|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Confusion Batman...
But hey, according to some, I'm not a Christian, and this may bore you, or you may prefer that it be paraphased, and apparently this will need correction, but I choose to post it anyway.
Matthew 6
“Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Render_unto_Caes... ...
"Render unto Caesar" is the beginning of a phrase attributed to Jesus in the synoptic gospels, which reads in full, "Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"[Matthew 22:21]
This phrase has become a widely quoted summary of the relationship between Christianity and secular authority. The original message, coming in response to a question of whether it was lawful for Jews to pay taxes to Caesar, gives rise to multiple possible interpretations about the circumstances under which it is desirable for the Christian to submit to earthly authority.....
You really should have thought these quotations through before posting them. It is the Democrats who "practice their righteousness" in public by proclaiming how much they want to help the poor (by forcing other people to pay for programs that they believe only hurt the recipients) while in private Democrats take every deduction possible in order to limit their personal tax liability while donating far less to charity with their OWN money. It is Democrats who have received their "reward in full" by buying the votes of the less fortunate, who have become so dependent on government that they think that is the only way to live.
It is you on the Left that keep trying to twist the Gospel in order to claim that Jesus would be a Liberal.
(Yes, he would so be in favor of the "infant sacrifice" Planned Parenthood pushes.) We on the right are not "trumpeting" anything, just refuting your ridiculous claims that somehow forcing Peter to pay for Paul is somehow virtuous. Meanwhile, Republicans continue to donate to the less fortunate without any fanfare until forced to refute the claims by the Left that they are "greedy" and "don't care about the poor and the children". Claims made by people whose principle concern where the poor are concerned is that they keep pulling that "D" lever.
The whole "should we pay Rome taxes" question was an attempt to "trip Jesus up" by the Pharisees, if Jesus said "yes" that was likely to infuriate the general public who wanted to see the Roman occupation overthrown, if Jesus said "no", then he would be seen as questioning Roman authority and could be accused by the Roman authorities of inciting rebellion. Jesus response was simply that one should fulfill both their civic obligations AND their obligations to God. In which case, I'd say the Republicans do a far better job of fulfilling those commands than do the Democrats. We pay our legally obligated taxes AND we donate to charities.
And do you really think you want to compare our democratically elected government to a government of Roman occupation?
Informed Opinion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>Man, you really are hung up on the subject of homosexuality and here you are widening the field. Can you please move on to another subject.
That's a question to ask yourself and "Bored".

You all keep bringing up homosexuality and we Moderates and Progressives keep telling you to stop being fixated on sex;

The you claim as "Christians" must condemn homosexuals - so we Moderates and Progressives prove you don't;

And now, after having had the Right Wing hatred and fear arguments crushed by rational thought and facts, comes the Right Wing surrender cry "never mind".

Kinda like after 8 years of Bush and the Right Wing Wackos in charge - all they can say is "Never Mind".
get it right

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Confusion Batman...
But hey, according to some, I'm not a Christian, and this may bore you, or you may prefer that it be paraphased, and apparently this will need correction, but I choose to post it anyway.
Matthew 6
“Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Render_unto_Caes... ...
"Render unto Caesar" is the beginning of a phrase attributed to Jesus in the synoptic gospels, which reads in full, "Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"[Matthew 22:21]
This phrase has become a widely quoted summary of the relationship between Christianity and secular authority. The original message, coming in response to a question of whether it was lawful for Jews to pay taxes to Caesar, gives rise to multiple possible interpretations about the circumstances under which it is desirable for the Christian to submit to earthly authority.....
So when the earthly authority says you should lie about your neighbor, who do you suggest we obey?
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
lol Duck and dodge. You know EXACTLY what I am talking about. Read a couple of previous pages in regard to your 'usual' reply.
Yet ANOTHER classic Synergy variation of "I know you are but what am I?".

ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>

Kinda like after 8 years of Bush and the Right Wing Wackos in charge - all they can say is "Never Mind".
LOL! Even Spin-Meister Supreme KKKarl Rove has a hard time defending the Bush years.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
You all keep bringing up homosexuality and we Moderates and Progressives keep telling you to stop being fixated on sex;
The you claim as "Christians" must condemn homosexuals - so we Moderates and Progressives prove you don't;
And now, after having had the Right Wing hatred and fear arguments crushed by rational thought and facts, comes the Right Wing surrender cry "never mind".
Please point out any post of mine that has discussed homosexuality, before the one you are responding to (in which I mentioned the topic, nothing more).......good luck.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Even Spin-Meister Supreme KKKarl Rove has a hard time defending the Bush years.
Typical Leftist - no real information, but never miss any opportunity to try and smear a Republican with the racist label - "KKK". But, hey, we're not the party that kept electing back to national office (from the 1950's through 2010) a man who was a 'Grand Kleagle' and "Exalted Cyclops" of the KKK - that purveyor of pork - Robert Byrd - the man who not only voted against both African American nominees to the Supreme Court but who also voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 - the same act that Al Gore, Sr voted against and that was supported by 80% of the Republicans in office, but only by 63% of the Democrats in office.
Informed Opinion

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep bringing up homosexuality and we Progressives keep telling you to stop being fixated on sex;
Then you claim as "Christians" must condemn homosexuality like any other sinful behavior; loving the sinner yet hating the sin- so you prove that we Progressives are completely lying about really wanting to help people. We would rather have them as slaves to sin than to live in the freedom guaranteed by the Lord should we turn to Him and be healed.
And now, after having had the left Wing hatred and fear arguments crushed by love,rational thought and facts, comes the left Wing surrender cry "never mind".
Kinda like after the years of Obama and the left Wing Wackos in charge - all we can say is "Never Mind", it's all Bushies fault. We never were much good where truth is concerned.
Thap's what I meant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

This is getting truly unseemly. The Bible is the inspired Word of God, not a weapon to be used by each side while trying to score points against the other. Can we please just stop.
also

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
This is getting truly unseemly. The Bible is the inspired Word of God, not a weapon to be used by each side while trying to score points against the other. Can we please just stop.
it is also a double edged sword.
Informed Opinion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Bored wrote:
<quoted text>I think he's afraid to come out of the closet. I told him this topix is a closet, but fear has overcomed him.
Ah...

Having been completely embarrassed when your Right Wing obsession with sex and hatred of gays exposed, and your Anti-Christian positions revealed,

The Right Winger falls back on the typical childish attacks, which, as usual are related to their repressed homosexual tendencies.

It's just a shame emotionally secure and intellectually gifted Right Winger aren't around to debate.

Damn. That's right ... There aren't any.

By the way, I'm a black gay lesbian with 7 illegitimate kids, all of us on welfare - I'm the very person Jesus said you had to love feed clothe and house.

Oh wait ... Jesus was a "Libtard"
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep bringing up homosexuality and we Progressives keep telling you to stop being fixated on sex;
You were crushed by the Bible itself. Your lack of knowledge put you in the trap. It just happened to be about homosexuality because those were the verses YOU were using.

Spin it any way you want, it's obvious to me and many others you were the first to use Bible verse to try and prove a point, mainly because you dont any legs to stand on in any of your arguments.

Whether homosexuality, abortion, charity, Christian love, love of country, or even your knowledge of Chesty, you are 180 degrees away from conservatives and will never understand the concepts of conservatism.

While we conservatives understand too well the libtards agenda of government control over the people by making the people dependent on government for our livelihood. We conservatives know the real reason for government and it's not to be a nanny to the people nor is it to replace God.

columbus native

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Libs Libtards funny how these republicanturds think everyone who is not part of their circus is a liberal. Well truth is come election time republicans plus some independents against democrats,independents and most everyone non-republican. Most folks have become fed-up with trickle down republican propaganda that made a few wealthy and the rest of us poor. Most who don't vote republican are hard-working sincere people who are middle of the road political thinkers who will be calling the election shots from now on. Republicans have become the eyesores that most are tired of and won't support.
Oh My Oh My

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah...
Having been completely embarrassed when your Right Wing obsession with sex and hatred of gays exposed, and your Anti-Christian positions revealed,
The Right Winger falls back on the typical childish attacks, which, as usual are related to their repressed homosexual tendencies.
It's just a shame emotionally secure and intellectually gifted Right Winger aren't around to debate.
By the way, I'm a black gay lesbian with 7 illegitimate kids, all of us on welfare - I'm the very person Jesus said you had to love feed clothe and house.
Oh wait ... Jesus was a "Libtard"
Your post is not Christian in any way shape or form. Many may be unkind, but itis the practice that is hated not the person. Stop lying about the teachings of the church.
Informed Opinion

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah...
Having been completely embarrassed when your conservative concern for the well being of others exposed, and the progressive's Anti-Christian positions revealed,
The left Winger falls back on the typical childish attacks, which, as usual are related to our repressed narcisistic tendencies.
It's just a shame emotionally secure and intellectually gifted left Winger aren't around to debate.
By the way, I'm a black gay lesbian with 7 illegitimate kids, all of us on welfare -
I'm the very person Jesus said you should to love, feed, clothe,house and admonish..
Oh wait ... Jesus is Lord and Savior.
What I meant to say.
columbus native

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

columbus native wrote:
I am a Libtard. I think it funny how these conservatives know everyone who is not part of their mindset is a liberal. Well that is the truth. Election-fixing time; conservatives plus some independents against progressives, most of whom live off of government hand-outs. Most folks have become fed-up with trickle down republican propaganda that made many wealthy and the rest of us needing more poor to fit our adgenda. Most who vote republican are hard-working sincere people who are middle of the road political thinkers who will be calling the election shots from now on. Progressives have become the eyesores that most are tired of and won't support.
That's what I meant to say.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
You were crushed by the Bible itself. Your lack of knowledge put you in the trap. It just happened to be about homosexuality because those were the verses YOU were using.
Spin it any way you want, it's obvious to me and many others you were the first to use Bible verse to try and prove a point, mainly because you dont any legs to stand on in any of your arguments.
Whether homosexuality, abortion, charity, Christian love, love of country, or even your knowledge of Chesty, you are 180 degrees away from conservatives and will never understand the concepts of conservatism.
While we conservatives understand too well the libtards agenda of government control over the people by making the people dependent on government for our livelihood. We conservatives know the real reason for government and it's not to be a nanny to the people nor is it to replace God.
Well stated, especially the last. Thanks.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
We've already covered this. The bible is NOT the word of God. It was written by men, changed many times, altered to suit agendas of various groups. Stories were stolen from different cultures and religions, and modified for the times.

NOT the word of God. This is a fact.
Aggie23 wrote:
not a weapon to be used by each side while trying to score points against the other. Can we please just stop.
Gotta agree with this.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
We conservatives know the real reason for government and it's not to be a nanny to the people nor is it to replace God.
In case anybody is reading this crap from Bored, please go back and read post 6880 on page 324 of this thread.

That's the classic post where he claims Bush handed Obama a pristine economy.
Bored wrote:
"Didn't 8 years of Republican Policy hand over a pristine unemployment situation to Obama right when he entered office?"

Yes.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
You really should have thought these quotations through before posting them. It is the Democrats who "practice their righteousness" in public by proclaiming how much they want to help the poor (by forcing other people to pay for programs that they believe only hurt the recipients) while in private Democrats take every deduction possible in order to limit their personal tax liability while donating far less to charity with their OWN money. It is Democrats who have received their "reward in full" by buying the votes of the less fortunate, who have become so dependent on government that they think that is the only way to live.
It is you on the Left that keep trying to twist the Gospel in order to claim that Jesus would be a Liberal.
(Yes, he would so be in favor of the "infant sacrifice" Planned Parenthood pushes.) We on the right are not "trumpeting" anything, just refuting your ridiculous claims that somehow forcing Peter to pay for Paul is somehow virtuous. Meanwhile, Republicans continue to donate to the less fortunate without any fanfare until forced to refute the claims by the Left that they are "greedy" and "don't care about the poor and the children". Claims made by people whose principle concern where the poor are concerned is that they keep pulling that "D" lever.
The whole "should we pay Rome taxes" question was an attempt to "trip Jesus up" by the Pharisees, if Jesus said "yes" that was likely to infuriate the general public who wanted to see the Roman occupation overthrown, if Jesus said "no", then he would be seen as questioning Roman authority and could be accused by the Roman authorities of inciting rebellion. Jesus response was simply that one should fulfill both their civic obligations AND their obligations to God. In which case, I'd say the Republicans do a far better job of fulfilling those commands than do the Democrats. We pay our legally obligated taxes AND we donate to charities.
And do you really think you want to compare our democratically elected government to a government of Roman occupation?
Holy Smoke and Mirrors Batman, this must explain why there's a church on every corner, and when Christians get tired of hating non-Christians they starting hating on each other.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Kingsland Forum right now

Search the Kingsland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Gov. Rick Perry charged w/2 felony counts 9 min LonePalm 2
Why is the paper picking on Kingslands Mayor 6 hr punt the ball 19
Dog park or dog playgroup in Kingsland/ St Mary's (Apr '10) Tue Hope 33
Residential car lots Mon Bob 106
Does anyone know Gary Bachhofer (Sep '13) Mon Annon 6
Mounsey vote no (Nov '11) Aug 15 Peter 13
Fall Festival at Kingsland First Baptist and Ki... (Oct '11) Aug 14 magnola 12
•••
•••