|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

anon wrote:
I applaud the mayor! Good call! If you want to keep it in Camden then you buy your groceries and gas here not replace your experienced city attorney who has proven himself and treated the city well for 12 years! What I smell is good ole boy system. Blount, Day, and Guy all went to school together. How convenient that McClain moved to appoint Guy for Blount and Day. Wonder how the boys pulled that one off! That experience bs really took the cake! Just because you are a doctor does not make you a surgeon. Very disappointing performances! Trust level dropped significantly by a lot of people I am sure!
The Mayor is enjoying the last gasps of an ending political career.
Dickie

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

I think Guy will do more for the city than Mr Lee.
Suzie

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

the local rag has a story about government wages, Brent Green is the county attorney and makes, $162,000, that is what is in the paper today. Kingsland's attorney is Tom Lee, and Robert Sweatt is the court judge for Kingsland.
Suzie

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

wonder if that is a typo, that seems to be alot of money.
miami

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Suzie wrote:
wonder if that is a typo, that seems to be alot of money.
Chicken feed to St Marys.
Pot House Politician

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

You looking for wrongdoing and corruption; look at the Camden County government. The Commission are after your money anyway they can get it, no holds barred. Cutting spending never occurred to them. They have never seen a tax they didn't like.

Now they will reduce impact fees for developers and put the cost of development on the backs of tax paying home owners. Those boys know who their friends are.
Jolly Roger

Woodbine, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Brent is the highest paid crook in the county!
hippo_uh-oh

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Interesting, before his election Jim McClain told me he was going after the city attorney. That's part of the reason he ran for city council.

This was after the city shut down his illegal "RV park".
Kyle

Herndon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

hippo_uh-oh wrote:
Interesting, before his election Jim McClain told me he was going after the city attorney. That's part of the reason he ran for city council.
This was after the city shut down his illegal "RV park".
This is not the first time I've heard this.
Anon

Woodbine, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

anon wrote:
I applaud the mayor! Good call! If you want to keep it in Camden then you buy your groceries and gas here not replace your experienced city attorney who has proven himself and treated the city well for 12 years! What I smell is good ole boy system. Blount, Day, and Guy all went to school together. How convenient that McClain moved to appoint Guy for Blount and Day. Wonder how the boys pulled that one off! That experience bs really took the cake! Just because you are a doctor does not make you a surgeon. Very disappointing performances! Trust level dropped significantly by a lot of people I am sure!
What the hell is your problem? Guy will jump the hoops. He is a want-a-be politican. He has no loyality except to those that want a yes sir boy. He is the best for the job. Self proclaimed bright boy. Lots of Moreno in him. Lots of bling.
Really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Burt needs the money to pay those hIgh ass taxes in St. Mary's. But then again he was the closing Attorney on a lot of disasterly deeds! How's that elevation in value via Teddy & Cecily working for him now?
buckly

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Albert wrote:
Kingsland City attorney axed. Well almost. Chatter is that St. Marys attorney Bert Guy was appointed Kingsland City Attorney. But that was a short lived appointement. Mayor Smith vetoed that. Now it is up to the Council to address that.
I am very interested in seeing how this plays out.I don't know if mayor can intimidate the council or not.....
teddy B

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

buckly wrote:
<quoted text>
I am very interested in seeing how this plays out.I don't know if mayor can intimidate the council or not.....
McClain wont be bullied. Everybody knows Monsey belongs to the Mayor because of his son. I don't know about Day or Blunt.
The Real

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Jonnypain wrote:
<quoted text>
The Mayor is enjoying the last gasps of an ending political career.
Not true! The Kingsland Counsel is a ball free zone. They will cave in front of the Mayor.
hippo_uh-oh

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Jim McClain is a very shady individual. I was shocked he was elected, I guess having ten-thousand signs everywhere did the trick.

He's very untrustworthy in business, so he appears to have been born a politician.
Rumor has it

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Rumor has it Rep. Jason Spencer and Mayor Smith planned the whole veto idea...Tea Partier and Democrat teaming up to rat out the crooked Neo-Con Republicans. LOL. Priceless.
The Real

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Mayor Smith is in charge. He will prevail! He has the support of the professionals in the city hall.
kingsland taxpayer

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

I lost confidence in Mayor Smith when he told me "You can't run the city like a business".
EmPt2

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

The Real wrote:
Mayor Smith is in charge. He will prevail! He has the support of the professionals in the city hall.
What does that mean? Some code talk?
hippo_uh-oh

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Rumor has it wrote:
Rumor has it Rep. Jason Spencer and Mayor Smith planned the whole veto idea...Tea Partier and Democrat teaming up to rat out the crooked Neo-Con Republicans. LOL. Priceless.
May I ask, who is the tea partier?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Kingsland Forum right now

Search the Kingsland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 min Cbutt 49,971
Which pest control? 24 min Bob 13
Hardcases at B&B Custom Hardscapes 14 hr Church Lady 36
Seeking a mechanic 17 hr NomadHeart 12
Today Mon Jay Moreno 6
kingsland adventure park Sun screw Julian 74
Residential car lots Sun Milly 97
•••
•••
•••
Kingsland Dating

more search filters

less search filters