Herndon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Get. Guns. Out. Of. Our. Communities. Now!

Support candidates and political parties that support SANE gun laws and regulations.

This is just a PARTIAL list... Every single day this goes on. Enough is enough.

Cambridge, Ohio -- A man fatally shot his 5-year-old son before turning the gun on himself in an apparent murder-suicide Wednesday afternoon.

Pleasant Valley, Ala.-- A 12-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his 12-year-old cousin. The boy wanted to show the victim a shotgun he had gotten for Christmas. He did not know it was loaded. The gun accidentally fired, hitting the cousin who was playing on a trampoline nearby.

Taft, Calif.-- At least two people were shot at Taft Union High School this morning. The suspected shooter is in custody. One victim was airlifted to a hospital, the second victim declined medical treatment.

St. Petersburg, Fla.-- An 18-year-old died about 6:30 p.m. Wednesday after accidentally shooting himself in the head while showing a handgun to friends on his back porch. The victims grandparents and uncle were inside the home at the time.

Columbus, Ohio -- A 24-year-old man was shot in a home about 1:45 a.m. Thursday. Four children were upstairs when the shooting occurred downstairs. Police are questioning three other adults who were in the home at the time of the shooting.

Lawton, Okla.-- A 35-year-old woman was found shot to death in her home shortly after 6 p.m. Wednesday.

Kansas City, Kan.-- Police called to an apartment about 7:30 p.m. Wednesday found one man shot dead and another wounded.

Durham, N. C.-- A male of unknown age is dead after being shot several times outside a convenience store just before midnight last night.

Oakland, Calif.-- A 20-year-old man sitting in a car was shot and killed about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Memphis, Tenn.-- One person was killed and another critically wounded in an apparent attempted murder-suicide. The incident happened after 8 p.m. Wednesday. Police believe the victim and shooter are neighbors.

Chicago, Ill.-- A 23-year-old man was found shot near an alley just before midnight Wednesday. He died about an hour later at a nearby hospital.

Tamarac, Fla.-- A Broward County deputy shot and killed a 60-year-old woman about 10:30 a. m. Wednesday after the woman allegedly shot and killed an elderly woman and then threatened the deputy.

St. Louis, Mo.-- An autopsy determined that a missing mother found Tuesday, dead in the trunk of her car, died from a single gunshot wound to the head.

Black Forest, Col.-- A 45-year-old man is in custody after shooting at the friend of his 22-year-old son around 1 a.m.
Wednesday. Instead of hitting the 24-year-old friend, he inadvertently hit his son twice. The friend had lived in the manís house, but that arrangement ended after a falling out. The friend was returning to pick up his belongings when the shooting took place.

Brooklyn, N.Y.-- A 90-year-old grandmother was shot twice in the arm around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday while walking to a coin laundry. The bullets came from a passing car and were apparently meant for nearby youths..

Chicago, Ill.-- A 17-year-old boy was found lying on a street Wednesday afternoon. He had been shot five times and was in serious condition at a local hospital.

Jacksonville, Fla.-- Three men, all in their 20s, were shot about 12:50 p.m. Wednesday while sitting in an empty lot playing cards and dominoes. The assailant walked up to them and began shooting. Two of the men have life threatening injuries. Police believe the shooter fled in a vehicle.

Bayou La Batre, Ala.-- Police arrested a 13-year-old eighth-grade male student after he brought a 25-caliber, semi-automatic pistol and a knife to school. The boy got the gun from a shed behind his house. He told police he was being bullied at school and wanted protection.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Tell us about your military service, "Vet."
Vet

Herndon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Jay: Not that it matters, but I was a Senior NONCOM, 25-years service in 2-branches, retired. And you?
Tired of Vet

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Did you push pencils for a living? Maybe you should spend more time remembering why you served instead of what everyone is doing wrong.
Redneck

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Vet wrote:
Jay: Not that it matters, but I was a Senior NONCOM, 25-years service in 2-branches, retired. And you?
Never heard a vet say he was a "noncom." When someone asks me about my military experience I say I am a retired chief petty officer. Lots of vets I know just say I'm a retired petty officer, sergeant, etc.

Guess we learn something new every day.

“Commander & Chef”

Since: Sep 11

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Vet wrote:
Support candidates and political parties that support SANE gun laws and regulations.
Bayou La Batre, Ala.-- Police arrested a 13-year-old eighth-grade male student after he brought a 25-caliber, semi-automatic pistol and a knife to school. The boy got the gun from a shed behind his house. He told police he was being bullied at school and wanted protection.
I think we should pass legislation requiring the national media to be strictly bi-partisan. While we are at it we can make it easy for politicians and regular citizens to sue them and bloggers for false and misleading statements.

They do far more damage to the national society than my guns ever have or are likely to.

What's that you say? It's unconstitutional. Well that's just too damn bad for the press. They caused this situation. We are going to fix it and make them pay. If they are going to attack our Constitutional Rights we are damn sure going to attack theirs.

If we don't have a right to defend ourselves against evil, they sure as hell don't have a right to spread lies about us.
Terry

Herndon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

LonePalm wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we should pass legislation requiring the national media to be strictly bi-partisan. While we are at it we can make it easy for politicians and regular citizens to sue them and bloggers for false and misleading statements.
They do far more damage to the national society than my guns ever have or are likely to.
What's that you say? It's unconstitutional. Well that's just too damn bad for the press. They caused this situation. We are going to fix it and make them pay. If they are going to attack our Constitutional Rights we are damn sure going to attack theirs.
If we don't have a right to defend ourselves against evil, they sure as hell don't have a right to spread lies about us.
LoanPalm: What happen, someone pee in your Wheaties? Why are you hating on Fox News? They are a solid Republican station through and through. I mean the Fox News boss, Roger Ailes, even said their business is getting Republicans elected. They gave a million dollars to the Republican Governor's Association in 2010 and zero to Democrats. You pass that law and they are out of business. And that also means no more Martha and Megyn to look at! Count me out!
Laughing

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

LonePalm, thanks for the laugh. "If they are going to attack our Constitutional Rights we are damn sure going to attack theirs." You musta given 'em hell in the sandbox when you were a toddler.

“Commander & Chef”

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Terry wrote:
<quoted text>
LoanPalm: What happen, someone pee in your Wheaties? Why are you hating on Fox News? They are a solid Republican station through and through. I mean the Fox News boss, Roger Ailes, even said their business is getting Republicans elected. They gave a million dollars to the Republican Governor's Association in 2010 and zero to Democrats. You pass that law and they are out of business. And that also means no more Martha and Megyn to look at! Count me out!
I'm sorry I wasn't obvious enough. It is a case of illustrating absurdity by being absurd.

Why would you or anyone think it acceptable for Vet to want to limit my 2nd amendment rights while it is for me to suggest in limiting the 1st amendment rights of the press and bloggers?

If you truly believe in Freedom and ALL of our Constitutionally protected rights than you will join me in shouting down these would be tyrants.

There is no way to violate one person's rights without endangering everyone's rights. There is no love lost between me and the members of the left in this country but I will still defend their rights in order to preserve my own. It is a great shame that they can't see the peril they place their own rights by pursuing gun control.

“Commander & Chef”

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

insert 'not acceptable' between is and for in the second paragraph

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

The 2nd Ammendment shall not be infringed upon...Period
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Terry wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone remember the network created to counter Fox? Some kind of fairness thing.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Its interesting how everyone is shooting the messenger (no pun intended) but not arguing the facts.

Still waiting on answer as to how we as responsible gun owners can stop the gun violence.
anon

Herndon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

responsible gun owners and non-gun owners will hear some solid gun safety recommendations out of the white house on tuesday. while doubtful they'll "stop" the gun violence, they will certainly help in many respects. so i guess we'll see if republicans can actually make the hard decision to support the president on what's good for the country, not what's good for their shrinking nra party base. i'm not overly optimistic republican politicians are up to the task, but hey, maybe the'll surprise us all and come through.

“Commander & Chef”

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Dr_Lecter wrote:
Its interesting how everyone is shooting the messenger (no pun intended) but not arguing the facts.
Still waiting on answer as to how we as responsible gun owners can stop the gun violence.
Start expediting and executing criminals who use or possess a firearm while attempting a felony. They don't even have to successfully complete the crime. Automatic appeal which must be completed within six months. Execution within one week after their ONE appeal is exhausted. No stays of execution.

Make justice sure and swift and you will be surprised how fast gun crime will drop.

Create a Federal Concealed carry license good anywhere in the country.

Offer immunity from prosecution and civil lawsuits for citizens with CCWs who use their weapon in stopping a crime in progress if they act in good faith. A variation on the Good Samaritan Laws.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

LonePalm wrote:
<quoted text>
Start expediting and executing criminals who use or possess a firearm while attempting a felony. They don't even have to successfully complete the crime. Automatic appeal which must be completed within six months. Execution within one week after their ONE appeal is exhausted. No stays of execution.
Make justice sure and swift and you will be surprised how fast gun crime will drop.
Offer immunity from prosecution and civil lawsuits for citizens with CCWs who use their weapon in stopping a crime in progress if they act in good faith. A variation on the Good Samaritan Laws.
Sounds like a good start. But what about the mentally ill, they don't care about jail or laws, they just want to make a statement and kill as many as they can before they die. These are all reactive solutions, what are the proactive measures?
John

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

LonePalm wrote:
<quoted text>
You have quite a few topix so that is why you are off topic. Should have x'd you
Redneck

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Read the Brevard Times article at the link I'm providing. I believe it is a balanced view. Pay close attention to the percentage of suicides where a gun was used.

http://government.brevardtimes.com/2013/01/ob...
furious

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Vet wrote:
Cambridge, Ohio -- A man fatally shot his 5-year-old son before turning the gun on himself in an apparent murder-suicide Wednesday afternoon.
Pleasant Valley, Ala.-- A 12-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his 12-year-old cousin. The boy wanted to show the victim a shotgun he had gotten for Christmas. He did not know it was loaded. The gun accidentally fired, hitting the cousin who was playing on a trampoline nearby.
Taft, Calif.-- At least two people were shot at Taft Union High School this morning. The suspected shooter is in custody. One victim was airlifted to a hospital, the second victim declined medical treatment.
St. Petersburg, Fla.-- An 18-year-old died about 6:30 p.m. Wednesday after accidentally shooting himself in the head while showing a handgun to friends on his back porch. The victims grandparents and uncle were inside the home at the time.
Columbus, Ohio -- A 24-year-old man was shot in a home about 1:45 a.m. Thursday. Four children were upstairs when the shooting occurred downstairs. Police are questioning three other adults who were in the home at the time of the shooting.
Lawton, Okla.-- A 35-year-old woman was found shot to death in her home shortly after 6 p.m. Wednesday.
Kansas City, Kan.-- Police called to an apartment about 7:30 p.m. Wednesday found one man shot dead and another wounded.
Durham, N. C.-- A male of unknown age is dead after being shot several times outside a convenience store just before midnight last night.
Oakland, Calif.-- A 20-year-old man sitting in a car was shot and killed about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Memphis, Tenn.-- One person was killed and another critically wounded in an apparent attempted murder-suicide. The incident happened after 8 p.m. Wednesday. Police believe the victim and shooter are neighbors.
Chicago, Ill.-- A 23-year-old man was found shot near an alley just before midnight Wednesday. He died about an hour later at a nearby hospital.
Tamarac, Fla.-- A Broward County deputy shot and killed a 60-year-old woman about 10:30 a. m. Wednesday after the woman allegedly shot and killed an elderly woman and then threatened the deputy.
St. Louis, Mo.-- An autopsy determined that a missing mother found Tuesday, dead in the trunk of her car, died from a single gunshot wound to the head.
Black Forest, Col.-- A 45-year-old man is in custody after shooting at the friend of his 22-year-old son around 1 a.m.
Wednesday. Instead of hitting the 24-year-old friend, he inadvertently hit his son twice. The friend had lived in the manís house, but that arrangement ended after a falling out. The friend was returning to pick up his belongings when the shooting took place.
Brooklyn, N.Y.-- A 90-year-old grandmother was shot twice in the arm around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday while walking to a coin laundry. The bullets came from a passing car and were apparently meant for nearby youths..
Chicago, Ill.-- A 17-year-old boy was found lying on a street Wednesday afternoon. He had been shot five times and was in serious condition at a local hospital.
Jacksonville, Fla.-- Three men, all in their 20s, were shot about 12:50 p.m. Wednesday while sitting in an empty lot playing cards and dominoes. The assailant walked up to them and began shooting. Two of the men have life threatening injuries. Police believe the shooter fled in a vehicle.
Are you a coward?

“Commander & Chef”

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
<quoted text>
You have quite a few topix so that is why you are off topic. Should have x'd you
Not off topic at all. I was asked what things that we as gun owners could do that would reduce gun violence while not infringing on our second amendment rights.

What measures would you like to see taken that would reduce gun violence without infringing on the our rights?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Kingsland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Kingsland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Kingsland News, Events & Info