ALkina daniels for district commissioner....sketchy

Posted in the Kingsland Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
undecided

Kingsland, GA

#1 Jun 2, 2010
I am an employee of Mr. Alkina Daniels. And i dont know what to think about this guy.. i break my back everyday for him with no days off ,while trying in ALL of my spare time to scrap enough metal, aluminum cans to car frames, to be able to support myself financially. I havent had a day to just relax in i dont know how long. This is because the wages I recieve are a slap to the face from Mr. Daniels. I get $6.00/hr to deliver food and an extra $1.25 for every delivery i make . that sounds all nice. the truth is some of our deliveries are 30 miles round trip. my truck gets 18 miles to the gallon.if i get two of these , in one day , just these two, it costs me $8.72 just to make it there. i get $2.50 for that . i have to work a part time job to afford to go to work for Mr. Daniels. i mean is another $1.25 an hour really going to hurt Mr. Daniels?? dont i work hard enough to make at least minimum wage. Or am i just that unimportant to you. spend a day with my family and you will know they are worth it . but if thats the way it is ,, and they say "it is what it is", well i hope that Mr. AL doesnt expect my vote to be for him for District Commissioner. Beacuse I love my family. and my fellow camden countians . i will not have bondage like this in Camden County. and I dont wish anyone else to tolerate it either.
royal treatment

Saint Marys, GA

#2 Jun 3, 2010
Who is mr. daniels and where do you work?
Clue

Saint Marys, GA

#3 Jun 3, 2010
I think this disturbed soul is speaking of Al Daniels, owner of Dominos in Kingsland. Didn't now Daniels was running for anything. Sounds like Undecided is one of those people who wants to blame everyone but him/her self for their lot in life.
royal treatment

Saint Marys, GA

#4 Jun 3, 2010
Clue wrote:
I think this disturbed soul is speaking of Al Daniels, owner of Dominos in Kingsland. Didn't now Daniels was running for anything. Sounds like Undecided is one of those people who wants to blame everyone but him/her self for their lot in life.
how can he pay you 6 bucks an hour when min. wage is 7.25 hour?
do_you_like_fish sticks

Kingsland, GA

#5 Jun 5, 2010
DEf. AL of Dominoes. i dont really know if its legal.all drivers get paid 6.00 an hour. this post was discussed at the company meeting this morning. mr. Daniels pointed out that we make a lot more than most waitresses.HE DID fail to mention that we do DRIVE for our job. :/
undecided

Kingsland, GA

#6 Jun 5, 2010
Clue wrote:
I think this disturbed soul is speaking of Al Daniels, owner of Dominos in Kingsland. Didn't now Daniels was running for anything. Sounds like Undecided is one of those people who wants to blame everyone but him/her self for their lot in life.
My friends are losing there cars and homes. They sleep in a shed with a matress in it. i made $370 last month. i cant afford my doctor bills. im just scared. you work hard, and you think your hard work will pay off. but its not. i could be a manager but that would mean a drop in pay. there is no incentive in this company but plenty of false hope
Marion

Madison, WI

#7 Jun 6, 2010
undecided wrote:
<quoted text>
My friends are losing there cars and homes. They sleep in a shed with a matress in it. i made $370 last month. i cant afford my doctor bills. im just scared. you work hard, and you think your hard work will pay off. but its not. i could be a manager but that would mean a drop in pay. there is no incentive in this company but plenty of false hope
Yet you have enough money to post here.
simpleminded

Saint Marys, GA

#8 Jul 28, 2010
Marion wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you have enough money to post here.
Amazing!! Marion, anyone can post anything here without cost. Although I do find it difficult to believe someone can work that much and only make 370.00 in a month. Delivery drivers make tips, thats how it is legal to pay employees less than minimum wage. However, you can never count on tips. As far as the medical expenses this person has, why doesnt MR. Daniels have health insurance for his employees? An employer can get much better group rates than any individual can get. Sure, this person can quit and get another job, if the economy was better. Jobs are few and far between now a days, employers know this and take advantage. When there is a desperate need for jobs, it is rare to find an employer who actually cares about the employees. To them, employees are a dime a dozen. They have a stack of applications, so it matters not one iota. Granted, good help is hard to find, good employers are harder to find. Good meaning, honest, fair, and who really care, not just pretend to care for a show. I have heard much about this man, some praise him, most dont though. So, from what I hear, and have read, the good things he does is just a cover up for what he really is. I wouldn't vote for him either!
simpleminded

Saint Marys, GA

#9 Jul 28, 2010
do_you_like_fishsticks wrote:
DEf. AL of Dominoes. i dont really know if its legal.all drivers get paid 6.00 an hour. this post was discussed at the company meeting this morning. mr. Daniels pointed out that we make a lot more than most waitresses.HE DID fail to mention that we do DRIVE for our job.:/
Interesting that he sugar coated your pay and compared you to a waitress, who doesnt use their gas, or vehicle to perform the job. I think a waitress can wait on 5-6 tables at a time, I doubt you can drive to that many places at once. Sounds like he is doing a great job of snow blowing you!
simpleminded

Saint Marys, GA

#10 Jul 28, 2010
Clue wrote:
I think this disturbed soul is speaking of Al Daniels, owner of Dominos in Kingsland. Didn't now Daniels was running for anything. Sounds like Undecided is one of those people who wants to blame everyone but him/her self for their lot in life.
Sounds like you are Mr Al!
Jolly Roger

United States

#11 Jul 29, 2010
just another day at the corporate office. When will it end? People working for the "man" and not even getting by, while "the man" rolls his fat ass in the dough.
Close Talker

Saint Marys, GA

#12 Jul 29, 2010
It's called capitalism. Get in where you fit in. Last I checked, no one is forced to work for "the man". Let's keep rewarding those with welfare so that they are not incline to work.
simpleminded

Saint Marys, GA

#13 Jul 29, 2010
Capitolism is one thing, greed is completely different. Ignorance, they say is bliss, that post by Close Talker was the most ignorant comment I have seen. Check the unemployment rate, the economy!! Only the people who think the world owes them a living wants to be on welfare, they know how to work the system and do so they dont have to work. Just because one can, as you say "Get in where you fit in" does not give one entitlement to take advantage of the financially disadvantaged. No one is forced to work for "The Man" whoever that might be, unless of course you have a family to feed, and it's the only job offer that comes along. It's human nature to do whatever it takes so one can take care of the family. Employers like this take full advantage of those circumstances. I dont believe it is a life long goal for 99% of people to be on welfare. Unfortunately we have companies, employers who hire illegals,(not saying this one does) pay them cheap, avoid taxes, and the others who just pay them what the law lets them get by with, and screw them anyway they can, but as long as their pockets are full, could care less about anyone else. I guess you are one of those, with a comment like that!
Sir-Real

Saint Marys, GA

#14 Jul 30, 2010
simpleminded wrote:
Capitolism is one thing, greed is completely different. Ignorance, they say is bliss, that post by Close Talker was the most ignorant comment I have seen. Check the unemployment rate, the economy!! Only the people who think the world owes them a living wants to be on welfare, they know how to work the system and do so they dont have to work. Just because one can, as you say "Get in where you fit in" does not give one entitlement to take advantage of the financially disadvantaged. No one is forced to work for "The Man" whoever that might be, unless of course you have a family to feed, and it's the only job offer that comes along. It's human nature to do whatever it takes so one can take care of the family. Employers like this take full advantage of those circumstances. I dont believe it is a life long goal for 99% of people to be on welfare. Unfortunately we have companies, employers who hire illegals,(not saying this one does) pay them cheap, avoid taxes, and the others who just pay them what the law lets them get by with, and screw them anyway they can, but as long as their pockets are full, could care less about anyone else. I guess you are one of those, with a comment like that!
We are talking about making and delivering "pizza's" aren't we? It is not a career job and doesn't require a highly developed set of skills. Life is not fair and during bad economic times, people will do what they have to to feed their families, but to insinuate that working at a fast food pizza place should pay enough to feed an entire family is ludicrous. It is entry level, low skill, part-time work except maybe the managers position.
John

Omaha, NE

#15 Jul 10, 2011
All of these rhetorics about Mr. daniels is false. He owns the Dominoes in Brunswick Ga and He is a great giver. Oneday I had my two nephews in walmart and he stop me and said, " hey can I feed you and you sons today,". I said sure. I know God sent this man because I did not haeve enough money to get the things i needed. This man helps out in thise community immensely and he deserves every vote for the miniority community. I mean come on, give him credit. He only runs the franchise. We all know that food enterprises don't pay enough so please dont judge him in that matter. He is a great man
Be Careful

Kingsland, GA

#16 Jul 11, 2011
Those of you who don't know Al Daniels should beware. He will promise you the world and you'll be lucky if he delivers you a neighborhood.
Hope

United States

#17 Jul 11, 2011
Money and power are the roots of all evils. Remember that!
Right

Saint Marys, GA

#18 Sep 19, 2011
It's kind of ironic how similar the name Marion is to the word moron. Ironic in your case I mean.
Right

Saint Marys, GA

#19 Sep 19, 2011
John

Omaha, NE

What a load of shit.
A Previous Employee

Herndon, PA

#20 Aug 11, 2012
Look, everyone has their good side and their bad. Mr. Daniels is a good man. The person who started this post is crazy. I worked for Mr. Daniels and I worked for Domino's Pizza for over 5 years. The food industry is a hard industry to work in to begin with. If you don't know anything about Domino's Pizza, the system they use, the procedures that the franchise can not change, then please, keep your opinions to yourself. The reason drivers only get $6 and hour is because they are considered BY LAW tipped employees. Just like a waiter or waitress, they work for their tips. They get mileage reimbursement for EVERY delivery they make. Domino's has a 9 mile rule. That person who said they travel up to 30 miles round trip is lying. The boundary is 9 miles. If you go over that, the manager is usually willing to give you extra mileage for your effort from the store's drawer. The person who posted this needs to get a new truck or ask to work on the inside and get paid min wage if they are having that big of a problem making money. Just as you give bad service at a restaurant as a waiter or waitress, you don't receive a good tip. The same goes to this job as a driver. When I worked for them, I made so much money because I called the customer before I left the store to let them know I was on my way, I had doggy treats and lollipops in my car in case there was a dog or child that come to the door, I brought plates and napkins to businesses, hotels and schools, I always had a smile on my face, I had my shirt tucked in and looked great in my uniform which was clean and I called them by their name. I had GREAT customer service. This person obviously didn't do any of this because they didn't make any money. I don't feel sorry for you at all. You can make a career out of this job and make more than someone would think but you have to act like you enjoy it. If you are a great driver, you could take up to 3 deliveries an hour. Oh and by the way, when you are on the road, you are making 6/hr but when you aren't on a delivery, you are making min wage, to make up for the deliveries you aren't making. And the only reason I am no longer with Mr. Daniels anymore is because I moved. He is actually invited to my wedding. So, please, if you don't know the facts, please keep your opinions to yourself. He has his bad days but he is human just like the rest of us. Remember that before you judge someone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Nutter's bud Barack's new BFFs 18 min Lori 3
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 21 min rename 55,806
Moreno's Public Endorsements 39 min Boris 106
Candidates must kiss Mother Earth Kearn's Green... 2 hr TruthAsWeKnowIt 14
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 2 hr Just a Thought 2,058
Atlanta rappers lose freestyle battle to woman,... 9 hr LonePalm 1
atv park (Sep '08) Sep 20 Tweeter83 11
•••
•••
•••

Kingsland Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Kingsland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Kingsland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kingsland
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••