CCSO gun range to be opened to the pu...
Simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#21 Jul 1, 2013
The Devil is in the details. Could be a good thing, could be a bad thing.

I'd like to know things like will it be ADA compliant, and the cost of that? How will fees be collected- mirror tags, annual sticker, etc? Safety- who's going to be responsible for that? Probably a few more, but that's a place to start.
Telling it like it is

Woodbine, GA

#22 Jul 1, 2013
I hope it does open up to the public. Problem is, the availability of ammo isn't where I would like it to be right now. Saving what I have until it becomes easier to find.
Bob

Kingsland, GA

#23 Jul 1, 2013
Who is going to cover the liability insurance that will keep the county from getting sued when someone has an accident???
Telling it like it is

Woodbine, GA

#24 Jul 1, 2013
Good question. Would anyone like to answer this? I am sure it would be the tax payers but I would like to read other possible sources of revenue to pay for the liability insurance.
Simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#25 Jul 1, 2013
The DNR already operates several ranges throughout the state, liability hasn't been an issue. That also addresses the let private enterprise build it idea.

http://www.georgiawildlife.com/FirearmRanges/...
Disabled Vet

Kingsland, GA

#26 Jul 1, 2013
i am in a wheel chair so there better be a ramp and rest room facility there or they better get out the check book.
esad

Kingsland, GA

#27 Jul 1, 2013
Disabled Vet wrote:
i am in a wheel chair so there better be a ramp and rest room facility there or they better get out the check book.
Maybe this is not a public facility.Moreno vs Proctor
How about this, if you can get to it you can use it.
andy

Spring Hill, FL

#28 Jul 1, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Who closed the Oakwell Armory range?
The county commission closed down Oakwell Armory after many people, including the Casey family, complained that the Armory should never have been opened in that location. The Casey family is no more politically influential than anyone else. They did, however, not back down from making sure their right to peace was upheld.
beer drinker

Orlando, FL

#29 Jul 2, 2013
But Jay will never admit that. He thinks they are part of some GOB network that runs the county. Him being a deranged outsider who so desperately wants to be a part of such a network.
Simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#30 Jul 2, 2013
So what kind of facilities are at the range? I'm guessing it's heavily centered around pistol, but what do they have for rifle? Covered shooting benches? 300 yds? Anything for shotgun like trap or skeet?

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#31 Jul 2, 2013
Insofar as police rarely have occasion to engage a target at 300 yards and perps don't fly when flushed, I'm guessing no.
Simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#32 Jul 2, 2013
Snipers routinely train at 600 yds or better, and LE would need to be prepared to deal with any potential threat. Ever see Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds"?

Let's not forget, July is National Velociraptor Awareness Month.
http://www.velociraptors.info/

Since: Dec 12

Kingsland, GA

#33 Jul 2, 2013
Simplistic dolt wrote:
So what kind of facilities are at the range? I'm guessing it's heavily centered around pistol, but what do they have for rifle? Covered shooting benches? 300 yds? Anything for shotgun like trap or skeet?
They have rest rooms and fixed, metal target stands. The covered pavilion is behind the firing line equiped with water, fans and heaters. Max distance is 100yds and there is no skeet.
ak47shooter

Orlando, FL

#34 Jul 2, 2013
Sounds like a better set up than what oakwell had for rifles.
Simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#35 Jul 2, 2013
Dr_Lecter wrote:
<quoted text>
They have rest rooms and fixed, metal target stands. The covered pavilion is behind the firing line equiped with water, fans and heaters. Max distance is 100yds and there is no skeet.
Sounds Spartan, but a reasonable place to shoot, especially for folks that don't have any other alternative. I'm thinking a lock box parking pass like they do at some state parks now, you put the money in the envelope, put the numbered receipt on your dashboard, random times during the day the money is collected, it could work. That would eliminate the need to have any kind of staffing.

Liability issues would still need to be clarified, but a mandatory safety briefing/orientation including a liability waiver before someone uses the range for the first time might be a good idea.

St. Marys, GA

#36 Jul 2, 2013
Simplistic dolt wrote:
Snipers routinely train at 600 yds or better, and LE would need to be prepared to deal with any potential threat. Ever see Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds"?
Let's not forget, July is National Velociraptor Awareness Month.
http://www.velociraptors.info/
Can you document a single instance of a police sniper setting up 600 yards from a human perp target?

How about 300 yards?

Don't even go there, bull shitter.
Simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#37 Jul 2, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you document a single instance of a police sniper setting up 600 yards from a human perp target?
How about 300 yards?
Lon Horiuchi shot Randy Weaver's wife at 200 yds. Maybe that's a bad example, but you train for the extreme distances.

Jay, you need to hush. Us grown-ups are talking.
ak47shooter

Orlando, FL

#38 Jul 2, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
How about 300 yards?
He said a sniper. You interjected police.

Still no answer from you Jay.....

St. Marys, GA

#39 Jul 2, 2013
ak47shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
He said a sniper. You interjected police.
Still no answer from you Jay.....
Dear Dumbass,

The range in question is operated by the CCSO. Not the Navy Seals, not the Army Rangers, not Delta Force, not Marine Recon, but the police officers of the CCSO. ESAD.
ak47shooter

Orlando, FL

#40 Jul 2, 2013
Now there is the Jay I have been reading about! Do still no answer to questions that I asked you. Either you do not know or still trying to think of some BS. Which is it, all knowing Jay?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Here is your Republican healthcare plan 6 hr College Grad 13
Seven Signs of Liberal Privilege 7 hr LonePalm 1
Consider supporting Dr. Hashimi for Congress 8 hr Ospreynites 4
Hey Jay! 9 hr Roger That 9
The new St. Marys junk yard 15 hr Taj Mahal 3
Only In Camden County 16 hr OK Now 1
topix censor alert 19 hr Bull Dozer 11

Kingsland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance