Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Kingsland Forum

Comments (Page 771)

Showing posts 15,401 - 15,420 of47,776
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Hey OMTE, the JODI ARIAS STORY is on LIFETIME CH., check it out.
I watched the whole trial. Don't need to see the movie.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I watched the whole trial. Don't need to see the movie.
y'know 'I saw where you said that you thought she was innocent(or something like that). While I do think that she was innocent, I do think that there was some 'probable cause' and do not believe that she should be sentenced to death. Sorry, I left out the word not....I do not think that she was innocent....
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly hope that's true. If ever there was a time for us to join together, now is the time.
disagree, respectfully.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text> I think it is possible that may be wrong on this one. Liberals have and are losing their jobs just as everyone else is. They are also losing their health insurance and see that there just isn't room for these 30 million illegal people that is sucking the wealth of this country away. Liberals standards of living are not getting any better than conservatives. I think they may also believe that we must take care of our own first.
I will re-write my post about illegal immigration(since there seems to be so much interest in it) but it will take a few days- damn the torpedos !!
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>y'know 'I saw where you said that you thought she was innocent(or something like that). While I do think that she was innocent, I do think that there was some 'probable cause' and do not believe that she should be sentenced to death. Sorry, I left out the word not....I do not think that she was innocent....
I think she was innocent of murder in the first degree. I do think she planned to kill him, but when she got there she changed her mind, because she loved him. If she just went there to kill him she would have when he opened the door. I think it should have been voluntary manslaughter. It was actually murder in the second, but bein how he tore the girls heart out. I would have reduced the charges. That is if I had anything to do with it. She didn't kill the boy to get out of a marriage like alot of men do. She killed him, because her heart was broken and she wasn't thinkin right. I think he got what he desserved.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I think she was innocent of murder in the first degree. I do think she planned to kill him, but when she got there she changed her mind, because she loved him. If she just went there to kill him she would have when he opened the door. I think it should have been voluntary manslaughter. It was actually murder in the second, but bein how he tore the girls heart out. I would have reduced the charges. That is if I had anything to do with it. She didn't kill the boy to get out of a marriage like alot of men do. She killed him, because her heart was broken and she wasn't thinkin right. I think he got what he desserved.
I did not watch the whole trial, so I am just not sure- but I will say this they made too much a big deal about "the two minutes it took to kill him, merciful- the way I see it.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>I did not watch the whole trial, so I am just not sure- but I will say this they made too much a big deal about "the two minutes it took to kill him, merciful- the way I see it.
I feel worse for her.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>LoL. Ya ain't whooped are ya?
in love would be more apt. But "c'est la vie", say the old folks- goes to show you never can tell.
What

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>matter o fact, I do. I help my neighbors, I help my kin, I just try to do the little things that matter to some- btw, what do you do ?

My answer::
Pretty much the same. Family first, neighbors next, then the community.
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>yet still you refuse to answer the question- WHO do YOU help ??

You never asked this question, see above post. You asked what do you do? And when you ask "Who", what? you want names? dates?, birthdays? Give me a break with some consistency of thought on your part.
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>SOS, Just a bunch of ner'do wells(syns word), they do not feel hunger, cold or thirst, huh.

What are you talking about? Sorry, but I have trouble understanding people drugged out or who fail to connect the dots of logical thinking to explain their thinking in words of understanding.

You've got a lot of explaining to do in order to advance to a higher level of comprehension.

What

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

What?
What

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

"President Obamaís Friday meeting with a newly reformed privacy watchdog panel will take place behind the closed doors of the White House Situation Room, according to administration officials.

Itís the presidentís first sit-down with the recently constituted and little-known Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board, created nearly a decade ago but dormant for the entirety of the Obama presidency.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/...

A private meeting with a private board that's been DOMANT the whole time Obama has been President?????

Was it because Obama has to have a tight finger on everything that goes on in America??

Was it dormant on Obama's orders or because we have a failed Presidency??

Was it because Obama used frogs instead of spiders to scare the American people?

The Snowden debacle, with loose lips, has shown a federal government out of control with little oversight by the President or Congress. What we have are "failed elected officials" to oversee the running of our government.

Oh my

Young Harris, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
I truly find myself stunned that you could read what you say you did and not come away with a recognition of the perversion of the Gospel that Cone presents. From his opening statement he redefines what "theology" is in order to make his argument. That is positively Orwellian - and Cone does it repeatedly.
"Theology"
-Merriam-Webster
: the study of religious faith, practice, and experience; especially : the study of God and of God's relation to the world
Cone, A Black Theology of Liberation
Preface to the 1986 Edition
"Theology is not universal language about God. Rather, it is human speech informed by historical and theological traditions, and written for particular times and places. Theology is contextual language - that is, defined by the human situation that gives birth to it. No one can write theology for all times, places, and persons.
=======
Then when he discusses how he will not debate white theologians:
"White theologians wanted me to debate with them about the question of whether "black theology" was real theology, using their criteria to decide the issue. With clever theological sophistication, white theologians define the discipline of theology in the light of the problem of the unbeliever (i.e. the question of the relationship of faith and reason) and thus unrelated to the problem of slavery and racism. Using a white definition of theology, I knew there was no way I could win the debate."
page xvii
"using a white definition" - since when are there different definitions of a word depending on your race?
"Racism is a disease that perverts one's moral sensitivity and distorts the intellect."
page xviii of the 1986 Preface
Is the irony of that completely lost on you?
==========
I WAS hoping to change your mind. I was hoping that your arguing with my questioning of Cone's theology was just a knee jerk support of someone on the Left and that with a little information you would realize you should stop. There are discussions I do not get into on this forum because I either realize I just don't know enough about the subject or I realize I am conflicted on the subject - so best to stay out of it.
Apparently there is more than one definition, and Black Liberation Theology fits the bill as well as any other Theology. Since it is humans who are taking part in the study of God's realtionship to the universe, and since it is humans who are developing the system that describes this relationship, then there is no re-difinition when Cones writes:

"Theology is not universal language about God. Rather, it is human speech informed by historical and theological traditions, and written for particular times and places. Theology is contextual language - that is, defined by the human situation that gives birth to it. No one can write theology for all times, places, and persons."

It is not surprising that you find this unfathomable, I suspect that you wouldn't like the work of Joseph Campbell either.

theology
- The study of the nature of God and religious belief.
- Religious beliefs and theory when systematically developed: "Christian theology".

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/theolo...
- the field of study and analysis that treats of God and of God's attributes and relations to the universe; study of divine things or religious truth; divinity.
- a particular form, system, branch, or course of this study.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/the...
- the study of religious faith, practice, and experience; especially : the study of God and of God's relation to the world
- a theological theory or system <Thomist theology> <a theology of atonement>
- a distinctive body of theological opinion <Catholic theology>
- a usually 4-year course of specialized religious training in a Roman Catholic major seminary
Oh my

Young Harris, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
...is that we're devaluing American knowledge. If the rest of the world isn't educated here - and they can't stay on the cutting edge - then those countries need the services of people who DO have that type of infrastructure - thus creating demand for American ingenuity and products.
Uhmmm, how does this square with published scientific research in peer reviewed journals, once it's published anyone can build on it, which is the whole point of science.
Oh my

Young Harris, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I wasn't clear, but I also was falling into the "an immigration bill is inevitable" trap. I want the borders secure regardless, it is asinine that we do not have an enforceable border. Forget the illegal workers for now, considering the threat from radical Islamists, there is no excuse for our elected officials to have not made the border a major priority after 9/11. That is how the argument should have been framed all along - not as a matter of keeping illegal aliens out, but a matter of keeping those who would do us harm out. The rest would be simply a side benefit.
And for those who decry a secure border as somehow being cruel and hateful - how about we just take the same approach to our southern border and illegals as Mexico does to its southern border and its illegals:
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/344042...
Uhmmm, tell us what a porous border had to do with the "radical Islamists" responsible for 9/11.

I wonder what the unintended consequences are of a sealed tight border, now that we see what we've traded away in privacy for the sense of security, perhaps drones over America ain't so bad if their "only" on the border. Besides who would ever want to leave America, we'll always be on the good side of the fence.
Oh my

Young Harris, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post. The only thing I might add is that there should be a LIMIT to the number of children.
At the very least, the babies that illegals are having here now should NOT be considered American citizens. THAT ticks me off. Half the Hispanics I see are knocked up and I'll bet you a nickel to a bottle of stump water that they are illegal.
Uhmmm, limit the number of children born to illegal aliens, what a well considered plan, now how do we indentify these illegals and keep them segregated so they can't breed. Maybe we should check everyone's paper, those that pass will get a mark, those that fail will get the boot.

Or, perhaps the goal is to limit the number of children because they are a drain on economic resources, but then wouldn't that apply to a whole range of people, not just Hispanics.

Why do words like fascist and racist rise up out of so much that you post.
billybob

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

What wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't responded to my post about the EPA failing to do their job. When are you going to address that issue.
Comprehension issues??? I have said several times if not for the EPA we would be out of clean water and clean air by now. You do understand that's their job to do and they have done a damn fine job with all the roadblock's the idiot fringe puts up because they really don't care about anyone but themselves, understand??
Who

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhmmm, limit the number of children born to illegal aliens, what a well considered plan, now how do we indentify these illegals and keep them segregated so they can't breed. Maybe we should check everyone's paper, those that pass will get a mark, those that fail will get the boot.
Or, perhaps the goal is to limit the number of children because they are a drain on economic resources, but then wouldn't that apply to a whole range of people, not just Hispanics.
Why do words like fascist and racist rise up out of so much that you post.

I think you owe her a bottle of stump water.
billybob

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

What wrote:
"President Obamaís Friday meeting with a newly reformed privacy watchdog panel will take place behind the closed doors of the White House Situation Room, according to administration officials.
Itís the presidentís first sit-down with the recently constituted and little-known Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board, created nearly a decade ago but dormant for the entirety of the Obama presidency.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/...
A private meeting with a private board that's been DOMANT the whole time Obama has been President?????
Was it because Obama has to have a tight finger on everything that goes on in America??
Was it dormant on Obama's orders or because we have a failed Presidency??
Was it because Obama used frogs instead of spiders to scare the American people?
The Snowden debacle, with loose lips, has shown a federal government out of control with little oversight by the President or Congress. What we have are "failed elected officials" to oversee the running of our government.
So it he does something its his fault, if he does nothing its his fault. Everything is just his fault, we understand your position. What very few understand is how you come to such a conclusion. One way is to ignore the history of the last 15 years completely. Obama is an amateur compared to the last President who used lies to scare congress and the American people to go to war that has bankrupt the nation with false information. You must get all your information from whacko sources like Fox. Most conservatives in their hearts believe men are superior and should be dominate over women. A link to a few recent examples on air at Fox

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx...

But I am sure that's also Obamas fault. You might also want to blame Obama for conservative's losing the last TWO Presidential elections, that for sure was his fault.
billybob

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious. If they are illegal, they are paying sales taxes, but how about income taxes? They take advantage of our resources, but don't pay income tax. You call what I post tripe? You are completely IGNORANT(I already know that) if you can't determine how a massive influx of people in quest of American citizenship will affect the quality of your life. If you are capable, how about thinking on that one for a bit.
I will give it one more try, can you tell me how a massive influx of people from Mexico is going to happen with the border secure, they are nowhere near secure today. Common sense should tell you we will not get more illegals, but less. They are not changing existing immigration laws, how will we get this massive influx that so scares you, please for once just a simple answer.

As for the income tax you are correct. Being a good conservative you should know that most poor people in this country don't pay hardly any income tax, they just pay all the hidden taxes and sales tax, so what's your point.

Now sit still and clear your mind, and answer the question coming from the comment you made as fact.
Who

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

billybob wrote:
<quoted text>
So it he does something its his fault, if he does nothing its his fault. Everything is just his fault, we understand your position. What very few understand is how you come to such a conclusion. One way is to ignore the history of the last 15 years completely. Obama is an amateur compared to the last President who used lies to scare congress and the American people to go to war that has bankrupt the nation with false information. You must get all your information from whacko sources like Fox. Most conservatives in their hearts believe men are superior and should be dominate over women. A link to a few recent examples on air at Fox
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx...
But I am sure that's also Obamas fault. You might also want to blame Obama for conservative's losing the last TWO Presidential elections, that for sure was his fault.

So you like frogs huh.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 15,401 - 15,420 of47,776
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Kingsland Forum right now

Search the Kingsland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Kingsland radio station (Nov '12) 4 hr Jay Moreno 24
Have You Seen Jay Moreno? 21 hr Jay Moreno 2
Residential car lots 22 hr Jay Moreno 33
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Fri Mason II 2,039
Hardcases at B&B Custom Hardscapes Thu Rokster 2
Cheap decent place for rent Wed NomadHeart 11
Why all the yard signs Wed Ann 20
•••
•••
•••
•••

Kingsland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••