Stringtag

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

One of the candidates, Alison Crews, 40, has been suspended as clerk of Magistrate Court pending an investigation.

Chief Magistrate Jennifer Lewis said Wednesday the suspension will be in effect until the completion of an investigation. Lewis stressed there is no suspicion of criminal wrongdoing.

Read more at Jacksonville.com : http://jacksonville.com/news/georgia/2013-03-...
ANON

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Beau Sweatt is the only qualified canditate in this race.
IDK

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

ANON wrote:
Beau Sweatt is the only qualified canditate in this race.
That would be your opinion, not mine.
humm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Really! Could this be another Shirley! way to go people if you voted for her

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

IDK

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Jay, you do realize that they sell the paper to the general public daily don't you.....this news was old yesterday when you made your trustworthy source announcement. There is really no need for you to act as a town cryer.....really.
Interesting

Woodbine, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Chief Magistrate Jennifer Lewis said Wednesday the suspension will be in effect until the completion of an investigation. Lewis stressed there is no suspicion of criminal wrongdoing.

“This is a personnel matter, and I’m trying to respect the privacy of everyone involved,’’ Lewis said

Now that's funny seeing as how rumors have been flying out of someones big mouth at Magistrate court regarding this issue for the last week and now going to respect everyones privacy, well that will be a first.... One might suspect a little professional jealousy or dirty politics from someone in the courthouse, kind of funny one week before the election.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Don't you know that we only release details, drop charges, press charges, accept pleas, and discover grow house ownerships AFTER elections in Camden County?

Damn, man - pay attention!
The courthouse steps

Woodbine, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

the word out of the Grand Magistrate today is....

“This is a personnel matter, and I’m trying to respect the privacy of everyone involved,’’ Lewis said (I have to wonder was that said with a straight face)

That didn't last long she gave a phone interview with the T & G today for tomorrows issue to come out just in time for Tuesday's election.

Word is:
After the election if Crews isn't elected to the office of Probate court she will be reinstated to her position at Clerk of Court at Magistrate Court with her suspension having "served its purpose" and she will be on a probationary period.

Still funny that since the days Judge Strickland was in office this is the most severe punishement handed down with no prior deficiencies in someones file. No oral reprimand, no written reprimand just straight to suspension without pay pending an investigation by none other than the "honorable" Lewis. And all of this because a co worker claims Crews said I wish I had your families support but understand either way, I just have to wonder if that same VERBAL no campaigning on the job policy is going to be in place when Lewis is scratching and fighting for her job when her term is up.... Oh the joys of small towns, loose lips and smoke breaks at the courthouse oh and judges that gossip..
WhyisJudgeTalkin gtoPress

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

If its a personal matter, then why is Judge Lewis doing interviews with the Tribune Georgian and Florida Times Union? Sounds like the Judge may have a personal axe to grind. If so, the County could wind up back in another legal mess.
ANON

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

What is the investigation about? Should be more to it than just asking someone for there support,

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

ANON wrote:
What is the investigation about? Should be more to it than just asking someone for there support,
Did you miss the fact that the person alledgedly asked for support while on the clock was an employee of the court who was a subordinate of Ms. Crews?

If true, that, Camden tradition though it may be, is legally a major no-no.

Judge Lewis did exactly the right thing.

I'm sure a properly chastised Ms. Crews will return to her job a little wiser after the election and continue to do a good job
Double interesting

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Interesting wrote:
“This is a personnel matter, and I’m trying to respect the privacy of everyone involved,’’ Lewis said
Now that's funny seeing as how rumors have been flying out of someones big mouth at Magistrate court regarding this issue for the last week and now going to respect everyones privacy, well that will be a first.... One might suspect a little professional jealousy or dirty politics from someone in the courthouse, kind of funny one week before the election.
Thought the same. There is no privacy when family talks among family who the talk among friends and co-workers.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you miss the fact that the person alledgedly asked for support while on the clock was an employee of the court who was a subordinate of Ms. Crews?
I'm sure a properly chastised Ms. Crews will return to her job a little wiser after the election and continue to do a good job
Jay I totally disagree. There are way too many variables here to rush to such a harsh decision. What we have here is a subordinate employee that made an accusation against her boss. Just because she made one doesn't make it true. In what context did this conversation take place? Was she responding to something that the subordinate said to her? Although an investigation into the matter may have been warranted, I think the Judge made a rash decision in administering disciplinary action before conducting a thorough investigation. Furthermore, the timing and circumstances surrounding this entire incident is very suspect. I would be interested in knowing just how long Ms. Crews has been suspended and was it with or without pay and for how long. If she had no previous disciplinary actions, then I question why she was so harshly punished. Is there a written policy (SOP) that addresses this type of issue? I would also like to know whether or not the very Judge taking disciplinary action against Ms. Crews has had any discussions with her regarding her running for public office. If so, wouldn't she too have broken her own policies and procedures?

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Absolutely not.

How in the hell would you expect the judge to be informed of her decision to run - by semaphore signals?
IDK

Mcdonough, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree. The judge did not cause the suspension, but merely enforced a regulation against political campaigning in a government facility. Probably a first for Camden.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

You are all assuming an awful lot. If the investigation is ongoing then why suspend her until said investigation was complete. What happened to being innocent until proven guilty. Jay you can't have it both ways either you can discuss campaigns on the clock or you can't. The judge is no exception to the rules. As a matter of fact, she should be held to a higher standard. Nothing says that Ms. Crews has to notify Judge Lewis of her intent to run for any public office. It is her right as a US citizen and resident of Camden County to do so. We get that you aren't voting for Ms. Crews but stop trying to crusify her and wait until you know all the facts rather than assuming crap and trying to stir the pot.
Interesting

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Camden clerk says her suspension timed to hurt chances in probate judge race

Posted: March 14, 2013 - 4:44pm

View this story on the All-Access Members site

By Terry Dickson

Allison Crews, a candidate in Tuesday’s election for Camden County probate judge, said Thursday her suspension from her job as clerk of Magistrate Court was timed to hurt her chances in the race.

Crews said her suspension resulted from a conversation with another employee that happened in mid-January.

Chief Magistrate Jennifer Lewis said Wednesday she had suspended Crews until the completion of an investigation of a personnel matter. Because it is a personnel matter, Lewis said she could not provide further details but stressed no crimes were committed.

Lewis said there was no delay on her part.

“It was reported to me in writing on March 4. I acted on it on March 5,’’ she said.

Crews said the conversation was with someone she supervises but had nothing to do with that person’s job performance or status. She said she told staff member she was disappointed to have not gotten her support in the election.

“The employee said she was uncomfortable and felt pressured into supporting me,” Crews said.“To my knowledge, she hasn’t supported me. I’m OK with that.”

She was suspended without pay on March 5.

Crews said she also will not get her vacation pay for days off she had scheduled this week and next week to campaign.

If she is not elected, Crews said she wants to be reinstated.

“If I don’t win, and I’m not fired, I intend to go back,’’ she said

Read more at Jacksonville.com : http://jacksonville.com/news/georgia/2013-03-...
humm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
You are all assuming an awful lot. If the investigation is ongoing then why suspend her until said investigation was complete. What happened to being innocent until proven guilty. Jay you can't have it both ways either you can discuss campaigns on the clock or you can't. The judge is no exception to the rules. As a matter of fact, she should be held to a higher standard. Nothing says that Ms. Crews has to notify Judge Lewis of her intent to run for any public office. It is her right as a US citizen and resident of Camden County to do so. We get that you aren't voting for Ms. Crews but stop trying to crusify her and wait until you know all the facts rather than assuming crap and trying to stir the pot.
You need to wake up and read a policy manual! As we live and work in the state of Georgia, we are at will employees. That means we can leave without notice,or get fired fired without notice. Also, you can be suspended without pay until a investigation is done in a complaint against you,or the employer has the right to keep you on working if he or she feels that the problem isn't to bad. Now im guessing judge Lewis thought this was bad and needed her out of the office, since she was bothering a coworker with the "vote for me, vote for me" crap. I for one say good job judge! Show some ball! No pun intended
Voted

Dalmatia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Mr. Sweat stated at Weds. debate that if elected he intends to remain Municipal Judge in Kingsland along with being a "full time" Probate Judge.
I guess we can add greed to Mr. Sweat's attributes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Kingsland Forum right now

Search the Kingsland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 6 min silverfox 50,047
Which pest control? 53 min Oh snap 14
Seeking a mechanic 59 min Oh snap 14
Hardcases at B&B Custom Hardscapes Tue Church Lady 36
Today Jul 28 Jay Moreno 6
kingsland adventure park Jul 27 screw Julian 74
Residential car lots Jul 27 Milly 97
•••
•••
•••
•••

Kingsland Jobs

•••