Should City of St. Marys be reapporti...

Should City of St. Marys be reapportioned into districts/wards?

Posted in the Kingsland Forum

Districts

Kingsland, GA

#1 May 21, 2013
Should the city of St. Marys be reapportioned into districts or wards to create balance in representation on the City Council?

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#2 May 21, 2013
As I've been saying for at least 15 years, YES!
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#3 May 21, 2013
Districts wrote:
Should the city of St. Marys be reapportioned into districts or wards to create balance in representation on the City Council?
In my opinion, this is the only way political balance will be restored to St. Marys.

St. Marys, GA

#4 May 21, 2013
"Restored?"

Are you sure that is the word you were looking for?
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#5 May 21, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
"Restored?"
Are you sure that is the word you were looking for?
I would not have said it if I had not meant to.
Dreaming

Saint Marys, GA

#6 May 21, 2013
It would be a dream come true if it could happen.
Jorge

Kingsland, GA

#7 May 21, 2013
All the smart people (well all but Jaynius) live in the Cove. They should decide.
Tommy Weaver

Kingsland, GA

#8 May 21, 2013
Jorge wrote:
All the smart people (well all but Jaynius) live in the Cove. They should decide.
What do you consider smart:
build it they will come
push for a SPLOST tax to say it will pay off debt then only pay intrest on bond only
Get the waterfront in such of mess DNR has to be called to make them go by grants giving to them.

raising our water rates to purchase dock house. If thats smart I glad Im just plain out dumb

St. Marys, GA

#9 May 21, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not have said it if I had not meant to.
Okay, I was wrong. You actually do believe there was a time of "political balance" (?) in St. Marys.

Pray tell, when, and how was it different? Who was mayor?
Jorge

Kingsland, GA

#10 May 21, 2013
Tommy Weaver wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you consider smart:
build it they will come
push for a SPLOST tax to say it will pay off debt then only pay intrest on bond only
Get the waterfront in such of mess DNR has to be called to make them go by grants giving to them.
raising our water rates to purchase dock house. If thats smart I glad Im just plain out dumb
Tommy, 3 letters TIC (tongue in cheek).
Pasquinade

Saint Marys, GA

#11 May 21, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I was wrong. You actually do believe there was a time of "political balance" (?) in St. Marys.
Pray tell, when, and how was it different? Who was mayor?
Your satire, especially one posted in a public place becomes you Jay !
Tommy Weaver

Kingsland, GA

#12 May 21, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Tommy, 3 letters TIC (tongue in cheek).
When I see something that I think is wrong I will not bite my tongue. Thats whats wrong with this city/country. People dont care or just scared to speak up.
Jorge dont know you but will give you respect as long as you give it. Everything I complained about must of been correct or DNR would of told city everything was ok and when USCG made a visit violations would of not been found.
As for the person at last nights council meeting said a few has set the water front back 2 years. If I had my way it would be set back 35 years.When we had boat races every year Mr. Dickey was in full force as was langs with shrimp scallops ect...
We had several fishing tournaments every year.
My only qustion is Everyone says they came down and fell in love with the city and the people.
Why try to change it?
We are the same people just dont want to change from what they fell in love with.
Lacunose

Saint Marys, GA

#13 May 22, 2013
This whole thread is full of holes. What we should be talking about is when will Governor Deal come down here and remove the City of St. Marys Charter to be a city.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Anti Linda Williams Crowd Owns Topix 22 min Beyond Stupid 17
Lyndaforcouncil.com 22 min Fapag Thabb 7
2016 City Council Election 23 min Moreno Jay 372
- Lyin' Moreno 27 min Beyond Stupid 5
Kenny Finney motorcycleless repair 7 hr Benscrewd 3
no tax break 19 hr Frank 9
I'm a white male, and I am prejudiced! Aug 25 fearful 2

Kingsland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance