Comments
61 - 80 of 98 Comments Last updated Apr 6, 2013
TBO

Saint Marys, GA

#61 Feb 22, 2013
I think we could reduce the cost of goverment alot in Kingsland. It is too expensive.
Notsofast notsofast

Kingsland, GA

#62 Feb 23, 2013
Glad to see city counsel is finally willing to disagree with city hall....maybe we can get some actual oversite now.
Jolly Roger

Woodbine, GA

#63 Feb 24, 2013
Munjin is being paid at least twice what she is worth, and it is only because of the color of her skin, not her qualifications. Kingsland is being run like a federal affirmative action work site.
Suzie

Kingsland, GA

#64 Feb 24, 2013
Jolly Roger wrote:
Munjin is being paid at least twice what she is worth, and it is only because of the color of her skin, not her qualifications. Kingsland is being run like a federal affirmative action work site.
shocking ain't it?
nuttso

Saint Marys, GA

#65 Feb 24, 2013
Jolly Roger wrote:
Sound familiar?
Jon B

Saint Marys, GA

#66 Feb 25, 2013
Time to start saving money. Let go of half the staff at city hall.
David

Kingsland, GA

#67 Feb 26, 2013
Jolly Roger wrote:
Mungin is just as qualified as the other managers in the county. She has just as much education and experience in government as the other managers, and you are not complaining about them. You are not complaining about the high ass salary of the county manager or the manager in st. marys who both make more that her. I gather that these comments are coming only because of the color of her skin.
Jolly Roger

Woodbine, GA

#68 Feb 27, 2013
David wrote:
<quoted text>
Mungin is just as qualified as the other managers in the county. She has just as much education and experience in government as the other managers, and you are not complaining about them. You are not complaining about the high ass salary of the county manager or the manager in st. marys who both make more that her. I gather that these comments are coming only because of the color of her skin.
well, actually, we were not talking about the county, or the other cities, we were talking about Kingsland. FYI, yes, I feel the same way about the others. In fact, I feel the city manager is the biggest waste of money anywhere. I feel like that is the job of the mayor to manage the city. The ridiculous salaries they are being paid to do the mayors job is insane. this is another fine example of what the damn outsiders have brought to us from the land of milk and honey. However, about the person we are speaking of, in this thread, about Kingsland, I stand by my statement. I know what I am talking about, and when she was in St. Marys, everyone was scared of her then, for fear of civil rights and racial discrimination, she is the type that is just lying in wait for the opportunity to use that card.
Mammy

Saint Marys, GA

#69 Feb 27, 2013
Jolly Roger wrote:
<quoted text>w I feel like that is the job of the mayor to manage the city.
That is why you are the idiot.
David

Kingsland, GA

#70 Feb 27, 2013
Jolly Roger wrote:
<quoted text>well, actually, we were not talking about the county, or the other cities, we were talking about Kingsland. FYI, yes, I feel the same way about the others. In fact, I feel the city manager is the biggest waste of money anywhere. I feel like that is the job of the mayor to manage the city. The ridiculous salaries they are being paid to do the mayors job is insane. this is another fine example of what the damn outsiders have brought to us from the land of milk and honey. However, about the person we are speaking of, in this thread, about Kingsland, I stand by my statement. I know what I am talking about, and when she was in St. Marys, everyone was scared of her then, for fear of civil rights and racial discrimination, she is the type that is just lying in wait for the opportunity to use that card.
You probably were just as stupid then, as you are now.
really

Kingsland, GA

#71 Feb 27, 2013
Kingsland is overstaffed at city hall....how many people has city hall layed off during the recession? The bussiness community makes lay offs and sacrifices...Kingsland City Hall just keeps on trucking,so what if the taxpayer suffers?
Truth is

United States

#72 Feb 28, 2013
Bloated City, County and Federal government is the reason I feel sequestration is a good thing!

All of these offices could stand to downsize and operate appropriately. But most became so bloated in order to justify promotions at the top. The more employees they manage the more money they make. Although most of the new hires aren't needed!

So to offset this fleecing of the tax payers furlough days are necessary. They should make all City,County and Federal employees 32 hours per week a permanent fix. It's the only way to bring down local taxes and federal debt.

These people City,County and Federal employees have no incentive to streamline employee cost, it's not their money! If a manager says I can handle this really with 6 employees instead of 13; he stands the chance of losing. So these people will never downsize themselves.

Thank you sequestration!!!!
wheres the beef

Decatur, GA

#73 Feb 28, 2013
Thank you sequestration???? This will not have any major effect on local government.
Truth is

United States

#74 Feb 28, 2013
wheres the beef wrote:
Thank you sequestration???? This will not have any major effect on local government.
Not true!
wheres the beef

Decatur, GA

#75 Feb 28, 2013
When the federal government was shut down in the nineties did it effect the local governments? How much of the budget is involved? Less than 5%, closer to 3%. This is a manufactured problem that the feds will either solve at the last minute or kick it down the road for another day. Most of the time they talk about reductions they are talking about a reduction in the amount it is going up, not true cuts in spending.
Truth is

Ocala, FL

#76 Mar 2, 2013
I agree. Just not sure what effect this will have at local health department, with some needed programs. But in overall essence I feel this is needed. Especially if the Democrats and Republicans are incapable of governing.
Need a break

Kingsland, GA

#77 Mar 3, 2013
Need to cut the cost of services....it was funyhow the Mayor of Kingsland did not want to do an efficency study....his little fiefdom might get shrank!
Stewman

Jacksonville, FL

#78 Mar 4, 2013
This attorney thing is another grab for power and influence like the Probate Judge. Red zone development is a Hill Drury Guy thing.
Stewman

Jacksonville, FL

#79 Mar 4, 2013
anon wrote:
I applaud the mayor! Good call! If you want to keep it in Camden then you buy your groceries and gas here not replace your experienced city attorney who has proven himself and treated the city well for 12 years! What I smell is good ole boy system. Blount, Day, and Guy all went to school together. How convenient that McClain moved to appoint Guy for Blount and Day. Wonder how the boys pulled that one off! That experience bs really took the cake! Just because you are a doctor does not make you a surgeon. Very disappointing performances! Trust level dropped significantly by a lot of people I am sure!
Reminds me of the Dixie Mafia.
Nahhhh

Kingsland, GA

#80 Mar 4, 2013
Stewman wrote:
This attorney thing is another grab for power and influence like the Probate Judge. Red zone development is a Hill Drury Guy thing.
I think it's more about Counsel exerting influence over the City hall.I am pretty sure Hill and Drury don't run Alex or Grayson and Hippo is against everything!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tracking Jay Moreno's campaign filings. 22 min URaDOUCHEBAG 6
Deconstructing The Nutter's website. 38 min URaDOUCHEBAG 6
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 44 min ChicknButt 53,515
Jay Moreno's campaign site - in progress. 59 min URaDOUCHEBAG 22
Real Estate Cartel Candidates 1 hr Really 13
Looking for a contractor to remove popcorn from... 2 hr Hammer 1
Is Alex Kearns Planning October Surrprise Lawsu... 2 hr Gorilla Boy 6
•••
•••
Kingsland Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Kingsland Jobs

•••