Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#3459 Feb 16, 2013
Image wrote:
<quoted text>It's still borrowed money on which interest must be paid and when they're cashed, the government must borrow more to pay up.
Agreed.

It lowers the interest rate paid, which lowers the cost of the deficit, which lowers the debt.

We just get to repay less than we otherwise would.
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#3460 Feb 16, 2013
Columbus Native wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, folks like you believed in Vietnam,Iraq, and if you could Iran. Keep sucking on that bottle of koolaid made at Haliburton's main office.
Great post.

There's somebody, somewhere, that poses a danger to people who don't care enough to protect themselves.

Why should they when as long as they take the money from the CIA, and do business with the right people, America will bankrupt itself, and send our kids to die for them.
Larry Swanson

Canton, GA

#3461 Feb 16, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post.
There's somebody, somewhere, that poses a danger to people who don't care enough to protect themselves.
Why should they when as long as they take the money from the CIA, and do business with the right people, America will bankrupt itself, and send our kids to die for them.
For a sturdy fence or structure, start with level, properly set posts. Whether your posts are for a fence to protect a vegetable garden or the support for an arbor or clothesline, the techniques for setting posts is the same. Start with weather treated posts, dig a hole deep enough to hold 1/3 the length of your post and check the vertical level of your post continuously. As you plan your project, leave plenty of time for the concrete to cure properly.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#3462 Feb 16, 2013
Larry Swanson wrote:
<quoted text>
For a sturdy fence or structure, start with level, properly set posts. Whether your posts are for a fence to protect a vegetable garden or the support for an arbor or clothesline, the techniques for setting posts is the same. Start with weather treated posts, dig a hole deep enough to hold 1/3 the length of your post and check the vertical level of your post continuously. As you plan your project, leave plenty of time for the concrete to cure properly.
i can speak about this:concrete is a poor way to set a post(at least,a wooden one.over time,the wood srinks and leaves a reservoir for water and rot).a much better option is gravel(water seeps through it)another alternative is sand.concrete is a quick fix,but poor longterm choice.i usually charge a fee for stuff like this,but you seem like a nice guy.
Shoes on the other foot

Blairsville, GA

#3463 Feb 16, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>i can speak about this:concrete is a poor way to set a post(at least,a wooden one.over time,the wood srinks and leaves a reservoir for water and rot).a much better option is gravel(water seeps through it)another alternative is sand.concrete is a quick fix,but poor longterm choice.i usually charge a fee for stuff like this,but you seem like a nice guy.
So there actually is a bigger dumb*ss than this Larry Swanson poster... amazing.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#3464 Feb 16, 2013
Shoes on the other foot wrote:
<quoted text>
So there actually is a bigger dumb*ss than this Larry Swanson poster... amazing.
yeah there is,but does that really make you proud of yourself?
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#3465 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
no wonder folks can't find a job.i would'nt hire you are larry to dig a ditch-much less build a fence!
Shoes on the other foot

Blairsville, GA

#3466 Feb 16, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>no wonder folks can't find a job.i would'nt hire you are larry to dig a ditch-much less build a fence!
I believe it would be more likely that I would be hiring you as a day laborer. But keep on trying to make people think otherwise if it makes you feel better about yourself.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#3467 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
And what about the many other business that started up and failed? You must realize the failure rates are fairly high for new businesses. Not every business investment accomplishes what your example does. And I didn't suggest that "treasury bonds" were the only form of "stable" investment.
As for the government growing the economy, be very clear, I do agree with you. It's up to entrepreneurs to do so.(We all know the government can't even balance its own checkbook, how can they grow the economy?)
However, I'm just not sure why the working man has to "subsidize" investors by giving them lower tax rates...
I myself am for business taking risks with their own money - I have done so myself, starting my own business after working for others in the private sector for over 20 years. So obviously, I believe in capitalism (and I certainly know risk, that much I can assure you).
Apparently you missed that my comments here were rather academic. One argument says giving investors tax breaks will increase investment, while another view might be that giving investors who put money into more stable investments would insure financial stability. I'm sure that compelling arguments could be made for each view, and a dozen other ideas.
Let's all face it, people with surplus cash will always seek to invest their money for a return - the government doesn't need to give them an incentive to do so.
(And extrapolating on that idea, maybe the government should give cash bonuses (or tax breaks) to the employable-unemployed who actually take the initiative to find a job - it's the same line of reasoning.)
please,no more "extrapolating"- it's giving me a headache!
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#3468 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
I believe it would be more likely that I would be hiring you as a day laborer. But keep on trying to make people think otherwise if it makes you feel better about yourself.
friend,i kinda doubt that we would ever be workin' togeather either.but i gotta say,as much as i may disagree with bill and his politics- he does know his stuff when it comes to taxes.and God knows i hate to use one of his favorite words,but you are truely 'clueless' when it comes to building,construction,etc,.but try this,see if you can somehow incorporate the word "minizimar" into your next post.it may make it more convincing.
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#3469 Feb 16, 2013
Larry Swanson wrote:
<quoted text>For a sturdy fence or structure, start with level, properly set posts. Whether your posts are for a fence to protect a vegetable garden or the support for an arbor or clothesline, the techniques for setting posts is the same. Start with weather treated posts, dig a hole deep enough to hold 1/3 the length of your post and check the vertical level of your post continuously. As you plan your project, leave plenty of time for the concrete to cure properly.
That should make a great post !
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#3470 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>So there actually is a bigger dumb*ss than this Larry Swanson poster... amazing.
I guess the "nice guy" categorization might have been inaccurate, or at least premature.
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#3471 Feb 16, 2013
A truly important article, well-researched, objective, and relevant.

If the link doesn't work, try NYTimes online.

http://nyti.ms/XPiN0j

NYTimes: Equal Opportunity, Our National Myth

The upwardly mobile American is becoming a statistical oddity.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#3472 Feb 16, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the "nice guy" categorization might have been inaccurate, or at least premature.
concur on that.and maybe shoe-foot does know more about building than i imply.i base my opinion only on his disagreement with me on the proper(or best) way to set a wooden post.this is not just my opinion,it is a fact.
Shoes on the other foot

Blairsville, GA

#3473 Feb 16, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>concur on that.and maybe shoe-foot does know more about building than i imply.i base my opinion only on his disagreement with me on the proper(or best) way to set a wooden post.this is not just my opinion,it is a fact.
It's a little bit early on a Saturday night to be drinking, isn't it? If that's not the problem then you have serious issues to deal with.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#3474 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
It's a little bit early on a Saturday night to be drinking, isn't it? If that's not the problem then you have serious issues to deal with.
how early is too early? yes, i do have serious issues to deal with.that said,the best way to set a wood post is not one of them.are your issues all in order,if so,what are you doing here on a sat. nite?
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#3475 Feb 16, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>how early is too early? yes, i do have serious issues to deal with.that said,the best way to set a wood post is not one of them.are your issues all in order,if so,what are you doing here on a sat. nite?
and it's not just the drinkin'-y'know,i have been professionally diagnosed as being bi-polar(read yesterdays' posts)so i am self-medicating to try help this problem.are you okay?
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#3476 Feb 16, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>concur on that.and maybe shoe-foot does know more about building than i imply.i base my opinion only on his disagreement with me on the proper(or best) way to set a wooden post.this is not just my opinion,it is a fact.
I don't doubt you at all.

What's Clint say, other than when he's speaking to a chair ?

"A good man knows his limitations."

I don't know a damn thing about post holes, heck, my last attempt to install a deadbolt cost me a fortune. The locksmith sold me a huge brass plate to cover my embarrassing efforts- so I bow to your expertise.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#3477 Feb 16, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't doubt you at all.
What's Clint say, other than when he's speaking to a chair ?
"A good man knows his limitations."
I don't know a damn thing about post holes, heck, my last attempt to install a deadbolt cost me a fortune. The locksmith sold me a huge brass plate to cover my embarrassing efforts- so I bow to your expertise.
thanks,but like you(and clint)said every man does need to know his limitations.carpentry,cabinet making,building,etc.are,for the most part,acquired skills.it is my opinion that something like politics is innate or intrinsic.even changing someones' opinion about the matter seems nearly impossible.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#3478 Feb 16, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>thanks,but like you(and clint)said every man does need to know his limitations.carpentry,cabinet making,building,etc.are,for the most part,acquired skills.it is my opinion that something like politics is innate or intrinsic.even changing someones' opinion about the matter seems nearly impossible.
sorry if you don't understand,i will try to do better.belated hvd,love.yours

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clownboy loses another one in the courts 2 hr Please 2
Nepotism, and Crony Capitalism 2 hr Viet Vet 1
-LYIN' Jorge 3 hr DoDEngr 19
Clownboy's first 100 days recap - and it's not ... 6 hr Boris 3
Was the dog food poisoned, or not, Moreno? (Nov '14) 10 hr Jay 46
St Marys Senior Prom Sun Walt 4
AK of StM Apr 23 Mel 1

Kingsland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance