Willie Jewell's Old School Barbecue
Anon

Herndon, PA

#21 Dec 16, 2012
Are you talking about the place where the caught the dude cooking dog meat???

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#22 Dec 16, 2012
Wrong, a-hole.

My favorite barbecue in Savannah was a little hole-in-the wall place in an alley off of Price St. in downtown Savannah. It was Wall's Barbecue. Owned and operated by a Black woman. They stayed open until about 3:00 AM.
Really

Saint Marys, GA

#23 Dec 16, 2012
Mood's would have been way to crude for the likes of Master Chef Moreno. Sitting on the hood of your car two handing your bbq bun with a bag of chips and shooting the shit with friends and strangers alike. Now that was fine dining!!
Anon

Herndon, PA

#24 Dec 16, 2012
Really wrote:
Mood's would have been way to crude for the likes of Master Chef Moreno. Sitting on the hood of your car two handing your bbq bun with a bag of chips and shooting the shit with friends and strangers alike. Now that was fine dining!!
Can you imagine Mr. Moody's reaction if Moreno tried to critique his BBQ sauce or tell him how to cook pork? The little fat man would sure have to pull out his food inspector handbook when he caught sight of the containers that Mr. Moody sold his secret sauce in. I don't think Moreno would dare get out of his entitlement van once he saw us savages drinking beer and sucking ribs in the parking lot. Most of the people I know couldn't even find Moody's without some help from a local native.
George

United States

#25 Dec 16, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you imagine Mr. Moody's reaction if Moreno tried to critique his BBQ sauce or tell him how to cook pork? The little fat man would sure have to pull out his food inspector handbook when he caught sight of the containers that Mr. Moody sold his secret sauce in. I don't think Moreno would dare get out of his entitlement van once he saw us savages drinking beer and sucking ribs in the parking lot. Most of the people I know couldn't even find Moody's without some help from a local native.
Hey Now!! There was a bunch of us crackers enjoying fine BBQ and Beer with you savages. I do miss that man and his cooking.
sdfgdfg

United States

#26 Dec 16, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you imagine Mr. Moody's reaction if Moreno tried to critique his BBQ sauce or tell him how to cook pork? The little fat man would sure have to pull out his food inspector handbook when he caught sight of the containers that Mr. Moody sold his secret sauce in. I don't think Moreno would dare get out of his entitlement van once he saw us savages drinking beer and sucking ribs in the parking lot. Most of the people I know couldn't even find Moody's without some help from a local native.
Blue bldg with a "hybrid" floor
Get High

Saint Marys, GA

#27 Dec 16, 2012
sdfgdfg wrote:
<quoted text>Blue bldg with a "hybrid" floor
Damn, for you to know about the sloping floor tells me you probably got your Sunday best on to dine inside sitting down. Mr. Moody would stick his cooking fork in a chunk of meat and walk around the few tables so everyone could get a good whiff. That man loved his work.
anon

Herndon, PA

#28 Dec 16, 2012
puff puff pass

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#29 Dec 17, 2012
sdfgdfg wrote:
<quoted text>Blue bldg with a "hybrid" floor
Exactly. East side of Hwy 17 north of Kingsland.

Every time I went by there, hoping to try it, it appeared to be closed - and I'm talking from back in August of 1993.
Really

Saint Marys, GA

#30 Dec 17, 2012
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. East side of Hwy 17 north of Kingsland.
Every time I went by there, hoping to try it, it appeared to be closed - and I'm talking from back in August of 1993.
Or because it wasn't a stuff your face all you can eat untill you explode kinda place.
jww

Clayton, MI

#31 Dec 17, 2012
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. East side of Hwy 17 north of Kingsland.
Every time I went by there, hoping to try it, it appeared to be closed - and I'm talking from back in August of 1993.
It was never closed, just appeared that way because he knew that you were coming.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#32 Dec 17, 2012
How about you, a-hole? Bring it on. I'm out and about daily.
anon the almighty

Herndon, PA

#33 Dec 18, 2012
you know Jay one day someone is going to take you up on your offer even if you appear to be a crippled up ole man then :

(a) you will be getting some more free money from your lawsuit.

(b) you will be back in jail again for actually shooting someone for no reason in a "sit your chair" defense.

Since: Dec 12

Kingsland, GA

#34 Dec 18, 2012
Smoked Turkey was very good. Go try and support a local business.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#35 Dec 19, 2012
Wow!

Joe Loomis spent some major bucks running a huge ad featurig the entire Sonny's menu in today's T&G.

No sweat, Joe.

You run a tight ship with a consistently good product and an excellent wait staff.

You might lose a few young "in crowd" trendoids temporarily but not enough to worry about.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#36 Dec 19, 2012
Back to the subject, not Jay. The standing in line to order is not so great because of the price you pay and the time it takes. It is expensive for what you get. The BBQ pork was okay. I wouldn't have a craving for it. I agree with the other post that it is expensive for what you get. An order of onion rings for $4.50 is an indication of the overly expensive items. I wish all businesses the best of luck and hope this one can survive. It may be that the over head requires the price.
on the take

Herndon, PA

#37 Dec 19, 2012
old man moody's they said was dog if so it was the best dog i ever ate and would pay to eat it again
Nest best ive ever had wa in K.C. was just as good.
no jay would not ea at moodys the only place ive seen with indoor dirt floors
George

United States

#38 Dec 19, 2012
on the take wrote:
old man moody's they said was dog if so it was the best dog i ever ate and would pay to eat it again
Nest best ive ever had wa in K.C. was just as good.
no jay would not ea at moodys the only place ive seen with indoor dirt floors
They cook real good dog in Mexico also.
ye herd

Saint Marys, GA

#39 Dec 19, 2012
Moreno Jay wrote:
Wrong, a-hole.
My favorite barbecue in Savannah was a little hole-in-the wall place in an alley off of Price St. in downtown Savannah. It was Wall's Barbecue. Owned and operated by a Black woman. They stayed open until about 3:00 AM.
I thought you like the Old Mammies Kitchen out on 17 south, back in the day.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#40 Dec 19, 2012
No.

The order of preference was Wall's Barbecue, Jonnny Harris, Mammie's Kitchen (not "Old Mammies Kitchen".)

Twin Oaks in Brunswick, under the original owners, was good also. Not worth a damn now.

There was a great place in Claxton too, but I can't remember the name. South side of Hwy 80, west of Claxton Fruitcake bakery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wow, actual coward calling cop a coward 3 hr Ospreynites 14
Understanding Liberals 5 hr LonePalm 2
St Marys New Library 8 hr Jorge 3
Mueller flips another perp enroute Trump 9 hr Former Ospreyite 1
Slow Motion Mass Shootings 12 hr Lessons that counted 30
Arm teachers? Fri Yachtsman 17
Trump on preventing mass shootings: 'we're goin... Fri Yachtsman 8

Kingsland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kingsland Mortgages