Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

anon wrote:
SECC welcomes all. They do not shun anyone. Christians are to welcome and live, lead by example, not judge and condemn. That is God's role. Love your neighbor.

Thank you. Genuinely.:) I appreciate the people who have been helpful or, at the very least, respectful when replying. I understand that not everyone shares my accepting, open-minded point of view. The Lord knows I know there's a great deal of ignorant hatemongers and I did expect to come across a few of them by posting this but I didn't come here to debate it and I didn't intend to even attempt to change anybodies mind. I made my reason for posting and my intentions very clear and I will not stray from that because I'm SO open-minded that I don't care what anyone else believes. Live and let live. I cannot be baited into a debate. All one has to do is look at the heaps of dead horses on these boards that have been beaten into dust to know that...well there's no point. Yeah...guess I'm no fun at all, lol. Again, thanks for your input.:)
antigay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

The beauty of this country is, I dont have to accept you for your horrid ways. You are sick, and only God can fix you. I hope you find a church that teaches you all of the bible and all about God so you can live a good life. I dont hate you or your lifestyle, I am just sick of your kind pushing it down those of us who sternly disagree with it. We have the same right to disagree as you do. YOU need to remember that. And if you thought you wouldnt get a response like this from many around here, youre a moron.
yesiamjustme

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Blah blah blah. :) You sure do like to waste your time. I'm sure that response is full of sharp wit and brilliant intellect but I guess I'll never know since I'm just not interested in what you have to say.
mee

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

YesIamJustMe wrote:
While I think I understand where you are coming from, Miguel, I simply disagree with your point of view. I think that it's pretty hypocritical for people to pick and choose which parts of the Old Testament they will follow and which parts they will disregard. I possess a more progressive set of religious morals and, while I do believe the first half of the Bible is a good beginning, I much prefer the second half. With all that said, I'm not looking for a religious debate, nor do I care to change anyones mind about how they feel about homosexuality and the church.
For anyone else who may have been interested, I did find a church in Yulee that seems promising. http://www.newvisioncongregationalchurch.org/
I'm still going to look into SECC first though. Thanks!
Christians are in the New Testament. Jews are in the old. Now that you have found your church then I can assume you not longer need assistence.
kevin

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2011

Judged:

oh my gay God, the question was, does anyone know of an accepting and welcoming church in the camden area. No one asked what do you think about gays! Christ dined with the sinner, the adulter, the thief, his mission was to bring faith closer to those who are the farthest from it. My God is a loving and accepting one. Only he can judge me, and Love me, he will deal with me and I know he will accept me for who I am and forgive my indescretions and welcome me into the kingdom! I am a vital part of his creation as we all are. We are all connected to him and he leaves no one out! I understand ignorance, and mis information. Just worry about your level of sin and let us worry about ours! Now, The question was, are there any local faith houses which are open to gay folk, I'm one, my partner is two, and we are looking for a local place to share Gods word, now is there any information on this, Thanks, Kevin in St Marys
Someones missing a point

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2011

TO the anti gay person who is spewing every view that FOX news has feed him.... YOU MISSED THE POINT THAT THE PERSON WHO ASKED THE QUESTION.... wait for itttt..... IS NOT GAY YOU IDIOT. Thank you
YesIamJustMe

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2011

LOL! Ty Kevin!!! "Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!" How original! Since I first posted this, I have tried an Episcopal church. I am not Episcopalian. I will try SECC next Sunday. The one in Yulee that I posted about seems like it would be the most promising but it DOES seem like it's a newer, smaller church and I would prefer a lot of youth activity in a church for my kids. If you find anything, please let me know!

Sandy
2cents

Woodbine, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

Judged:

"Let he who is without sin..." "Do unto others..."

Really? Sometimes it hurts me to call myself a christian because sometimes it only feels like the church is nothing but a cult. The way some of you so called believers believe just kills me. YesIAm, if you go to the wrong church around here they may make your family eat the heads off of chickens.
sinner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

Judged:

I don't believe being gay is right. But I have done a lot of wrong in my life also and God has forgiven me. I do believe that God spoke against it in the new and old testiment. I also believe that God loves us all, gay straight drunk and hopeless. When we submit to Him, He shows us the path to His will, whatever that may be. May God bless you on your quest to know and understand him. SECC is a wonderful church, non traditional and open minded, that wants to show everyone Gods grace and love. Give it a try. I did and I have found true peace in God through Jesus. You will be accepted for who you are with open arms.
Repent Jay

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

Judged:

yesiamjustme wrote:
Blah blah blah.:) You sure do like to waste your time. I'm sure that response is full of sharp wit and brilliant intellect but I guess I'll never know since I'm just not interested in what you have to say.
are you the pitcher, or the catcher?
yesiamjustme

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

Judged:

I'm more like the umpire. Show me respect or "you're outta here!"
Repent Jay

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

Judged:

yesiamjustme wrote:
I'm more like the umpire. Show me respect or "you're outta here!"
I get it, your the sucker and the suck-ee
yesiamjustme

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

Hmmm. Mine made sense and yours didnt. That would make you a man and me a genius. :)
Good Taste

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

Judged:

yesiamjustme wrote:
Well I use to like the New Testament. Now you've ruined it for me. I hope you're happy. Blah blah blah religious debate no thank you blah blah.:)
Man, you do realize that you're in the "Bible Belt" don't you? What are you thinking opening that door? However, SECC is a great church; you and your family will love it there. Leave the gay-friendly commentary alone. It's your business. As far as gays in church goes, that's between them and God. Good luck to you and God bless...
sinner

Covington, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

Judged:

yesiamjustme,

I commented earlier on your post. I know what it is like to look for a church that you can connect with, be yourself at, and feel a presence of something more than yourself. I searched and searched in vein. I continued my unfulfilled life, with a void in my heart, and began to doubt a God that loved me really existed. I struggled with my sexuality and my drug habits during this search. I found SECC and the first thing I noticed was a sign on the door that said "Shoes and Shirt Required". I walked in and people are wearing shorts and flip flops, not trying to look their Sunday best. People dont hide their tattoos or long hair. Everyone is accepted for who they are and NOT JUDGED BY WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE OR CHOOSE TO WEAR. Traditional church things like alter calls and sunday school are not done. The pastor has a very effective way of bringing the Word in an outside the box approach. I found God there in a small group that I was invited to after talking to a few of the many friendly and unpushy people. I guarantee you will be accepted. I hope you come and give it a try. It is the best thing I have ever done in my life, and gets better everyday. I am still far from a perfect person, but I now realize I will never be and God knows that and loves me anyway. Please join us. It cant hurt, can it?

Since: Jul 11

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

sinner wrote:
Please join us. It cant hurt, can it?

You're right. Unless there's chicken involved. LOL :) I actually sat in on a few of the youth groups at the old SECC bldg a couple of years ago when a teenage relative was staying with us for a while and never saw any of the aforementioned chicken heads so we'll be there on Sunday.

Regardless of what some think, I didn't come here to debate. I'm subscribed to it and got an email notification that someone replied yesterday so that's why I came back. True, as I look back over the course of the conversation, I am guilty of a little bit of good natured (on my part) ribbing. I don't agree with all the views that have been posted here but I know you all are just as entitled to yours as I am to mine. I do realize that I am in the minority here but I was born and raised in a smaller town than this in a southern Baptist/Holiness household so I'm rather use to it. It's okay to be different. Really, it is.:)
Repent Jay

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

Judged:

yesiamjustme wrote:
Hmmm. Mine made sense and yours didnt. That would make you a man and me a genius.:)
you sound like a turd burgler to me
SECC Family

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

YesIamJustMe wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. Unless there's chicken involved. LOL :) I actually sat in on a few of the youth groups at the old SECC bldg a couple of years ago when a teenage relative was staying with us for a while and never saw any of the aforementioned chicken heads so we'll be there on Sunday.
Regardless of what some think, I didn't come here to debate. I'm subscribed to it and got an email notification that someone replied yesterday so that's why I came back. True, as I look back over the course of the conversation, I am guilty of a little bit of good natured (on my part) ribbing. I don't agree with all the views that have been posted here but I know you all are just as entitled to yours as I am to mine. I do realize that I am in the minority here but I was born and raised in a smaller town than this in a southern Baptist/Holiness household so I'm rather use to it. It's okay to be different. Really, it is.:)
We have 2 services. One at 9 and One at 11. We look forward to seeing you.
Also SECC Family

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

Look forward to having you there!!!!

SEE YOU SUNDAY!!!!
Not a bigot

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

If you are still looking check out connectchurchjax.org and come check it out we'd love to have you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kingsland Discussions

Search the Kingsland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 6 hr Synergy 49,723
Seeking a mechanic 7 hr NomadHeart 1
Which pest control? 9 hr Jay Moreno 7
Residential car lots 22 hr Jay Moreno 93
Hardcases at B&B Custom Hardscapes Thu Karmacita 27
kingsland adventure park Jul 23 anon 69
Can the President be recalled? (Jul '09) Jul 22 joker 37
•••
•••
•••
•••

Kingsland Jobs

•••