of horse manure!

Andy you are a dumbass and prolly played the skin flute behind the bleechers. Yes receivers deserve a chance to get a scolly, ever seen one given to a receiver for blocking, doofus?

You people are ignorant.
Camden Sux

Saint Marys, GA

#17 Jan 17, 2012
Stepehenson has an 80% scolly rate for Seniors the last 2 years.

So now what were you all saying?

Blah blah blah we run the wing-t which does exactly nothing to prepare a kid for college football. So now you know why we get so little gain for all our support and the ones getting screwed are the kids!

If you morons are Ok saying we win SC then we are missing thE point! Most kids are not reaping the rewards for their efforts!

Big woop one damn guy got a scolly to a D-1 all hail the King! You guys are backward asses for real!

Read and educate yourself lemmings! Care to comment now?

http://neilcopeland.com/...

Check please!
faux

Saint Marys, GA

#18 Jan 17, 2012
Just wow wrote:
If you had any idea what you were talking about you would realize we send almost 20kids a year to college on football scholarships each year. These kids don't all go to DI schools, but they get an education and that is what is most important, because not a lot of kids make it to the NFL.. So you need to check your facts.
We run a wing-t offense the kids know this from day 1 in middle school, so WR's are not going to get a lot of catches in this offense, if they don't like the offense then they should transfer to a different school. 3 state titles, nationally ranked every year, playing on ESPN every year, you don't think that is a big deal? Who do you think sees these type of things college scouts.
If the kid is good enough to play at a d1 school they will get the chance because of the things Herron does. Brice Ramsey got offered a scholarship before he ever started a game, and he is in a wingt offense. Their are camps these kids can go to. Also don't think Herron does not pick up the phone and call these colleges and push for kids to go to a college.
Herron has done more for Camden football, and his players than any other coach has ever done here and ever will.
He is not going any where. He is a defensive coach first off, and he has a son in HS that he will not move outta here.
Wow again some ppl.
Brice Ramsey really???? Him and his parents did all of his recruiting! Brice has been traveling to compete since he was in the 8th grade and visiting colleges from the east to west coasts as well not from Herron calling but from his parents taking control!
Anon

United States

#19 Jan 18, 2012
This is the best news for Camden County. Herron is a complete narcissist!! He is bolting because his true colors would have been exposed this year. He would have for the first time been force to play real competition all year. Therefore his visions of 2oo players at $400-$800(mandatory offensive & defensive camps to be on the team) a piece to be on his elitist team are no longer important.
Tom

United States

#20 Jan 18, 2012
You know there's always one in the bunch. Someone who couldn't coach a bowling ball out of a wet paper bag. But behind a anon moniker can criticize and throw low blows without fear of people finding out what an idiot him/her are. Your a cowardly idiot with little value to the good people of this community. Whale poop with a keyboard. Remember that coward you have issues. You're to stupid to understand that there are many reasons why scholarships are issued and NOT issued. Many factors determine the things that go on inside the recruiting world. You obviously are to ignorant to understand those issues and are making accusations by cherry picking one program in the state of Georgia with an exceptional recruiting history. There's not one other program out of the over 400 football playing schools in this state with the recruiting record of Stephenson. So what is your point?? Your a ignorant pot stirring coward remember that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CPA? Beat a woman? No problem 3 min ex- navy wife 47
Universal Basic Income 1 hr John 4
No such thing as "clean coal" GOP 1 hr Earl 1
And now...the rest of the story 1 hr John 4
Missing Obama 1 hr chucksmga 11
Follow the money from Russia to Trump 12 hr LonePalm 6
FAKE NEWS, FAKE FOLLOWERS: CNN Has 17 Million F... 12 hr LonePalm 3

Kingsland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kingsland Mortgages