Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#16236 Jun 22, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I agree with deportation and starting over, that will NEVER happen in a million years. The libs would riot in the streets. They don't seem to realize how the massive influx of people from Mexico will hurt their own quality of life. At any rate, you are most likely right that it's just a foot in the door and then they'll be granted amnesty. Everything and every place will be overcrowded. Some Democrat(Shumer?) will complain that the bill(if passed) requires TOO MUCH TIME before someone can become legal and then it's off to the races. To put it in simple terms: It's too late.
I think it is possible that may be wrong on this one. Liberals have and are losing their jobs just as everyone else is. They are also losing their health insurance and see that there just isn't room for these 30 million illegal people that is sucking the wealth of this country away. Liberals standards of living are not getting any better than conservatives. I think they may also believe that we must take care of our own first.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#16237 Jun 22, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely, to me it seems obvious that if a child is born to parents who are here illegally, the child should not be considered an automatic citizen. It isn't cruel, it's rational.
good point, Ag. I agree.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#16238 Jun 22, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>You better behave. They got places for bad boys *timeout* LoL.
I think that I may already be on one.
OMTE

Douglas, GA

#16239 Jun 22, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The first thing is that these crooked lawmakers want us to think that the bill is inevitable so we must take whatever they decide to give.
The second thing is America is being hoodwinked into letting the politicians put border security on the table with this bill. It is just a trick to get your mind off the actual immigration bill. What does border security really have to do with immigration? Only that it should already be there and should not even be thought of. It should be taken as a given that we have protected and secure borders to start with.
The third thing is that we are being bullied and pc"ed into thinking we owe these illegal border crosser's everything that they and our sellout politicians are demanding. All they should get is a trip back to their own country and a chance to become a citizen using our immigration laws.
The bill is too broad. It needs to be broken down into separate bills. We need to focus on the border first. That needs to be in a bill by itself. Once that is established then talk about immigration reform. Border security has nothing to do with immigration reform. It has to do with national security. This is just a pacifier for the republican's so the Democrats can grant 30 million Illegal immigrants amnesty. If it passes it will the downfall of this country. It is the most troublesome to me than any scandal or threat.
OMTE

Douglas, GA

#16240 Jun 22, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>I think that I may already be on one.
LoL. Ya ain't whooped are ya?
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#16241 Jun 22, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>You better behave. They got places for bad boys *timeout* LoL.
Hey OMTE, the JODI ARIAS STORY is on LIFETIME CH., check it out.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#16242 Jun 22, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text> I think it is possible that may be wrong on this one. Liberals have and are losing their jobs just as everyone else is. They are also losing their health insurance and see that there just isn't room for these 30 million illegal people that is sucking the wealth of this country away. Liberals standards of living are not getting any better than conservatives. I think they may also believe that we must take care of our own first.
I certainly hope that's true. If ever there was a time for us to join together, now is the time.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#16243 Jun 22, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>The bill is too broad. It needs to be broken down into separate bills. We need to focus on the border first. That needs to be in a bill by itself. Once that is established then talk about immigration reform. Border security has nothing to do with immigration reform. It has to do with national security. This is just a pacifier for the republican's so the Democrats can grant 30 million Illegal immigrants amnesty. If it passes it will the downfall of this country. It is the most troublesome to me than any scandal or threat.
+1 Good post.
OMTE

Douglas, GA

#16244 Jun 22, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Hey OMTE, the JODI ARIAS STORY is on LIFETIME CH., check it out.
I watched the whole trial. Don't need to see the movie.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#16245 Jun 22, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I watched the whole trial. Don't need to see the movie.
y'know 'I saw where you said that you thought she was innocent(or something like that). While I do think that she was innocent, I do think that there was some 'probable cause' and do not believe that she should be sentenced to death. Sorry, I left out the word not....I do not think that she was innocent....
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#16246 Jun 22, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly hope that's true. If ever there was a time for us to join together, now is the time.
disagree, respectfully.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#16247 Jun 22, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text> I think it is possible that may be wrong on this one. Liberals have and are losing their jobs just as everyone else is. They are also losing their health insurance and see that there just isn't room for these 30 million illegal people that is sucking the wealth of this country away. Liberals standards of living are not getting any better than conservatives. I think they may also believe that we must take care of our own first.
I will re-write my post about illegal immigration(since there seems to be so much interest in it) but it will take a few days- damn the torpedos !!
OMTE

Douglas, GA

#16248 Jun 22, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>y'know 'I saw where you said that you thought she was innocent(or something like that). While I do think that she was innocent, I do think that there was some 'probable cause' and do not believe that she should be sentenced to death. Sorry, I left out the word not....I do not think that she was innocent....
I think she was innocent of murder in the first degree. I do think she planned to kill him, but when she got there she changed her mind, because she loved him. If she just went there to kill him she would have when he opened the door. I think it should have been voluntary manslaughter. It was actually murder in the second, but bein how he tore the girls heart out. I would have reduced the charges. That is if I had anything to do with it. She didn't kill the boy to get out of a marriage like alot of men do. She killed him, because her heart was broken and she wasn't thinkin right. I think he got what he desserved.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#16249 Jun 22, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I think she was innocent of murder in the first degree. I do think she planned to kill him, but when she got there she changed her mind, because she loved him. If she just went there to kill him she would have when he opened the door. I think it should have been voluntary manslaughter. It was actually murder in the second, but bein how he tore the girls heart out. I would have reduced the charges. That is if I had anything to do with it. She didn't kill the boy to get out of a marriage like alot of men do. She killed him, because her heart was broken and she wasn't thinkin right. I think he got what he desserved.
I did not watch the whole trial, so I am just not sure- but I will say this they made too much a big deal about "the two minutes it took to kill him, merciful- the way I see it.
OMTE

Douglas, GA

#16250 Jun 22, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>I did not watch the whole trial, so I am just not sure- but I will say this they made too much a big deal about "the two minutes it took to kill him, merciful- the way I see it.
I feel worse for her.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#16251 Jun 22, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>LoL. Ya ain't whooped are ya?
in love would be more apt. But "c'est la vie", say the old folks- goes to show you never can tell.
What

Dahlonega, GA

#16252 Jun 23, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>matter o fact, I do. I help my neighbors, I help my kin, I just try to do the little things that matter to some- btw, what do you do ?

My answer::
Pretty much the same. Family first, neighbors next, then the community.
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>yet still you refuse to answer the question- WHO do YOU help ??

You never asked this question, see above post. You asked what do you do? And when you ask "Who", what? you want names? dates?, birthdays? Give me a break with some consistency of thought on your part.
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>SOS, Just a bunch of ner'do wells(syns word), they do not feel hunger, cold or thirst, huh.

What are you talking about? Sorry, but I have trouble understanding people drugged out or who fail to connect the dots of logical thinking to explain their thinking in words of understanding.

You've got a lot of explaining to do in order to advance to a higher level of comprehension.

What

Dahlonega, GA

#16253 Jun 23, 2013
What?
What

Dahlonega, GA

#16254 Jun 23, 2013
"President Obama’s Friday meeting with a newly reformed privacy watchdog panel will take place behind the closed doors of the White House Situation Room, according to administration officials.

It’s the president’s first sit-down with the recently constituted and little-known Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board, created nearly a decade ago but dormant for the entirety of the Obama presidency.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/...

A private meeting with a private board that's been DOMANT the whole time Obama has been President?????

Was it because Obama has to have a tight finger on everything that goes on in America??

Was it dormant on Obama's orders or because we have a failed Presidency??

Was it because Obama used frogs instead of spiders to scare the American people?

The Snowden debacle, with loose lips, has shown a federal government out of control with little oversight by the President or Congress. What we have are "failed elected officials" to oversee the running of our government.

Oh my

Young Harris, GA

#16256 Jun 23, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
I truly find myself stunned that you could read what you say you did and not come away with a recognition of the perversion of the Gospel that Cone presents. From his opening statement he redefines what "theology" is in order to make his argument. That is positively Orwellian - and Cone does it repeatedly.
"Theology"
-Merriam-Webster
: the study of religious faith, practice, and experience; especially : the study of God and of God's relation to the world
Cone, A Black Theology of Liberation
Preface to the 1986 Edition
"Theology is not universal language about God. Rather, it is human speech informed by historical and theological traditions, and written for particular times and places. Theology is contextual language - that is, defined by the human situation that gives birth to it. No one can write theology for all times, places, and persons.
=======
Then when he discusses how he will not debate white theologians:
"White theologians wanted me to debate with them about the question of whether "black theology" was real theology, using their criteria to decide the issue. With clever theological sophistication, white theologians define the discipline of theology in the light of the problem of the unbeliever (i.e. the question of the relationship of faith and reason) and thus unrelated to the problem of slavery and racism. Using a white definition of theology, I knew there was no way I could win the debate."
page xvii
"using a white definition" - since when are there different definitions of a word depending on your race?
"Racism is a disease that perverts one's moral sensitivity and distorts the intellect."
page xviii of the 1986 Preface
Is the irony of that completely lost on you?
==========
I WAS hoping to change your mind. I was hoping that your arguing with my questioning of Cone's theology was just a knee jerk support of someone on the Left and that with a little information you would realize you should stop. There are discussions I do not get into on this forum because I either realize I just don't know enough about the subject or I realize I am conflicted on the subject - so best to stay out of it.
Apparently there is more than one definition, and Black Liberation Theology fits the bill as well as any other Theology. Since it is humans who are taking part in the study of God's realtionship to the universe, and since it is humans who are developing the system that describes this relationship, then there is no re-difinition when Cones writes:

"Theology is not universal language about God. Rather, it is human speech informed by historical and theological traditions, and written for particular times and places. Theology is contextual language - that is, defined by the human situation that gives birth to it. No one can write theology for all times, places, and persons."

It is not surprising that you find this unfathomable, I suspect that you wouldn't like the work of Joseph Campbell either.

theology
- The study of the nature of God and religious belief.
- Religious beliefs and theory when systematically developed: "Christian theology".

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/theolo...
- the field of study and analysis that treats of God and of God's attributes and relations to the universe; study of divine things or religious truth; divinity.
- a particular form, system, branch, or course of this study.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/the...
- the study of religious faith, practice, and experience; especially : the study of God and of God's relation to the world
- a theological theory or system <Thomist theology> <a theology of atonement>
- a distinctive body of theological opinion <Catholic theology>
- a usually 4-year course of specialized religious training in a Roman Catholic major seminary

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clinton earns 40 more Republican endorsements 22 min Hymn Rhoid 8
7 Times Hillary Clinton Threatened, Smeared and... 24 min Just saying 3
Hooray for Jay Moreno Just what this place needs 27 min Hymn Rhoid 17
Those that voted for Buddy Carter 39 min Hymn Rhoid 1
How Donald Trump Exploited Charity for Personal... Fri anti trump 1
donald trump either lied to the republicans or ... Sep 28 anti trump 3
Where is Moron-oh Sep 27 Boberto 1

Kingsland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance