Comments
241 - 260 of 377 Comments Last updated Mar 15, 2013
Really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#242
Feb 6, 2013
 
beer maker wrote:
<quoted text>
The office of probate court judge is NOT the nucleus position of the county. It is the county commission that is the nucleus of our government in the county. However I do agree with your stated needs.
Yes that would be accurate everywhere EXCEPT here. When the Probate judge determines if you're elected to the County Commission; he then becomes the nucleus.
Jolly Roger

Woodbine, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#243
Feb 6, 2013
 
could be because the kiwanis actually do good. Two things you know nothing about. Good, and doing....anything....except buffets.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#244
Feb 6, 2013
 
Just read today's coverage of the members-only Kiwanis candidates forum.

Very interesting.

Martin Turner assures us he is not running as a Good Ol' Boy. Sure. That's like me running and telling the audience I'm not running as an old, fat, diabetic, bald cripple but as the lead dancer for the Bolshoi ballet. At least he freely admits that he does not know shit from Shinola when it comes to how to be a probate judge but assures us of his intention to learn how after he takes office. Did I mention he's found Jesus, sobered-up, and broadcasts on Christian radio? Bonus: If the A/C goes out in the probate court, he can fix it.

"Beau" Sweatt, who openly embraces and extols his status as a Good Ol' Boy candidate, as such, apparently is exempt from any opprobrium aimed at his excess adiposity. Sorry, Robbie. Apparently, what would be a pay cut for some attorneys would be a raise for Beau. Think about it.

Rich Gamble, realizing he stands the chance of a whore in church with indigenous G.O.B White-folks, has embraced his educated, cosmopolitan persona and pinned his hopes entirely on educated, non-racist, damned outsiders to elect him "on (his) record."

Shavon Gibbs has apparently adopted the theme song from the Jeffersons as the basis of her campaign.

Crews knows her way around a court room in a court that has absolutely nothing to do with probate matters. However, she has a helluva lot of local relatives. Definitely going for the G.O.B. vote.

Middleton clearly believes that she is the candidate with the most sex appeal. See her ad today. I would say she is right. Clearly a G.O.G going after the G.O.B.(and I do mean B) vote on looks and residual "good will" for the late Sheriff Jimmy Middleton.
What

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#245
Feb 6, 2013
 
Moreno Jay wrote:
Just read today's coverage of the members-only Kiwanis candidates forum.
Very interesting.
Martin Turner assures us he is not running as a Good Ol' Boy. Sure. That's like me running and telling the audience I'm not running as an old, fat, diabetic, bald cripple but as the lead dancer for the Bolshoi ballet. At least he freely admits that he does not know shit from Shinola when it comes to how to be a probate judge but assures us of his intention to learn how after he takes office. Did I mention he's found Jesus, sobered-up, and broadcasts on Christian radio? Bonus: If the A/C goes out in the probate court, he can fix it.
"Beau" Sweatt, who openly embraces and extols his status as a Good Ol' Boy candidate, as such, apparently is exempt from any opprobrium aimed at his excess adiposity. Sorry, Robbie. Apparently, what would be a pay cut for some attorneys would be a raise for Beau. Think about it.
Rich Gamble, realizing he stands the chance of a whore in church with indigenous G.O.B White-folks, has embraced his educated, cosmopolitan persona and pinned his hopes entirely on educated, non-racist, damned outsiders to elect him "on (his) record."
Shavon Gibbs has apparently adopted the theme song from the Jeffersons as the basis of her campaign.
Crews knows her way around a court room in a court that has absolutely nothing to do with probate matters. However, she has a helluva lot of local relatives. Definitely going for the G.O.B. vote.
Middleton clearly believes that she is the candidate with the most sex appeal. See her ad today. I would say she is right. Clearly a G.O.G going after the G.O.B.(and I do mean B) vote on looks and residual "good will" for the late Sheriff Jimmy Middleton.
"Sorry, Robbie. Apparently, what would be a pay cut for some attorneys would be a raise for Beau. Think about it."

Some attorneys are flat out ambulance chasers. The local governments have employed them in the past and have been charged accordingly.

I personally know people who have used Sweatt (I have never met the man) and say he is honest and will bend over backwards for his client. That's what a small-town lawyer should be.

Why would a finacial genius end up teaching fifth graders if life was only about money?

By far the most qualified of the group.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#246
Feb 6, 2013
 
I'm not worried about who he will bend over backwards for. I'm concerned about who he will bend over forwards for.
Willie

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#247
Feb 6, 2013
 
Maybe you should sober up Jules. Heard you had a pretty big 18 pack of Bud Light in your shopping cart at Walmart.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#248
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

Yes, I always pick up a half case and a bag of crack on my way to the local whorehouse. Ditto for the Wiccan nude roller-frolick under the full moon.
betting man

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#249
Feb 6, 2013
 
Moreno Jay wrote:
Just read today's coverage of the members-only Kiwanis candidates forum.
Very interesting.
Martin Turner assures us he is not running as a Good Ol' Boy. Sure. That's like me running and telling the audience I'm not running as an old, fat, diabetic, bald cripple but as the lead dancer for the Bolshoi ballet. At least he freely admits that he does not know shit from Shinola when it comes to how to be a probate judge but assures us of his intention to learn how after he takes office. Did I mention he's found Jesus, sobered-up, and broadcasts on Christian radio? Bonus: If the A/C goes out in the probate court, he can fix it.
"Beau" Sweatt, who openly embraces and extols his status as a Good Ol' Boy candidate, as such, apparently is exempt from any opprobrium aimed at his excess adiposity. Sorry, Robbie. Apparently, what would be a pay cut for some attorneys would be a raise for Beau. Think about it.
Rich Gamble, realizing he stands the chance of a whore in church with indigenous G.O.B White-folks, has embraced his educated, cosmopolitan persona and pinned his hopes entirely on educated, non-racist, damned outsiders to elect him "on (his) record."
Shavon Gibbs has apparently adopted the theme song from the Jeffersons as the basis of her campaign.
Crews knows her way around a court room in a court that has absolutely nothing to do with probate matters. However, she has a helluva lot of local relatives. Definitely going for the G.O.B. vote.
Middleton clearly believes that she is the candidate with the most sex appeal. See her ad today. I would say she is right. Clearly a G.O.G going after the G.O.B.(and I do mean B) vote on looks and residual "good will" for the late Sheriff Jimmy Middleton.
According to your diatribe, none of the candidates are qualified for the office. That makes you obligated to talk Gillitte into staying.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

No, it obligates me to continue to observe and choose what I believe to be the best of a field of candidates that runs the gamut from absurdly unqualified to marginally, tangentially, qualified.
Anon

Yulee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251
Feb 6, 2013
 
Moreno Jay wrote:
Yes, I always pick up a half case and a bag of crack on my way to the local whorehouse. Ditto for the Wiccan nude roller-frolick under the full moon.
Thanks Jay. Can somebody please bleach my brain becuase this is a visual I really didn't need.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#252
Feb 6, 2013
 
Sure. You provide the access point; I'll supply the bleach.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#253
Feb 6, 2013
 
I note that Martin Turner learned his leadership skills as a squad leader in the Navy.

Well, I remember we had squads in boot camp. The leaders' responsibilities were simply crushing as I recall.

Say, Seabees, do you guys have squads? Squad leaders? What rank, typically? Huge leadership responsibilities? Relevance to office of probate judge?
Unqualified Candidate

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#254
Feb 6, 2013
 
Don't you be concerned about qualifications. Once I get in there my family and friends will tell me what to do. hee hee!!!
The Admiral

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#255
Feb 6, 2013
 
Don't mess with my Seabees fat man. I would hate to bring back my 7' 1" frame to Kings Bay just to deep six you.
Paul

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#256
Feb 6, 2013
 
Tell us Julian, what were your qualifications to run for the county commission?
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#257
Feb 6, 2013
 
Paul wrote:
Tell us Julian, what were your qualifications to run for the county commission?
We could start with post #248.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#258
Feb 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>We could start with post #248.
No no. That would be good for running for sheriff, though.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#259
Feb 7, 2013
 
By the way if u have occasion to drive up Hwy 17 north of Woodbine, the ONLY campaign signs youwill see are for Crews and Middleton, respective;y, with maye a slight lead for Crews. Clearly, the ladies have correctly assessed theer core constituencies. Crews even has a full size billboard with photo on Hw 17S up that way.
Really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#260
Feb 7, 2013
 
Kay are they going to have any "public" debates? If so, do you know when? Give me you top three in no particular order based on what you read in the paper.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#261
Feb 7, 2013
 
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
No no. That would be good for running for sheriff, though.
Ok, so you do not favor Proctor or Gamble.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Kingsland Forum right now

Search the Kingsland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 5 min The WB 49,653
Residential car lots 4 hr Jay Moreno 93
Hardcases at B&B Custom Hardscapes 12 hr Karmacita 27
Which pest control? Thu Jolly Roger 4
kingsland adventure park Wed anon 69
Can the President be recalled? (Jul '09) Jul 22 joker 37
The new "OPS" location (Dec '13) Jul 21 Wrinkletard 52
•••
•••
•••
Kingsland Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Kingsland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Kingsland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Kingsland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kingsland
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••