Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

pink underwear wrote:
<quoted text>Better run and hide, them "gays" are everywhere!!! And they are out to turn the whole world gay!!
Coming soon to a house next to yours, better hide or they will turn you to......
Ever wish our Right Wing friends weren't so fixated on other people's sex lives; and making laws about who can sleep with who, and controlling our daughters' bodies.

Lord.. Maybe someday True Conservatives will take charge and get the government out of people's personal lives.

Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
And I read the article, did you? Mr Levin's comments came after he already had a letter from Mr George stating again that progressive groups were not targeted.
"we did not find evidence that the criteria you identified, labeled “Progressives,” were used by the IRS to select potential political cases during the 2010 to 2012 timeframe we audited,” Inspector General J. Russell George said."
But Mr Levin is going to keep butting that stump and trying to create the fiction that "progressive" were subjected to just as much scrutiny as the conservative groups. So don't worry, I guess you'll have more idiocy from him to post later.
Yep, since you asked for it...

IG: Audit of IRS actions limited to Tea Party groups at GOP request
By Bernie Becker
06/25/13 08:11 PM ET
http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/domesti...

...The spokesman for the Treasury inspector general noted their audit acknowledged there were other watch lists. But the spokesman added: "We did not review the use, disposition, purpose or content of the other BOLOs. That was outside the scope of our audit.”
==========
Levin Presses TIGTA on Claim that it Narrowly Focused on Tea Party at Issa’s Direction
JUN 26, 2013
http://democrats.waysandmeans.house.gov/press...

...These new disclosures are not consistent with the description of your audit work...

“Consistency in Identifying and Reviewing Applications for Tax-Exempt Status Involving Political Advocacy Issues (FY 2012 – Work in Process – Audit Number: 201210022) Audit Objective: Assess the consistency of the EO function’s identification and review of applications for tax-exempt status involving potential political advocacy issues.”

They are also not consistent with the stated objective on the first page of the May 14, 2013 audit report which was “to determine whether allegations were founded that the IRS: 1) targeted specific groups applying for tax-exempt status, 2) delayed processing of targeted groups’ applications, and 3) requested unnecessary information from targeted groups.” There is no mention of your audit being limited to only one political side—Tea Party and conservative organizations....

...Further, as described in my initial letter, the audit failed to acknowledge that the term “progressives” was used on the BOLOs, and failed to acknowledge that liberal groups were among the 298 applications that you reviewed for the audit. On page 10, the audit states:“We reviewed all 298 applications that had been identified as potential political cases as of May 31, 2012.” Yet, when repeatedly asked at Congressional hearings, you stated that you could not tell if liberal groups were included in the 298. On page 8, the audit report includes a chart that fails to note that liberal organizations were included in the 298.

Finally, I would like to remind you that my office released all of the BOLOs provided to the committees of jurisdiction by the IRS. We released all BOLOs that we received spanning the time period from August 12, 2010 through April 19, 2013. The timeline in your Audit (Figure 5, page 13) started in August 12, 2010 and ended in May, 2012. Since, the term “progressive” was included on the BOLOs, please explain to me how it is conceivable that “investigators were not aware of any BOLOs listing progressive organizations when conducting the review” as stated above.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

This is probably not even worth mentioning...

IRS Scandal Puts Investigators Under Investigation
Posted: 06/25/2013 10:20 pm EDT | Updated: 06/26/2013 9:48 am EDT
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/25/irs-...

...Off the Hill, accusatory fingers began pointing towards one of the inspector general report's main authors: Gregory D. Kutz, the assistant inspector general for audit and the first individual listed among the "major contributors" to the IRS report.

Three sources independently contacted the Huffington Post on Tuesday to note that in 2011, Kutz had been relieved of his job as head of the special investigations unit at the Government Accountability Office when a report he produced on for-profit colleges underwent multiple corrections. One of the three sources -- a former Kutz colleague -- argued that the IRS investigation mirrored the for-profit school study, showing a bias toward "pursuing overly sensationalist stories."

A spokesman for the inspector general's office dismissed the charge and the suggestion that Kutz's presence on the IRS report's masthead was a red flag.

The inspector general's “rigorous review process insures the integrity of all our work," the spokesman said. "Our audit reports, in addition to being conducted in conformance with government auditing standards, are subjected to extensive review.”...

UPDATE: 11 p.m.-- A HuffPost reader points out an ironic twist to this story. When Kutz was removed from his GAO post in 2011, following the issuance of his highly criticized for-profit college study, one lawmaker praising the reorganization was Rep. Darell Issa.

“Congress and the American people trust the GAO to provide impartial and objective information about federal programs that enable Congress to make informed decisions and take necessary action," Issa said at the time. "This important change in leadership and organization increases my confidence these initial steps will address issues that this committee’s ongoing investigation has identified.”

Flash forward two years and Kutz has helped produce the IRS report that Issa requested and has used to criticize the Obama administration.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

billybob wrote:
<quoted text>
A Loooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggg gggggg list of people wish someone didn't have a gun. The 3 year old shot in the belly by a teenage robber in Atlanta this week would be just the 1st of many. Funny how you gloss over all the innocent bystanders shot by some nut with a gun who should have never had the damn thing in the first place. But he got it at a gun show, how convenient. But lets not forget the guy is still dead over a pair of shoes, ain't we a great society.
While you're at it, don't forget the mother who hid in the closet with her children when a burglar? rapist? murderer? yanked open the closet door. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

The funny thing is this: You libs actually BELIEVE that if someone wants a gun bad enough, they won't be able to get one. ANOTHER law won't change that.
On second thought, you believed that lunatic Obama and voted for him TWICE.

Yew so thsmart.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

pink underwear wrote:
<quoted text>
Better run and hide, them "gays" are everywhere!!! And they are out to turn the whole world gay!!
Coming soon to a house next to yours, better hide or they will turn you to......
Hey, genius. I'm NOT a homophobe. I was giving OMTE a heads up that he might be mistaken about the Episcopal church. Apparently, he is.

You are just grabbing at straws. You WANT to hate me, but you just can't. lol

Yew are really thsmart, too.
gerry

Dexter, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Get rid of all!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
By Bernie Becker
My goodness, you are getting desperate. Spin and selective quotation editing to try and create a false impression. Quit having such a knee jerk reaction. Recognize that the IRS used its enormous power to attempt to harass and prevent American citizens from exercising their 1st Amendment rights. That should bother you regardless of the political persuasion of the groups.

-=========
The following are excerpts from Mr George's letter to Mr Levin, the link to the entire letter is at the bottom.

"TIGTA's audit report focused on criteria being used by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) during the period of May 2010 through May 2012 regarding allegations that certain groups applying for tax-exempt status were being targeted. We reviewed all cases that the IRS identified as potential political cases and did not limit our audit to allegations related to the Tea Party."

"DID NOT LIMIT OUR AUDIT TO ...THE TEA PARTY"

"we did not find evidence that the criteria you identified, labeled "Progressives," were used by the IRS to select potential political cases during the 2010 to 2012 timeframe we audited. The "Progressives" criteria appeared on a section of the "Be On the Look Out" (BOLO) spreadsheet labeled "Historical," and, unlike other BOLO entries, did not include instructions on how to refer cases that met the criteria. While we have multiple sources of information corroborating the use of Tea Party and other related criteria we described in our report, including employee interviews, e-mails, and other documents, we found no indication in any of these other materials that "Progressives" was a term used to refer cases for scrutiny for political campaign intervention."

"TIGTA's audit did not review how TAG Historical cases (including the "Progressives" identifier) were processed because we did not find evidence that the IRS used the TAG Historical section of the BOLO listings as selection criteria for potential political cases between May 2010 and May 2012."

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/docume...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

When wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is nothing other than a motivational speaker, and he's good at it. He motivates dummies to vote for him, he motivates his supporters to hang on every word he speaks,(even duh), and he motivated "voters without a clue" to vote for him.
His motivational speeches have made the rounds and people are getting tired of them, especially the informed and smart blacks.(they pick up on jive crap pretty quickly)
One entity not getting tired of him is the liberal media, course they have never had a brain.(just looks and can read a prompter.)
+1 well stated.

People that don't know any better (the clueless and uneducated) flock to that "stuff", particularly when a politician (essentially) says, "I'll take from the rich person and give it to you! Vote for me and it will be free!"...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/06/62051-video-t...

These people (probably) vote...
Informed Opinion

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:

By Bernie Becker

...The spokesman for the Treasury inspector general noted their audit acknowledged there were other watch lists. But the spokesman added: "We did not review the use, disposition, purpose or content of the other BOLOs. That was outside the scope of our audit.”
==========
Levin Presses TIGTA on Claim that it Narrowly Focused on Tea Party at IssaÂ’s Direction
JUN 26, 2013
http://democrats.waysandmeans.house.gov/press...

...These new disclosures are not consistent with the description of your audit work...

“Consistency in Identifying and Reviewing Applications for Tax-Exempt Status Involving Political Advocacy Issues (FY 2012 – Work in Process – Audit Number: 201210022) Audit Objective: Assess the consistency of the EO function’s identification and review of applications for tax-exempt status involving potential political advocacy issues.”

They are also not consistent with the stated objective on the first page of the May 14, 2013 audit report which was “to determine whether allegations were founded that the IRS: 1) targeted specific groups applying for tax-exempt status, 2) delayed processing of targeted groups’ applications, and 3) requested unnecessary information from targeted groups.” There is no mention of your audit being limited to only one political side—Tea Party and conservative organizations....

...Further, as described in my initial letter, the audit failed to acknowledge that the term “progressives” was used on the BOLOs, and failed to acknowledge that liberal groups were among the 298 applications that you reviewed for the audit. On page 10, the audit states:“We reviewed all 298 applications that had been identified as potential political cases as of May 31, 2012.” Yet, when repeatedly asked at Congressional hearings, you stated that you could not tell if liberal groups were included in the 298. On page 8, the audit report includes a chart that fails to note that liberal organizations were included in the 298.

Finally, I would like to remind you that my office released all of the BOLOs provided to the committees of jurisdiction by the IRS. We released all BOLOs that we received spanning the time period from August 12, 2010 through April 19, 2013. The timeline in your Audit (Figure 5, page 13) started in August 12, 2010 and ended in May, 2012. Since, the term “progressive” was included on the BOLOs, please explain to me how it is conceivable that “investigators were not aware of any BOLOs listing progressive organizations when conducting the review” as stated above.
Great post.

The patience you show dealing with those who prefer to speak from ignorance is impressive.

Since the advent of the Internet, the complete story is so available it's sad how many prefer to limit their exposure to sources they trust not to interfere with their preconceptions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post.
The patience you show dealing with those who prefer to speak from ignorance is impressive.
Since the advent of the Internet, the complete story is so available it's sad how many prefer to limit their exposure to sources they trust not to interfere with their preconceptions.
Couldn't agree with you more. So how about going to the source of the information rather than searching for those authors who slant the facts to give you the perception you prefer. To help you with that I will again include the link to the IRS IG's letter.

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/docume...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
http://www.ijreview.com/2013/0 6/62051-video-the-first-ever-o bama-supporter-beauty-pageant
That's okay. They voted(twice) for someone who thinks we have 57 states. lol What's the prob?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post.
lol Says the Obamabot from the Planet Libroid.
wait a minute

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Bill in Dville wrote:
http://www.ijreview.com/2013/0 6/62051-video-the-first-ever-o bama-supporter-beauty-pageant
LOL How true!!!!
Billy

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just when I think his narcissism CAN'T get any worse, he says something like that. That clown is hopeless.
Among the long list of points you are missing, is the gay marriage issue. NOBODY is telling you what you can believe or can't believe when it comes to marriage. What they are doing is simply acknowledging the legal side of marriage, giving them the rights guaranteed to all by the Constitution. Not the religious side and their is a difference. Agnostics get married all the time and its a legal union, not a religious one. So go beat some other dead horse for the rest of the week.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
Among the long list of points you are missing, is the gay marriage issue. NOBODY is telling you what you can believe or can't believe when it comes to marriage. What they are doing is simply acknowledging the legal side of marriage, giving them the rights guaranteed to all by the Constitution. Not the religious side and their is a difference. Agnostics get married all the time and its a legal union, not a religious one. So go beat some other dead horse for the rest of the week.
Okay. I'm going to type this a little slower, so that you'll POSSIBLY understand. I don't care if someone wants to marry a tree. Leave animals and kids out of it. Other than that, rock on, Dude. Whom someone marries doesn't affect my life one way or the other.
one thing

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

On thing this post is proving is that most people in these parts are sane. All the insane ramblings are coming from just a few. People who have nothing better to do than to search the internet all day and night for things that back up their clueless hate filled beliefs. This is the obvious reason for the decline of the Republican Party. These people here are crazy as hell.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Just MORE(if one even needs more) proof how out of touch our so called president is. The dictator, Obama, is making quite the name for himself.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/europe-exits-cl...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what they are attempting to do is redefine the word "marriage" - that has enormous repercussions. Had the argument been made to grant civil unions between homosexuals the same rights and obligations as marriage, that would have been a reasonable debate and one that I suspect many who oppose the idea of so called gay marriage would not have had a problem with. But marriage is an institution that is very important to a stable society and to arbitrarily decide it can be fundamentally redefined is something that should not be done hastily - especially when other alternatives were available that would have accomplished the same end. Once it is established that the concept of marriage is fluid, it opens the door for many other relationships to stand up and say "now it's our turn".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, YOU missed the point of that post. Of course, add that to the Looooooog list of points you seem to miss rather regularly. My point was that Obama stated that he wasn't going to MAKE churches(or something to that effect) marry gay couples(AS IF). Well, thank you very much, Mr. Narcissistic Egomaniac.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Kingsland Forum right now

Search the Kingsland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Residential car lots 15 hr ScottyB 92
kingsland adventure park 15 hr anon 69
Which pest control? Tue Nan-zilla 3
Can the President be recalled? (Jul '09) Tue joker 37
The new "OPS" location (Dec '13) Jul 21 Wrinkletard 52
Automobile Dearlerships Jul 21 Jax 5
Local Karate Instructor (Oct '12) Jul 20 Just me 54
•••
•••