Social Security Administration To Purchase 174 Thousand Rounds Of Hollow Point Bullets

Jan 30, 2013 Full story: 12
First it was the Department of Homeland Security, then it was the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and now the Social Security Administration is set to purchase 174,000 rounds of hollow point bullets that will be delivered to 41 locations across the country. Full Story

Since: Apr 08

Down the Road

#1 Jan 30, 2013
So we have a government by the people and for the people. Is that government hiding a secret? Is that government an entity of it's own? The first amendment allows me the freedom of speech, the freedom to ask why the Social Security Administration to need bullets.
Maybe Joseph Watson was mistaken.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#2 Jan 30, 2013
The purchase is old news. If you Goggle the purchase you will find other agencies doing the same. What you will not find is any explanation of why and no out cry from our representatives. No one has come up with any reasonable explanation. Most of this started in 2012. I don't understand why there is not greater concern.
Anon

Irving, TX

#3 Feb 3, 2013
This link explains the reason for purchase.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/...

and apparently, there is even an SSA blog about it ... but I haven't located the blog.
Anonymous thinker

Saint Marys, GA

#4 Feb 3, 2013
Anon wrote:
This link explains the reason for purchase.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/...
and apparently, there is even an SSA blog about it ... but I haven't located the blog.
I read an heard the response. Hollow points on the firing range? How about Cadillac on the police training tracks?
Grandma

Herndon, PA

#5 Feb 7, 2013
They're afraid of a lynching mob made up of grandmothers.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#6 Feb 7, 2013
Big question that has been raised and not answered as why hollow points. It is not realistic that you would use those on a firing range. No sense to that and no explanation.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#7 Feb 8, 2013
Because they are much more efficacious in achieving their intended purpose than nerf bullets, you silly ass.

Moroever,they are much less likely to "overpenetrate" and kill not only the savage that needed killing but the innocent civilian standing behind the scum.

You train with what you actually carry in your weapon.
Gun Noob

Woodbine, GA

#8 Feb 8, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Because they are much more efficacious in achieving their intended purpose than nerf bullets, you silly ass.
Moroever,they are much less likely to "overpenetrate" and kill not only the savage that needed killing but the innocent civilian standing behind the scum.
Generally speaking, you don't train with what you carry. Most folks train with cheap ammo and carry high dollar ammo. Yes, you want to test the ammo you are going to carry just in case but you don't shoot high dollar brass everytime you go to the range.

At today's prices you don't even want to waste bulk ammo...
Sovereign

Woodbine, GA

#9 Feb 8, 2013
They are not buying hollow point to practice with. They are buying it to kill citizens with. Who else do you think they plan on using it against? If any foriegn nation invades us the military would come in and they have all the ammo they need.

Personally, I think they feel threatened. They have seen the real numbers. They know that people are starting to come together to push back against thier tyranny. They know that the dollar is imploding on itself and that is the only thing keeping us enslaved.

Educate yourselves. This is a big red flag.
IDK

North Fort Myers, FL

#10 Feb 10, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Wrong. What you train with actually is ball ammo.

“It's comong.”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#11 Feb 10, 2013
Sovereign wrote:
They are not buying hollow point to practice with. They are buying it to kill citizens with. Who else do you think they plan on using it against? If any foriegn nation invades us the military would come in and they have all the ammo they need.
Personally, I think they feel threatened. They have seen the real numbers. They know that people are starting to come together to push back against thier tyranny. They know that the dollar is imploding on itself and that is the only thing keeping us enslaved.
Educate yourselves. This is a big red flag.
I believe the Geneva Convention does not allow Hollow points in warfare. Another word our military uses ball ammo.
Redneck

Herndon, PA

#12 Feb 11, 2013
Can't find the link anymore but I had read an article that said that DHS had purchased over a billion rounds of hollow point ammunition.

Anyone remember the 2008 speech when Obama said he wanted a federal police force greater that our military. I haven't been able to find that speech either.

Keep your eyes open!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 4 min Oh my 56,904
Osprey Coves Polish Candidate 36 min Anon 39
First Poll Results fro Camden County are in! 40 min Manwell 47
Todd Tetterton 1 hr Wondering 1
Durango Letter 1 hr Manwell 3
Mitt Romney - he's running - Republican savior? 12 hr Charles 5
Why is the paper picking on Kingslands Mayor Wed cheesehead 31
Kingsland Dating
Find my Match

Kingsland Jobs

Kingsland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Kingsland News, Events & Info