First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wanna know

Saint Marys, GA

#1 Jun 14, 2013
Drove past El Porto the other day & the parking lot was empty.
What happened!!! Been eating there for years.
Its El Potro

Kingsland, GA

#2 Jun 14, 2013
They closed over a month ago. Done.
No Mexican Left Behind

Savannah, GA

#3 Jun 14, 2013
Casualty of the new Immigration Reform Act. While all illegals are busy filling out their DNP registration cards and getting SSN's so they are now eligible to drain what is left of your Social Security contributions, the new minority...law-abiding, natural-born, taxpaying American citizens are left to fend for themselves when they get a hankering for Mexican food, a car wash, or landscaping.

Welcome to the New World Order. Hope and Change. There is no hope for you...keep the change left over from your paycheck.
Really

Kingsland, GA

#4 Jun 14, 2013
wanna know wrote:
Drove past El Porto the other day & the parking lot was empty.
What happened!!! Been eating there for years.
Closed. Sad but true. You can find the manager over at Mi Casa waiting tables.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5 Jun 14, 2013
Too bad. It was a great place with great people running it..... and really good food! I never had a complaint with El Porto's food or service. They were a class act.
wanna know

Saint Marys, GA

#6 Jun 14, 2013
That is too bad. We have ate there forever & have always had great service. Our waitress was always Patty & she made you feel like part of the family.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#7 Jun 15, 2013
Once again, it was "El Potro," Spanish for "The Stallion."
Moron Jay

Kingsland, GA

#8 Jun 15, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Sorry, went to high school in Savanna and forgot how stupid I was.
Redneck

Saint Marys, GA

#9 Jun 15, 2013
Owner of El Potro is also part owner of San Jose Mexican Grill located near Home Depot in Yulee. The menu is basically the same as El Potro.

Have not been to Mi Casa but am guessing that the person from El Potro working there now is Javier, Chino's brother.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#10 Jun 15, 2013
The originator of the El Potro chain was a guy named Jamie something-or-other. That was a good 30 years ago. There are beau coup of them now. Don't know if it is the original owner still. I believe the first one was in Savannah.

I actually liked them better than the two full service ones we have left.
Redneck

Saint Marys, GA

#11 Jun 15, 2013
According to Chino there were 14 at one time but only six left. The only ones I know about is the one in Savannah, on Abercorn, and the one in Richmond Hill.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#12 Jun 16, 2013
There is a very busy one on Hwy 80 in Pooler, GA.,
just west of I-95.

The last time I ate there, not only was the staff Mexican but the majority of the customers as well.
Shelby

Saint Marys, GA

#14 Jun 16, 2013
They own another restaurant by a different name in Yulee in the Target/Home Depot shopping area. It's been there a couple of years.

Since: Jul 13

Kingsland, GA

#15 Jul 3, 2013
That sucks I really enjoyed their food.
Nothing here

Saint Marys, GA

#16 Jul 3, 2013
Move along folks nothing here. That is the way they want it. got so smart they will have nothing left in St. Marys.

the Movie theatre is next to go wait until the New I-Max gets opened in the fall it will clean this one out and it will close

I don't know how much the Yulee gang paid the City of Saint Mary's Council to run all the business over across the line. But is working just fine. Come over to Yulee it is happening place.
Sucker

Saint Marys, GA

#17 Jul 3, 2013
by the way, how is the sucker that took over Lucky Dogs doing laid out $5,000 of a local liquor license that has to be renewed in December.$10,000.00 to the city coffers What a deal. Over in Yulee it cost $1,000.00 for all the license guess he did not check to see how much the lay out was going to be.

There is a sucker born every day. Saint Marys will suck you dry if you do business here and throw you away just as soon as you complain.
Sucker

Saint Marys, GA

#18 Jul 3, 2013
Another sucker out on Kings Bay road trying to get a liquor license. Another sucker keep them coming we need the cash to off set the Water and Sewage fees. Keep on coming you suckers.
Bow Wow

Kingsland, GA

#19 Jul 3, 2013
Sucker wrote:
by the way, how is the sucker that took over Lucky Dogs doing laid out $5,000 of a local liquor license that has to be renewed in December.$10,000.00 to the city coffers What a deal. Over in Yulee it cost $1,000.00 for all the license guess he did not check to see how much the lay out was going to be.
There is a sucker born every day. Saint Marys will suck you dry if you do business here and throw you away just as soon as you complain.
Lucky Dawgs is packing them in.$5,000 is not a problem. But it is not $5,000 any way.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#20 Jul 3, 2013
Sunshinez Day wrote:
That sucks I really enjoyed their food.
Agreed. Far and away the best and most authentic Mexican food I've had in Camden County -with the notable exception of my Mexican- American neighbor across the street.

Peppers is okay. Mi Casa sucks. As take out/fast food goes, Barberitos is quite good. Just not crazy about eating from a plastic basket. Go for take out and put it on a plate when you get home.
Jorge

Kingsland, GA

#21 Jul 3, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
And I thought it was "el Putro," Spanish for ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush pulls Prez trigger, Democrats cheer! 6 hr Dr_Lecter 18
Great job, Mr. President, great job! 7 hr Lenny 18
Republicans exonerate everyone on Benghazi 9 hr Dr_Lecter 22
JDA vs Private Business 11 hr Mike 6
Camden County JDA;Have they done good? 14 hr He Is Back 9
Fix St. Marys 18 hr Clear Voice 9
Big Bucks seized by CCSO 20 hr English speaker 4
Kingsland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web