Do you approve of Kenneth Smith as Ma...
goddness

Saint Marys, GA

#41 Aug 1, 2013
you know wrote:
<quoted text> Unfortunately Alex is the ring leader of this group that is so concerned about cutting taxes. I miss the days when people were more concerned about taking care of city employees. I am tired of hearing about the tax payer. Stop worrying about the tax payer and worry about the community. I am entitled to raises no matter how much it makes council raise tax.
I believe you have articulated the difference between Alex and the current Mayor succinctly. Alex does not believe that protecting any municipal fiefdom or the maintenance of the status quo is worthy of overcharging the tax payer. The single best way to help citizens is to provide necessary services as efficiently and inexpensively as possible.
anon

Kingsland, GA

#42 Aug 2, 2013
Alex is a long serving councilman. He has been on the council for enough years to make the kind of impact you suggest. Time for him to go. He was a yes vote on many projects that have led to Kingsland's current financial situation. Like I said he has become a yes vote for the Hippo man and the money behind him.
anon2

Kingsland, GA

#43 Aug 2, 2013
he is gone this election
goddness

Saint Marys, GA

#44 Aug 2, 2013
anon wrote:
Alex is a long serving councilman. He has been on the council for enough years to make the kind of impact you suggest. Time for him to go. He was a yes vote on many projects that have led to Kingsland's current financial situation. Like I said he has become a yes vote for the Hippo man and the money behind him.
He also, if you care to check, has bucked the current administration on a number of items related to spending.
You are correct that since Hippo has joined the council the ability of Alex to fight for the taxpayer has been improved.

I think he is has a fairly large support base. But by all means if you think his time is up you should work to that end. We will see how it shakes out.
anon2

Kingsland, GA

#45 Aug 2, 2013
he will lose his seat this election he cannot compete against the guy running then if he tries to run against the mayor he will lose again so he will be gone for long enough to never come back lol
capital one

Saint Marys, GA

#46 Aug 2, 2013
Do you think the fact that Ken was dishonest with the newspaper on the status of the disgraced former city manger will hurt him moving forward?
Really

Tampa, FL

#47 Aug 4, 2013
Only if the public is made aware of what he was dishonest about. I've noticed when factual things are posted on topix about elected officials and those fleecing the community; results are produced.
Really Not

Kingsland, GA

#48 Aug 4, 2013
uhhh if that were true then OScuma would not be Prez of the USA any longer, you stupid TARD
Kingfish

Kingsland, GA

#49 Aug 4, 2013
Really wrote:
Only if the public is made aware of what he was dishonest about. I've noticed when factual things are posted on topix about elected officials and those fleecing the community; results are produced.
You've noticed their postings disappear?
Terry

Saint Marys, GA

#50 Aug 26, 2013
Alex is a good councilman.
anon

Saint Marys, GA

#51 Aug 26, 2013
uh no he is not
Knowanon

Kingsland, GA

#52 Aug 26, 2013
Anon, what dept do u work for? You can say or I will.
anon

Saint Marys, GA

#53 Aug 27, 2013
uh I work at TRF and I am glad you know me
Atomic

Saint Marys, GA

#54 Aug 27, 2013
Alex could beat Ken any day of the week.
Well

Saint Marys, GA

#55 Sep 3, 2013
anon wrote:
uh no he is not
Based on no one qualifing against him.....I think he is pretty safe.
well

Kingsland, GA

#56 Apr 28, 2014
Kingslands mayor is ignoring the rules
DoTell

Kingsland, GA

#57 Apr 28, 2014
well wrote:
Kingslands mayor is ignoring the rules
Well, go on. Don't leave us hanging.
ye heard

Saint Marys, GA

#58 Apr 29, 2014
coldwar warrior wrote:
Not an original thinker. Wants to make everyone happy. Always been a civil servant and never had to make a real business pay roll. Enjoys spending tax payer funds because there is no accountability. If he needs more money to cover bills he raises the water rates justifying the increase though data the cities GMA lobby in Atlanta. Has in the evening up to 3 KPD patrolling I-95 for speeders instead our local Kingsland roads. Complains to the Sheriff about County Officers issuing speeding tickets on SR 40 fpr doing 70 mph, when KPD should be doing it instead of being out on I-95. Listens to Todd Tetterton to hire 5 new KPD officers and send them to the GA Police Academy ($25, 000 each) at Kingsland tax payer cost instead of hiring officers who have prior experience and are POST certified. We can go on..........
Everybody listens to old tater toterton, ye heard??
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#59 Apr 29, 2014
Alex is running the Kingsland Council, not the Mayor. Why would he want to be Mayor when he is top dog now? All the employees are running scared after seeing what Alex has done to some of the ex--employees. Everyone in the city is walking on egg shells they are so afraid of their job.

Go to a City Council meeting and see who runs the meeting.
Yorker

Saint Marys, GA

#60 Apr 29, 2014
He won't run for mayor cause he would lose and be off the council.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Betting the Farm Fri Tax and Spend 9
Candidates for District 180 Fri Trois 3
Topix Censors Thu Caped Crusader 5
Purdue Cannot Recall Wed zzz 11
Thank you President Trump Wed Not Fake News 1
Obamas criticized for lavish library plans, inc... Jan 17 acidman 9
Obamas W.H. physician says President Trump in e... Jan 17 The Truth 6

Kingsland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance