kingsland adventure park

Posted in the Kingsland Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Mr Spock

Kingsland, GA

#1 Feb 18, 2014
One zoning sign out for this along scrubby bluff. Wonder why they did not place a sign closer to the school and church?
anon

Kingsland, GA

#2 Feb 18, 2014
citizens need to step up and fight this. With all the empty storefronts in this county there is no way building extra retail space will ever succeed. They are numerous hidden expenses with this project that no one is talking about. Beware Kingsland the devil is in the details. To many government loans and Tad involved. This project won't work in Kingsland.
Disappointed

Kingsland, GA

#3 Feb 19, 2014
I agree this project seems more about backroom arm twisting by a local developer than prudent economic sense. Just drive up and down I-95 from Savannah to the Ga./Fla. line you will see numerous empty or half full strip malls and empty storefronts. Not to mention the numerous similar projects that have been scraped and abandoned along this same roadway. Ask Adventure Landing and a few others how competing against Disney World and Sea World is going? This is a bottomless pit of stupidity. I hope people wake up before it's to late.
Mr Spock

Alachua, FL

#4 Feb 19, 2014
My point was the fact that the sign is not where one would expect it to be. Seems to have been located in such a manner as to garner the least attention and/or make it look as the sign is for an addition to the subdivision that it is placed next to.
oh boy

Saint Marys, GA

#5 Feb 26, 2014
first we b!cth they do not bring jobs and taxes in the county, and now we b!cth because they do bring jobs and taxes to the county!!!!!!
Kill joy

Kingsland, GA

#6 Feb 26, 2014
I spoke with John Peterson about this today. He said the Disney Corp is backing this. He is behind it 100%.
Jorge

Saint Marys, GA

#7 Feb 26, 2014
Who is John Peterson? Why would Disney back something that will take dollars away from Orlando?
Loose change

Kingsland, GA

#8 Feb 28, 2014
Kill joy wrote:
I spoke with John Peterson about this today. He said the Disney Corp is backing this. He is behind it 100%.
That is Horse hockey !!! They can't even get the loans to move this project forward. That's why this TAD is being pushed.
AMEN

Kingsland, GA

#9 Mar 3, 2014
Repeat: TAD is an attempt by wealthy land speculators/developers to stick individual homeowners with all the risk while wealthy land speculators/developers will enjoy all the profits of ill conceived get rich schemes. If development of your land is such a hot idea, spend your own money to develop it and leave me out of it. Meanwhile, pay your fair share of property tax just like the rest of us.
Resident

Kingsland, GA

#10 Mar 3, 2014
Residents storm Planning and Zoning Meeting tonight. The message was NO PARK IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD !!!!!!!!!! We are tired of these backroom developer deals. Don't Bill Gross own some land out in the country ? Build it on the east side of U S !7 south of Kingsland next to his house.
Anonymous

Kingsland, GA

#11 Mar 3, 2014
I wouldn't Exactly call it storming the meeting. There were maybe 20 to 25 people there all toll most were opposed, but if people in the affected neighborhoods don't get off their asses and get the word spread people that have children attending David L Reyner and going to the church next door they're going to pass this thing. This whole thing has been sneaky and underhanded from the very beginning with very little word coming out about what's going on. When the topic of May Creek Road came out they were thinking about issuing gate passes? Really? Can you imagine the traffic jam up and down Maycreek while people are inserting their key cards into a gate go up and down? Really? Come on people get your friends your neighbors to the next meeting, we must show up in force!
Mr Spock

Silver Springs, FL

#12 Mar 4, 2014
Jorge wrote:
Who is John Peterson? Why would Disney back something that will take dollars away from Orlando?
Peterson is the county planning and zoning director. This is in the city so he has nothing to do with this. However he just may be for it.
Mr Spock

Silver Springs, FL

#13 Mar 4, 2014
Where did they hold this meeting?
captain kirk

Denver, CO

#14 Mar 4, 2014
At City Hall, wre al planingand onig meetings ae held.
Worried

Kingsland, GA

#15 Mar 4, 2014
These politicians will have Camden County looking like Detroit if they keep this up. Empty storefronts and slums. Low income housing and failed pie in the sky developments. All this in the name of keeping local developers fat and in the tax payers pockets.
Fitzer

Saint Marys, GA

#16 Mar 28, 2014
This topic intrigues me. I am not from Kingsland, but since being stationed here I have heard that the rich in this county tend to make things a lot worse for those on the opposite side. Are they going ahead with building the theme park? What are the real ramifications of building this Amusement park? It seems like Camden county has alot of abandoned business spaces why is that?
Greasy Palm

Kingsland, GA

#17 Mar 28, 2014
The real ram is the part where they are building it no matter what you necks say or do'...
anon

Saint Marys, GA

#18 Mar 28, 2014
Final decision will be Monday night at the City Council meeting.
City Council meeting was postponed because two of the City Council
representatives were in Washington at the Fly In spending the taxpayers Money.
Knowanon

Kingsland, GA

#19 Mar 28, 2014
Anon u rong. Nothing final Monday.
Yorker

Kingsland, GA

#20 Mar 29, 2014
Only way it will stop is when the developer gets turned down for all the loans to build then poor ole Billy will have to go somewhere else to make his monay

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judy Thurner Running For Council 6 hr Big Dog 3
T&G Letter Scorches Jay Moreno 7 hr Laughing Bob 72
To Donald Trump: You have sacrificed nothing 7 hr Lucy 3
Democratic National Convention summary 7 hr Truth 2
2016 City Council Election 7 hr LMAO 78
You have to vote for me. No I don't. 7 hr Larry 1
Republican site tell truth re Trump 8 hr Joseph 3

Kingsland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance