Please Help

Saint Marys, GA

#1 Jul 28, 2013
I now have a daugher who has her learners permit. I am really tryin to train her right, but it is not working. Please help me. She is an AP Camden girl. Marching band and I you don't help.... I fear the dual coarse at ccga is not going to help her. My proposal is to help us be why camden is awsome... the example... our town is awesome!
Terry

Saint Marys, GA

#2 Jul 28, 2013
take her to the high school parking lot and let her drive, why would you ask anyone else to help you?

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#3 Jul 29, 2013
Do they have drivers' ed at CCHS?

Are you way too nervous when teaching her?

If so, you're probably freaking her out.

Have you thought about an Rx for a mild sedative for the duration?
Dave Jr

Saint Marys, GA

#4 Jul 30, 2013
What's not working?
Nothing but time behind the wheel is going to help her over the nervousness, and Jay is right. If you're bad nervous, it's gonna be transmitted. She'll likely freak out. Doesn't really say what the issue is.
The high school parking lot is a good idea. Some neighborhoods, with their turns, and stop signs could help. Just don't dump her in traffic and expect her to even remember where she's going at first. There's a lot of processing going on behind the wheel. It may even take longer than the permit lasts. If so,renew it.
My daughter was nervous enough when she first went on the road, and several jackrabbits would blow horns if she didn't move fast enough for them. This made it worse, so I had Dalton make up 3 'STUDENT DRIVER' magnetic signs. That actually worked. She then got all the room she needed, and other drivers avoided us!
Good luck.
sue

Saint Marys, GA

#5 Jul 30, 2013
Great idea, Dave Jr.

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#6 Aug 1, 2013
sue wrote:
Great idea, Dave Jr.
Indeed.

That reminds me. The other day, on the way to Savannah, I passed a red, dually pick up truck with a crew cab. There were four men in the trick, some wooden boxes partially covered with a tarp in the back, and a HazMat sign for "Explosives" on the tailgate.

I got on by them rather quickly. No one was tailgating them either. Where can one buy those placards?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Climate Change Denial Disorder (CCDD) 9 min Jorge 3
Thinking of relocating to St Marys 22 min Successful Agent 14
Religious discrimination bills are DEAD 27 min LonePalm 41
St Marys EarthKeepers Joke Day 1 hr HaHa 103
Black lives matter 1 hr Bob 31
2 JDA members resign - UNEXPECTENTLY 1 hr JCHere 16
List some of the freedoms you have lost 3 hr Yep 3

Tornado Watch for Camden County was issued at April 19 at 1:05PM EDT

More from around the web

Kingsland People Search