IDK

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

JQC has interviewed everyone in the office, concerning the charges as well as some to come out in the future.
Up North

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

IDK wrote:
JQC has interviewed everyone in the office, concerning the charges as well as some to come out in the future.
I am sure they have interviewed everyone in the office now.I only mentioned Patsy because, from what I understand, she is the digruntled former employee the judge mentioned. Maybe she did not get a promotion.
Anon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Patsy should run for Judgeship. Seems like the office will be up for grabs in January.
IDK

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Up North wrote:
<quoted text> I am sure they have interviewed everyone in the office now.I only mentioned Patsy because, from what I understand, she is the digruntled former employee the judge mentioned. Maybe she did not get a promotion.
I don't know what caused her to come forward, but I think the charges against Shirley will stick. What really surprises me is Martin giving the nod to Shirley bringing his sister on as chief clerk. This after JQC advised him not to engage in nepotism in a judicial office. The long term employee mentioned in the T&G article is significantly more qualified than the sister but Shirley has ridden her for years, and gotten away with it. Shirley has a habit of making the new employee her pet until they fall out of favor. JQC needs to look into the turnover rate....it says a lot. But the buck stops in the judge's office. He has allowed this behavior to go on for at least a dozen years that I am aware of.
Up North

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Anon wrote:
Patsy should run for Judgeship. Seems like the office will be up for grabs in January.
I really don't think you would want that. I know her and would not trust her.
Truth is

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

IDK wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know what caused her to come forward, but I think the charges against Shirley will stick. What really surprises me is Martin giving the nod to Shirley bringing his sister on as chief clerk. This after JQC advised him not to engage in nepotism in a judicial office. The long term employee mentioned in the T&G article is significantly more qualified than the sister but Shirley has ridden her for years, and gotten away with it. Shirley has a habit of making the new employee her pet until they fall out of favor. JQC needs to look into the turnover rate....it says a lot. But the buck stops in the judge's office. He has allowed this behavior to go on for at least a dozen years that I am aware of.
this is a really sad situation for the entire County.
Anon

Yulee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Which part the fact that she is being investigated or the fact that an employee dropped a dime on her or the fact that Martin may very well be next?
SDC

Valdosta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Former poster says there has been a lot of turnover in the department; if so, there should be lots of ads in paper for the positions. Has the press checked this out yet? Is Camden an Equal Opportunity Employer or not?
anon

Woodbine, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Camden is a EOE but elected officers don't have to advertise there job opening they hire who they want. The chief magistrate judge just hired a new associate judge and she did not advertise she had a opening.
GOB Pothouse Politician

Herndon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

There is nothing to worry about. If certain people are caught with houses full of marijuana and nothing happens, the rest of us should feel safe.
the truth

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Shirley is not the one that is going to end up in jail.........check the former employee and her handler.....they overplayed a bad hand....sometimes the idea of losing makes people lose their minds....forgery is a crime.
Anon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

In other words the fix is in!!!!
Up North

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Anon wrote:
In other words the fix is in!!!!
Guess that may depend on who committed the forgery.
Anon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Also depends on a retracted story from two vendors!!! Shirley & Martin may be able to cover up her mishaps in the office. But how will they cover the 3 bribery payments and transferring of weddings to a "for profit" location?

Glenda is still in the Probate office. How can the County Commissioners/Manager sit idle when the JQC forbid Martin to hire a family member. I hear they're justifying it by saying she works for Shirley and Martin is retiring in January.

Why must Camden be so corrupt? It's apparent to all this place is run in the most unethical, nepotism manner. Yet they expect employers to want to relocate to this god forsaken place. Until we make better decisions (with all votes counted) during elections, this place is going nowhere!!!!!
Pot House Politician

Herndon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

The probate Office is unique in Camden County. If you go there for service you actually get served and you are treated with respect; especially if Glenda, Shirley or Martin wait on you. Can't say that about most other lazy fat ass government office workers. Thank God, we don't have any rude Lawyers working in the Probate Office.

There is probably too much marijuana guilt in other government offices in Camden County.
Anon

Herndon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Wow. Butt kiss much???

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Anon wrote:
Also depends on a retracted story from two vendors!!! Shirley & Martin may be able to cover up her mishaps in the office. But how will they cover the 3 bribery payments and transferring of weddings to a "for profit" location?
Glenda is still in the Probate office. How can the County Commissioners/Manager sit idle when the JQC forbid Martin to hire a family member. I hear they're justifying it by saying she works for Shirley and Martin is retiring in January.
Why must Camden be so corrupt? It's apparent to all this place is run in the most unethical, nepotism manner. Yet they expect employers to want to relocate to this god forsaken place. Until we make better decisions (with all votes counted) during elections, this place is going nowhere!!!!!
So, how did the JQC come to forbid Martin to hire a relative? Did he write them asking if it would be okay to hire his sister, or what? How do you know that they told him not to? I agree that he should not have, by the way.
Pot House Politician

Herndon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Thee is no information that anyone in the current Probate Office is involved with the St Marys Marijuana Grow Houses. Also there is no information that anyone from the current Probate Office in involved with any Marijuana Grow House cover-up.

The current Probate Office is probably one of the best run government offices in Camden County.
IDK

Ellenwood, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

It was reported in the T&G article about her hiring.
beer maker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how did the JQC come to forbid Martin to hire a relative? Did he write them asking if it would be okay to hire his sister, or what? How do you know that they told him not to? I agree that he should not have, by the way.
Canon 2
Judges shall avoid impropriety and the appearance of impropriety in all their activities.

Canon 3
Judges shall perform the duties of judicial office impartially and diligently.
C(4)
Judges shall not make unnecessary appointments. Judges shall exercise the power of appointment impartially and on the basis of merit. Judges shall avoid nepotism and favoritism. Judges shall not approve compensation of appointees beyond the fair value of services rendered.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Kingsland Forum right now

Search the Kingsland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 8 min rename 49,834
Seeking a mechanic 1 hr NomadHeart 8
Which pest control? 6 hr Mike 11
Today 6 hr Jay Moreno 6
Hardcases at B&B Custom Hardscapes 12 hr Bob 35
kingsland adventure park 21 hr screw Julian 74
Residential car lots Sun Milly 97
•••
•••
•••
Kingsland Dating

more search filters

less search filters