Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#4957 Mar 21, 2013
Glorya wrote:
Sinergy says, yes ... Big Dog says, no.
Well, I do like Synergy a whole lot more...
Let me think about it a minute or two.
I came so very, very close last night.
I'm right in there with ya, Glorya. I got 'cha back!:)

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#4958 Mar 21, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>with all due repects dave,I do not have enough info,at present,to make that determination.if you do,then please share it with me.
My thoughts are the people in charge. That would be this Administration. If it all continues into the next administration for several years, then I would blame them. No rocket science.
Remember What President Truman said. "The buck stops here". How true it is.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4959 Mar 21, 2013
Glorya wrote:
I like Jeb & Synergy, they make me smile.
Now if only Aggie, would loosen up just alittle, she's so darn serious ... we need to get her a job in the Situation Room. That is, if she could pass all those darn background checks. Imma thinking she could.
LOL

Douglasville, GA

#4960 Mar 21, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>That's why if the dems nominate Hillary well I guess I'll have to eat my words on not voting on the republican ticket ever again. I will never vote for a woman. Period.
I can't believe the women on Topix haven't eaten you alive for this post. I saw it but I just let it go as I knew you were going to catch hell for it, but that hasn't happened yet.
Personally I see no difference in not voting for a woman because she is a woman than not voting for a black guy just because he is black. Or not voting for a white person because they are white. That goes for any race of people. I vote for the person that I think is the best qualified and holds most closely to my views. That surely wouldn't by Hillary Clinton and that's for sure!
I don't know if you really feel the way about women as you posted or you are just trying to make the forum more interesting.
I feel if you truly feel that way that you are wrong, but that is your choice to make and live with.

Douglasville, GA

#4961 Mar 21, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
hey dave,maybe this will help.I received a phone call last pm from john barrows'(d-house of reps.)office wanting me to participate in a telephone town-hall type meeting where I can actually ask questions(I am not kiddin' about this,maybe some others on here have been contacted,too).I've never took part in anything like this,so I don't know exactly how it works.but if anyone has any suggestions about questions then let me know before 8 pm tonite.I don't know how I got involved unless it was because I was one of four people in this county that voted for the guy.
I have no idea of any of the problems or anything that is going on in your local area so I would have no way of knowing what one would ask.
Glorya

Decatur, GA

#4962 Mar 21, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm right in there with ya, Glorya. I got 'cha back!:)
Thanks, Synergy! Please forgive for those posts when I attacked you without reason(s). I'm blaming it on my friend, serving me ALL those mimosas. French champagne & freshly squeezed oj does it everytime ... I promise to leave my phone in the car next time.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#4963 Mar 21, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My thoughts are the people in charge. That would be this Administration. If it all continues into the next administration for several years, then I would blame them. No rocket science.
as for the last 4 plus yrs.-that may be true.but this bleeding and draining did not start with the current admin.
Glorya

Decatur, GA

#4964 Mar 21, 2013
That post sounded like I've already started with the mimosas, just delete that extra "for"... just thinking about them, I'm already craving one.:)
Maybe later.

Location hidden

#4965 Mar 21, 2013
Glorya wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Synergy! Please forgive for those posts when I attacked you without reason(s). I'm blaming it on my friend, serving me ALL those mimosas. French champagne & freshly squeezed oj does it everytime ... I promise to leave my phone in the car next time.
lol You are DEFINITELY having more fun than I am. NEVER pass up the chance for a great mimosa!!!!!

Location hidden

#4966 Mar 21, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe the women on Topix haven't eaten you alive for this post. I saw it but I just let it go as I knew you were going to catch hell for it, but that hasn't happened yet.
Personally I see no difference in not voting for a woman because she is a woman than not voting for a black guy just because he is black. Or not voting for a white person because they are white. That goes for any race of people. I vote for the person that I think is the best qualified and holds most closely to my views. That surely wouldn't by Hillary Clinton and that's for sure!
I don't know if you really feel the way about women as you posted or you are just trying to make the forum more interesting.
I feel if you truly feel that way that you are wrong, but that is your choice to make and live with.
We're circling our wagons!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#4967 Mar 21, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was kind of in "what's the point" mode.
Glorya

Decatur, GA

#4969 Mar 21, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
We're circling our wagons!!!!!!!
You are so right on!
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#4970 Mar 21, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for the plug for harry,i think he is the most underrated prez. ever.y'know I love triva,did you know that he was the last prez that did not have a college education.also,do you know what the "s" in harry s. Truman stands for?

Location hidden

#4971 Mar 21, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>thanks for the plug for harry,i think he is the most underrated prez. ever.y'know I love triva,did you know that he was the last prez that did not have a college education.also,do you know what the "s" in harry s. Truman stands for?
I don't think it stands for anything, just the letter. Or there may have been something about two grandfathers whose names both started with "S".
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#4972 Mar 21, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it stands for anything, just the letter. Or there may have been something about two grandfathers whose names both started with "S".
correct,it stands for nothing(except the letter s )apparently,in the era when he was born,it was sorta common to just use a letter for a middle name.suprised a republican would know that.

Location hidden

#4973 Mar 21, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>correct,it stands for nothing(except the letter s )apparently,in the era when he was born,it was sorta common to just use a letter for a middle name.suprised a republican would know that.
Oh, there were definitely things about Truman I admire. Probably my favorite was completely unpolitical. I don't remember details, but something about his daughter performing somewhere and a newspaper critic wrote something very unflattering about the performance and Truman went off and basically threatened the guy. Mature, no. Unpresidential, yes. But I like the papa bear protecting his baby girl attitude personally.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#4974 Mar 21, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, there were definitely things about Truman I admire. Probably my favorite was completely unpolitical. I don't remember details, but something about his daughter performing somewhere and a newspaper critic wrote something very unflattering about the performance and Truman went off and basically threatened the guy. Mature, no. Unpresidential, yes. But I like the papa bear protecting his baby girl attitude personally.
yes,and let's not forget that he the guts to fire douglas macauther before the Korean war was over.i think that history has proven this was the rightc decision,even though it was very unpopular at the time.gen. mac showed a total lack of respect for his commander-in-chief and was planning to use nukes against china.God only knows what this could have led to.

Douglasville, GA

#4975 Mar 21, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>as for the last 4 plus yrs.-that may be true.but this bleeding and draining did not start with the current admin.

I didn't say or imply that it did. But it is being carried on just as it was. It is wrong and dangerous to our country.

Douglasville, GA

#4976 Mar 21, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>thanks for the plug for harry,i think he is the most underrated prez. ever.y'know I love triva,did you know that he was the last prez that did not have a college education.also,do you know what the "s" in harry s. Truman stands for?
I will be honest and not look it up. I have no idea. You do know they called him, Go to Hell Harry. The old boy could cuss up a storm.

Douglasville, GA

#4977 Mar 21, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>yes,and let's not forget that he the guts to fire douglas macauther before the Korean war was over.i think that history has proven this was the rightc decision,even though it was very unpopular at the time.gen. mac showed a total lack of respect for his commander-in-chief and was planning to use nukes against china.God only knows what this could have led to.
I think one of the real problems was MacArthur got too big for his pants. Truman was Commander in Chief, and MacArthur was taking on the role as the Commander and Chief and was going to Attack China without Trumans approval. He was determined to attack China so Truman cut him loose for insubordination.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
atv park (Sep '08) 12 hr Tweeter83 11
Just saw this and had to share ATV park now in ... (Jun '09) 12 hr Tweeter83 6
The mechanic David 13 hr Thuggie 2
JDA Scam Thu Art Garrate 4
Tenn. fireman suspected of murder arrested in C... Sep 18 RNeck 2
The Micheal Brown case will be judged fairly Sep 16 li li 2
Why is the paper picking on Kingslands Mayor Sep 16 Howso 30
•••
•••
Kingsland Dating