St. Marys police, GBI investigating b...

St. Marys police, GBI investigating boat that burned Monday morning in North River

There are 18 comments on the The Florida Times-Union story from Aug 14, 2012, titled St. Marys police, GBI investigating boat that burned Monday morning in North River. In it, The Florida Times-Union reports that:

The St. Marys Police Department and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation are probing a fire that destroyed a boat Monday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Florida Times-Union.

concern

Montgomery, AL

#1 Aug 14, 2012
Who in SMPD can investigate the cause? no one there is smart enough to investigate a papercut on a finger!
Me who else

Herndon, PA

#2 Aug 14, 2012
Chief Hatchet
simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#3 Aug 14, 2012
concern wrote:
Who in SMPD can investigate the cause? no one there is smart enough to investigate a papercut on a finger!
Anybody else getting the distinct aroma of unwashed sock?
concern

Montgomery, AL

#4 Aug 14, 2012
simplistic dolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody else getting the distinct aroma of unwashed sock?
do u work for Cumming PD
simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#5 Aug 14, 2012
concern wrote:
<quoted text>do u work for Cumming PD
Why? Do you have some reason to fear law enforcement?
swimmer

Orange Park, FL

#6 Aug 14, 2012
Me who else wrote:
Chief Hatchet
Now thats funny! Lets sober up guy and see if he can find the river.
anon

Woodbine, GA

#7 Aug 15, 2012
This should be turned over to County for many reasons
Della

United States

#8 Aug 15, 2012
St Marys PD and GBI can handle it, they already have a suspect, they know what they are doing.
Uh Huh

Saint Marys, GA

#9 Aug 15, 2012
Della wrote:
St Marys PD and GBI can handle it, they already have a suspect, they know what they are doing.
Didn't they also handle the St Marys marijuana grow house cases?
Didn't they have houses, scores of mauijuana plants and suspects galore? How did that turn out?
Oh Well

Calhoun City, MS

#10 Aug 15, 2012
My question is how can SMPD investigate any crime that extends out into a waterway.The Jusridiction of SMPD ends where the land meets the water. They can go no further. Then it's the Sheriff's Office, DNR and U.S.Coast Guard. Hope they haven't passed the line of Jurisdiction here and fouled the case already.
concern

Montgomery, AL

#11 Aug 15, 2012
Oh Well wrote:
My question is how can SMPD investigate any crime that extends out into a waterway.The Jusridiction of SMPD ends where the land meets the water. They can go no further. Then it's the Sheriff's Office, DNR and U.S.Coast Guard. Hope they haven't passed the line of Jurisdiction here and fouled the case already.
knowing smpd, they did but don't worry, they can not find themselves or even know the law and proper procedures in handling any investigation.
Della

United States

#13 Aug 15, 2012
DNR is involved, boat fire was not out in the waterways, it was at a dock in st. marys.
curious

Saint Marys, GA

#14 Aug 15, 2012
Della is misinformed about the location.. the boat was in the river about 300 yards from shore ... it was towed to the boat yard dock ...
Della

United States

#15 Aug 15, 2012
curious wrote:
Della is misinformed about the location.. the boat was in the river about 300 yards from shore ... it was towed to the boat yard dock ...
the news said it was 50 to 75 ft, guess the news had it wrong, do not really care one way or another, not my problem, there were two bodies on the boat, not one as previously thought, when there is a big case everyone wants to be involved, so have at it. go arrest the sob.
Della

United States

#16 Aug 15, 2012
curious wrote:
btw, if you look at photos of the yacht on fire, it was very close to a dock, guess they towed it while it was flaming. that must have been tricky.
Della

United States

#17 Aug 15, 2012
go to news4jax, case closed.
anon

Woodbine, GA

#18 Aug 15, 2012
anon wrote:
This should be turned over to County for many reasons
ok, so why didn't county investigate
Anon

United States

#19 Aug 17, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
ok, so why didn't county investigate
It was a joint investigation

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blue Originís rocket engine completes first hot... 34 min Dog and Pony show 4
Canadian Flag at cemetery 39 min Sr Chief 2
Jefferson Davis Elementary to be renamed after ... 2 hr Its elementry 8
clownboy's newest lowest ever polling (10.16.17) 3 hr Bogus Crowbait 15
For $85 at Riverside Restaurant you can get.... 4 hr Eddie 25
I95 Vacation 5 hr Local RE GOB GVMT 4
Associated Press Soliciting Gold Star Families ... 5 hr LonePalm 7

Kingsland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance