|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
That pretty well destroys any shred of scientific credibility to Boreds link, besides being extremely informative.

Hey Stumpy, it dont take much to impress you.

I'm going to put myself on trial here on topix. I will be calling witnesses. The trial will consist of whether or not I think man is involved or responsible for the present climate changing. The trial will also focus on how many can tell truth from fiction. Sort of like "Ripleys believe it or not."

I will call as my first witness OMTE, mainly because he dont say much.

I will not be calling IO, as we dont need any long tirades of the sky is falling and it's all the conservatives fault. Nor will I be calling Oh my as we dont need any long cut and paste in the transcript.

I will call ChickenButt(he does have a sense of humor), Aggie, BigDave, Columbus native, and any other volunteer who wants to be a part of the trial testimony.

My first question is to OMTE. Did I, or did I not, acknowledge man does have a hand in global warming?

Second question. Did I or did I not make a statement similar to this, "Many factors affect global climate change, including wind currents, water participation, ocean currents and temperatures, and numerous other natural conditions."??

Did I or did I not use biased websites to support my post? Did others use said same type biased websites to report their rebuttals?

Did I or did I not use the IPPC website as source also?

other questions will follow if needed.

Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The Miller Country Liberal - Where all the hard-hitting news is reported first - NOT!
What you've said here is actually in the OPINION section of the news paper. It is submitted by a reader.
The first line of the article is "IF THIS IS ONLY HALF TRUE, we are in real trouble."
GET IT? It's NOT NEWS!! It's someone running their mouth and making stuff up!!!
Why can't you people distinguish between the two? It's mind-boggling!!! I really feel sorry for some of you -

Sort of like this opinion piece.
Informed Opinion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>You really do have a problem understanding the written word don't you? There is no mention of self-insured at all. This is another way to put money aside to cover things insurance doesn't. But, go ahead, keep displaying your ignorance - it isn't the first time and I am confident it will not be the last. This is one thing you should have no problem with, an opportunity for those in the middle class to keep a little more of their money and try to get ahead.

But I guess you have been showing your true colors all along and I just missed it. You are so bitter towards and envious of those you declare to be "rich" that you would rather hurt the middle class then take the chance that some "rich" person somewhere might save a little money too. Damned if you'll let Mr and Mrs Joe Smith be able to save enough money that Suzie can get braces or Joey can go to that special needs school - Mr "Rich Guy" might save some tax money too - can't have that, no matter how many working families will be hurt in the process. Okay, we get it now, thanks for clarifying your position.
Now don't worry.

You and the rest of the Right Wing parasites can still get free medical care by showing up at a hospital and demanding care.

We normal Americans won't allow you to be turned away because you were to greedy or selfish or stupid and refused to buy medical insurance; but, we will be requiring you to support yourself in the near future, as painful as Right Wingers find that to be.

It'll be OK

Just pretend you'd a grown up.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will also try to pay for your wars and tax breaks you enjoy - because someone has to be the adult.

Stay safe - it costs those of his responsible adults a fortune when the children get hurt, old, or a sick.
domino

Jonesboro, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The Miller Country Liberal - Where all the hard-hitting news is reported first - NOT!
What you've said here is actually in the OPINION section of the news paper. It is submitted by a reader.
The first line of the article is "IF THIS IS ONLY HALF TRUE, we are in real trouble."
GET IT? It's NOT NEWS!! It's someone running their mouth and making stuff up!!!
Why can't you people distinguish between the two? It's mind-boggling!!! I really feel sorry for some of you -
Well since you know everything, "NOT," Why dont you put forth the effort and google it further. As usual you took the beginning out of context. It is true. You Dems just cant face the truth! That has actually been on the news.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

domino wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since you know everything, "NOT," Why dont you put forth the effort and google it further. As usual you took the beginning out of context.
I went to the source YOU quoted. Sure enough it's an OPINION piece.
domino wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true....That has actually been on the news.
No, it hasn't. Snopes debunks this completely.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/2012fra...
domino wrote:
<quoted text>
You Dems just cant face the truth!
I'd say the right-wingers around here are the ones with a truth-problem. They just can't quit their addiction to made-up news and propaganda.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Now don't worry.
You and the rest of the Right Wing parasites can still get free medical care by showing up at a hospital and demanding care.
We normal Americans won't allow you to be turned away because you were to greedy or selfish or stupid and refused to buy medical insurance; but, we will be requiring you to support yourself in the near future, as painful as Right Wingers find that to be.
It'll be OK
Just pretend you'd a grown up.
Meanwhile, the rest of us will also try to pay for your wars and tax breaks you enjoy - because someone has to be the adult.
Stay safe - it costs those of his responsible adults a fortune when the children get hurt, old, or a sick.
Here Mr Straw Man, I'd like you to meet one of your biggest fans - Informed Opinion. Yes, I know, the user name is rather ironic. We've gotten quite a chuckle over it on here. Anyway, as you can see from his previous posts, he has proven by his own words that he would rather see the Flexible Spending Accounts program diminished rather than risk the possibility that a "rich" person might perhaps derive some small benefit from it. Yes,, I know, the program was designed to help families save pre-tax money for medical, dental or other dependent care for their children or senior parents that isn't covered by their insurance. Yes, I know there are a great deal of restrictions placed on who can qualify and what expenses can be reimbursed through it. But that doesn't matter to him. But this is where you come in. You see, instead of just admitting what his own posts have shown, he is using you to claim that "the rich" don't want to buy medical insurance at all and want to use FSA's instead to both avoid having to pay for insurance and avoid paying taxes. Yes, we all know it is a, we'll be kind here, foolish argument. But he keeps making it. He has this obsession about "the rich" not paying enough taxes. What's that you asked? Oh, yes, he's been told too many times to count how the "rich" pay the lion's share of taxes, but it just doesn't matter. I just thought you might like to meet one of your biggest fans.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Domino - I have to ask: Don't you feel a little betrayed by the media that you read? Don't you feel a little like a fool for buying into pure fabricated lies?

When will you people give up the habit of repeating every bit of propaganda you hear? It's quite literally making you look stupid. That's got to be annoying.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here Mr Straw Man, I'd like you to meet one of your biggest fans - Informed Opinion. Yes, I know, the user name is rather ironic. We've gotten quite a chuckle over it on here. Anyway, as you can see from his previous posts, he has proven by his own words that he would rather see the Flexible Spending Accounts program diminished rather than risk the possibility that a "rich" person might perhaps derive some small benefit from it. Yes,, I know, the program was designed to help families save pre-tax money for medical, dental or other dependent care for their children or senior parents that isn't covered by their insurance. Yes, I know there are a great deal of restrictions placed on who can qualify and what expenses can be reimbursed through it. But that doesn't matter to him. But this is where you come in. You see, instead of just admitting what his own posts have shown, he is using you to claim that "the rich" don't want to buy medical insurance at all and want to use FSA's instead to both avoid having to pay for insurance and avoid paying taxes. Yes, we all know it is a, we'll be kind here, foolish argument. But he keeps making it. He has this obsession about "the rich" not paying enough taxes. What's that you asked? Oh, yes, he's been told too many times to count how the "rich" pay the lion's share of taxes, but it just doesn't matter. I just thought you might like to meet one of your biggest fans.
Paragraphs. They're your friend.

Get that down and we might try to move on towards logic and reasoning.
Informed Opinion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Sometimes the greatest wisdom comes from our American humorists - from Mark Twain to Will Rogers to Jon Stewart to Stephen Colbert.

As Stephen Colbert opined at the White House Correspondent's Dinner:

"Reality has a well known liberal bias."

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

domino wrote:
Obama won in every state that did not require aphoto id and lost in EVERY STATE that did require a photo id in order to vote....Imagine That! He got 247,713 votes in St. Lucie County, Florida where there were only 175,574 eligible voters. Hmmmm! Theres no wonder all these investigations are currently going on.
Complete fabrication (or bullsh*t)..those right winged viral emails will get you every time.

http://www.factcheck.org/2013/01/voting-consp...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Paragraphs. They're your friend.
Get that down and we might try to move on towards logic and reasoning.
I'm afraid Logic and Reason would take one look at your posts and say "away from me, I never knew you."
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid Logic and Reason would take one look at your posts and say "away from me, I never knew you."
Anything over one sentence in a paragraph creates havoc in their comprehension.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Gotta post and run, but I am seeing a parallel right now between Benghazi and the Boston bombing. After Benghazi, the White House, before we the public had any information at all, was immediately out there proclaiming it was the result of a video that virtually no one saw. Of course, now we know the White House knew from the beginning that was a lie - they "watched" the attack in real time (well, Obama didn't, he went to bed), but they still went with that cover story.
Now we have the White House and Obama in his press briefing pushing hard the idea of these "self radicalized" terrorists. How many times did Obama use that term yesterday? Why, once again, when the investigation has a long way to go, is he so intent of getting the idea out there that there is no bigger group that had anything to do with this, that the brothers "obviously" had no ties to any group? Wouldn't the prudent thing be simply to say "the investigation is ongoing" rather than try and put a conclusion out there instead.
And at the same time he is proclaiming the brothers had no outside connections, he claims he has "no knowledge" of any Benghazi survivors who want to testify but are being prevented from doing so by the State Dept. Really, Mr President, how can you not know that there have been Freedom of Information Act requests made for months, along with requests from House Committee members asking for those individuals to be allowed to testify?
Informed Opinion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
Gotta post and run, but I am seeing a parallel right now between Benghazi and the Boston bombing. After Benghazi, the White House, before we the public had any information at all, was immediately out there proclaiming it was the result of a video that virtually no one saw. Of course, now we know the White House knew from the beginning that was a lie - they "watched" the attack in real time (well, Obama didn't, he went to bed), but they still went with that cover story.
Now we have the White House and Obama in his press briefing pushing hard the idea of these "self radicalized" terrorists. How many times did Obama use that term yesterday? Why, once again, when the investigation has a long way to go, is he so intent of getting the idea out there that there is no bigger group that had anything to do with this, that the brothers "obviously" had no ties to any group? Wouldn't the prudent thing be simply to say "the investigation is ongoing" rather than try and put a conclusion out there instead.
And at the same time he is proclaiming the brothers had no outside connections, he claims he has "no knowledge" of any Benghazi survivors who want to testify but are being prevented from doing so by the State Dept. Really, Mr President, how can you not know that there have been Freedom of Information Act requests made for months, along with requests from House Committee members asking for those individuals to be allowed to testify?
Please. When we hear the outrage over Bush and 3,000 dead American civilians in New York City - we'll think Right Wingers actually give a damn about 3 government employees in some hellhole far away from American shores.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Please. When we hear the outrage over Bush and 3,000 dead American civilians in New York City - we'll think Right Wingers actually give a damn about 3 government employees in some hellhole far away from American shores.

Blinders binders doeth create a dazzled fazzle.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
A blogging website, skepticalscience is sort of like topix.
"Skeptical Science is a climate alarmist website created by a self-employed cartoonist, John Cook. It is moderated by zealots who ruthlessly censor any and all form of dissent from their alarmist position. This way they can pretend to win arguments, when in reality they have all been refuted. The abuse and censorship does not pertain to simply any dissenting commentator there but to highly credentialed and respected climate scientists as well; Dr. Pielke Sr. has unsuccessfully attempted to engage in discussions there only to be childishly taunted and censored while Dr. Michaels has been dishonestly quoted and smeared. The irony of the site's oxymoronic name "Skeptical Science" is that the site is not skeptical of even the most extreme alarmist positions."
http://www.populartechnology.net/2012/03/trut...
Here is the article I referenced...

Lessons from Past Climate Predictions: Syun-Ichi Akasofu
Posted on 7 July 2011 by dana198
http://www.skepticalscience.com/lessons-from-...

This article is not written by John Cook, there are over 60 comments to the article, one of the controversies mentioned in your reference does not pertain to the this article, but does invovle the author of this article. Your reference involves a number of different situations and I don't have the time to track down every aspect of each situation to determine who was wronged and why and to what degree.

After looking at the internal links in your reference I see charges and counter-charges, some overblown hyperbole and indignation on both sides of each controversy. If all of this is enough for you to discount my reference then there is little I can do or show to change your position.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
You're criticizing Obama for telling the American Public what they think at this time?

You're slow. Stella Tremblay has already jumped to the end game where she blames Obama for setting the bombs. Where did she get her info? From Alex Jones, of course.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/23/new-ham...

Can you guys even begin to see why America is sick of Republicans?
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Ha-ha-HA.
Obama has screwed the libtards again. Ha-ha-ha

"President Obama is expected to nominate Tom Wheeler, veteran telecom industry exec and lobbyist to Chair the FCC."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Ha-ha-ha.
Another screw job for the libtards from Obama.

"Obama Nominates Top Bundler Commerce Secretary."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
Blinders binders doeth create a dazzled fazzle.
At least you're smarter than this guy.

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss90/Wettl...

That's something, I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Qualifiers for St Marys City Council 39 min Bobby 58
Real Estate Cartel In Charge 1 hr Just Sucking Alon... 1
10 Acts of Jihad in America That Americans Have... 1 hr Fiddle Sticks 11
Nutter prefers Whales to new business 1 hr Bobby 1
Why is the paper picking on Kingslands Mayor 13 hr Hugh 28
Who is new Fire Chief Tue LOL 3
K Mart Tue Bystander 7
•••
•••
•••