Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#4486 Mar 5, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, Rice and President Cheney .. er ... Bush sure were absolutely right about invading Iraq, the biggest debacle in American history since Vietnam.
She assured us we'd be greeted at liberators and loved by the people - Instead we had thousands of dead American troops;
She said we'd won't cost a dime, the people there will pay all our expenses from oil sales- Instead we are looking at over a $2,000,000,000,000.00 cost to taxpayers;
She claimed we had to attack and invade and occupy and rebuild Iraq because next Tuesday they'll be sending nuclear warheads toward Des Moines from Baghdad - Instead Iraq couldn't even maintain its obsolete tanks, let alone design and construct nuclear missiles.
Isn't it amazing that no matter how wrong these folks have been - over and over and over again - somehow they maintain their status as "credible".
At least Gen. Powell has had the decency to admit he was wrong and misled by Bush and his merry band of gangsters.
Actually, Obama followed the withdrawal plan set out by Bush. He left troops in Iraq longer than he promised, but he did bring them out. He then boosted us up in a major way into Afghanistan. Is bin Laden gone? Yes. Did we lose more American lives. Yes. Are those lives not as important as those lost in Iraq? You keep slamming Bush with NO blame whatsoever on Obama for the lives lost in Afghanistan. We have lost MORE lives in the since bin Laden's death. How do you explain that? Is that okay? Are those lives not important? I can't wait for your reply of, "but Bush caused hundreads of thousands of Americans to lose their lives. Obama only caused 1,000 or some such crap. Are those 1,000 not as important? Well, not important enough to YOU. Obama gets a pass, right? Obama actually intensified the war in Afghanistan as he was promising to end it. Remember the surge? The U.S. went from approx. 31,000 tropps in Afghanistan at the end of 2008 to about 71,000 a year later. The peak was 111,000 a year later.(Obama's watch) He more than tripled the number of troops in Afghanistan during his first two years in office. I guess that's okay with you libs. So, during Bush's term between 20,000 to 30,000 troops were there and then Obama took over and the number increased to over 100,000. It's okay with you because bin Laden is dead, right? Obama has narrowed the goals in Afghanistan until HE could make the proclamation the war, in a traditional sense, was unwinnable. So, what do YOU think of his willingness to employ and expand the use of drones in Afghanistan??? Do you care about the collateral damage?
Troops in Iraq =$800,000 per troop per year.
Troops in Afghanistan =$1.2 MILLION per troop per year Source: Todd Harrison, senior fellow
for defense budget studies at the
center for Strategic and Budgetary
Assessments.

Now, Afghanistan is experiencing a resurgence of the Taliban. So, were those lives lost on Obama's watch wasted? Well? Now, Pakistan has emerged as a possible terrorist haven.
I KNOW this whole post is a waste of my time. I just couldn't read your ridiculous blaming anymore without hearing your insane excuses for Obama. Can't wait.

Location hidden

#4487 Mar 5, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
Hey, Synergy, appreciate the back up.
I got 'cha back.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4488 Mar 5, 2013
@Synergy
Great post.+1+1+1

And we must never forget - Chris Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty and Ty Woods
jeb stuart

Jesup, GA

#4489 Mar 5, 2013
OMTE wrote:
Either that or the illuminati came got his a$$. LOL.
that is funny.i was kinda hoping that he'd cashed his silver reserves in at $200/oz. i was getting ready to head to my safe deposit box.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#4490 Mar 6, 2013
uninformed opinion wrote:
<quoted text>u aren't really that dumbo r u?
Another fact based rebuttal laced with deep reasoned analysis.

Lord, please tell us you attended school in Alabama - let us retain hope that Georgia schools can still produce graduates capable of rational discussion.
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

#4491 Mar 6, 2013
uninformed opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
u aren't really that dumbo r u?
Yes, he is.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#4492 Mar 6, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted

Now, Afghanistan is experiencing a resurgence of the Taliban. So, were those lives lost on Obama's watch wasted? Well? Now, Pakistan has emerged as a possible terrorist haven.
I KNOW this whole post is a waste of my time. I just couldn't read your ridiculous blaming anymore without hearing your insane excuses for Obama. Can't wait.
Great post.

But the fixation on Obama is misplaced.

For the 274th time - Obama is a corporate tool just as Cheney/Bush were - only slightly less so.

The only reason to support him in the last election was that he was the lessor of two evils - not because he was who any rational American would want as President.

We have wasted those lives and the nation's treasure. Anyone with any knowledge of history knew so at the time and those with integrity tried to convince the populace not to follow the war mongers toward another debacle.

The British and the Soviet Union learned their lessons, in Afghanistan and Pakistan, but we Americans always believe we are "exceptional", and cannot learn from others' mistakes.

Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, and the rest of that area are cesspools of deceit and treachery, always happy to allow others to fight their battles and provide billions in bribes. When the time is right, they inevitably turn on their benefactors, making their benefactors broke, foolish, and cuckolded.

Because imperialism makes bankers and traders even richer, they encourage us to forget the lessons of the past - this time will be different- and we repeat the debacles we swore would never be repeated.

Even Vietnam and 50,000 of our best and bravest dying, never taught us that Imperialism is very expensive, in blood and treasure. As multinational and American companies use Ho Chi Ming City for cheap labor to replace American jobs, we still don't learn.

We know that our own Revolutionary War was, in part, the result of the British governments imperialistic wars. The wars profited the War Profiteers and the East India Trading Companies - and bankrupted their country, requiring additional tax revenue from the Colonies, and we still don't learn.

Just as we did in Vietnam, and Iraq, after we borrow and spend millions, billions, and now trillions dollars, we'll declare victory and leave, the War Profiteers richer, and the economy shattered.

Only Bush the 1st was wise enough to get in, get out, get paid. If only Bush the 2nd had heeded his Daddy's example and kept President Cheney under control.

After we leave Afghanistan and Pakistan, having created a populace with legitimate reason to hate us, and an Elite we made rich with our borrowed money, they'll return to tribal and religious warfare and strife, the Sunni vs. Shia, the rich vs. the poor, as if our troops hasn't fought and died, and our treasure hadn't been wasted.

But hey, as our standard of living drops, our health care suffers, our children's educations deteriorate, our infrastructure crumbles, and our national debt climbs, the War Profiteers, the bankers, and the rest of the Elite 1% enjoy their ever increasing wealthy and influence.

To understand the world - always, always, always follow the money.
what you deserve

Cornelia, GA

#4494 Mar 6, 2013
OMTE wrote:
I hope all the mexicans go to his funeral and never come back.
Dang you sure hate the Mexicans don't you? I would bet you could add a few other people of a different color to that list to send away. Sad thing is they as a political power in this country already make more difference than southern conservatives like you. Maybe one day when karma comes to visit they will kick you back to the country of your ancestorís. Itís what you deserve.

Location hidden

#4495 Mar 6, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post.
For the 274th time - Obama is a corporate tool just as Cheney/Bush were - only slightly less so.
The only reason to support him in the last election was that he was the lessor of two evils - not because he was who any rational American would want as President.
We have wasted those lives and the nation's treasure. Anyone with any knowledge of history knew so at the time and those with integrity tried to convince the populace not to follow the war mongers toward another debacle.
The British and the Soviet Union learned their lessons, in Afghanistan and Pakistan, but we Americans always believe we are "exceptional", and cannot learn from others' mistakes.
Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, and the rest of that area are cesspools of deceit and treachery, always happy to allow others to fight their battles and provide billions in bribes. When the time is right, they inevitably turn on their benefactors, making their benefactors broke, foolish, and cuckolded.
Because imperialism makes bankers and traders even richer, they encourage us to forget the lessons of the past - this time will be different- and we repeat the debacles we swore would never be repeated.
Even Vietnam and 50,000 of our best and bravest dying, never taught us that Imperialism is very expensive, in blood and treasure. As multinational and American companies use Ho Chi Ming City for cheap labor to replace American jobs, we still don't learn.
We know that our own Revolutionary War was, in part, the result of the British governments imperialistic wars. The wars profited the War Profiteers and the East India Trading Companies - and bankrupted their country, requiring additional tax revenue from the Colonies, and we still don't learn.
Just as we did in Vietnam, and Iraq, after we borrow and spend millions, billions, and now trillions dollars, we'll declare victory and leave, the War Profiteers richer, and the economy shattered.
Only Bush the 1st was wise enough to get in, get out, get paid. If only Bush the 2nd had heeded his Daddy's example and kept President Cheney under control.
After we leave Afghanistan and Pakistan, having created a populace with legitimate reason to hate us, and an Elite we made rich with our borrowed money, they'll return to tribal and religious warfare and strife, the Sunni vs. Shia, the rich vs. the poor, as if our troops hasn't fought and died, and our treasure hadn't been wasted.
But hey, as our standard of living drops, our health care suffers, our children's educations deteriorate, our infrastructure crumbles, and our national debt climbs, the War Profiteers, the bankers, and the rest of the Elite 1% enjoy their ever increasing wealthy and influence.
Okay. I'm following you, but how is Obama less so? I'm not seeing that AT ALL. Being out of one country and deep into another with it all "seemingly" winding down doesn't make him "less so". Libs claim that the conservatives are crazy for saying Obama is taking us toward a European style country. We absolutely ARE heading toward that. Does THAT make him "less so"? Hardly. IIMO, it's government power Gone Wild.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#4496 Mar 6, 2013
glorya wrote:
<quoted text> No Dave, make me laugh and you won't he punished. I'm not the topix police lady. The preaching may come out from time to time. But, set me straight. I've fallen and trying to get up. I've never claimed to be perfect. Far from it.
At least your not yelling" Help I've fallen and I CAN'T get up"! We are all human -- I hope. Hey girl no hard feelings and you know I was just yanking your chain about the Forum Police thing. We're cool.
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

#4497 Mar 6, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post.
Back peddling on a unicycle.
Boring.

Douglasville, GA

#4498 Mar 6, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Obama followed the withdrawal plan set out by Bush. He left troops in Iraq longer than he promised, but he did bring them out. He then boosted us up in a major way into Afghanistan. Is bin Laden gone? Yes. Did we lose more American lives. Yes. Are those lives not as important as those lost in Iraq? You keep slamming Bush with NO blame whatsoever on Obama for the lives lost in Afghanistan. We have lost MORE lives in the since bin Laden's death. How do you explain that? Is that okay? Are those lives not important? I can't wait for your reply of, "but Bush caused hundreads of thousands of Americans to lose their lives. Obama only caused 1,000 or some such crap. Are those 1,000 not as important? Well, not important enough to YOU. Obama gets a pass, right? Obama actually intensified the war in Afghanistan as he was promising to end it. Remember the surge? The U.S. went from approx. 31,000 tropps in Afghanistan at the end of 2008 to about 71,000 a year later. The peak was 111,000 a year later.(Obama's watch) He more than tripled the number of troops in Afghanistan during his first two years in office. I guess that's okay with you libs. So, during Bush's term between 20,000 to 30,000 troops were there and then Obama took over and the number increased to over 100,000. It's okay with you because bin Laden is dead, right? Obama has narrowed the goals in Afghanistan until HE could make the proclamation the war, in a traditional sense, was unwinnable. So, what do YOU think of his willingness to employ and expand the use of drones in Afghanistan??? Do you care about the collateral damage?
Troops in Iraq =$800,000 per troop per year.
Troops in Afghanistan =$1.2 MILLION per troop per year Source: Todd Harrison, senior fellow
for defense budget studies at the
center for Strategic and Budgetary
Assessments.
A really good post Synergy. It was a little long considering that the Libs aren't going to read past the first paragraph. It is amazing the patience that you have typing all that knowing that you are not going to get through to them.
Their new tactic is to talk about Bush and Romney if they can get away with it. That tactic is look at what this hand is doing and don't look what the other hand is doing. It is what Obama does all the time and it seems to work with some people. I actually wonder if the Liberals actually believe this stuff they try to hand us, or if they just spout off trying to defend their bad decisions at the election booth. You can tell that they are suddenly not very happy as I think many now see the error in their judgement. I must say a little late now.
Anonymous

Covington, GA

#4499 Mar 6, 2013
what you deserve wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang you sure hate the Mexicans don't you? I would bet you could add a few other people of a different color to that list to send away. Sad thing is they as a political power in this country already make more difference than southern conservatives like you. Maybe one day when karma comes to visit they will kick you back to the country of your ancestorís. Itís what you deserve.
I'm chiming in because I made a tasteless joke, laughing while saying a maasive exodus of Hispanics to Venezuela (Chavez) would be good for America. I don't "hate" hispanics, I really dont. Especially the honest, good, hard workers who wish a better life for themselves and their families. Who in their good heart could not love those children?... On the flip side, I do recognize 11 million illegals help drain our already strained resources, resulting in overcrowding in schools, hospitals, prisons, courts, etc. Once those babies are birthed, they are entitled to free healthcare, WIC, food cards for as long as possible. Sometimes, for as long as they remain here.
I do not blame the Hispanics! I don't. I blame our government slackers who spend recklessly and waste billions but can't provide strict border control, as in a Homeland security plan. As bad as I hate to say it, along with those Hispanics coming to America seeking a better life, there are that many more who come to simply take advantage of our screwed up political system.
Who should come first???? Hardworking, taxpaying American citizens- not Hispanics, but we've had no choice to accept it. Our government has let us down in trillion$ of ways. It makes me sad.
Anonymous

Covington, GA

#4500 Mar 6, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A really good post Synergy. It was a little long considering that the Libs aren't going to read past the first paragraph. It is amazing the patience that you have typing all that knowing that you are not going to get through to them.
Their new tactic is to talk about Bush and Romney if they can get away with it. That tactic is look at what this hand is doing and don't look what the other hand is doing. It is what Obama does all the time and it seems to work with some people. I actually wonder if the Liberals actually believe this stuff they try to hand us, or if they just spout off trying to defend their bad decisions at the election booth. You can tell that they are suddenly not very happy as I think many now see the error in their judgement. I must say a little late now.
I agree. Excellent post, Synergy. I'm not a liberal, so I did read the whole post!
Anonymous

Covington, GA

#4501 Mar 6, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
At least your not yelling" Help I've fallen and I CAN'T get up"! We are all human -- I hope. Hey girl no hard feelings and you know I was just yanking your chain about the Forum Police thing. We're cool.
We cool! I enjoy reading everyone's comments. I learn a lot. And do enjoy a good laugh in the mix! No hard feelings with me, either.

Location hidden

#4502 Mar 6, 2013
glorya wrote:
<quoted text> I'm chiming in because I made a tasteless joke, laughing while saying a maasive exodus of Hispanics to Venezuela (Chavez) would be good for America. I don't "hate" hispanics, I really dont. Especially the honest, good, hard workers who wish a better life for themselves and their families. Who in their good heart could not love those children?... On the flip side, I do recognize 11 million illegals help drain our already strained resources, resulting in overcrowding in schools, hospitals, prisons, courts, etc. Once those babies are birthed, they are entitled to free healthcare, WIC, food cards for as long as possible. Sometimes, for as long as they remain here.
I do not blame the Hispanics! I don't. I blame our government slackers who spend recklessly and waste billions but can't provide strict border control, as in a Homeland security plan. As bad as I hate to say it, along with those Hispanics coming to America seeking a better life, there are that many more who come to simply take advantage of our screwed up political system.
Who should come first???? Hardworking, taxpaying American citizens- not Hispanics, but we've had no choice to accept it. Our government has let us down in trillion$ of ways. It makes me sad.
+1 Good post. They MUST be legal and pay taxes. Otherwise, see ya. Personally, I don't CARE how LONG they've been here. If they aren't legal and helping pay for the resources they are using, bye!

Douglasville, GA

#4503 Mar 6, 2013
glorya wrote:
<quoted text> I'm chiming in because I made a tasteless joke, laughing while saying a maasive exodus of Hispanics to Venezuela (Chavez) would be good for America. I don't "hate" hispanics, I really dont. Especially the honest, good, hard workers who wish a better life for themselves and their families. Who in their good heart could not love those children?... On the flip side, I do recognize 11 million illegals help drain our already strained resources, resulting in overcrowding in schools, hospitals, prisons, courts, etc. Once those babies are birthed, they are entitled to free healthcare, WIC, food cards for as long as possible. Sometimes, for as long as they remain here.
A good post. You are correct that our government has let us down. The government cares so little for its citizens there is a serious outbreak of a antibiotic resistant form of TB that is now in our country. It has almost reached epidemic stages in L.A. Calf. Of course it came from Mexico and is being spread by illegal aliens. These people cross our border and come into our country taking jobs, overcrowding our schools, jails and health facilities, which we pay for. Now they are endangering our very lives carrying lethal diseases into our country with the help of our own government.

Location hidden

#4505 Mar 6, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A good post. You are correct that our government has let us down. The government cares so little for its citizens there is a serious outbreak of a antibiotic resistant form of TB that is now in our country. It has almost reached epidemic stages in L.A. Calf. Of course it came from Mexico and is being spread by illegal aliens. These people cross our border and come into our country taking jobs, overcrowding our schools, jails and health facilities, which we pay for. Now they are endangering our very lives carrying lethal diseases into our country with the help of our own government.
Brace yourself for the bleeding heart liberals to pounce on you. They aren't able to connect the dots in that the illegals are taking from them and theirs.
bull

Cornelia, GA

#4506 Mar 6, 2013
glorya wrote:
Bull!! The end result of all AMERICANS again wanting something for nothing. Mexicans came here because WE gave them JOBS to do at a very CHEAP price. WE wanted the savings and what amounts to slaves to do our menial labor that no AMERICAN wanted to do. If you factor in the costs of everything the Mexicans ďstoleĒ from us in provided services, it was still a bargain. Even today with most Mexicans gone NO AMERICAN wants to sweat in watermelon fields for the amount of money paid. We blame everyone but US for the Mexicans and the housing bust. Fact is it was our GREED that made it ALL happen, and most of the blame goes to "baby boomers"!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4510 Mar 6, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>

I would disagree with you on much of the rest of your post, but the above has some very valid points, especially in terms of what will be left behind in terms of those in charge. But I would disagree with some of what you claim were the motivations. Also is terms of Vietnam - it was the middle of the Cold War and it is easy to forget the threat that communism posed at that time and how important is was to try and stop its spread. Had Johnson not been such an egomaniacal ass and had he allowed his military commanders to make decisions instead of making a policy of "they can't bomb an outhouse without my OK" the war could have very arguably been shorter, successful and far less costly in precious American lives.

Get over your obsession with Romney and his taxes, he paid what was legally required and actually paid more (as you acknowledged)- you have NO proof he paid no taxes in the prior years and to claim any such knowledge is to be as disingenuous as Harry Reid - though in Reid's case, I would just call him a liar.

However, if you and others intend to continue with your hard headedness about Romney, please show me your posts where you were railing against Tim Geitner for Sec of Treasury (also making him head of the IRS) for his tax fraud, that somehow he is able to SUCCESSFULLY defend by saying it was a problem with TurboTax. Let's see John Q Public get away with that excuse when he is audited. Or Obama's original pick for HHS, Tom Daschle, who somehow "forgot" to claim $1,000,000 in consulting fees, or Kathleen Sebelius, the current HHS, who owed back taxes and I could name more. These are people who actually DEFRAUDED the government of legitimately owed taxes and yet, with the exception of Daschle withdrawing his nomination (his only "penalty") the others are currently serving in the Obama administration. Heck, it was reported last July that federal employees owe almost $3.5 BILLION in unpaid taxes. But you continue to be hung up over a man who actually paid everything (and more) he was legally required to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Great news! Mil for JDA passes unanimously. 23 min picky 71
Higher Property Tax 2 hr Curious 41
Osprey Coves Polish Candidate 7 hr LonePalm 12
The Big goverment Era comes to Kingsland 7 hr Uhhuh 3
I'll tell you what, Jay........ 8 hr Really 25
Another rethuglician sentenced, what's new 9 hr Kurt 4
Moreno's Public Endorsements 11 hr Truth 145

Kingsland Jobs

Kingsland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE