Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Kingsland Forum

Comments (Page 119)

Showing posts 2,361 - 2,380 of47,930
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2527
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Agreed wrote:
Anyone who thinks "trickle down economy" works is in the top 1%. This does not work, has been proven not to work, and still some people think this is the way to go. Even the word "trickle" should have given everyone a clue to the non-existence of this theory. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Nothing "trickles down" when the greedy can put it in their pocket. And that's exactly where it's been going. When you see people that have worked at the same place for years and still make little more than minimum wage, it's terrible. Especially when that company is making millions of dollars. The big money stays at the top and nothing "trickles" down except their pockets when the change from those $100's get too heavy.
Trickle down economics was a propaganda brainwash idea by Ronald Reagan and his economic advisor David Stockman. It sold and the rest is history. These two were intent on allowing the very wealthy to become even wealthier. Sure it does'nt work but after it was sold then it's too late. Rich people set up corporation that give millions of jobs to Mexico and China, they don't spend their money setting up plants in America. The minimum wage in Mexico is $1.57 an hour compared to 7.25 an hour here. There is no minimum nor maximum wage to the top CEO's in major corporations. There seems to be no balance in company wages anymore if there ever was one.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2528
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Just thinking....a lot of good points have been made in the last several posts. Does anyone have any serious ideas in regard to how this can be remedied?
The main problem seems to be politicians who lie to us in order to get elected. That includes the presidents(past and present) and the rest of congress. Lobbiest have and apparently will continue to be a major problem. ALL presidents(And YES, Obama has, too.) have given into them. How can we determine which people will be able to resist the lure of the lobbiests?
Obit

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2529
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but I'm still jealous of your undisputed status as the the "All Time Best Humorous Posts" awards you have earned on TOPIX. My buddies at breakfast and I still laugh over the planet where your sister/mother/ whatever, resides.
The only recent competition was a post in Deadspin's comments section that read;
"The Alabama offensive line is embarrassed to confess that despite it's previous statements, Notre Dames line backer Manti Te'o was imaginary.
Notre "Dames" number one ranking in the polls (before 'Bama showed them how the SEC plays the game) was also another illusion.
Obit

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2530
Jan 23, 2013
 
Here's something only the rich enjoy:

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/...
vote against them

Winter Haven, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2531
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Synergy wrote:
Just thinking....a lot of good points have been made in the last several posts. Does anyone have any serious ideas in regard to how this can be remedied?
The main problem seems to be politicians who lie to us in order to get elected. That includes the presidents(past and present) and the rest of congress. Lobbiest have and apparently will continue to be a major problem. ALL presidents(And YES, Obama has, too.) have given into them. How can we determine which people will be able to resist the lure of the lobbiests?
The ONLY way we will ever have a chance is to limit the amount of money spent on political campaigns. A law must also make pacs and super pacs illegal and require ALL political ads to disclose where the money comes from in any ad they run. The rich have all but shut out sensible choices in elections. All the money spent on ads full of lies and innuendo against the competition is now deciding who wins. Call and write your congressman and demand a change in campaign finances, or we are DONE.
We dont need guns on any kind to take back government. We just need to let politicians know that if true election reform is not done no matter what their stance is on taxes and gun control you will vote AGAINST them
Mayor of Dogpatch

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2532
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

But how else am I gonna get elected as Mayor of Dogpatch if I can't have super PAC money?
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2533
Jan 23, 2013
 
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
That logic would mean that when the law allowed slavery, we shouldn't criticize those who elected to enjoy the financial benefits if owning their fellow human beings.
After all it was legal to keep others in chains, take their labor, occasionally rape their wives and daughters, and maybe kill off the troublemakers.
Legal isn't the same as moral.
There was a time when it was even more legal for corporations to collude and conspire to create monopolies, prevent competition, force Americans to live at the complete mercy of the "Trusts", and drive anyone not part of the "club" into financial ruin.
Hey it was legal, so what if millions lives in abject poverty so that Standard Oil and its monopolistic cohorts could make billions.
Legal isn't the same as fair.
There was a time when 50,000 Americans were sent to die in a faraway war, which the government already knew was unwinable, while those who make billions for the war enjoyed their profits and the sons of the wealthy and powerful stayed safely far from danger.
Legal isn't the same as right.
Hey, I'm no moral leader, I take advantage of the corrupt system whenever I can, as does almost everyone else. But, that doesn't mean we should not criticize it's faults.
Real Americans seek to improve their country by criticizing it's policies when they are wrong.
That's not complaining, that's caring.
speaking of the vietnam war,i wonder whatever happened to the genius that thought up the 'domino theory'?
Agreed

Warner Robins, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2534
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

chevy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah?
Well, my dad can beat up your dad.
My dog's better than your dog.
I just have one question re your incredibly dumb post: What exactly is "management dummy"? Are you by any chance in the mannequin business?
Giddyup?
Little red wagon?
You funny man
Yeah, you're a "my dog" kinda guy! I wouldn't expect anymore out of you after reading your flaky opinions. You are seriously asking what management is?? Management is the collective body of those who manage or direct an enterprise. A dummy is YOU. Now, do you need more schoolin' boy or do you get it now??
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2535
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>speaking of the vietnam war,i wonder whatever happened to the genius that thought up the 'domino theory'?
someone posted me on facebook to inform me that he was teaching humanities at yale.do you really think that this is true?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2536
Jan 23, 2013
 
vote against them wrote:
<quoted text>
The ONLY way we will ever have a chance is to limit the amount of money spent on political campaigns. A law must also make pacs and super pacs illegal and require ALL political ads to disclose where the money comes from in any ad they run. The rich have all but shut out sensible choices in elections. All the money spent on ads full of lies and innuendo against the competition is now deciding who wins. Call and write your congressman and demand a change in campaign finances, or we are DONE.
We dont need guns on any kind to take back government. We just need to let politicians know that if true election reform is not done no matter what their stance is on taxes and gun control you will vote AGAINST them
Great response. The only way this can get accomplished(it seems to me) is that we, as a people, would have to be organized and all on board. Otherwise, we'll just end up as we are now. How do you think that can be accomplished?
formerresident

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2537
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

And it rang, and it rang, and it rang.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2539
Jan 23, 2013
 
vote against them wrote:
<quoted text>
The ONLY way we will ever have a chance is to limit the amount of money spent on political campaigns. A law must also make pacs and super pacs illegal and require ALL political ads to disclose where the money comes from in any ad they run. The rich have all but shut out sensible choices in elections. All the money spent on ads full of lies and innuendo against the competition is now deciding who wins. Call and write your congressman and demand a change in campaign finances, or we are DONE.
We dont need guns on any kind to take back government. We just need to let politicians know that if true election reform is not done no matter what their stance is on taxes and gun control you will vote AGAINST them
great posts from you,synergy,zoltar and informed opinion.and a great idea about the superpacs,but even if this is done,we still have to try to do something about the lobbyists influencing all politicicans.more rational thoughts like these could eventually lead to a step in proper direction,whether in the right left or middle.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2540
Jan 23, 2013
 
informed opinion wrote:
and after I meet with my rich clients on the beach for lunch I will figure out why the Falcons bite the big one.
Birmingham -

an informed opinion in Birmingham -

Welcome.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2541
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>Does it make sense to you that YOU are taking advantage of a system that you don't agree with? That's just DO as I SAY and NOT as I DO rhetoric. Your critizing and then taking advantage is disingenuous at best. If you are going to talk the talk, walk the walk. Lead by example. Personally, I don't know of ANYONE who doesn't CARE. I'm just not accustomed to anyone who complains as you do, points fingers and then does the same thing that you are critizing others for. LIberals would call conservatives HYPOCRITES for saying such.
So, I'll tell you now....I CARE. Do you? Do you CARE enough to stop taking advantage of a system you don't agree with? Show how much YOU care. Walk the walk. You are NOT helping by taking advantage when ALL the others can't. Prove how much YOU care.
It's only hypocritical if I don't acknowledge that there are parts of the system that unfairly favor me, and parts of the system that unfairly disfavor me, on the whole, like most working folks, I'm screwed.

Can't be more honest than that.

If you believe I will allow myself to be screwed even worse - good luck with that.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2542
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

not so smart after all wrote:
<quoted text>HOW MANY times have I said the problem is NOT with the tax rates??? It’s with the super friendly way the rich and corporations pay off legislators to reduce the effective tax rate that they pay. The middle class doesn’t elect our legislators anymore, the Supreme Court has made it possible for get a monkey elected in this country with enough money. Those with enough money now have the green light to use it to buy elections allowing them to continue the accumulation of wealth and further depress the American Middle Class. Remember them, the American Middle Class used to be the fuel for the economic engine that is the United States. Now the fuel for the upper percentage of wage earners and large corporations is OFFSHORE.
Do you really believe that American grown corporations with the help of American people and the American government have enjoyed huge prosperity NOW owe this country NOTHING. That is all about the profits and damn any damage to the county that spawned them in the quest for profits???
AGAIN, what do you have against the MIDDLE CLASS????

You need to roll over in bed and WAKE UP!
Great post.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2543
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Columbus Native wrote:
<quoted text>Trickle down economics was a propaganda brainwash idea by Ronald Reagan and his economic advisor David Stockman. It sold and the rest is history. These two were intent on allowing the very wealthy to become even wealthier. Sure it does'nt work but after it was sold then it's too late. Rich people set up corporation that give millions of jobs to Mexico and China, they don't spend their money setting up plants in America. The minimum wage in Mexico is $1.57 an hour compared to 7.25 an hour here. There is no minimum nor maximum wage to the top CEO's in major corporations. There seems to be no balance in company wages anymore if there ever was one.
Great post.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2544
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>speaking of the vietnam war,i wonder whatever happened to the genius that thought up the 'domino theory'?
William Bundy and Robert McNamara.

McNamara brought his genius to the World Bank where he engaged in further helpful work as described in the book "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man".


In this shocking memoir, Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, John Perkins tells of his own inner journey from willing servant of empire to impassioned advocate for the rights of oppressed people. Covertly recruited by the United States National Security Agency and on the payroll of an international consulting firm, he traveled the world—to Indonesia, Panama, Ecuador, Colombia, Saudi Arabia, Iran and other strategically important countries. His job was to implement policies that promoted the interests of the U.S. corporatocracy (a coalition of government, banks, and corporations) while professing to alleviate poverty—policies that alienated many nations and ultimately led to September 11 and growing anti-Americanism. Within a few weeks of its release , Confessions of an Economic Hit Man landed onThe New York Times Bestseller List ... According to John Perkins, "It is accomplishing an important objective in inspiring people to think and talk and to know that we can change the world."

“[A] gripping tell-all book….”
--Rocky Mountain News “John Perkins' story is so astonishing it defies belief…. imagine the conceptual love child of James Bond and Milton Friedman.”
--Boston Herald

“…compulsively readable and revealing.… Resisting threats and bribes, Perkins persisted and wrote his well-documented confessional. He has produced an unflinching and forceful insider’s look at how the U.S. government, multinational ‘aid’ organizations and corporations are following a dangerous path in their pursuit of oil and other resources.”
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2545
Jan 23, 2013
 
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
William Bundy and Robert McNamara.
McNamara brought his genius to the World Bank where he engaged in further helpful work as described in the book "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man".
In this shocking memoir, Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, John Perkins tells of his own inner journey from willing servant of empire to impassioned advocate for the rights of oppressed people. Covertly recruited by the United States National Security Agency and on the payroll of an international consulting firm, he traveled the world—to Indonesia, Panama, Ecuador, Colombia, Saudi Arabia, Iran and other strategically important countries. His job was to implement policies that promoted the interests of the U.S. corporatocracy (a coalition of government, banks, and corporations) while professing to alleviate poverty—policies that alienated many nations and ultimately led to September 11 and growing anti-Americanism. Within a few weeks of its release , Confessions of an Economic Hit Man landed onThe New York Times Bestseller List ... According to John Perkins, "It is accomplishing an important objective in inspiring people to think and talk and to know that we can change the world."
“[A] gripping tell-all book….”
--Rocky Mountain News “John Perkins' story is so astonishing it defies belief…. imagine the conceptual love child of James Bond and Milton Friedman.”
--Boston Herald
“…compulsively readable and revealing.… Resisting threats and bribes, Perkins persisted and wrote his well-documented confessional. He has produced an unflinching and forceful insider’s look at how the U.S. government, multinational ‘aid’ organizations and corporations are following a dangerous path in their pursuit of oil and other resources.”
thanks,was more aware of macnamara(ford motor co,)the mustang was a much better idea than the domino.barely remember bundy(wonder if he was related to ted-just kidding).

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2546
Jan 23, 2013
 
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only hypocritical if I don't acknowledge that there are parts of the system that unfairly favor me, and parts of the system that unfairly disfavor me, on the whole, like most working folks, I'm screwed.
Can't be more honest than that.
If you believe I will allow myself to be screwed even worse - good luck with that.
Well, it can be considered hypocritical if one criticizes a system, but then uses said criticized system to his advantage.

Not judging. Just pointing out.
Anarchy

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2547
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

neither...destuction to the republican and dem parties of America. yuck.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,361 - 2,380 of47,930
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Kingsland Forum right now

Search the Kingsland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hardcases at B&B Custom Hardscapes 3 hr Bam Bam 4
Residential car lots 4 hr Free Choice 40
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 5 hr marvinstevens 2,040
MCs in camden 6 hr Jason 1
Dukes of Iron MC 11 hr Vetalso2006-2013 12
Concerned Parents over location of Concrete / A... Sat Phooey 3
Kingsland radio station (Nov '12) Sat Jay Moreno 24
•••
•••
•••
•••

Kingsland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Kingsland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Kingsland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kingsland
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••