splostvii funds for maritime heritage district

Posted in the Kingsland Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hog Trough

Kingsland, GA

#1 Mar 24, 2013
SPLOSTVII may keep a disproportionate amount of tax revenue flowing to the downtown St Marys histerical district. This Maritime Heritage District Proposal is a poorly disguised and poorly written scheme to keep public revenue subsidizing the downtown district. It is all about those living downtown St Marys being able to continue to feed at the public trough.

By using such terms as "historical preservation", "sea level rise", "navigable channel", "Museums and nautical themes",
"European style cafe"; the authors of the idea of a MARITIME HERITAGE DISTRICT simply try to justify the spending of tax revenue and public funds for the benefit of a few.

No benefit will ever flow to 99.99% of the citizens of St Marys if this scheme is approved by council. This idea is an attempt to create yet another "overlay" of government in a crowded confused field of local idiot government organizations raping the citizens of St Marys.

The effort and public funds spent drafting this vague government goobledegook proposal was a waste of the public trust and public funds.

The effort and money would have been better spent by the St Marys city government planning and working for the citizens trying to lower our property tax and water and sewer bills.

A big thumbs down, fire those at city hall with nothing better to do.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
AG-Twenty One

Kingsland, GA

#2 Mar 24, 2013
If I did not know any better, this sounds a lot like the Agenda 21 scheme that is out there.
Does this project require the city to be apart and pay membership to outside organizations to implement this MHD? This smells really funny to me.
They are going to raise our taxes regardless of the SPLOST-7 passage...hide and watch. Water rates will go up as well...maybe not as much, but they are going up.
These Yankees and foreigners need to leave this county.
Anonnete

Kingsland, GA

#3 Mar 24, 2013
AG-Twenty One wrote:

There are local political hacks and real estate cartel types im full support and backing this grab for power and public tax revenue.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#4 Mar 24, 2013
AG-Twenty One wrote:
If I did not know any better, this sounds a lot like the Agenda 21 scheme that is out there.
Does this project require the city to be apart and pay membership to outside organizations to implement this MHD? This smells really funny to me.
They are going to raise our taxes regardless of the SPLOST-7 passage...hide and watch. Water rates will go up as well...maybe not as much, but they are going up.
No, what we need (darn that pesky Constitution) is an ordinance stating that henceforward, whenever any business fails in the historic district, unless the building housing it was ORIGNALLY BUILT as an entirely commercial structure, no further business licenses for that location will be issued. Moreover, the owner
must convert it back into a residence within one year. The city would maintain a low interest loan revolving fund to that end.

Apparently, convincing the fools in the DMA that they are all but extinct and soon will be is apparently possible in no other way.
Their fantasy of being a viable tourist destination has cost us millions just since I've been here. It's time for the other 99.9% of us to take them off life support.
Pentagonorrhea

Saint Marys, GA

#5 Mar 24, 2013
Why does Woodbine get so much % of SPLOST ? What in the hell did they do to get our tax money when they don't take hardly any money into the system/?

Ask your County Commissioner why ?
Pot House Politician

Kingsland, GA

#6 Mar 24, 2013
Ninety Nine percent of the population of St Marys have been marginalized and isolated from their government.

They are being financially raped and ripped off by the special interest posing as unelected authorities, committees and authoritees.

Now for the sad truth. The Kamden Kounty Kommission hiding in Woodbine is doing more financial harm to the citizens of Kamden Kounthy than the boobs in St Marys.
Just ask

Kingsland, GA

#7 Mar 24, 2013
Hopefully some of their mess will be exposed soon enough.
Really

Winter Park, FL

#8 Mar 25, 2013
NEVER!!!
The Village of Idiots

Kingsland, GA

#9 Mar 25, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what we need (darn that pesky Constitution) is an ordinance stating that henceforward, whenever any business fails in the historic district, unless the building housing it was ORIGNALLY BUILT as an entirely commercial structure, no further business licenses for that location will be issued. Moreover, the owner
must convert it back into a residence within one year. The city would maintain a low interest loan revolving fund to that end.
Apparently, convincing the fools in the DMA that they are all but extinct and soon will be is apparently possible in no other way.
Their fantasy of being a viable tourist destination has cost us millions just since I've been here. It's time for the other 99.9% of us to take them off life support.
With the passing of Splost 7 and no guarantee that any set amount will go towards the water/sewer bond we will spend millions more making downtown a viable tourist destination. Business as usual until we clean out the cities council voting block and Mayor.
Just ask

Kingsland, GA

#10 Mar 25, 2013
The Village of Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
With the passing of Splost 7 and no guarantee that any set amount will go towards the water/sewer bond we will spend millions more making downtown a viable tourist destination. Business as usual until we clean out the cities council voting block and Mayor.
I wish that were true, but that will never happen.
ANON

Kingsland, GA

#11 Mar 26, 2013
For certain you can count on waste and foolish projects. That the Council haS down pat. They are well versed in waste and foolish projects. Best yet is Boat House. They will be had pressed to top that. Complimentary Hotel would be a good start. Maritine District is also a good start. That will a hole for money.
miami

Saint Marys, GA

#12 Mar 27, 2013
ANON wrote:
For certain you can count on waste and foolish projects. That the Council haS down pat. They are well versed in waste and foolish projects. Best yet is Boat House. They will be had pressed to top that. Complimentary Hotel would be a good start. Maritine District is also a good start. That will a hole for money.
endless spending.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#13 Mar 29, 2013
In today's T&G (3/29/2013) coverage of the proposed MHD, I found the following:

[...a boutique hotel/restaurant/conference
center on the Gilman boat house property..]

That is just exactly what the folks who wanted to buy and develop the property that is now the Howard Gilman Memorial Waterfront Park wanted to do.

Those folks were blocked by then mayor Jerry Brandon, with the full backing of all the other DMA dogs-in-the-manger. They used over$2,000,000 (by the time park was completed)of tax revenue at that time to block would-be competitors.

So, does the DMA now support all of the proposal's
elements, or just the ones that will potentially bring them more revenue and not the ones that would compete with them directly?
TAX PAYER

Kingsland, GA

#14 Mar 29, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
In today's T&G (3/29/2013) coverage of the proposed MHD, I found the following:
[...a boutique hotel/restaurant/conference
center on the Gilman boat house property..]
That is just exactly what the folks who wanted to buy and develop the property that is now the Howard Gilman Memorial Waterfront Park wanted to do.
Those folks were blocked by then mayor Jerry Brandon, with the full backing of all the other DMA dogs-in-the-manger. They used over$2,000,000 (by the time park was completed)of tax revenue at that time to block would-be competitors.
So, does the DMA now support all of the proposal's
elements, or just the ones that will potentially bring them more revenue and not the ones that would compete with them directly?
"a boutique hotel/restaurant/conference
center on the Gilman boat house property"

This TAX Burden has always been part of the Real Estate Cartel's master plan from day one. A sunset with cocktails for a select few paid by the local tax payers.

Jim and Nancy will do anything to move this along.
ATTENTION

Kingsland, GA

#15 Mar 29, 2013
THE WATER AND SEWER 44 MILLION DOLLAR DEBT IS NO LONGER A TOP PRIORITY.

Took less than one month.

Since: Dec 11

Dornsife, PA

#16 Mar 29, 2013
TAX PAYER wrote:
<quoted text>
"a boutique hotel/restaurant/conference
center on the Gilman boat house property"
This TAX Burden has always been part of the Real Estate Cartel's master plan from day one. A sunset with cocktails for a select few paid by the local tax payers.
Jim and Nancy will do anything to move this along.
As you are well aware, I already have my very own portico from which to watch the setting sun with a glass of cab. None-the-less, it is nice to do it in a public venue from time to time so I can get in my schmooze time.
Its about the Cartel

Anonymous Proxy

#17 Mar 29, 2013
This has the real estate cartel written all over it.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#18 Mar 29, 2013
Yeah, yeah, but does anyone know for sure what the official position of the DMA is on each aspect of this plan?
Simple Truth

Kingsland, GA

#19 Mar 29, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Yeah, yeah, but does anyone know for sure what the official position of the DMA is on each aspect of this plan?
All information discussed within the downtown authoritys were never ment for public dissemination. You do not have a need to know.
Its about the Cartel

Anonymous Proxy

#20 Mar 30, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
That is a good question...I will ask.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Great job, Mr. President, great job! 13 min Lenny 7
Fix St. Marys 16 min Trailer trash eco... 8
1-2 Bedroom Apartments in St Marys /Kingsland a... 36 min Observer 3
Big Bucks seized by CCSO 3 hr Nancy 2
Obama sets another record 5 hr miami 8
Public not interested in district voting 8 hr Sea Dog 16
Perry for President? He says, NO brains needed. 10 hr Rednecks 14
Kingsland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web