Comments
1 - 20 of 44 Comments Last updated Dec 12, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
YesIamJustMe

Saint Marys, GA

#1 Jun 11, 2011
Hi. I'm trying to find a church for my family in the Saint Marys area. It's important to me that it be welcoming to everyone of every race and sexual preference. While I myself am not gay, I have family members who are and I am extremely accepting and open minded and, if I can't feel comfortable bringing them with me from time to time, then I am not interested in going myself. This is something that is very important to me. Can anyone recommend a church for us? I was looking at Celebration Church but I haven't been able to reach anyone there yet to discuss this.
no mo

Madison, WI

#3 Jun 11, 2011
All churches welcome Gays. The Episcopal church especially.
yesiamjustme

Saint Marys, GA

#4 Jun 11, 2011
Blah, blah, blah. All churches welcome closed minded jerks too. I'm trying to find one thats not like yours. Thanks anyway. :)
ANON

United States

#5 Jun 11, 2011
Lol
anon

Dalmatia, PA

#6 Jun 11, 2011
I would say Southeast Community Church in Kingsland. The are very welcoming of everyone. Great church. check them out.
yesiamjustme

Saint Marys, GA

#7 Jun 11, 2011
Thank you! I'll check them out.
Miguel

Madison, WI

#8 Jun 11, 2011
What do you mean by "accepting"?

If you mean that the church allows you in and treats you like a Christian is supposed to treat you, then there are plenty of places to go. If acceptance means you want to go to a church that signs off on homosexuality and condones it then you might have a bit of trouble in that department. Not only does the Bible speaks against sexual immorality but it specifically mentions homosexuality and adultery. "Huh" is correct in that sense. If you attend a Bible believing Christian church of ANY denomination you should expect the Bible to be taught, not ignored.
Jones

Yulee, FL

#9 Jun 11, 2011
Amen,Miguel.God loves the sinner,but abhors the sin.
YesIamJustMe

Saint Marys, GA

#10 Jun 12, 2011
While I think I understand where you are coming from, Miguel, I simply disagree with your point of view. I think that it's pretty hypocritical for people to pick and choose which parts of the Old Testament they will follow and which parts they will disregard. I possess a more progressive set of religious morals and, while I do believe the first half of the Bible is a good beginning, I much prefer the second half. With all that said, I'm not looking for a religious debate, nor do I care to change anyones mind about how they feel about homosexuality and the church.

For anyone else who may have been interested, I did find a church in Yulee that seems promising. http://www.newvisioncongregationalchurch.org/

I'm still going to look into SECC first though. Thanks!

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#11 Jun 12, 2011
YesIamJustMe wrote:
While I think I understand where you are coming from, Miguel, I simply disagree with your point of view. I think that it's pretty hypocritical for people to pick and choose which parts of the Old Testament they will follow and which parts they will disregard. I possess a more progressive set of religious morals and, while I do believe the first half of the Bible is a good beginning, I much prefer the second half. With all that said, I'm not looking for a religious debate, nor do I care to change anyones mind about how they feel about homosexuality and the church.
For anyone else who may have been interested, I did find a church in Yulee that seems promising. http://www.newvisioncongregationalchurch.org/
That was a whole lot of verbiage to wade trhrough just for you to get to your original objective which clearly was to post that recruiting link to your fledgling new church. Talk about "checking your brain at the door!"
Hab

Madison, WI

#12 Jun 12, 2011
Romans 1:21-27

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

You still like the new testament now?
yesiamjustme

Saint Marys, GA

#13 Jun 12, 2011
So it would make complete sense that I intend to try Southest Community Church first, right? It's cute that you tried though.:)
yesiamjustme

Saint Marys, GA

#14 Jun 12, 2011
Well I use to like the New Testament. Now you've ruined it for me. I hope you're happy. Blah blah blah religious debate no thank you blah blah. :)
skid

Madison, WI

#15 Jun 12, 2011
YesIamJustMe wrote:
Equalityboy, check out the Mosque in Jax. SECC is not looking for any home-ohs.
yesiamjustme

Saint Marys, GA

#16 Jun 12, 2011
Oh...so i guess you dont go there?
antigay

Baxley, GA

#17 Jun 12, 2011
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/12/so...

Read this article. Homosexuals are responsible for the tearing down of the family unit, and utterly destroying the moral fabric this nation was founded on. Now anytime one does not agree with them, that person is automatically a bigot. Not true. Gays are predominantly decent people until you point out the flaws of their lifestyle, then the war is on. No worries for me though. All homos will pay, one way or another, with disease or with burning in hell. Hopefully with both. I am sure my church would welcome you, but you would have show desire to change to even grasp what we teach and why we teach it. You cannot be a gay christian. You can become a christian to not be gay, or you can expect to be damned for eternity no matter how much time you spend in church. Turn, or burn. Simple as that. Your friends are already setting fire to the world as we speak. Why do you think they are called "flamers"?
yesiamjustme

Saint Marys, GA

#18 Jun 12, 2011
No need to even read past the first sentence above. Sorry you wasted so much of your time typing it though. LOL :)
MIDDLE CLASS MAN

Madison, WI

#19 Jun 12, 2011
Well, put simply and without a great deal of verbage....ADAM AND EVE NOT ADAM AND STEVE. No more to be said from me on this subject.
yesiamjustme

Saint Marys, GA

#20 Jun 12, 2011
Thank you :)
anon

Dalmatia, PA

#21 Jun 12, 2011
SECC welcomes all. They do not shun anyone. Christians are to welcome and live, lead by example, not judge and condemn. That is God's role. Love your neighbor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jay Moreno's campaign site - in progress. 4 min Charlie S 18
EarthKeepers running against Jay 5 min Jay Moreno 24
Is Moreno Psychotic 6 min Charlie S 16
NONUTTER,com Rock Shrimp Festival News 11 min Charlie S 10
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 11 min Jemima 53,510
Jay Moreno's disability. 1 hr Score 5
Jay Moreno's arrest record. 2 hr flip flop 2
•••
•••
•••

Kingsland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Kingsland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE