|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>zoltar,was this just a casual reference to chancellorsville(i corrected the spelling,but i am not much for spelling,myself)or were you hinting that you would like for me to desribe the little skirmish that took place there back in may,1863? it is my favorite battle(of the civil war-or as we down here prefer-'the war of northern agression')and i am,arguably(modesty aside),the worlds' foremost authority on the subject.
Jeb, thanks for adding the 's' to Chancellorsville. I ran out of s's and had to run into town to pick up some more.

I was just having a little fun. I am definately not an expert on that specific war but, have always found it very interesting. I had an occasion about 4 years ago to spend 2 days around Chambersburg, Chancellsville and Gettysburg. So much history, so little time.
turn off the TV

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Going off the cliff will be tough, but I think it has to be done. I can't see any other way to possibly fix this mess.
You really are a nut, letting the country go off the so called cliff, A term invented by TV talking heads so everyday people would have something to call national tragedy that is palatable. But trashing the faith and credit of the United States of American because a bunch of politicians care more about re-election than the country is not the answer. They have ALREADY made the decision that is the "only way out", its Sequester. Tough decisions have already been made but politicians are afraid of the repercussion, that decision was Sequester, it solves a lot of problems.

You need to turn off the TV and got of the internet for a couple weeks and let what’s left of your mind clear.
turn off the TV

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

got/get you get the point which is try reading a book, or taking a walk, outside.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

turn off the TV wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are a nut, letting the country go off the so called cliff, A term invented by TV talking heads so everyday people would have something to call national tragedy that is palatable. But trashing the faith and credit of the United States of American because a bunch of politicians care more about re-election than the country is not the answer. They have ALREADY made the decision that is the "only way out", its Sequester. Tough decisions have already been made but politicians are afraid of the repercussion, that decision was Sequester, it solves a lot of problems.
You need to turn off the TV and got of the internet for a couple weeks and let what’s left of your mind clear.
Kind of neat how sequestering was postponed until AFTER the election, huh? As far as the faith and credit of the U.S. being trashed, I believe we have already started down that road.

If I'm a nut, you are an idiot. I had rather be me.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Those complainning most about the Squestor are those who have a financial interst in the defence companies. That means almost all republicans and even some greedy democrats who are trying to scare the American public that we will not be able to defend ourselves. This propaganda info has been going on for along time and I hope the American people will wise up! The only time we were in bad defence posture was after 4 years of Jimmy Carter who gutted the military.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Columbus Native wrote:
Those complainning most about the Squestor are those who have a financial interst in the defence companies. That means almost all republicans and even some greedy democrats who are trying to scare the American public that we will not be able to defend ourselves. This propaganda info has been going on for along time and I hope the American people will wise up! The only time we were in bad defence posture was after 4 years of Jimmy Carter who gutted the military.
"Almost all republicans"?

LMAO.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Columbus Native wrote:
Hyperbole much?
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Once again Murdock(FOX News) with pressure from the back east Jewish lobby are putting out misinformation about Iran's nuclear capability. They want us to block Hagel as Defence Secretary because he most likely will not allow my country(USA) to be involved in Israel's war. Now I believe Israel has the right to exist, but not by financially costing us trillions nor by American troops and navy being involved in their war. Now Cheney thru the media heavily influenced America to get involved in Iraq. Let's don't allow these evil men to con us again! These media channels whether they be left-wing CNN,MSNBC, or right-wing Fox are very manipulative with their worldwide mental twists. Be wiser and outsmart them by not buying into their propaganda.
driving me nuts

Unadilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Columbus Native wrote:
<quoted text>There is NO comparison between us being bombed at Pearl Harbor and us going on the defensive and helping a country that is not at all a part of the USA. No, that rock won't roll and as someone previously stated they have nuclear weapons so let them kill each other. They have been doing this long before America was even thought of. The smart cagy American jews are trying to get us into it so they won't have to. They sure don't have me fooled and Obama/Hagel is'nt going to let this happen. You're on your own Jews,get after it and leave my country alone!
Pearl Harbor was one thing but sitting by while Hitler rolled over Europe and leaving Britain dangling for so long is what I was attempting to link the current situation to. And Jeb it ain't the same as Nam!
WTF

Hiawassee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Columbus Native wrote:
<quoted text>Either you are a jew or have bought into the idea that it is OUR responsibility to do Israels fighting for them. How many Israeli troops helped us in Iraq? Afganistan? How many are helping us at our border keeping illegals out? You also either own stock in defence companies or believe overspending on defence under the phony concept of security is somehow patriotic when only a few reap huge economic rewards for such brainwash propaganda put out by Congressmen who benefit under the table for such corruption. Thankfully count romny lost or else him and folks like you would BLOW our brains out on way overpriced and unnecessary military Pork. Let Iran and Israel go at it and Obama/Hagel WILL keep my country out of it. Jews would love to sit back on their butts and let America do everything for them. We did'nt need them before they were a country in 1947 and we can certainly do without them now. All you christians can throw some extra money in the plate next Sunday, hire your own private army, and go help them.
That’s the dumbest, most arsine post ever made on here! Israel has CONSTANTLY been at war since before 1947. They have “won”(without our help) three major conflicts with their Arab neighbors, one in less than a week, and the US never lifted a finger to help them. The US armed forces can’t win one in a decade of fighting.

Israel will lose ONE war but the US can lose dozens of wars, just so orders for military hardware keep flowing.
WATWT

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

These are not the most signifigant issues at hand to me. Isreal and the Muslims have been fighting since the beginning of time and will till the end. What I am at lost for is the drone strikes. I voted for Obama, as I seen he was the lesser of two evils, but I'm confused about the hypocrisy of saying that it's not okay to torture, but it's okay to kill by executive order. Which tells me that the president has the authority to be judge, jury, and executioner. That to me is more power than any one man should have. I am tired of hearing about protecting the middle class and are more interested in how many people starved last year in the U.S.A. I think our priorties are screwed up and only god can save us. I am scared for my children to move away and be poisoned by this ideology that bragging rites trumps morals and we are to busy trying to look like to the rest of the world as the financial king. We need to be worried about over population as this is the main cause for all the worlds problems. If we have the authority to say who lives or dies; then why on earth can't have some control on how many lives are created. I look at Washington on the news and they look at politics as a game. I have learned that all games come to an end. It has to end somewhere.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

What is very scary is that Obama might very well think that it is o.k. to use drones to kill Americans in America. Congress is at this time trying to find out if that is the case, and if it is that will make this country unsafe for everyone in it.
Anyone might be labeled a troublemaker or a terrorist or you might just happen to be in the vicinity during a drone strike.
Seems far out but is it really?
Retired

Hiawassee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

WATWT wrote:
but I'm confused about the hypocrisy of saying that it's not okay to torture, but it's okay to kill by executive order. Which tells me that the president has the authority to be judge, jury, and executioner..
Torture applies to POWs, drone strikes (and air strikes of any kind) are launched to take out combatants. Using drones does not place an American pilot in harm's way.

License to kill by executive order? Look up the term "wet boy." ALL nations employ them, they just never make the headlines - except when they really screw up like the Mossad did in Eqypt a few years ago.
formerresident

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

driving me nuts wrote:
<quoted text>
Pearl Harbor was one thing but sitting by while Hitler rolled over Europe and leaving Britain dangling for so long is what I was attempting to link the current situation to. And Jeb it ain't the same as Nam!
driving me nuts you got it. People standing by watching knowing, and allowing it to happen, while standing silently by, is evil in it's purest form.

Those encouraging it, are part of the problem as much as the people who created it, and added harm.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

formerresident wrote:
<quoted text>
driving me nuts you got it. People standing by watching knowing, and allowing it to happen, while standing silently by, is evil in it's purest form.
Those encouraging it, are part of the problem as much as the people who created it, and added harm.
I may be wrong but I think your statement is very close to the statement made by Albert Einstein.
WATWT

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Retired wrote:
<quoted text>
Torture applies to POWs, drone strikes (and air strikes of any kind) are launched to take out combatants. Using drones does not place an American pilot in harm's way.
License to kill by executive order? Look up the term "wet boy." ALL nations employ them, they just never make the headlines - except when they really screw up like the Mossad did in Eqypt a few years ago.
They do it; so it's alright for us? What I heard is if the President deems you to be a threat. Then he will send a robot to kill you. So what if your whole family is in the house to. Wouldn't it be more humane and logical on a intelligence standpoint to snatch this person up in the middle of the night. Bring him here and find out his plans instead of blowing him up only to make him a hero to them and further fuel the fire. Hell the nazis kept poison on them so they could kill themselves and not be tortured into telling their plans. Also you're mistaken sir torture doesn't apply to anyone to the U.S. That was my whole point. Why can we kill but not torture? It's hypocritical at the highest level. We lose wars when our purpose has become political instead of defending ourselves and those who can't.
runninghot

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

This story has to make you wonder if this administration actually thinks that it is alright to kill Americans on American soil. The man that Obama wants to be put at the head of the CIA,Mr. Brennan, refuses to answer Congress if he or this administration thinks it is o.k. to kill Americans on American soil using drones. I saw this on the news also.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/senator-h...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Columbus Native wrote:
Once again Murdock(FOX News) with pressure from the back east Jewish lobby are putting out misinformation about Iran's nuclear capability. They want us to block Hagel as Defence Secretary because he most likely will not allow my country(USA) to be involved in Israel's war. Now I believe Israel has the right to exist, but not by financially costing us trillions nor by American troops and navy being involved in their war. Now Cheney thru the media heavily influenced America to get involved in Iraq. Let's don't allow these evil men to con us again! These media channels whether they be left-wing CNN,MSNBC, or right-wing Fox are very manipulative with their worldwide mental twists. Be wiser and outsmart them by not buying into their propaganda.
Oh! I get it. YOU aren't falling victum to the LEFT WING propaganda, right? Oh, PLEASE. You are so left you meet yourself coming and going. You are entitled to YOUR OPINION just as we are entitled to ours, however, you are wasting your time running your "whether it's right wing or left wing" CRAP. Good grief.

Could it be that the evil Obama might actually enter into a war? Mercy me. If he does, what in the world will the liberals blame Bush for? Oh, I know. Obama's war will be righteous. Sheesh....
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave1 wrote:
Anyone might be labeled a troublemaker or a terrorist or you might just happen to be in the vicinity during a drone strike.
Seems far out but is it really?
Yes.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

runninghot wrote:
This story has to make you wonder if this administration actually thinks that it is alright to kill Americans on American soil. The man that Obama wants to be put at the head of the CIA,Mr. Brennan, refuses to answer Congress if he or this administration thinks it is o.k. to kill Americans on American soil using drones. I saw this on the news also.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/senator-h...
Is it OK to kill Americans on American soil? If you're looking for a yes/no answer, the answer is yes. Police do it frequently when it's necessary.

Is it ok for the army to roll up and kill a soccer mom? No. Would it be ok for Police to kill an American man who killed three cops and was shooting at them? Yes.

The question is if it's ok to kill someone. The answer is that sometimes it is. The method doesn't matter. The most efficient method with the fewest secondary consequences should probably be the preferred method.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Kingsland Forum right now

Search the Kingsland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Seeking a mechanic 4 hr Screw Julian 11
Which pest control? Mon Mike 11
Today Mon Jay Moreno 6
Hardcases at B&B Custom Hardscapes Mon Bob 35
kingsland adventure park Sun screw Julian 74
Residential car lots Sun Milly 97
Can the President be recalled? (Jul '09) Jul 22 joker 37
•••
•••