Berry and his do boy Gregory, call for Sheriff to resign

Posted in the Kingsland Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 96 Comments Last updated Aug 26, 2008
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Food For Thought

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 12, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Could this be a pre-emptive move to stave off a write in candidate? There have been lots of rumors flying around lately. I heard Berry, Gregory, a soon to be elected commisioner, and Steve Howard all had a meeting in Woodbine yesterday to discuss. Seems the scuttlebut around the county is starting to make 'Ol Berry sweat a little. We all know that the votes Gregory got in the election are the most he could ever hope to get in another election. Would his supporters turn out in mass again? Would a write in recieve the ground swell of feeling misrepresented as many do in this county? Who knows, but there were many votes left on the table in the last election, and Gregory ain't going to get any of them. Just food for thought.
Anonymous

Amsterdam, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 12, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Next comissioner's meeting Berry probably will be fuming if the Sheriff makes some monetary requests. He might even fly off. Imagine if the SO ask for money, after all they do need it. Now on the dastardly side, I'm sure the Sheriff can think of something needed that will totally piss Berry off.
Brad Sod or dirt

New Portland, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 12, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

why don't we get a write in candidate and see.
Anonymous

Bulgaria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 12, 2008
 
You know, we have not heard from Preston Rhodes much. I think he is tired of the bickering and decided to hang it up.
Officer

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 12, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Gregory worked with me at Kingsland Police Deptartment all day yesterday and then attended the Millage rate commissioner's meeting at the Annex Yesterday.

So I know this meeting did not happen so please stop posting this trash.
Anonymous

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 12, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Gregory works days?
Something Smells Rancid

Norridgewock, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 12, 2008
 

Judged:

3

1

Food For Thought wrote:
Could this be a pre-emptive move to stave off a write in candidate? There have been lots of rumors flying around lately. I heard Berry, Gregory, a soon to be elected commisioner, and Steve Howard all had a meeting in Woodbine yesterday to discuss. Seems the scuttlebut around the county is starting to make 'Ol Berry sweat a little. We all know that the votes Gregory got in the election are the most he could ever hope to get in another election. Would his supporters turn out in mass again? Would a write in recieve the ground swell of feeling misrepresented as many do in this county? Who knows, but there were many votes left on the table in the last election, and Gregory ain't going to get any of them. Just food for thought.
Your Food for Thought is rancid. But I'm sure that you are all for the Sheriff stealing everything in the SO before anyone can stop him. Tommy's supporters would turn out in mass again because he is the only hope we have of bringing peace and integrity back to the SO. I am sure that you are a Bill Smith supporter because none of Tommy's supporters would lose faith in him before he takes office. Have you ever thought that Berry and Howard asked him to come in for a meeting to make him aware of what is going on at the SO right now. I'm sure that you are so sure that Tommy is one of Steve's puppets and that is because you believe everything that the disgruntled Bill Smith has been telling everyone that would listen to him. Smith is so childish, now that he has finally received his comeuppance and knows that he is no longer the #1 and never will be again in this lifetime or any other. I say anyone who is qualified to run for sheriff as a write in, go for it. Have lots of money cause you will be throwing it away when you do.
Officer

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 12, 2008
 
Anonymous wrote:
Gregory works days?
Yesfor the last year and a half... Why?
Joe

Norridgewock, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 12, 2008
 
Officer wrote:
Gregory worked with me at Kingsland Police Deptartment all day yesterday and then attended the Millage rate commissioner's meeting at the Annex Yesterday.
So I know this meeting did not happen so please stop posting this trash.
Really?
1adam69

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 12, 2008
 
Officer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesfor the last year and a half... Why?
Well he post on the internet during the day!!!!
1adam69

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 12, 2008
 
Something Smells Rancid wrote:
<quoted text>Your Food for Thought is rancid. But I'm sure that you are all for the Sheriff stealing everything in the SO before anyone can stop him. Tommy's supporters would turn out in mass again because he is the only hope we have of bringing peace and integrity back to the SO. I am sure that you are a Bill Smith supporter because none of Tommy's supporters would lose faith in him before he takes office. Have you ever thought that Berry and Howard asked him to come in for a meeting to make him aware of what is going on at the SO right now. I'm sure that you are so sure that Tommy is one of Steve's puppets and that is because you believe everything that the disgruntled Bill Smith has been telling everyone that would listen to him. Smith is so childish, now that he has finally received his comeuppance and knows that he is no longer the #1 and never will be again in this lifetime or any other. I say anyone who is qualified to run for sheriff as a write in, go for it. Have lots of money cause you will be throwing it away when you do.
Puppets.....Ask Tommy if he has made Steve promises. As far as write ins.. don't they have to be registered first?
Something Smells Rancid

Norridgewock, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 12, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1adam69 wrote:
<quoted text>Puppets.....Ask Tommy if he has made Steve promises. As far as write ins.. don't they have to be registered first?
I don't have to ask Tommy is he has made promises to Steve, I don't believe he would make any promises to anyone except the promises he made to the people who voted for him and that is to clean up the S.O. I have heard that to be a write in candidate you have to quality by 9/2/07. Don't know if that is accurate but I do know that anyone who wants to run for Sheriff have certain requirements according to State Law that they have to have in place before they can qualify. They have to be a registered peace officer or a certified peace officer or have 90 quarter hours of college and they have to have the basic mandate course for peace officers six months prior to qualifying.
A Tommy Supporter

Adair, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 12, 2008
 
1adam69 wrote:
<quoted text>Well he post on the internet during the day!!!!
And your point? Tommy is a salaried employee. If he does it from his palm pilot or "His" laptop and gives the city a full eight hours what point does that make?

I only seen one post during the day when someone made a bad comment about his family and he responded just as any father would do.
KINGSLAND NATIVE

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 12, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

A Tommy Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point? Tommy is a salaried employee. If he does it from his palm pilot or "His" laptop and gives the city a full eight hours what point does that make?
I only seen one post during the day when someone made a bad comment about his family and he responded just as any father would do.
Point is, this is just the tip of the iceberg of crap that is due us the next 4 years. Tommy is going to be taking orders from the "author" and we shall be paying the price. The "author" has longed dreamed of this situation, and we as a county fell for it, hook line and sinker. We shall see what happens, but to start this crap about resignation now, is going to leave a sour taste in lots of folks mouths.
Born here

Adair, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 12, 2008
 
I saw Tommy talk to 90% of this county during his 15 months of campaigning... so I guess he is a puppet for them too...oh wait I saw him talking to all the Commisioners Monday night and Mr. Howard and Mike Fender so I guess he their puppet too.

The fact is that Tommy will do more for this county than Bill ever thought of. The best thing and first thing is to fire Charlie Easterling. That was and continues to be Bill Smith's downfall.

Lets face it Tommy did what you all said could not be done and now watch him do what Bill could not or would not do. Clean up Camden County and do whats right!
lil t

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 12, 2008
 
I am tired of people wondering what Tommy is gonna do for them or who will control who and the rest of the bullsh*t. I, for 1, can't wait for the day he takes over. It's got to get better at the S.O. because it can't get any worse. I don't care what he is going to do for you or anybody else. All I care about is how it's going to get better for the employees and, you better believe that it is. Most of them can't wait either!
Anonymous

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 12, 2008
 
Born here wrote:
I saw Tommy talk to 90% of this county during his 15 months of campaigning... so I guess he is a puppet for them too...oh wait I saw him talking to all the Commisioners Monday night and Mr. Howard and Mike Fender so I guess he their puppet too.
The fact is that Tommy will do more for this county than Bill ever thought of. The best thing and first thing is to fire Charlie Easterling. That was and continues to be Bill Smith's downfall.
Lets face it Tommy did what you all said could not be done and now watch him do what Bill could not or would not do. Clean up Camden County and do whats right!
I don't think he will get that opportunity. But on the other hand I guess if he fires him he get unemployment.

Since: Dec 07

Norridgewock, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 12, 2008
 
lil t wrote:
I am tired of people wondering what Tommy is gonna do for them or who will control who and the rest of the bullsh*t. I, for 1, can't wait for the day he takes over. It's got to get better at the S.O. because it can't get any worse. I don't care what he is going to do for you or anybody else. All I care about is how it's going to get better for the employees and, you better believe that it is. Most of them can't wait either!
I agree wholeheartedly. Speculation from a bunch of idiots means nothing. Action will tell the tale, and tell it well for one side or the other. I am ready for action. People want him to succeed, and people want him to fail, so what. None of us know what will happen, just what we want to happen. But, my guess is that it will get better. Bill's leadership is about as effective as Ray Charles leading Stevie Wonder around a rooftop, doomed to fall eventually.
The Truth Hurts

Norridgewock, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 12, 2008
 
KINGSLAND NATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
Point is, this is just the tip of the iceberg of crap that is due us the next 4 years. Tommy is going to be taking orders from the "author" and we shall be paying the price. The "author" has longed dreamed of this situation, and we as a county fell for it, hook line and sinker. We shall see what happens, but to start this crap about resignation now, is going to leave a sour taste in lots of folks mouths.
I hope you live long enough to eat your words. Tommy will not be a yes man for Berry or anyone else. Tommy will do the job he has promised the voters. There will always be people like you, putting him down, but just remember, your good old boy Billy Smith, will not be back.
Kat

Adair, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 13, 2008
 
tommygun3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill's leadership is about as effective as Ray Charles leading Stevie Wonder around a rooftop, doomed to fall eventually.
I agree completely with your post, but that line (above) is a hysterical visual!! lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr Jemima 52,162
K Mart 7 hr Con Citz 5
Why is the paper picking on Kingslands Mayor Wed punt the ball 19
Dog park or dog playgroup in Kingsland/ St Mary's (Apr '10) Tue Hope 33
Residential car lots Aug 18 Bob 106
Does anyone know Gary Bachhofer (Sep '13) Aug 18 Annon 6
Mounsey vote no (Nov '11) Aug 15 Peter 13

Search the Kingsland Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Kingsland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Kingsland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Kingsland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kingsland
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••