jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

#3427 Feb 15, 2013
conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
Not uncertain at all. You seem bi-polar.
i rant,and yet have(according to you)intelligent conversations?and this makes me bi-polar? your medical knowledge may serve you well,sometime in the near future.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3428 Feb 16, 2013
Just Trolling Along wrote:
<quoted text>
While I understand Bill in Dville's belief that investors should be rewarded for taking risks, my gut reaction - and life experience - tells me that Informed Opinion is very correct on this issue: No matter what the tax rate is, a person with money to invest is indeed going to invest it - they certainly are not going to bury it in the back yard.
And something else that occurs to me: the rational offered for the tax breaks is because investors have risk associated with investment. Understandable. But one might also argue for the government to give tax breaks for those investors who put money in activities which are not so risky, yet have more stable financial returns. The argument might be that a more stable economy with defined growth would be fostered.
So which has a better return to the overall economy, the money invested in those "non-risky" investments like Treasury bonds (which results in no growth to the economy), or the money invested with the small entrepreneur who may go out of business, thus losing your investment, or who may have a successful restaurant that employs a dozen, opens a second restaurant and employs another dozen and eventually has a chain and employs hundreds. Which has the long term best benefit to the economy? The government does not and cannot grow the economy in any real sense. It is the small business that is the engine that truly drives this economy.
we know

Gibson, GA

#3431 Feb 16, 2013
Stuart & Synergy, where are you? Informed opinion, I miss you, baby.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

#3432 Feb 16, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
If we were playing Jeopardy, the correct "answer" would be:
The location of your ISP (apparently).
"WRONG ANSWER",bill.if you were playing jeopardy,the "CORRECT ANSWER" would be "where is the location of your isp"?((all answers must be in the form of a question,you should have known that,bill!
we know

Covington, GA

#3433 Feb 16, 2013
You guys make me laugh. Sincerely.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3434 Feb 16, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
So which has a better return to the overall economy, the money invested in those "non-risky" investments like Treasury bonds (which results in no growth to the economy), or the money invested with the small entrepreneur who may go out of business, thus losing your investment, or who may have a successful restaurant that employs a dozen, opens a second restaurant and employs another dozen and eventually has a chain and employs hundreds. Which has the long term best benefit to the economy? The government does not and cannot grow the economy in any real sense. It is the small business that is the engine that truly drives this economy.
+1 well stated (as usual)

You get it.
if you are one

Blairsville, GA

#3435 Feb 16, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
The default position of those who cannot support their position with actual facts because the truth is that this administration's policies have only made economic conditions worse. Blame all you want on Bush, but the truth is that if you want to look at the housing crisis and it's impact on the economy go look at the Community Investment Act, the Clinton Justice Dept breathing down the necks of banks so they would offer home loans to those who couldn't afford them, and Christopher Dodd and Barney Frank protecting Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to keep their contributions and sweetheart deals coming in. My disagreement with Obama's positions (and most Democrat positions) is based on policies that are proven to be detrimental to the country - never based on skin color. But you keep screaming racism, that's what the ignorant do best.
Bill, racism is a fact in the South. Just go hang with a few old timers like synergy and they spew it all the time. PURE hate is all you and your buddies have, nothing more. You should know being just another sock puppet.
ALL Presidents have encouraged home ownership, itís the engine that fuels prosperity. Bush in a speech in California said he wanted all people to have the opportunity to own a home, thatís not a direct quote but close. The problem erupted when government oversight on lenders turned a blind eye to outright stupid loans. One that had worked in the past because home values continued to rise at stupid rates. But when the Bush administration looked the other way as investment firms packaged known bad loans into investments that we highly rated by rating firms in bed with the investment houses the house of cards fell. I donít think George hand any idea what was going on, to busy patting himself on the back. But he should have and for that thank you GEORGE for killing the economy.
As for that stupid argument that Obama is the cause such a large increase in the deficit, you are right. Unwinding two of the longest wars in our history, wars that were a mistake form the beginning. Wars where lies and misinformation we used to justify them and they we not funded in ANY budget!! Add the costs to save the banking industry and the auto industry. Costs of the money the government spent trying to recover jobs and spur the economy, and facts show they all worked to some degree not matter what you claim. Plus they were passed by Congress, endorsed by OBAMA, Republicans voted for most of them. Heck the 1st bailout and the auto loans were Bush ideas. Saying they have not worked is pure fiction and canít be backed by one real fact. But thatís not what you are interested in. You just seem to be worried about some poor person getting something that you consider yours.
You are a pitiful human, thatís if you really are one.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3436 Feb 16, 2013
if you are one wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill, racism is a fact in the South. Just go hang with a few old timers like synergy and they spew it all the time. PURE hate is all you and your buddies have, nothing more. You should know being just another sock puppet.
ALL Presidents have encouraged home ownership, itís the engine that fuels prosperity. Bush in a speech in California said he wanted all people to have the opportunity to own a home, thatís not a direct quote but close. The problem erupted when government oversight on lenders turned a blind eye to outright stupid loans. One that had worked in the past because home values continued to rise at stupid rates. But when the Bush administration looked the other way as investment firms packaged known bad loans into investments that we highly rated by rating firms in bed with the investment houses the house of cards fell. I donít think George hand any idea what was going on, to busy patting himself on the back. But he should have and for that thank you GEORGE for killing the economy.
As for that stupid argument that Obama is the cause such a large increase in the deficit, you are right. Unwinding two of the longest wars in our history, wars that were a mistake form the beginning. Wars where lies and misinformation we used to justify them and they we not funded in ANY budget!! Add the costs to save the banking industry and the auto industry. Costs of the money the government spent trying to recover jobs and spur the economy, and facts show they all worked to some degree not matter what you claim. Plus they were passed by Congress, endorsed by OBAMA, Republicans voted for most of them. Heck the 1st bailout and the auto loans were Bush ideas. Saying they have not worked is pure fiction and canít be backed by one real fact. But thatís not what you are interested in. You just seem to be worried about some poor person getting something that you consider yours.
I'm not Bill, but I'm going to respond.
1. I'm not an old timer.
2. Racism? You libs ALWAYS use that as an excuse. Worn out. Not effective. Obama's main focus is to spread hate. It fits his agenda. Get some new material.
3. PC has ruined this country. Use merit, not color.
4. http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
we know

Covington, GA

#3437 Feb 16, 2013
if you are one wrote:
<quoted text>
Synergy....is that you? I'm thinking so. Back with a name change.
we know

Covington, GA

#3438 Feb 16, 2013
I'm confused, is this directed to Bill or Aggie? Or both?
we know

Covington, GA

#3439 Feb 16, 2013
Synergy is baaack!!!!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3440 Feb 16, 2013
if you are one wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill, racism is a fact in the South. Just go hang with a few old timers like synergy and they spew it all the time.
Funny, are you posting to me or Aggie? Aggie's quote, yet my name? Hmmm.

Two things:
1. Please define racism. I think you're full of $hit, but you've shown that many times before, so nothing new.

2. I've known Synergy for around 3 years (and a couple other posters on Topix), I have never heard her say or write anything racist (if you know what the definition of racism is, which is doubtful), only facts about certain individuals, "Einstein".

If it's true, is it racism? I guess you'd have to know the definition to be able to answer...

Also, please show some examples about Synergy "spewing" "it" all the time.

You're a sad, chicken$hit individual making claims about someone you'd be lucky to know and consider a friend.

Typical...

Location hidden

#3441 Feb 16, 2013
we know wrote:
Synergy is baaack!!!!
lol I never left. I can't determine if Blairsville thinks Aggie and Bill are the same or if Blairsville, by mistake, responded to the wrong post. Who knows?
we know

Covington, GA

#3442 Feb 16, 2013
I'll now be a silent observer. Promise.

Location hidden

#3443 Feb 16, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not Bill, but I'm going to respond.
1. I'm not an old timer.
2. Racism? You libs ALWAYS use that as an excuse. Worn out. Not effective. Obama's main focus is to spread hate. It fits his agenda. Get some new material.
3. PC has ruined this country. Use merit, not color.
4. http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
Bad link.

4. Here it is.
AlphabeticalChic kn

Decatur, GA

#3444 Feb 16, 2013
WebstersDictionary wrote:
<quoted text>
racism
noun (Concise Encyclopedia)

Any action, practice, or belief that reflects the racial worldviewóthe ideology that humans are divided into separate and exclusive biological entities called ďraces,Ē that there is a causal link between inherited physical traits and traits of personality, intellect, morality, and other cultural behavioral features, and that some ďracesĒ are innately superior to others. Racism was at the heart of North American slavery and the overseas colonization and empire-building activities of some western Europeans, especially in the 18th century. The idea of race was invented to magnify the differences between people of European origin in the U.S. and those of African descent whose ancestors had been brought against their will to function as slaves in the American South. By viewing Africans and their descendants as lesser human beings, the proponents of slavery attempted to justify and maintain this system of exploitation while at the same time portraying the U.S. as a bastion and champion of human freedom, with human rights, democratic institutions, unlimited opportunities, and equality. The contradiction between slavery and the ideology of human equality, accompanying a philosophy of human freedom and dignity, seemed to demand the dehumanization of those enslaved. By the 19th century racism had matured and the idea spread around the world. Racism differs from ethnocentrism in that it is linked to physical and therefore immutable differences among people. Ethnic identity is acquired, and ethnic features are learned forms of behaviour. Race, on the other hand, is a form of identity that is perceived as innate and unalterable. In the last half of the 20th century several conflicts around the world were interpreted in racial terms even though their origins were in the ethnic hostilities that have long characterized many human societies (e.g., Arabs and Jews, English and Irish). Racism reflects an acceptance of the deepest forms and degrees of divisiveness and carries the implication that differences among groups are so great that they cannot be transcended. See also ethnic group; sociocultural evolution.
Websters wrote:
<quoted text>
: the state of mind of a bigot
: acts or beliefs characteristic of a bigot
See bigotry defined for English-language learners Ľ
See bigotry defined for kids Ľ
Examples of BIGOTRY

<a deeply ingrained bigotry prevented her from even considering the counterarguments>

First Known Use of BIGOTRY
circa 1674
There are your definitions. Now can you please spare us your Semantics lessons in the future?
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#3445 Feb 16, 2013
driving me nuts wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep that isolationist route has worked so well in the past every time it has been tried. You are in a state of denial.
Speaking of sucking on something how about getting that straw you're sucking on out of that Koolaide you are drinking.
Yep, folks like you believed in Vietnam,Iraq, and if you could Iran. Keep sucking on that bottle of koolaid made at Haliburton's main office.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

#3446 Feb 16, 2013
Republicans are anti-nipples!

That's right. You can't make this stuff up.

See the proposed Republican-sponsored legislation yourself right here:

http://ncleg.net/Sessions/2013/Bills/House/HT...

Yet another reason to vote Democratic.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#3447 Feb 16, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
The one intelligent statement in that entire post.
Besides the moral case for standing with Israel, a strong Israel is vital to American interests, but I guess you can't see past your obvious bigotry to realize that.
You and your Bronx jewish muthur may think this is a moral issue but the majority of Americans don.t want America to borrow from the Chinese and fight Israels war for them.
Informed Opinion

United States

#3448 Feb 16, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>Besides your ridiculous example involving more money than your average investor will ever see, what you are completely ignoring is that with "investment" comes "risk". With your average investment - be it in the stock market or lending money to an entrepreneur to start a business or lending money to a friend there is no GUARANTEE that you will get ANY of your money back, much less make a profit. That is one of the main reasons that the capital gains rate is lower than the tax rate on income, it is an acknowledgement of and incentive to engage in the RISK.
What a crock.

I'm not going to "risk" my money for a mere 12% after tax return, unless O get a 14% ROI, I'm gonna put it in my mattress and make a 0% return.

You don't want risk, put your money in your mattress.

You don't want risk, don't get out of bed, and hope an asteroid doesn't land on your house.

Life is full of risks.

You don't want risk - put your money in insured bank accounts and let the bank invest it.

What a bunch of cry babies these rich Right Wingers are.

They sit on their butts clipping coupons from their bonds and whine:
"Oh, I might have made a bad investment - so you working people should give me welfare for all the risk I'm taking "

Working people ought to get a tax break the because the business owners might make foolish management decisions that cost the worker his job.

Now that's risk.

The only reason that investment income is ever taxed at less than ordinary income rates is because greedy, selfish, unpatriotic whiners bribe politicians for the tax break.

Really,
show us one millionaire or billionaire who kept his money in his mattress, instead of investing it in a bank account, stocks, bonds, T-Bill, REIT, etc., because of "risk", and we'll take that claim seriously.

Till then, it's just nonsensical propaganda informed people laugh at.

As Buffet says - anyone who believes investors won't invest their money somewhere, somehow, is crazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RIP Topix 33 min Play Tow 5
Is Topix's "Dr.Lecter" a liberal or conservative? 1 hr silver bullet 2
N. Korea calls Obama name in latest hacking 1 hr LonePalm 3
New restaurant 3 hr Barney 7
Unlikely location Chosen for specialized Ebola ... 4 hr spur40 8
Borrell Creek 6 hr Brittney 6
The Liberal News Gang, and you slam Fox. 9 hr Dr_Lecter 7
Kingsland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web