|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

To Aggie:

Now, you see why I say it's pretty much a waste of time?

Happy Mother's Day to all!
Informed Opinion

North Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>"loser pays" has been shown to reduce frivolous lawsuits and actually helps those who have true grounds for litigation.
While most western nations have a form of loser pays, I could only find 8 states with loser pays of any kind and not all those applied to medical malpractice suits. Please list which states have medical malpractice loser pays laws.
Florida HAD "loser pays" for a whopping total of 5 years from 1980-1985, it was not implemented properly and both "sides" were hurt - however, those who have studied the full effects say that "the baby should not have been thrown out with the bath water" and are suggesting a modified form - if Florida has enacted another type of "loser pays", please cite it, because I tried every permutation of phrase on Google and couldn't find it. That is a serious request, I would love to look at them. The only ones I could find were Alaska and Texas.

The "medical malpractice" lottery is a loser for all responsible people - plaintiffs who suffered no harm and ambulance chasing lawyers clog up the system with frivolous lawsuits that they never intend to take to court, they are just hoping for an insurance settlement to make a buck for nothing. And if the insurance company chooses to settle, the doctor has no choice even if he/she wants to fight for their good name - and then they get to forever after have the reputation of having settled a malpractice suit and they get to pay increased insurance costs for the rest of their career - often for no wrongdoing AT ALL.

Am I denying malpractice exists? Absolutely not - but there is a lottery system mentality among some because VERY FEW states have loser pays. Just look at the trial lawyer advertisements on television - "You don't pay, if we don't win." - why not roll that dice? Are patients who are harmed through TRUE negligence entitled to compensation, of course. But even in cases where the doctor was not at fault and some bad result occurred, for whatever reason, the doctor is fighting the natural inclination of jurors to look at the person who has incurred injury and feel sorry for them and want to help them - REGARDLESS of whether or not the doctor actually did anything wrong - after all, he/she can afford it, right?

So it looks like your post is a load of horse feathers and isn't even true in Florida anymore.
Every state has "loser pays".

Politicians and lobbyists like to pretend "loser pays" doesn't exist - but is has existed for decades.

it's called "offer of judgment", or "demand for judgment", or "proposal for settlement".

In Florida it's codified as Section 768.79.

In Georgia it's codified as O.C.G.A.£ 9-11-68.

In the event either party in a lawsuit make such an offer at any time in a lawsuit, even at the very beginning, If that party wins - the loser pays all your attorney's fees and costs.

That's why often an Offer of Judgment is filed at the start of every lawsuit by both sides.

As to costs, most states have statutes that automatically make the loser pay the winner's costs.

Of course politicians and lobbyists will never tell you about that.

You get to learn that when you show up at an attorney's office and are told to be prepared to pay all the other sides fees and costs.
columbus native

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in your town last summer (I was born on Fort Benning 57 yrs. ago and spent my first seven years there) and was very impressed with downtown, clean and comfortable. How's the river release going and is it ready for kayaks yet?
Don't give up the beauty of Georgia pine trees and clearer water than here. Also this is one of the most staunch republican parts of our country so have to be slightly careful what I say. Folks like to flaunt their ego walking around in plain clothes showing off their pistols. I prefer Pine Mountain where I plan to be in 2 years.
columbus native

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Question? Why would this republican state nor any state turn down 8 billion dollars in medicaid money because it comes from "The Government"? That money will just go next door to another willing state. Now republicans military bases are also "Government Money" and like Ft Benning all win by expansion. Hypocrittical or not? Money for healthcare or money for the military? Whats the difference repubs?
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

REPUBLICANS ARE SO PREDICTABLE

I said this in response to Aggies Benghazi Fever:
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
McCain calls for appointment of a Senate Joint Select Committee. Of course he would head it. McCain's call for a Watergate-style select committee is also rooted in the premise that the Obama administration is guilty of covering up the details of what really happened in Benghazi -- an idea that was floated by then-Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney and has yet to be supported by any evidence.
McCain faces term limit on Senate Armed Services Committee. He was the ranking member, and extremely powerful post. The only ranking Republican spot available to him will be on the Indian Affairs Committee. Unless, that is, the Senate creates a brand-new select committee.
I see motive and opportunity here. How about you?
In todays news regarding McCain:
JOHN MCCAIN wrote:
<quoted text>
Sen. John McCain continued his criticism of the White House's handling of the Sept. 11 attacks in Benghazi, Libya, calling for a select committee to investigate what he called the Obama administration's "cover-up."
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/mccain-ben...

Add to that Rand Pauls comments:

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul wrote Friday that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton “should never hold high office again”

Political Witch-Hunt. That's what the Republicans are running here regarding Benghazi.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Every state has "loser pays".
Politicians and lobbyists like to pretend "loser pays" doesn't exist - but is has existed for decades.
it's called "offer of judgment", or "demand for judgment", or "proposal for settlement".
In Florida it's codified as Section 768.79.
In Georgia it's codified as O.C.G.A.£ 9-11-68.
In the event either party in a lawsuit make such an offer at any time in a lawsuit, even at the very beginning, If that party wins - the loser pays all your attorney's fees and costs.
That's why often an Offer of Judgment is filed at the start of every lawsuit by both sides.
As to costs, most states have statutes that automatically make the loser pay the winner's costs.
Of course politicians and lobbyists will never tell you about that.
You get to learn that when you show up at an attorney's office and are told to be prepared to pay all the other sides fees and costs.
Not exactly the rest of the story. A Paul Harvey you're not.
And the rest of the story BO didn't tell you.
OCGA 9-11-68 B, 1 & 2.
(1) If a defendant makes an offer of settlement which is rejected by the plaintiff, the defendant shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney's fees and expenses of litigation incurred by the defendant or on the defendant's behalf from the date of the rejection of the offer of settlement through the entry of judgment if the final judgment is one of no liability or the final judgment obtained by the plaintiff is less than 75 percent of such offer of settlement.
(2) If a plaintiff makes an offer of settlement which is rejected by the defendant and the plaintiff recovers a final judgment in an amount greater than 125 percent of such offer of settlement, the plaintiff shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney's fees and expenses of litigation incurred by the plaintiff or on the plaintiff's behalf from the date of the rejection of the offer of settlement through the entry of judgment.
Section D.
(1) The court shall order the payment of attorney's fees and expenses of litigation upon receipt of proof that the judgment is one to which the provisions of either paragraph (1) or paragraph (2) of subsection (b) of this Code section apply; provided, however, that if an appeal is taken from such judgment, the court shall order payment of such attorney's fees and expenses of litigation only upon remittitur affirming such judgment.
(2) If a party is entitled to costs and fees pursuant to the provisions of this Code section, the court may determine that an offer was not made in good faith in an order setting forth the basis for such a determination. In such case, the court may disallow an award of attorney's fees and costs.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

columbus native wrote:
Question? Why would this republican state nor any state turn down 8 billion dollars in medicaid money because it comes from "The Government"? That money will just go next door to another willing state. Now republicans military bases are also "Government Money" and like Ft Benning all win by expansion. Hypocrittical or not? Money for healthcare or money for the military? Whats the difference repubs?

It's too complicated for you to understand, that's why you're asking the questions.
Try getting an answer from some of your liberaces friends, bet you won't.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
REPUBLICANS ARE SO PREDICTABLE
I said this in response to Aggies Benghazi Fever:
<quoted text>
In todays news regarding McCain:
<quoted text>
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/mccain-ben...
Add to that Rand Pauls comments:
Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul wrote Friday that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton “should never hold high office again”
Political Witch-Hunt. That's what the Republicans are running here regarding Benghazi.

Won't be the first witch hunt in D.C. Won't be the last one either. Seems the witches are always the folks from the other party, whether democraps or repubs.
Are you really that ignorant?
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
To Aggie:

sometimes it's just fun to throw bull paddies at him, he considers it a mating ritual.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Those last 3 posts are just pure uselessness.

At this point I think you're just typing to keep your fingers busy in an attempt to reduce your chronic urges to practice onanism.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Senator Jim Inhofe has proposed Obama's impeachment over the "most egregious cover-up in American history." Speaking on the Rusty Humphries Show, he said "we may be starting to use the I-word before too long."

"The I-word meaning impeachment?" Humphries clarified. "Yeah," said Inhofe.

But it's purely out of concern for a memo, isn't it? Of course it's not political.

"Inhofe added that it likely wouldn't happen until after the 2014 midterm elections."

Political Witch-Hunt.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

In case you aren't familiar with Inhofe - Here are few wiki excerpts:

nhofe, former chairman of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, does not believe that human activities cause climate change.[32] In The Republican War on Science, Chris Mooney stated that Inhofe "politicizes and misuses the science of climate change".[33] On the other hand, Inhofe's view on climate change have been praised by Australian geophysicist and climate change skeptic Bob Carter, who says that Inhofe "has been instrumental in making sure that some of the other side of the story on climate change remains in the public domain."[34]

Inhofe often repeats his claim that human influenced climate change is a hoax and impossible because “God’s still up there.” and that it is “outrageous” and arrogant for people to believe human beings are “able to change what He is doing in the climate.”[35]

----------

Inhofe wrote the Inhofe Amendment to the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006, which was debated in Congress in May 2006. The amendment would make English the national language of the United States and require that new citizens take an English proficiency test.

----------

Inhofe has generally been seen as overtly hostile by LGBT advocacy groups, earning a 0% in every one of his terms on Human Rights Campaign's position scorecard.[65] Inhofe is in favor of a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage, against adding sexual orientation to the definition of hate crimes, and voted against prohibiting job discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.[66] Inhofe’s office has said he “does not hire openly gay staffers due to the possibility of a conflict of agenda.”

You read that right. He belives beating up gays is ok.
----------

On October 21, 2010, at the age of 75, Inhofe landed his Cessna on a closed runway at a south Texas airport, scattering construction workers who ran for their lives. In a recorded telephone call, the men's supervisor told the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) that Inhofe "scared the crap out of" workers, adding that the Cessna "damn near hit" a truck. And the airport manager, also speaking to the FAA in a recorded telephone call, opined,“I’ve got over 50 years flying, three tours of Vietnam, and I can assure you I have never seen such a reckless disregard for human life in my life. Something needs to be done. This guy is famous for these violations.”[78]

----------

Taxpayer-funded travel

Inhofe has made multiple foreign trips, especially to Africa, on missions that he described as "a Jesus thing" and that were paid for by the U.S. government. He has used these trips for activities on behalf of The Fellowship, a Christian organization.[81] Inhofe has said that his trips included some governmental work but also involved "the political philosophy of Jesus, something that had been put together by Doug Coe, the leader of The Fellowship...It's all scripturally based." Inhofe used his access as a Senator to pursue religious goals.[82]

----------

Yep. Republicans put this man in office. Voting is serious business - it affects HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of human lives.

Republicans seriously need to be ashamed of their actions every time they pull a voting lever for people like this. It's just irresponsible and reckless.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Today John McCain said:

"With all due respect, I think this is a serious issue," he said. "I will even give the president the benefit of the doubt on some of these things.[But] WE NEED A SELECT COMMITTEE."

Wrong, Mr. McCain - YOU need a select committee.
OMTE

Helena, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
To Aggie:
I bet Aggie's a MILF. Happy mother days to all you beautiful women. You are Gods greatest creation. I love you all.
OMTE

Helena, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

danger zone wrote:
Please, let's stop the picking & poking about gays. It seems you do this purposefully. Yes, God loves sweet, honest, loving gay people, more than homophobes and Kansas Westboro Church members. Does that answer your question? We haven't spoken of gays for awhile, please let it rest on this Mother's Day Sunday.
You think loves dookie mouth queers MORE..... Really??? We try not to even speak of queers at the Nazarene Church in Fitzgerald. It's more of an don't ask don't tell, but everyone's welcome or they were when I went. We want everyone to hear the word of Christ. That's it for the day. I lay off of you queers for today, because it's not your Mama's fault your nasty and this is her day. Happy Mothers Day. I wish my mother was Mama was here, but she died in a car wreck 13 years ago. Peaceout.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

I've seen a few new signs out today.

BROUN 2014
repubsaredumb

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

General Robert E Lee wrote:
I've seen a few new signs out today.
BROUN 2014
Why do you hate America?
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
In case you aren't familiar with Inhofe - Here are few wiki excerpts:
nhofe, former chairman of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, does not believe that human activities cause climate change.[32] In The Republican War on Science, Chris Mooney stated that Inhofe "politicizes and misuses the science of climate change".[33] On the other hand, Inhofe's view on climate change have been praised by Australian geophysicist and climate change skeptic Bob Carter, who says that Inhofe "has been instrumental in making sure that some of the other side of the story on climate change remains in the public domain."[34]
Inhofe often repeats his claim that human influenced climate change is a hoax and impossible because “God’s still up there.” and that it is “outrageous” and arrogant for people to believe human beings are “able to change what He is doing in the climate.”[35]
----------
Inhofe wrote the Inhofe Amendment to the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006, which was debated in Congress in May 2006. The amendment would make English the national language of the United States and require that new citizens take an English proficiency test.
----------
Inhofe has generally been seen as overtly hostile by LGBT advocacy groups, earning a 0% in every one of his terms on Human Rights Campaign's position scorecard.[65] Inhofe is in favor of a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage, against adding sexual orientation to the definition of hate crimes, and voted against prohibiting job discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.[66] Inhofe’s office has said he “does not hire openly gay staffers due to the possibility of a conflict of agenda.”
You read that right. He belives beating up gays is ok.
----------
On October 21, 2010, at the age of 75, Inhofe landed his Cessna on a closed runway at a south Texas airport, scattering construction workers who ran for their lives. In a recorded telephone call, the men's supervisor told the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) that Inhofe "scared the crap out of" workers, adding that the Cessna "damn near hit" a truck. And the airport manager, also speaking to the FAA in a recorded telephone call, opined,“I’ve got over 50 years flying, three tours of Vietnam, and I can assure you I have never seen such a reckless disregard for human life in my life. Something needs to be done. This guy is famous for these violations.”[78]
----------
Taxpayer-funded travel
Inhofe has made multiple foreign trips, especially to Africa, on missions that he described as "a Jesus thing" and that were paid for by the U.S. government. He has used these trips for activities on behalf of The Fellowship, a Christian organization.[81] Inhofe has said that his trips included some governmental work but also involved "the political philosophy of Jesus, something that had been put together by Doug Coe, the leader of The Fellowship...It's all scripturally based." Inhofe used his access as a Senator to pursue religious goals.[82]
----------
Yep. Republicans put this man in office. Voting is serious business - it affects HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of human lives.
Republicans seriously need to be ashamed of their actions every time they pull a voting lever for people like this. It's just irresponsible and reckless.

Talk about a USELESS post.
Typical GALL for a liberace to expect conservatives to vote for their libturd friends.
Can't get more useless than this post.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

"Former US Ambassador Pickering says Hillary Clinton was not questioned at length after Benghazi attack because it was clear 'responsibility rested' with those below the then-secretary of state's level, as Republicans predict more whistle-blowers will come forward."

So the investigators of the investigation committee gave Hillary a pass and passed the buck to those below Hillllllarrryyyyyy.

Always the way of those in charge, insulate yourself and others in charge. Nothing new here, washington at it's finest or lowest.

And not a word from the liberaces.

repubsaredumb

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about a USELESS post.
Typical GALL for a liberace to expect conservatives to vote for their libturd friends.
Can't get more useless than this post.
It seems to upset you when pure facts are presented about your Republican leaders.

I can see why. No "spin" or "propaganda" required, they are laughable all on their own.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Kingsland Forum right now

Search the Kingsland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which pest control? 7 hr Church Lady 12
Hardcases at B&B Custom Hardscapes 7 hr Church Lady 36
Seeking a mechanic 10 hr NomadHeart 12
Today Mon Jay Moreno 6
kingsland adventure park Sun screw Julian 74
Residential car lots Sun Milly 97
Can the President be recalled? (Jul '09) Jul 22 joker 37
•••
•••