Kingsland City Attorney

Posted in the Kingsland Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Albert

Saint Marys, GA

#1 Jan 15, 2013
Kingsland City attorney axed. Well almost. Chatter is that St. Marys attorney Bert Guy was appointed Kingsland City Attorney. But that was a short lived appointement. Mayor Smith vetoed that. Now it is up to the Council to address that.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 15, 2013
Smith Democrat
Guy Republican
Suzie

Saint Marys, GA

#3 Jan 15, 2013
Albert wrote:
Kingsland City attorney axed. Well almost. Chatter is that St. Marys attorney Bert Guy was appointed Kingsland City Attorney. But that was a short lived appointement. Mayor Smith vetoed that. Now it is up to the Council to address that.
and when did this happen? is it even true?
Moody

Saint Marys, GA

#4 Jan 15, 2013
Ole Kenny wants someone that marches to his tune.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#5 Jan 16, 2013
Yes, it did happen. It's in today's T&G.

This change was pushed by that Hippo guy, ostensibly to "keep it in Camden."

This in spite of the fact that the current city attorney specializes in municipal law, as several area cities as clients, and Guy said he would charge the same $150.00 per hour.

The mayor and councilman Mounsey say there is no need to change when the guy they have now has ben doing a great job for 20 years.

There are two pieces of data missing to fully analyze this situation - okay, three.

Is the current city attorney Black or White?

Is he a Republican or a Democrat?

Is he in favor of, opposed to, or neutral on TADs?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6 Jan 16, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
This in spite of the fact that the current city attorney specializes in municipal law, as several area cities as clients, and Guy said he would charge the same $150.00 per hour.
The mayor and councilman Mounsey say there is no need to change when the guy they have now has ben doing a great job for 20 years.
There are two pieces of data missing to fully analyze this situation - okay, three.
As Moody stated, does he march to Smith's tune?
Mounsey marches to Smith's tune also.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#7 Jan 16, 2013
Quiet Typo wrote:
<quoted text>As Moody stated, does he march to Smith's tune?
Mounsey marches to Smith's tune also.
I see.

So you would want an attorney who does not march to the mayor's tune, right?

How about an attorney who give his best professional advice and lets the political chips fall where they may?

Now, can anyone answer my questions? Whenever anyone in Kingsland goes after their mayor, you have to first rule out the racism motive.

Location hidden

#8 Jan 16, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>

How about an attorney who give his best professional advice and lets the political chips fall where they may?
Exactly what I want and expect.

Location hidden

#9 Jan 16, 2013
what I do not want is some attorney that will blow smoke up my ass. Now who will give his best professional advice and lets the political chips fall where they may?
parttime

United States

#10 Jan 16, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
White. Rep. Neutral
Yep

Herndon, PA

#11 Jan 16, 2013
Nothing to do with attorneys. This was a power play by 3 councilmen to try and put a dent in the mayors power base.
Tea Drinker

Tampa, FL

#12 Jan 16, 2013
If this is the same attorney that Woodbine has then yes, he is incompetent.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#13 Jan 16, 2013
Tea Drinker wrote:
Well, clearly the mayor and council are fools for not knocking down that damned silly "historic" pile of red bricks the day after they were sworn-in and debating that damned silly cabbage shed which should have been burned to the ground on the same day.

But in what way has the attorney demonstrated incompetence?

Seems to me he did exactly what he should regarding SPLOST VII. Not his fault if the mayor and council, in the finest Camden tradition, view the O.C.G.A. as a list of optional suggestions.
Suzie

Saint Marys, GA

#14 Jan 16, 2013
Tea Drinker wrote:
Agreed
Tea Drinker

Tampa, FL

#15 Jan 17, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, clearly the mayor and council are fools for not knocking down that damned silly "historic" pile of red bricks the day after they were sworn-in and debating that damned silly cabbage shed which should have been burned to the ground on the same day.
But in what way has the attorney demonstrated incompetence?
Seems to me he did exactly what he should regarding SPLOST VII. Not his fault if the mayor and council, in the finest Camden tradition, view the O.C.G.A. as a list of optional suggestions.
Me thinks you know not what of you speak.
Tom

Saint Marys, GA

#16 Jan 17, 2013
Ask ole Tom how putting the question of plurality voting on the ballot would cost the city when the ballot had not been published.
Really

Covington, GA

#17 Jan 17, 2013
Guy has done nothing to deserve this position. He and Stein are finished. People now see them for what they're not worth. Guy played the game with Stein to long. The feces smell is still on him.

This is why the has applied for County Attorney, St. Mary's Attorney, Superior Court Judge and Kingsland Attorney, to no avail.

He should run for Probate Judge. He and Stein have experience in "swaying" elections. Therefore if he would seek an elected position under Martins vote counting, he will definitely win!

The job states $60,000.00 But you he can make a lot more based on all the different stipends Martin is allowed.
beer maker

Sylacauga, AL

#18 Jan 17, 2013
The county has now put a limit f $7,500 on some of those.
Truth is

Covington, GA

#19 Jan 18, 2013
But clearly the potential for $80,000.00 annually is very prevalent.
anon

Kingsland, GA

#20 Jan 18, 2013
I applaud the mayor! Good call! If you want to keep it in Camden then you buy your groceries and gas here not replace your experienced city attorney who has proven himself and treated the city well for 12 years! What I smell is good ole boy system. Blount, Day, and Guy all went to school together. How convenient that McClain moved to appoint Guy for Blount and Day. Wonder how the boys pulled that one off! That experience bs really took the cake! Just because you are a doctor does not make you a surgeon. Very disappointing performances! Trust level dropped significantly by a lot of people I am sure!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New restaurant 15 min Nancy 5
Is Topix's "Dr.Lecter" a liberal or conservative? 40 min Tired Listener 0
N. Korea calls Obama name in latest hacking 51 min Former Republican... 1
Borrell Creek 56 min Brittney 6
RIP Topix 1 hr NFL Guy 3
The Liberal News Gang, and you slam Fox. 3 hr Dr_Lecter 7
Blithering idiot 5 hr The Odds Gal 2
Kingsland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Kingsland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Kingsland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kingsland

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:08 am PST

NFL 6:08AM
Hot seat roundup: Is Falcons' Mike Smith on way out?
NBC Sports 7:25 AM
Report: Falcons retain search firm to help with possible coaching change
ESPN 7:36 AM
Sources: Falcons hire search firm as backup
Bleacher Report 7:45 AM
Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Houston Texans: Live Houston Score and Analysis
CBS Sports 8:29 AM
Five candidates who could be the next head coach of the Atlanta Falcons